Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. (3983 Views)

Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff / Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
The Nursing profession has always been associated with the female gender, but with changing times and with the gender war in professions gradually fading, more and more men are taking up Nursing as a career, especially in developed countries. Since the introduction of B.Sc Nursing in Nigerian universities, more males have taken to the profession, albeit most had to settle for it instead of medicine. However, there seems to be some "issues" with this. So male nurses in the house, tell us about your jobs. Is it a rewarding and worthwhile job? Any job satisfaction? How do people react on learning you are a male nurse? How is the relationship with your female counterparts? And finally, how do your patients, male and female doctors treat you? Humble advice for those following your footsteps.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by laykhorn(m): 12:02am On Apr 15, 2013
well, I'm not one, I guess I'm on a wrong thread.
**hits back button**

1 Like

Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 1:06am On Apr 15, 2013
laykhorn: well, I'm not one, I guess I'm on a wrong thread.
**hits back button**
errmm.. Even if u are not one, maybe you know one. All relevant comments are welcome.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Prettychyna(f): 7:47am On Apr 15, 2013
Am a female nurse, I respect male nurses cos they are good at their jobs. And patients seem to love them. The problem is that patients sometimes confuse them as doctors which shows that people are yet to come to terms that all nurses are not females. I believe they can also make good husbands. My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2013
Prettychyna: Am a female nurse, I respect male nurses cos they are good at their jobs. And patients seem to love them. The problem is that patients sometimes confuse them as doctors which shows that people are yet to come to terms that all nurses are not females. I believe they can also make good husbands. My 2cents
Wow!! You just solidified my resolution even more!
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
No male nurses in d house? Na agberos full NL? Nawa oh!
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Geomac: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
Santi222: No male nurses in d house? Na agberos full NL? Nawa oh!

lol
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
Geomac:

lol
true oh. If na Toto Dike issue nw or P Triangle or Wizadult.. Enuf yarns 4 dey.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by dober(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
AM HERE.
Anoda florence nightinguy. Lol#
Nursing has been so sweet for me as a male while i was in skl of nursing..
Currently i am a R.N in search of job. Suprisingly the few opportunities i get will end up telling me "we dont need a male nurse, we would appreciate if you get us a female."
huh. Dats rily frustrating now.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
dober: AM HERE.
Anoda florence nightinguy. Lol#
Nursing has been so sweet for me as a male while i was in skl of nursing..
Currently i am a R.N in search of job. Suprisingly the few opportunities i get will end up telling me "we dont need a male nurse, we would appreciate if you get us a female."
huh. Dats rily frustrating now.

awww.. Dats sad. But its gonna be ok man, I believe. I wanna make RN too. Just dont have d time to study it for 4 yrs again.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by dober(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Santi222:

awww.. Dats sad. But its gonna be ok man, I believe. I wanna make RN too. Just dont have d time to study it for 4 yrs again.

what qualification do u have?
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
dober:

what qualification do u have?

I've got a B.sc in Biochemistry. And I wouldnt want to spend 4 years again studying nursing.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Ishilove: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
Dunno...there's something about male nurses that I find gayish... undecided embarassed
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by dober(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Santi222:

I've got a B.sc in Biochemistry. And I wouldnt want to spend 4 years again studying nursing.

k. Seems u love nursing.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by dober(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ishilove: Dunno...there's something about male nurses that I find gayish... undecided embarassed

dnt knw of dat too. Mayb u could explain
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2013
Ishilove: Dunno...there's something about male nurses that I find gayish... undecided embarassed

Common now, Ishi. Why you dey talk like dis now? How would it be like if i tell u something stinks high to heaven about female doctors? That they're so strongly assertive that common sense and reason gives way to bitchy attititudes? What if i say they like playing the man role in a lesbian relationship? You gotta understand a little more of human psychology before it hits you why some men have decided to be nurses. I believe u understand what personal fufilment means. And u know what career fufilment is. Then you should know that sometimes, the two a parallel line that never meet in some people's lives. And know that some people have found a way of combining and achieving the two simultaneously. And thats what nursing for males is. Ishi, its not always about making money only for men. Something else calls. Some hearken to dat call. Others ignore it. Know that Some men are true angels at heart. I love nursing and I'm not gay. By the way, my gal's name is Ishioma.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Ishilove: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2013
Santi222:

Common now, Ishi. Why you dey talk like dis now? How would it be like if i tell u something stinks high to heaven about female doctors? That they're so strongly assertive that common sense and reason gives way to bitchy attititudes? What if i say they like playing the man role in a lesbian relationship? You gotta understand a little more of human psychology before it hits you why some men have decided to be nurses. I believe u understand what personal fufilment means. And u know what career fufilment is. Then you should know that sometimes, the two a parallel line that never meet in some people's lives. And know that some people have found a way of combining and achieving the two simultaneously. And thats what nursing for males is. Ishi, its not always about making money only for men. Something else calls. Some hearken to dat call. Others ignore it. Know that Some men are true angels at heart. I love nursing and I'm not gay. By the way, my gal's name is Ishioma.
For real?? I bet she's an angel, just like me cheesy. Ishiomas are often beautiful people, both in and out grin. Say hi to her for me smiley

Yes you are right, Santi. However, sometimes the econonmic situation of a country can make one jettison personal fulfillment and focus on making that dough. I am in a job that I find completely unsatisfying and unfullfilling, but will I resign to do that which I really love? Hell no. Not now at least. If nursing is where your heart lies, by all means, go ahead. Put all factors into consideration, though, before taking that leap.

As for me, my experience with male nurses is minimal because I haven't come across many. The few I met were a tad effiiminate (or maybe that's just me seeing women dressed up as men grin) and it kind of amused me.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Santi222(m): 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gud one ishi. you got my drift. God help us all. The economic tin causes lots of harm. I wish my Ishi cud write like ya.. but I bet she beats ya in cooking. No body fit try her dia. I go halla am for u.
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Ishilove: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
Santi222: Gud one ishi. you got my drift. God help us all. The economic tin causes lots of harm. I wish my Ishi cud write like ya.. but I bet she beats ya in cooking. No body fit try her dia. I go halla am for u.
I bet she will beat me hands down. Cooking isn't exactly one of my strong points embarassed grin
Re: Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. by Babalola1990: 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Just getting to see this thread. Far above exaggeration, the work has been good for me as a male nurse, no identity issue and I've been a male in contrast to ishi's stereotype. If you feel different, let's work your rectum up for some retention enema cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Graphics Design As A Career Path / Chartered Financial And Investment Analyst Of Nigeria CIFIAN. Let Meet Here.. / Working In A Bank Is Better Than Working In An Oil Company - Fact Or Fiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.