Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

A Message For All Atheists In The House - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message For All Atheists In The House (3868 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2013
anonymoux:

To explain the love of my creator, I am alive sound and healthy is that not enough reason that God(MY CREATOR) loves me? ? ?
And when ur sick and dead, he doesn't?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor:

Welcome, Frank.

Well I do not claim to have the answers, I just have some suggestions and I'm willing to share my perspectives.

Love provides, and love is not an inhibitor.

God's love provides:
Look around you today and you'll realize that almost all, if not all, the evil in this world exists because of man's participation. The world in its natural state is peaceful, healthy and serene as the Creator intended. The creation is designed to ensure its survival (just like you), so nature retaliates against man when it is threatened. These retaliations come in the form of new strains of diseases, environmental chaos and imbalances causing natural disasters. Man as caretaker of this beautiful planet is failing at his work, BUT the love of God for us in crafting this beautiful place is evidenced by the things in nature that man has not yet corrupted.

God's love is not an inhibitor:
Love builds up, it does not limit. Love provides alternatives so that the loved one is not inhibited. This is how God loved us, that he allowed us freewill to think, act or do whatever we want to. However, to each decision there is an end. And in his love, he will repay each person according to their decisions and their final ends. This act of repaying in itself is also an evidence of God's love.

Those two come to mind right away so I thought to share them.

Bros, let me say this... God love this world so very much... And he has proved his love for the world already. Take for instance, my dad loves me, and the only way he can prove is love for me is to send me to school. Because that is the best he can give to me right
He don't need to keep proving over and over again that he loves me. Just only perfect proof and that's all.

Now the fact that I trek to school Monday to Friday, does not mean my dad does not love me, why? Because he has already proved to me that he loves me, by sending me to school.

God too has proved his love for the world. People will surely die, it doesn't mean God does not love the world. He has already prove his love for the world. And this is what the son and the only child of God told me. Not that I am not quoting the bible because my believe is not in the bible....

* For God so love the World that HE GAVE THE WORLD to his son and only child that whosoever believed in his son and only child, that the son and only child of God is the only person that is has great as God and that, he is equal with God in every aspect, and that Since God has no blood in him, so does his son and only child too. And that since God will never come to planet earth to prove to the World that he exists, his son and only child too will never do that, because a son/child of GOD can be nothing less or more power than God himself.... So if you or anyone believe that God is a living being, and because all living things re-produce, then you must believe God too can reproduce, and since God is He, so his child too much be He, and since God is the Uncreated, his child too must be uncreated. Since God cannot die, his son and only child cannot die - If you believe perfectly in the son and the only child of My creator, then you will not perish(die) but have and everlasting life here on earth!!!!! As in nothing can hinder you from living forever....

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by anonymoux: 10:28am On Mar 12, 2013
musKeeto:
And when ur sick and dead, he doesn't?

Read the post I have above
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by frank317: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor:

Welcome, Frank.

Well I do not claim to have the answers, I just have some suggestions and I'm willing to share my perspectives.

God's love provides:
Look around you today and you'll realize that almost all, if not all, the evil in this world exists because of man's participation. The world in its natural state is peaceful, healthy and serene as the Creator intended. The creation is designed to ensure its survival (just like you), so nature retaliates against man when it is threatened. These retaliations come in the form of new strains of diseases, environmental chaos and imbalances causing natural disasters. Man as caretaker of this beautiful planet is failing at his work, BUT the love of God for us in crafting this beautiful place is evidenced by the things in nature that man has not yet corrupted.

Love builds up, it does not limit. Love provides alternatives so that the loved one is not inhibited. This is how God loved us, that he allowed us freewill to think, act or do whatever we want to. However, to each decision there is an end. And in his love, he will repay each person according to their decisions and their final ends. This act of repaying in itself is also an evidence of God's love.

I don't quite get it, what I see here is u making comfortable assumptions to suit ur claim. Don't get me wrong I am not here to argue bt to get answer u a nagging question.
How can u accept that natural desasters, sickness, sufferings are as a result of man's evil actions, but positive things or good thongs that happens are a result of Gods love. It makes no sense. If man is responsible for evil outcomes, he shuld also be responsible for good outcomes and not God.
How are we so ready to push evil and its outcome to man and push all positivity to God. Is man created to b evil?
Ok, if God is responsible for good he shuld also b responsible for evil.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by frank317: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor:

Welcome, Frank.

God's love provides:

I don't quite get it, what I see here is u making comfortable assumptions to suit ur claim. Don't get me wrong I am not here to argue bt to get answer u a nagging question.
How can u accept that natural desasters, sickness, sufferings are as a result of man's evil actions, but positive things or good thongs that happens are a result of Gods love. It makes no sense. If man is responsible for evil outcomes, he shuld also be responsible for good outcomes and not God.
How are we so ready to push evil and its outcome to man and push all positivity to God. Is man created to b evil?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2013
frank3.16:

[b]How can u accept that natural desasters, sickness, sufferings are as a result of man's evil actions, but positive things or good thongs that happens are a result of Gods love. It makes no sense. If man is responsible for evil outcomes, he shuld also be responsible for good outcomes and not God.
[/b]How are we so ready to push evil and its outcome to man and push all positivity to God. Is man created to b evil?

Gbam......Inesqr probably didnt think that far......
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by UyiIredia(m): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

What nonsense is this?

My life is a result of evolution that can be explained without supernatural causes. Try again.

The formation of planets including the earth have been explained without supernatural causes. Try again.

If you can answer a question, be like the scientists and atheists that say that they dont know. If you dont know what God's love is like, just say that yoou dont know. Dont give me a BS answer

No, your life can't be as a result of evolution especially when your evolutionists have not concluded on how life began. Even the proposed scenario of living organisms arising from macromolecules is fraught with difficulties such as the very specific conditions under which these macromolecules are made or the cross-reactions that will surely occur in a prebiotic soup. In fact, some of your precious evolutionists resort to chance so that we have a chance-of-the-gaps 'explanation'.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by UyiIredia(m): 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
I no longer believe the Christian God is one filled with love. For I can no longer ignore the brutality of killing a supposed sinless child in order to forgive a people. As an atheist rightly asked; why not just forgive ? Neither do I agree with the wiping out of villages and cities as documented in the OT or the extremely harsh curse in the garden for a crime. A God of love doesn't indiscriminately kill or punish those who had nothing to do with the crime as done in the garden or as stated when God said he punishes down to the 3rd and 4th generation of sinners. Put simply, I no longer believe (as I once did) that the Christian God is loving.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No, your life can't be as a result of evolution especially when your evolutionists have not concluded on how life began. Even the proposed scenario of living organisms arising from macromolecules is fraught with difficulties such as the very specific conditions under which these macromolecules are made or the cross-reactions that will surely occur in a prebiotic soup. In fact, some of your precious evolutionists resort to chance so that we have a chance-of-the-gaps 'explanation'.

I didnt talk about the origin of life, I talked about the origin of human life- we evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I no longer believe the Christian God is one filled with love. For I can no longer ignore the brutality of killing a supposed sinless child in order to forgive a people. As an atheist rightly asked; why not just forgive ? Neither do I agree with the wiping out of villages and cities as documented in the OT or the extremely harsh curse in the garden for a crime. A God of love doesn't indiscriminately kill or punish those who had nothing to do with the crime as done in thwe garden or as stated when God said he punishes down to the 3rd and 4th generation of sinners. Put simply, I no longer believe (as I once did) that the Christian God is loving.

Hallelujah!

smiley smiley
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by mazaje(m): 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I no longer believe the Christian God is one filled with love. For I can no longer ignore the brutality of killing a supposed sinless child in order to forgive a people. As an atheist rightly asked; why not just forgive ? Neither do I agree with the wiping out of villages and cities as documented in the OT or the extremely harsh curse in the garden for a crime. A God of love doesn't indiscriminately kill or punish those who had nothing to do with the crime as done in thwe garden or as stated when God said he punishes down to the 3rd and 4th generation of sinners. Put simply, I no longer believe (as I once did) that the Christian God is loving.

Even the bile does not claim that the god it talks about is ALL loving. . .Christians are the ones that insist their god must be ALL loving. . .Jews actually do not have any problem with worshiping a god that is both loving and unloving depending on the situation. . .Jews do not attribute the all loving characteristic to Yahweh. . .A simple reading of the bible shows that the god it talks about is NOT all loving. . .It actually describes a monster in the pages of the OT. . .
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by UyiIredia(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

I didnt talk about the origin of life, I talked about the origin of human life- we evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys

No, we didn't. And the best evidence you can provide is circunmstantial evidence (DNA and bones) that can be interpreted anyway. And there is reason to be skeptical since HOW this evolution occurred isn't detailed. It is only said it happens. I think it absurd that an ape-like ancestor had to give birth to something other than it. And this MUST have happened if man evolved from ape-like ancestors.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by UyiIredia(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hallelujah!

smiley smiley

I thought only Christians use that expression.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No, we didn't. And the best evidence you can provide is circunmstantial evidence (DNA and bones) that can be interpreted anyway. And there is reason to be skeptical since HOW this evolution occurred isn't detailed. It is only said it happens. I think it absurd that an ape-like ancestor had to give birth to something other than it. And this MUST have happened if man evolved from ape-like ancestors.

Stop being ignorant of science. Evolution is one of the most tested theories in science. Denying it at this point is foolishness. How can DNA evidence be circumferential when it has consitently shown patterns between species and scientists can accurately predict certain structures in animals with it?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by UyiIredia(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Stop being ignorant of science. Evolution is one of the most tested theories in science. Denying it at this point is foolishness. How can DNA evidence be circumferential when it has consitently shown patterns between species and scientists can accurately predict certain structures in animals with it?

No. It is one of the most flimsy and poorly tested theories in science. Take human evolution for example it was assumed that a fused chromosome proves evolution and when a fused chromosome was found, it was forwarded as genetic evidence. Pathetic ! What was the basis for saying that ? Had it been shown that chromosome fusion was evident in all evolutionary processes ? The patterns you talk of are assumed. In fact, they are in conflict with those from morphological comparisons. I also note that you failed -as usual- to address other points I raised.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
@Uyi Iredia + Mazaje + Frank

Love means looking out for one's best interest. Man is limited and never sees the entire picture. Only God who sees all purposes and the outcomes of decisions, can be termed as all-loving. In my usage of "all-loving", some things that humans consider "wicked" may be included. Only God who knows all and sees all can understand, like a judge who having carefully considered all evidence, makes a decision. Even when the decision involves sentencing the person to death, or something else that may cause tears or be an unpopular decision with the media or general public.

The reason I say God is good is because I believe He is the harmony in creation, being the creator. Not because I expect fun positive vibes all the time.

Good means "well suited for a purpose". And who else knows what is suited for a purpose if not the Creator who also establishes harmony?

I once flogged this issue philosophically. "Meta Ethics: Good and Evil" or something. My first topic ever on Nairaland. I'm mobile now but I'll post a link when I can. Or else if someone can help, that'd be great.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No. It is one of the most flimsy and poorly tested theories in science. Take human evolution for example it was assumed that a fused chromosome proves evolution and when a fused chromosome was found, it was forwarded as genetic evidence. Pathetic ! What was the basis for saying that ? Had it been shown that chromosome fusion was evident in all evolutionary processes ? The patterns you talk of are assumed. In fact, they are in conflict with those from morphological comparisons. I also note that you failed -as usual- to address other points I raised.

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor: @Uyi Iredia + Mazaje + Frank

Love means looking out for one's best interest. Man is limited and never sees the entire picture. Only God who sees all purposes and the outcomes of decisions, can be termed as all-loving. In my usage of "all-loving", some things that humans consider "wicked" may be included. Only God who knows all and sees all can understand, like a judge who having carefully considered all evidence, makes a decision. Even when the decision involves sentencing the person to death, or something else that may cause tears or be an unpopular decision with the media or general public.

The reason I say God is good is because I believe He is the harmony in creation, being the creator. Not because I expect fun positive vibes all the time.

Good means "well suited for a purpose". And who else knows what is suited for a purpose if not the Creator who also establishes harmony?

I once flogged this issue philosophically. "Meta Ethics: Good and Evil" or something. My first topic ever on Nairaland. I'm mobile now but I'll post a link when I can. Or else if someone can help, that'd be great.

https://www.nairaland.com/402063/meta-ethics-nature-origins-good-evil
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
This is one of the quotes I was looking for. I hope my point is clearer.

InesQor:
I think the real question is "What is good? What does it mean, and what does it entail?". As mortals we tend to think of good as "whatever favours me", but I guess its not like that on a cosmic scale. Here is the wikipedia entry on "good".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good
Good as an adjective

* expressing usefulness (of objects, "good for"wink
* expressing expertise (of persons, "good at"wink
* expressing morality or altruism (of persons)

I believe none other than an initial creator can establish the usefulness, expertise and morality (accurate conduct) and altruism (selfless harmony) involved in the creation. The perfection of the creation may involve some elements that appear "evil" to us as men, but on the creator's scale, they are "good".

As you noted, this all hangs upon the PURPOSE of the creation, which is shrouded in great mystery. But only God, the creator, would understand this mysteriously shrouded purpose, and whatever he deems in harmonious consonance with that purpose is good, whatever is not is evil.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Love cannot be divorced from purpose.

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by frank317: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor: @Uyi Iredia + Mazaje + Frank

u can say this again, all i get from ur post is that, God can as well kill half of the people on earth, unleash earthquake, let innocent children die, but will still remain a loving God because whatever he does is well suited for a purpose, since he is the creator.

why do we keep on trying to explain God who we have no idea of what/who he is? if u know nothing about God, stop trying too hard. he is not paying anybody to say he is good. dont expect favours from him becos u say he is good.

do u know what i have come to find out?
we christians are like supporters of a polititian who is in power and believe if they continue to praise the politician despite his evil deeds, we will always get favour from him.

to meoooo, i think God has created this earth for us to live and survive what ever way we can. calling on him every single day changes nothing. this life is survival of the fittest.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Image123(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Frank, are you also a christain?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by InesQor(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
@Frank:

But you asked for my opinion. I never claimed to know it all.

Anyways, I must clarify; I am not one of the people in your analogy that praise God because they are hoping it will make him favour them. Trust me, I have experienced a whole lot in my few 28 years, so I know better. My love and belief in God is not born out of such a twisted form of emotional blackmail like you described, but has been forged and seasoned through diverse troublesome times. This has made my views so intense that you may consider me a Christian Existentialist and you won't be at all far from the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_existentialism
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
ooman:

why are you stalking me?
Am I? Let's focus on the topic.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by edcode(f): 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
anonymoux:

To explain the love of my creator, I am alive sound and healthy is that not enough reason that God(MY CREATOR) loves me? ? ?

So what happens when you fall sick? Say u catch AIDS. God's love?
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by frank317: 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
Image123: Frank, are you also a christain?

honestly, i realy dont know. i believe in God, but i think we have succeded in building a God we want in our mind.

you can call me a christian, i am comfortable with it, but i have my own thoughts.

i dont argue on this because the world is too mysterious for me, i dont know anything. i just say what i feel and what i have observed. but honestly, no christian have made any serious meaning on this site,... at the end of the day we are all confused.

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by frank317: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor: @Frank:

But you asked for my opinion. I never claimed to know it all.

Anyways, I must clarify; I am not one of the people in your analogy that praise God because they are hoping it will make him favour them. Trust me, I have experienced a whole lot in my few 28 years, so I know better. My love and belief in God is not born out of such a twisted form of emotional blackmail like you described, but has been forged and seasoned through diverse troublesome times. This has made my views so intense that you may consider me a Christian Existentialist and you won't be at all far from the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_existentialism

ok, i will take my time and check on your link. thanks all the same
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by frank317: 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
mr.anonymoux
i am worried for u, u sound like a disturbed person. i will like u to meet some few people in your environment and try and make them evaluate u. this is so that u can b sure if u are emotionally stable.
no insult meant pls. thanks for understanding.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by truthislight: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I no longer believe the Christian God is one filled with love.

that depends on your definition of love.

I hope you will not kill a snake that will bit your kid and possibly leave it to bit him or her because you are "all" loving or too sympathetic to harm the snake = "love".

Yes, you will tolerate evil meted out to others since you are "all" loving and cannot penalise evil doers. Yea = "love".

If you know how the human mind works, you will come to understand why drug pedddlers dont prefer places where death penalty is the sentence for offenders.

Uyi Iredia:
For I can no longer ignore the brutality of killing a supposed sinless child in order to forgive a people.

Not if you are not limited by death or you can undo death. You talk as human.

you dont make laws and not lead by example, if you dont, no one will keep the laws you put in place.

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin." (Hebrews 9:22).
A life for a life(soul for soul)

You are thinking as a mere human and not as the giver of all lives, almighty.
Does he not have the means to bring him back to life ?

Uyi Iredia:
As an atheist rightly asked; why not just forgive ?

what do you call him? = an atheist.
He can not and has no idea of how this(spiritual) things work. Does he even know how his life is being sustained? No.

other angels in heaven already knows yahweh standard, he will not be the one that will set the bad example of breaking his standard of life for life. The process also set a precedent for all freewill person not to cross the line again since there will be no another Jesus that will come and die.
Any rebel hence will get instance sentencing in the new order.

Uyi Iredia:
Neither do I agree with the wiping out of villages and cities as documented in the OT

but you agree with the unprovoked agression by satan Worshpers toward the sons of Israel on their way out of egypt to the promise land?
smh for you.
What do you think was the reason for the unprovoked attack?
Did the Amalikite know what you dont know? Think!

If you will have a reason for all your actions, why find it difficult to accept that yahweh has a reason for all the actions taken even though the bible cannot contain all the justifications and reasons for his actions?

Uyi Iredia:
or the extremely harsh curse in the garden for a crime.

what do you think he should have done to set a precedent to forestall Future occurrence of such rebellion?

Yahweh was accused of being a bad ruler.
While satan said he hard a better system.
See the result now since yahweh hands off.
Who was right? Satan or yahweh.

Was satan's option right?
Have/can human successfully rule them self without yahweh? Whats your answer?

How would you have come to know the answer if yahweh had not allowed time for things to run it course?

Will angels not support another rebel like satan in the future? Now they know better.

Uyi Iredia:
A God of love doesn't indiscriminately kill or punish those who had nothing to do with the crime as done in the garden

who else was there apart from Adam and eve?

A father only gives to his children what he has and not what he does not have.

Uyi Iredia:
or as stated when God said he punishes down to the 3rd and 4th generation of sinners.

yes, that ^ to those who hate him.
He will always be alive up to the 100 generation and beyond.
As such, one should not think he will do things and get away, but that it will affect his future generation. Again, that is what the wicked man action gives to his children.

With that ^, vengeance is not mine but that of Yahweh. You should really learn to fear and respect yahweh and others.

Do you expect the punishment of Yahweh to be the same with that of humans?
You dont know who the almighty is than. He is not your class mate guy. Place him properly.

Uyi Iredia:
Put simply, I no longer believe (as I once did) that the Christian God is loving.

think deeply and ask lots of questions Jesus had adviced = "keep on asking". Mat7:7.

you need to upgrade.

This are very seriouse stuff.

Dont be like some people that are alife in an era that yahweh has decided not to relate with humans physically after the massaiah had come, but they keep asking for his "proof"

(John 4:23).
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. " (John 4:23)

Yes, Yahweh accept spiritual relationship now and not physical.

It is his call, and not ours.
Asking for proof is a west of time.

But:

"but this is everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you the only true God, and of Jesus christ whom you sent"

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

1 Like

Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by Image123(m): 2:15am On Mar 15, 2013
frank3.16:

honestly, i realy dont know. i believe in God, but i think we have succeded in building a God we want in our mind.

you can call me a christian, i am comfortable with it, but i have my own thoughts.

i dont argue on this because the world is too mysterious for me, i dont know anything. i just say what i feel and what i have observed. but honestly, no christian have made any serious meaning on this site,... at the end of the day we are all confused.

uuummm, if you really don't know if you are a christian then you are not. Won't be a bad idea to be though. A christian BTW is one who is born again, who has repented of his sins and is living by faith in Jesus Christ. At the end of the day fortunately, some of us are not confused. We know what we have received.
1John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

@poster, perhaps I am one of those pple seeking genuine answers. First I will like u to xplain further what u mean by the love of God? Honestly, looking around me, I don't feel his love. I don't want to go assuming, as in assuming that because I am alive or breath air that means it is hiss love. I see pple die everyday, go to hospital u will see sick pple, children die of hunger in millions, natural desasters everywhere, accidents, sufferings of all kind. How does this discribe the love of God? How do u just assume that u are feeling his love when u see all these things hapning around u?

If u are healthy, another is sick. Sometimes u are sick, another is healthy... Where does his love come in here? How long will we continue assuming?
The Bible declares that God is love.
1John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Psa 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

Our lives show it, the earth also. God gives us access to rain, sunshine, oxygen, health, despite all of our disobedience to Him.
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for [size=14pt]he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.[/size]

What if God gave instant punishment for every wrong done. or denied evil people the privilege of repenting, or of giving birth, or of material prosperity? it is because He is good and loving that He even has time to think of us, or send someone to us to atone for our sins. He provided His promise of a solution even before He punished Adam and Eve. That's love.
God so loved us that He gave us His Son Jesus. God so loved us that He created us in His image. As others have said, most of the problem in the world is man-made. God has given us everything we need free. We are the ones hoarding things. He gave us the planet earth, He gave us water, sunlight, rain, soil, intellect etc. How many people make good use of these things? how many people exploit others of these things? Sure, the earth is currently 'imbalanced' and filled with suffering, but God has put in every man all that we need to do well on earth. Many people choose to continue living in despair and pitifulness. Sickness and deformity is not good, but i've seen people who made a good life despite their 'challenges'. god put that in all of us. We are all capable, we all have something in us that can see us through as it were. I've seen a blind man and woman, a human without arms and legs, a person with one hand, a person who did not go to school, a person who lost all of his family, mention almost any calamity/tragedy. There are folks who have shone above their tragedy. While the majority are content to sit in darkness. Do we blame God for this? Why is it a able bodied woman is begging on the streets, a man with one eye, etc they are begging on the street. Is there really nothing they can do? Has there never been someone in a worse scenerio who conquered? i believe God has given us what we need to survive. We all have 24hours, some are making giant strides in technology with it, others are bombing others with it. Many things are actually our faults or solvable by us and those around us. God gave us brains. What are we doing with it? They say africa is blessed with good land and all, but the plants and animals in europe and america are healthier and bigger. Is that God's fault? God has so kindly given us our manual for living(the Bible), but many have disused it,abused it and misused it. Yet in it lies abundant life and eternal life, and no man can find true fulfillment outside of God. There is nothing at the top that we are all hoping to get to. Fulfillment is in God.
Re: A Message For All Atheists In The House by ooman(m): 6:27am On Mar 15, 2013
The delusions of xtians never stop amazing me.
when ever I have a freetime and want to read about some fictional characters, the xtians thread on nairaland is one way to go. Their fantasies is just thrilling.

Uyi, the questions you raised on evolution have absolute answer except the origin of life. However, experiment of shown that precursor molecules to DNA can spontaneously evolve, giving us a strong trail to trace chemical evolution.

Modern evolution is just some 170 years old so cut us some slack. By the time it will be 500-1000 years old, all answers would have been found.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Authenticate God? / Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study / How Muhammad Ali Was Deceived By Islam & Why Cassius Clay Was His Greatest Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.