Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,283 members, 7,957,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study (4004 Views)

Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm / COZA Pastor's Rape Accusation: Before You Join The Band Wagon, Neymar Case Study / "Dead Pastor, Anderson Chinenye, Back To Life At The Mortuary" - Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
United Regions of Nigeria

Diversification should be a blessing, but I am still trying to understand why it's a curse for Nigeria. Lord Luggard should have called us United Regions of Nigeria, just like the United States of America. But why is America prospering despite her multi religions, cultures, backgrounds, etc while Nigeria is extremely hot with violence? E-War on Nairaland is not left out. I don't understand why Nigerians always identify first with their religions or tribes, before saying they are Nigerians? On the contrary, have you ever heard native Alaskans say they are Russians first before Americans?

To make the matter worse, why do we put religion on our head, and we are ready to destroy anyone who has a contrary opinion to our faith or fate? I don't understand how a Moslim or a Christian preaching the word of God comes out saying "You son of destruction, you are heading to hell fire if you do not believe in my bla bla bla and accept the ya ya ya ya"? Are you insa.ne? You are debating, and you are telling your listeners that a place imaginary to many of them, where there is serious torture is where they are ending their journey? Why? Just because they do not accept your view? Are you ok? Assuming it is true (not saying that I am supporting the reality of hell fire or not), where is the wisdom in conveying the message in a civilized manner?

On the other hand, it beats my imagination how the guy or lady who believes so much in proving everything beyond reasonable doubt neglects intuition. Must everything be proved that you must be convinced beyond reasonable doubt before you accept that we are different in the ways we process information. And you call yourself a scientist or science based philosopher. lol. You will soon run m.ad oooo. Yeah! I am not a saint. The truth is that most of us (if not all) are guilty, but we must learn to tolerate one another.

This kind of clash did not start now. It started with the pursue of knowledge. The first set of philosophers who tried to push out their ideas adopted Metaphysics, while another group came up later and adopted Empiricism. These two fractions gave birth to this unending debate on the better proposition to use between priori and posteriori. I believe this is still the big challenge that is inflicting our world with ha.tred and confusion.

If not for the ability to reason well (I believe it is a gift. I am grateful to the Giver, and I am humble to say "Thank you"... ), I would be an extremist.

I think the man wearing a white collar on his neck with his Range Rover parked outside and his private jet parked somewhere would turn everyone to his "ATM machine" for his luxurious lifestyle maintenance, while we would ignore the poor, tall, bent, old man who is volunteering as an usher and servicing everyone in the fold. Some claim that the instruction is: pay tithe so that there will be food for the Levites (now translated to men on pulpits) to eat. And others ask when does maintaining a private jet become food for the "touch not my annointed" group? Personally, I do not understand it too. However, looking at the opposite, you start criticising every collar man to the extent of insulting them all just because you feel they must prove beyond reasonable doubt why the collar men, or men on pulpits should ride expensive cars as it it not Christ-like. And then, you are sla.pped with "Jesus rode donkey" in his days and people laid their garments on the floor shouting Hossana! Hossana!! Hossana!!! Hehehehe.

Society almost injured my thinking pattern, and I had to say "enough is enough." I took my destiny into my hands by opening myself to all stakeholders in this issue before I started making better decisions. Right now, you cannot do "Abrakatabra" (voodoo) from the Bible, Koran, or any religious book to do me "wayo" (to brainwash me). Likewise, I will not allow you make my heart stony by demanding proves and scientific explanations to everything. The two extremists are confusions to our world. Pardon me if you fall into either of these two groups. I need you just to look at my story and make comments with love. Let us try practising tolerance by not bullying anyone we do not agree with. Look at me as the man hungry for knowledge who is ready to put himself in your position. We all have our stories, tell yours too, and let us understand the reason you choose to hold on your position instead of unleashing fake prophetic curses words that do not exist.

Join me as I narrate my way to discovering truths about questions our world has turned to nuclear argumentative weapons. Three of the questions are:
1. Who am I?
2. Does God Exist?
3. Is there Life After Death?

Perhaps more questions can be added. And I am not claiming to know everything, or I have got to the point I am no longer teachable.

I am taking the narrative route, but you are free to express yourself using any approach as long as it's not authoritative and forceful. I am very receptive to both scientific and experience (revelation, intuition, fore-knowledge, etc) approaches.

My goal at the end of the discussion is that we all can re-evaluate ourselves so we can start unraveling mysteries by considering all views instead of unleashing venom at others who do not accept our views.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2019
My Turning Point

I studied in a Jewish College with American culture in an European setting. I lived in a city where foreigners are too many from everywhere in the world for a decade. And I had a nice job which allowed me meet good people. Forget it, Arabs are wonderful people to associate with. You will enjoy yourself if you are invited to an Arabian dinner. This I know because I have interacted with them. So, I know about Jews very well. And I understand the issues in the Middle East. I can relate very well with how Hitler rattled the whole world, and I have had one on one discussions with people who lived in the cities Hitler attacked. First Lesson: Nothing beats experience. However, science is a gift I reckon with any day anytime. Without science, this world is dead in my own opinion. To me, we are gods because of science. And I have realised that Science + Experience = A force to reckon with.

Before leaving Nigeria, I used to be very close to my grand mother. Infact, she preferred that I followed her among her grandchildren to see her doctor every fortnight.

When she was exactly 80 years old, she went to the clinic she had used for over 20 years for medical check up. I guessed grandma had stressed herself and her BP was high. Unfortunately, her doctor was outside Nigeria, and she met a younger doctor who prescribed a too powerful medication to bring down the BP. And that was how she did not wake up the following morning because her BP was dropped too suddenly and too low. Fortunately one of my siblings who is a good doctor went to visit her, and he was the one who detected she was in coma when at 11am she was still sleeping. She was rushed to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) immediately.

She was stabilized after some days, and the doctors advised she stayed one more week before discharging her. I rushed down to Nigeria to visit her. A day in that week, I was at the hospital with some family members (this was in LUTH, Idiaraba, Lagos), and she was sleeping. The nurses told us that we should continue thanking God for mama. And like 1.5hrs after I got there, she woke up, and the first statement she made was "Ha! Music has stopped". Then, one of the family members asked "Mama, no one is playing music, or should we ask the nurses if music is permitted here?". Mama just smiled, and was silent. But I kept these words inside me. When I was about leaving, I went closer to her, and asked her which kind of music, and then, she described what I cannot say here. I was shocked. And then, she summoned courage to talk to her last born girl: Mama asked, "Why are you holding me back? Haven't I paid my dues?". Everyone was shocked. But we just all laughed over it.

Not until during the wake-keep of mama, and I started hearing people talk about her life that many things came to light. Apparently, the music she said was played was not from this world according to someone who explained more (I thought only in logic at that time, mind you). Again, she meant that her daughter was using her prayer to hold her back from moving ahead (Though, she was prayerful, but I saw nothing special. Neither did I take her serious, nor saw her as a strange person). And I was flabbergasted when a nurse stepped forward and described the exact moment she passed to glory which was around 3.45am in the morning. She said all of a sudden, mama woke up and started saying: "Halleluyah, the gates of the white throne is opened, bla bla bla....". Then, she started mentioning people. I was like are you kidding me?

If I was not there, I would say that all was planned. But that nurse mentioned two names that I didn't know, but was later revealed that were her friends. The nurse did not even now these people she said she saw that morning. I was rattled. What was the meaning of that? Could there be life after death?

I returned to my base with these things inside me. Funny, it's was a time I was writing a paper on sexual orientation. Lol. That was an experience which I cannot explain to anyone who demands for scientific proof. How do I explain? Of course the conclusion is that I was delusional or I fabricated the story. This made me to take finding meaning to Life through experience serious, and not only using science. My quest for knowledge was doubled as I decided to look at views from both science and experience very well.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
He saw me 3rd Generation above

I saw a fertile farmland I was interested in buying, so I inquired about it. I approached the head of the family with a bottle of "you know", and I had a good talk with the man, but he was not the only person I met there as another old man who should be his friend was there too. Since I had only one bottle, I decided to show gesture to his friend by handing him a token from my wallet. And I bade them farewell, but his friend called me back.

Baba started, "My son, please pardon me for delaying you longer than expected, and hope you do not mind". I replied "no, baba". That was how he started a long story. To cut the story short, he told me the exact lifestyle of three generations ahead of me, and told me the real "god" worshipped at the time. I was shocked and dazzled. Then, he went inside, and brought out a book which contained the literary genre of the god. I looked at him, but I did not believe him. He started singing from the book, and was calling some strange names which I didn't understand. So, I asked if I could make a copy of the book, and he said ok. I went out, made a copy, got another bottle, handed them over, and went out my way. He told me deeper truth which is not relevant to this thread.

Who do I tell these things since I never for once heard about these strange things from my folks. I wanted to put a call to one of my brothers, but decided not to. Twenty four months passed, and I went to say hello to my father who had visitors when I arrived, so I went inside one of the rooms but could hear their conversation. That was how my father started telling his visitors that his father converted from serving that particular god the baba told me to a minister (christianity). I was like....what? And this man never for a day shared this information with us all. From there, I decided to dig deeper.

Again I was so terribly shocked when that my brother who I wanted to call put a call across to me. Mind you, he was not in Nigeria at this time. But he said he got a big job offer, and when he was celebrating with his friends one of them phoned his Baba (apparently one of those spiritual men called herbalists) to pray for him. And the baba started by saying there is an abandoned god who he needed to return to if he wanted more and more blessings. And the same god was named. When I narrated my experience to him, he was shocked too. My question is that if truly these things are not connected to us, or if they are to be ignored, how come people who do not know us could see these things? How come someone seeing me for the first time can tell me about myself. There is more to life. There are gods, but how do I prove it? I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Don't look back! Don't look back!! Don't look back!!! Turn Right.

It was a sunny afternoon, and I was hurriedly walking out of the village I had a farm some years back when I heard a tiny voice from inside one of the mud huts there "whispering loudly" Don't look back ×3, turn right. I stood still. What could be going wrong? Then, I reasoned within myself immediately why I was the only one on the road. I turned right, and hurriedly walked to the nearest open street. As soon as I came out, I saw two of my workers looking amazingly surprised. "Oga! Oga!! Oga!!! Where you pass?" Apparently, the 3 boys I left on farm forgot to tell me what was happening and by the time they realised I had gone, they phoned these ones I met to see if they could still do something. That was when I decided to take it slowly, and I forgot about what was pushing me to get out of the vicinity hurriedly.

I still could not understand what they were trying to explain. So, one of them said I should just wait that I will soon understand. About 45 minutes after, I just heard a loud noise of celebration. I was seriously confused because of the sudden joyful expression from the always frowning villagers' faces. Why? "The trap has caught an accepted meat" What kind of trap? What kind of animal? Then I heard, "we can now bury our king". They kill innocent people and bury along with their dead Kings - that's their culture. Why was I saved from that untimely death? Was it by chance or luck? Was it my destiny or fate not to die like that? How can I relate science with luck, chance, destiny, or fate? Or are these just coincidences?

Then, I flashed back to a week when I was on the phone with my mother, and she started praying for travelling mercy throughout the month. I looked up in the sky and said to myself: "Are you truly there?"

Really, my mother in my heart was my savior, but that was not the first time I was saved from untimely death. My dear, if you are in any developed world and you believe these superstitions don't exist, hmmmm! It was my first night after many years away from home, and I decided to stay with my parents the first week just to appreciate them. Perhaps, that was a big mistake. Really, I cannot say. But that night, I felt another me getting out of me on the bed. This is no joke. I struggled, struggled, and struggled till my strength started fading away. Suddenly, I started hearing a strange language which I did not understand. Oh! I am back to the room I slept last night. Then, I saw my mother still praying in the spirit beside me. She stopped when she noticed I sat up in the bed, and apologized for waking me up. And I signaled to her that I needed a glass of water. After narrating my experience, she said she did not even know why she came to my room. I asked myself if that was supposed to be my last night on earth. But only I passed through those two experiences. I don't know how to convince anyone if they are true or not. In science, they are meaningless. Was it intuition in action? But one issue is sure: these are two over-ruled death moments which define who I am today.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by CaveAdullam: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Captivating and interesting.

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2019
Two Nuclear Toxins

I am not saying you should agree with me, but you definitely will not disagree 100% with the truth in my experiences. So, I encourage you to find a path to discover yourself. I cared less about religion and focused on discovery Knowledge.

During my early days of searching for Knowledge, I discovered a simple truth: There is a god that has been ruling man for ages, and it resides in the heart of anyone who is not careful. To shock you, the hardest athiest might have this god in his heart unknowingly.

This god manifests mainly in two dimensions which are:
1. The love of money, and
2. The love of power

Politics is Power, and [b]Politics is Money [b]Have you ever clashed with anyone on nairaland? You just discover that you can make fo.ol of yourself if you tackle aggressive users because most are not matured. As a principle, I don't reply anyone, or argue with anyone on political issues. Why should I do that? Jagaban is in his Bourdillon home enjoying his money, while I am fighting e-war on his behalf. After that what next? Any reward for winning the w.ar? Does he even care about me? President Buhari will do what is in his mind at his own time. And you are on social media yelling and abusing one another. Has your yelling increased his drive to name his cabinet this time? Is it not already 2.5 months in office this second term without naming his ministers? But when the right time comes for you to do the right thing, you chicken out. When the time comes for you to use your vote to rubbish these politicians, the god of the love of money takes over. Let me tell you who I attack mercilessly on social media? Anyone who tries to injure my business or my reputation. Don't make me look bad because of your selfish interest. Simple as ABC. I do not show mercy in such situation.

Religion travels at the speed of Light
Religion in itself is not bad, but it is the vehicle this god is using to recruit millions of his soldiers. And so, politicians launch their propaganda through religion. There is no need to start giving out examples, we know it is true, but the god of money in the heart of many renders them useless and powerless. So, the next agenda is to look for power. Where is power?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
Powerful People seek Knowledge
I will discuss 5 people among the ones I researched very well. Knowledge is Power .

I simply asked questions about these people. One common trait among them all is they were desperately hungry for knowledge. There is something about knowledge that is unique.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Epicuris

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Think about the paragraph in italics above. Just meditate on it very well. I believe your thoughts will show you multiple paths to follow after deep meditation, but which is the right one?

One vital information about Epicuris is his teaching of living life without pain and partying. To him, the ultimate good was to avoid pain and seek pleasure. In contrast, he died of pain from a kidney problem. However, his fearless approach to facing death seems to me what most religious people preach.

Really, he did not deny the existence of the Roman gods, but ignored them that they cannot interfere with human affair. So, he suggested that science should be our business on earth.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Ayodehji202: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
have been following your posts lately all I can say is that you are truly a brilliant man
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 20, 2019
Fenandez

It amazed me how a Nigerian teenage boy got through with a solid mineral international business deal in the United States to make his first million dollars. And this boy was not even born in the US. He migrated to the US in his second year of his high school. I studied the life of this great man, and it really shaped my thought.

Late Chief Antonio Oladeinde Fenandez, an extra - ordinary ambassador was so powerful and rich that kings, queens, princes, and princesses flocked round him. He had many deals with George Bush Sr. and they were a bit close. Fenandez children called the great Mandela, "Uncle Nelson" or "Uncle Mandela". That's to show how close Mandela was to his family.

Fenandez, a man after knowledge
His zeal for knowledge prompted me to look deeply in his lifestyle. He searched knowledge via Ogboni Fraternity, and was one of the highest ranking officer during his time. The fraternity is of Yoruba race, and can be said to be in the same category with Freemason. Igbo's Nze Na Ozo, and South South's Ekpe are in the same category too. These are gatherings and societies of honorary men in the society according to human standard.

Are you saying you know more than these men? Are you more knowledgeable than Chief Dehinde Fenandez? Do you think he did not think about science too? Perhaps religion and zeal to seek knowledge is fo.olishness. If it is foolish, why would a powerful man like Chief Fenandez walk along such path?

This was a man who never for a day dreamt of involving himself in the Nigerian politics, but dined with them. They all begged him for favor including Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. And no wonder Asiwaju made his daughter so powerful in Lagos when he was the governor of Lagos State. A man who married 5 wives, and two were from Nigerian powerful royal homes. His wife Chief Erelu Dosumu-Fenandez of the Lagos Royal home was so popular in those days that King Sunny Ade praised her in one his albums. So, are you telling me that you know more than Chief Fenandez? Yet, you are here on nairaland screaming like con.fused goats debating nonse.nse.

Was there a turn around at the end of his life
It is still a mystery to me how Pastor Tunde Bakare was with his last wife in front seat during his funeral service in church, and at the cemetery in Brussels where he was buried. The Ogboni Fraternity was one of the reasons I really studied this man. I mean, why would Pastor Tunde Bakare attend the funeral of an Ogboni man far away in Belgium? He left his church in Ogba, Lagos, and travelled all the way to Brussels to attend a high ranking fraternity member's funeral. Or is Pastor Bakare himself a member?

When I was a kid, I attended an elementary school very close to the home of the great entertainer, theatre pro, actor, narrator, and musician Hubert Ogunde. I know so much about him because he was a champ in the area. Who didn't know who he was? People dreaded him. He would plait his hair (All back style), wore white robe, and gallantly moved around in those days. That was a powerful Ogboni member in his days. So, when I heard Chief Fenandez was a powerful ranking officer, I knew immediately the kind of charisma deposited in him too. So, the question I am still asking is: Did he abandon the fraternity? Tunde Bakare's presence kinda confused me, even till date.

Why should you try to listen to the intuitive fraction if you are a logical oriented person? Think about this question very well. What I discovered is that more powerful, knowledgeable, wealthy people follow the intuitive path more than the experimental.

I was not surprised when Chief Olu Falae was cautioned by Professor Wole Soyinka to remove one of the reasons he was challenging Chief Obasanjo's 1999 presidential election victory. Chief Falae accused Chief Obasanjo of being a member of a fraternity (probably Ogboni, but I am not sure), and that he was not qualified to contest the election. Lol. The same chief Obasanjo who was a general in the military, later returned to school to earn a phd in theology. A man whose letters shake presidents. His letter was one of the tools that unseated president Goodluck Jonathan. So, presidents, ambassadors, wealthy men etc are members of this Ogboni Fraternity. And what are they looking for? Knowledge.

Is there sense in your involvement in religious e-war on nairaland? If you have to debate, do it in peace, and stop releasing venom. Knowledge is power. Knowledge is wealth. And Knowledge is almost everything on earth. If you do not seek knowledge, you are inferior. If you do not have real hunger and thirst for it, you are a failure. And to me, it seems the application of knowledge is intuition.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ayodehji202:
have been following your posts lately all I can say is that you are truly a brilliant man

Thanks for your kind words. Anyone who seeks knowledge with all his heart is always brilliant. Everyone can be, it depends on what we feed on.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by CaveAdullam: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ride on pistotita I'm right behind you. The information here carries much accuracy.

Thanks.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
General Washington

George Washington was a very lucky man in my own opinion. However, his pursuit for acquiring knowledge pushed him above many intelligent people in his generation. I believe the writer of Declaration of Independence was more outstanding, but he became the American president ahead of this rival.

Washington, a man who lost initial battles, but won many wars later in his career. A wise estates investor (he acquired many areas of land, he was a surveyor), and also owned slaves, but freed all of them later.

George Washington joined Freemason because he was desperate to know more than anyone in his generation. He grew big in the fraternity to the extent he was asked to be the Grand master of the newly established Grand Lodge of Virginia at the time, but he declined. I wrote earlier that the Freemason is like the Ogboni Fraternity Chief Fenandez belonged to. These societies actually came out of Christianity in those days. But funny, middle east nationalities are in Freemason too. I believe Sadam Hussein, the once most powerful man in Iraq was a strong member.

Readers of Washington's books and articles noticed he never for once mentioned the name "Jesus" in his works. Hmmmm! Even Fenandez never for once mentioned "Jesus" publicly too, yet the origin of their fraternities is christianity.

There is a God according to non experimental Knowledge seekers
I searched deeply and I realised that almost all the people who took the intuitive direction accepted the fact that a supreme being is in existence. You cannot follow this path and not have self conviction that it is true. What could make Washington, Jefferson, Fernandez, Ogunde, Awolowo, Hussein, etc to follow this path? Are you more knowledgeable than these people? They owned the world. Listen! They owned even experimental thinkers. They were powerful. I am not against the experimental thinkers because they have valid points too. But my position is that there should be a balanced research of both intuitive and experimental paths before taking the stand on the path to take. It's just being logical. You can't criticize what you really do not know. Yet, this is what happens in most cases, religious people support intuition because they were born in it. And experimental people opposed it just because they rebel against intuition. It is why you must take Wole Soyinka serious, but be extra careful because his lifestyle is tricky. I am convinced that Professor Soyinka is not opened about his true faith. His words and actions do not match up to me. I think Prof Soyinka only said he is athiest because he wanted acceptance from a group of people. If you research him well, he is more into a secret god - like stuff. He understands fraternities very well. He said it himself, and it was the reason he founded the Pyrate Fraternity in Premier College. Really, I will not be surprised if he is a member of an advance one. I know he relates with Ogun, the god of iron. I just believe he handled that part of his life with wisdom. Even President Obasanjo mentioned something similar about him that he is a smart man. It will be disrespectful to say he is a chameleon, but I will say he is a private individual. I am not his fan because he has refused to accept the fact that his Pyrate Fraternity gave birth to cultism in Nigerian institutions, and I feel the right thing for him to do is to denounce it, and do more by making sure the fraternity is totally eradicated. I am not suggesting he should not belong to another fraternity if he chooses, but he should do his best to eradicate Pyrate before he dies so that war against cultism in Nigerian institutions can be more effective.

Oppositions
Christianity which is the reliogion these fraternities came out of moved against them. Christian and Islamic scholars turned against them. Who else? Politicians moved against them too. But in the real sense, I realised that these fraternities are more of political groups than religious. Remember that Politics is power. So, my opinion is that those who do not benefit from them economically and politically were the ones against them. Simple as ABC. But does it mean these fraternities are just and upright the way they claim? Or are they unjust like how opposition claim? That is the knowledge you (my readers) need to search deeply so you don't fall into a trap you cannot get out from easily, or so you can enter a path to fulfill a well lived life at the end of your days on earth.

Nacists and Socialists are front line oppositions
Now think about this: Hitler, a strong nacist opposed them. Hmmmm! Lenin, Stalin, and Trostky the founders of socialism in the Soviet Union denounced and banned all fraternities. The strongest man of Cuba too did not support them. What are we saying? Knowledge is a big threat. Knowledge is captivating. Knowledge enslaves foolis.hness. It takes a strategic knowledgeable individual or society to oppose another.

If truly a God exists, are there multiple ways to reach Him, or just only a single way?
If you decide to research the intuition path, you need to visit your root if you are an African descendant. This is the easiest way in my opinion. Leave out the two most popular religion which are Christianity and Islam, and try to understand the main religion of your ancestor. Who is the God/god of the family you came out from? Not saying you should accept Him/him/it, but try to understand why these so called "illiterates" follow such path. Perhaps you are the stup.id one by not researching it. At least, those people are illiterate, yeah....I agree. But they don't have access to scientific materials like you do. You do not only have access to scientific materials, you also can easily search out and digest materials about them; however, you blindly turn your eyes from researching it because science has made you a logic thinker. Lol. Who is more fo.olish?

You are te.rrible and really funny at the same time if you keep demanding that an intuitive man prove to you beyond reasonable doubt that his god/God exists. Come on! You want a man trained to use his intuition to start proving beyond reasonable doubt with evidences? Are you in sa.ne? Sit down, and think well.

Intuition is as real as Science
They are able to use intuition even till date to penetrate into christianity and Islam, and even bridged with many traditional religions, politics, and economics. Hmmmm! They are able to control the political and economical affairs of many nations with it. Science and vocal Athiest feel that Religion is a tool used to control masses, but is Religion really the tool? . These people refused to acknowledge the main personality - "Jesus", who is the logo of the real path they came out from. So, what makes you think they are religious people? No, they aren't religious people. They are men of knowledge. In a way, athiests are right that religion is a means to "zombify" common people. Yeah! That's true, but are scientists not also trying to do the same? They have "zombified" you if you recklessly attack the so called religious people mannerlessly. You are also a reversed tool unknowingly. What an irony?

At this point, you need to ask yourself: "What is my conviction?" It pains me when you actually become a tool in the hands of the gods of this world. Who are the gods? They are knowledgeable guys. They can use anything to control you. They make and unmake. They cover and uncover. Do you know the number of crimes these people have covered up? And do you know the good work of these men? Oh! And you are here on nairaland defending what you do not understand. Are you not foo.lish?

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
Stephen Hawking
I was drawn to this man just for one reason: Hawking is a man who had deep conviction in his theories. He had a way of proving his case very well. Even paralysis couldn't stop him. That kind of a man, I want to know more about him more than about his works. For a man in his condition not to retire till he died at 76 years of age? But he was lucky to be where he was. I am sure his knowledge would had died with him before he turned 76, if he had lived in Africa. Lol. Would he even lived up to 76? Hehehe!

A brief history of time
Like I said I am not interested in dicussing scientific details, but if you can pick his book "A brief History of Time" which made him very popular, you will understand my points. He made so many logical statements that it's like someone is pulling veils from one's eyes.

What I can say is that he made me more conscious of time and astrology. And if you really care to know, intuitive people lay so much emphasis on these two factors too, but the problem or challenge is that they do not try to explain them. Too many secrets sorround intuition. No wonder most of these fraternities were regarded as secret societies in those days, before the members redefined them.

Science is plain, but hard
How do you just follow some long equations, and take scientists for their words? It's funny to me too. I agree that Intuition is tricky, but science is damn too hard to assimilate. Therefore, the two are confusions. lol. How many people who are athiests can work with equations people like Hawking worked with? It's the interpretation many people rely on. Relying on interpretations of scientists is as fo.olish as relying on intuitive prophesies without understanding.

Hawking is so straight forward
Let me summarize the concluding chapter of his book:
Humans are desperate to know everything about the universe and their stake in it, but were controlled initially with emotional beliefs. However, the study of astronomy has changed the game. With civilization and technology; laws, theorems, and equations have been developed to unravel mysteries. For example: Laplace in early 19th century was the one who first opened our eyes to using set of laws in regards to the structure of the universe and evolution, but the origin of such laws was left in the territory of God. lol. Then, in 20th century, Quantum Theory introduced the principle of uncertainty which limited predictive accuracy of future discovered laws. And then the Big Bang came, theory of relativity, bla bla bla and bla bla bla... He believed a law will emerge in which (because scientists are working seriously hard on the theorems instead of asking the usual philosophical questions) may shed light on the nature of God. And he is of the opinion that the God-factor will have no play or influence on this unified and self contained theory. But this guy was so plain he accepted the fact that these theories are presently beyond the understanding of normal humans. Even philosophers are not asking questions about these advance mathematical and technical theories. So, what is the fate of the common brain? Hawking would love to see a world where everyone discusses these theories so as to know the correct nature and origin of the universe.

Science is too contradictory just like intuition
Well, I wish the dreams of Hawking come to fulfillment too. Lol. But this science we are talking about is flawed too. Today, the earth is flat, tomorrow, it is round, next tomorrow, ha! It's not truly round but oblong and bla bla bla. Today antibiotics are the best, tomorrow, they are poisons, and bla bla bla. Yesterday, it was Laplace, it changed to Big Bang, and to Black Holes,....bla bla bla bla. It's just unending like intuition. Don't you think it's not the same rat race?

Everything is about having Power
Knowledge is "I want to know". It's just the same purpose. And it is power which is highly intoxicating. Tell me, if these scientists eventually overrule intuition, don't you think they will not also start manipulating and controlling the masses just like these ones are using religion at this moment? It reminds me of what someone said about Adams Oshiomole. The man fought like a ma.d man defending the masses as the head of labour union during Ibrahim Babangida's era. He fought gallantly till Supreme court made him the governor of Edo. He then fought god-fatherism in Edo by reducing the influence of the Igbinedions and other powerful men of the state. Today, after leaving the office and now the chairman of the ruling political party in Nigeria, what is he doing to Obaseki the present governor of the same Edo State? Who actually installed Obaseki the new governor in that seat? Is it not the same Adams Oshiomohole? Dear readers, humans will always be humans. It remind of Animal Farm by George Orwell.

I really don't mind studying both science and intuition, and as a matter of fact, it is my approach. They are both knowledge. However, many picked a path fo.olishly and unknowingly that they were manipulated into it. Yet, they come out gallantly releasing ve.nom here and there. Hear them: Nigeria will bu.rn, Nigeria will dry up, Blo.od will flow....bla bla bla bla. Ma.dness! Ma.dness!! Ma.dness!!! They are ridi.culously many on nairaland too. But do they really understand the process? Or are they robotic followers of either of these two paths? There are three things: Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.

I am just getting started.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by FMCASH(m): 1:28am On Jul 23, 2019
Ride on sir

We're all demigod
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
Joseph Ayo-Babalola
I deliberately studied this man's life because of what were deposited in him. Why did I choose this man?

There is no one as great as Joseph Ayo Babalola in regards to evangelism in the Christian world in South West of Nigeria. This is a fact that anyone who is into the Christian ministry in SW of Nigeria will tell you. A man who understood the region his purpose in life is, and did not cross it. He did all his works in the South-western part of Nigeria. And his influence is still as bright as the sun in this region even after his death in 1959.

I have discussed how fraternities entered churches, mosques, and even shrines; therefore, I decided to choose a radical neutral person. This was the reason when I wanted to choose a symbol of Christianity, I neglected Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, and orthodox denominations. I deliberately picked the era of Apostolic in Nigeria. So, I am discussing 1920s to early 90s. This was the era of people who genuinely (from observation) went into the Christian ministry wholeheartedly without the notion of making millions of dollars. This was the era no one wanted to be a pastor. Pastor what? They were not rich. They had convincing purpose for what they believed in, and everyone saw it. This was the era that launched out pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Dr. D.K. Olukoya, Bishop Benson Idahosa, etc. The issue is that these set of people I mentioned here added prosperity to christianity, pioneered by Benson Idahosa. I am not criticizing Idahosa, infact, it took me serious and close studies on Idahosa before I understood him. Idahosa fought gallantly principalities and powers in the Benin Kingdom. Oh! You think it is a joke when nairalanders jokingly write that Benin village people are after someone? Lol. I am kidding too here. But guess what, truths are revealed with jokes. lol. That man Idahosa was to Benin and South South region, what Babalola was to south west. The only difference was Idahosa added prosperity to his teachings. But really, the funny issue was after he died many were disappointed to know he had almost nothing in his bank accounts. That caught me on aware too. What? Idahosa had most of the properties not in his name, but for the cause he believed in. That flashy bishop who used to wear beautiful robes, gold rings in his fingers and necklaces around his neck? Can we say that of these days young pastors? It was the reason that I said most of these young pastors are not matured when Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA's rape allegations started resurfacing again this year. They are all not disciplined. I am not saying they are fake or not, but their actions portray them like they are all too money conscious. Even including the ones that started genuinely in the 80s. Malachi is their favorite book in the Bible. Lol. They can even ask you to tithe your reproductive organ. Hehehe! Almost all of them are now business men. It is why scientists are fighting them seriously. They ride big cars, while their congregation are suffering. Only the close ones to them enjoy from their massive loots. They are looting like politicians too. And you the ordinary men follow them fo.olisly. Before we say anything...they reply "Touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm". I pray Fatoyinbo serves well in Kirikiri (prison) if he is guilty, or his accuser spends time there if she is a false accuser.

I studied Babalola because this was a "nobody" who rose to fame that his mentor became his colleague, and his fame surpassed his mentor. It got to the stage that his mentor started calling him "father". What? I will explain more.

The Faith Tabernacle Era
There were these young radical men and women who came out of methodist, catholic, and Anglican to worship together in the 1920s. They needed a name for their denomination, so they commissioned one of the leaders who was a clerk to start the search for affiliations with any foreign denomination that was in line with their faith. David O. Odubanjo was the young clerk who was the secretary of this movement and ended up affiliating with The Faith Tabernacle in the United States. This was the start. The likes of D.O Odubanjo, Oba Akinyele (a respected king who was preached to later and converted to Christianity), Samuel Adegboyega, etc. were the men of faith in those days. Then, there was a lady called Sophia (I hope I get the name right) among them too. These men/women were radical in their faith and one issue about them was they took healing without medicine so serious.

The Apostolic Church Era
After some years the Faith Tabernacle felt the leaders in the US should get closer to them. And communication in those days were mainly via letter postage which took over 2 months to get delivered. So, they commissioned D.O. Odubanjo again to come up with another affiliation, and he got The Apostolic Church in the United Kingdom. The caucasian pastors came to Nigeria and got close to the Nigerian church. So, they changed name to The Apostolic Church.

It was during this time Joseph Ayo Babalola received his calling at Arakeji when he was driving a tractor on that same site Joseph Ayo Babalola University is. He reported to the head quarters of the Apostolic Church, and that was how he started his journey under Pastor D.O. Odubanjo. He used to carry D.O. Odubanjo's briefcase around in those days.

1930s Revivals
However, in the 1930s there was a great revival according to what was written about the church whereby God used Joseph Ayo Babalola mightily. I am not asking you to believe the "bull c.rap" if it is to you. But just follow my sweet story. lol. He was raised up that he would go into bushes and forests to pray before coming out to preach in large arenas with huge crowd. He claimed many mountains in the jungles. And he continued till he died. This was the peak of the church. As Joseph Ayo Babalola was to D.O. Odubanjo, so also another young man called Isaiah Ghele Sakpo was to Samuel Adegboyega.

The birth of Christ Apostolic Church
The church was progressing, but there was a slight challenge. Remember, they were deep in healing without medicine. They believed so much in prayer on oil and water for healing that till date a part of this movement continues this believe of prayer on water for healing. Even you attend that denomination today, you hear them sing "This is Babalola, the one who brought the water of life".

I personally went to some villages to asked the authenticity of the stories I read (remember that I am a farmer). An old man narrated how the church in his area was built. He said that the bush was thick and people used to die mysteriously there. And this young man came with his team and started battling with prayer. They were all laughing at him because catholics and some other people had tried it, but failed. Suddenly, they started hearing rumbling in the bush, the wind was so strong that all the villagers were alarmed. People rushed out to see what was happening, but alas! there were movement in the bush, but no one could see what was hapening. Trees were bending, leaves were flying here and there, but no one saw anything except Babalola and his team praying at the entrance of the bush. And then, it stopped, and that was how the church was built in the place. I asked the old man the meaning and he said, Babalola chased out the god of that bush. I said ....."Oh oh oh" Really?

Back to my story, The Apostolic Church believed in healing without water, but those white men from the UK struggled with malaria at the time. So few leaders knew that they were using chloroquine. When Babalola and D.O. Odubanjo heard about the incident, they objected. And that brought a huge conflict in the church. So, a fraction stayed with Samuel Adegboyega as their leader supported by the likes of I.G Sakpo, E.E. Okon, C.A. Onabanjo, A. Adebayo, and so on. While the likes of Oba Akinyele, Babalola teamed up with D.O. Odubanjo, and pulled out. It was the same D.O. Odubanjo who was commissioned to get a new name for the group that pulled out, but this time not to look for another affiliate but to register with the Nigeria commission in charge of non governmental organisation and religious groups registration. They arrived at one name before eventually picking the name Christ Apostolic Church which according to them was giving through prophesy.

It is wrong as many believed that Joseph Ayo Babalola founded C.A.C, it was actually more of the effort of the trio: D.O. Odubanjo, Oba Akinyele, and Babalola. And Babalola was the least in rank among them. Remember that he was once the bag carrier of D.O. Odubanjo. But when another round of revival started under the name C.A.C., Babalola was raised far above everyone in the old The Apostolic Church, and in the new Christ Apostolic Church. Funny that Oba Akinyele was the first President of C.A.C till he died, D.O. Odubanjo was named the first General Superintendent, while Babalola was the first General Evangelist. These were great men who never got extremely rich deceiving people with religion.

Their counterpart in the Apostolic Church too made great exploits. The history and works of S. Adegboyega and his protégé I.G. Sakpo are still there. I remember vividly the huge crowd of young men and women wearing white all round along Oworonshoki express way in Lagos around Ojota and Ketu area following the casket of I.G. Sakpo in the 90s when he was laid to rest. And I was told that of S. Adegboyega too was huge. My point here is that these men proved their faith beyond reasonable doubt that you would be convinced that they had purpose. Just like how I showed how Hawking had purpose even to the extent paralysis could not stop him. But you are here shouting and taking sides without having deep understanding of these issues. You better find your way to your root and seek knowledge very well so you don't just be a tool in the hands of manipulators.

The end of the Apostolic Era
My personal opinion is that the real end came after the death of I.G. Sakpo of The Apostolic Church in early 90s, but that of Christ Apostolic Church was too early. These two Apostolic Churches in my opinion are just struggling just like the previous churches or denominations ahead of them. It was said that Babalola had a terrible wife to the extent of provoking him in many cases, but the story was that Babalola never for once fell into the trap. I know this part of the story very well because the person the elders appointed to cook for Babalola during the time his marriage was in serious crisis personally told me the side of the story before she died. That person was the first daughter of D.O. Odubanjo. And a special room in the home of D.O. Odubanjo was created for Babalola to sleep whenever he wanted, or when he was around, and not on trip. That woman took me inside the room which was said Babalola turned into a warfare arena. And the woman said that was the reason he used the room as her prayer room too. This was how I started researching Prayer.

It was said that D.O. Odubanjo got sick, and he was at home believing God for healing without medicine, but his first son came home from abroad, and saw him unconscious in his room one day, and quickly moved him to a nearby hospital where he was brought back to life. They said D.O. Odubanjo opened his eyes, and asked people around where he was, and he was told in a clinic. That was how they said he closed his eyes again, and he said the following on his sick bed: "God take away my life, I cannot deny you at the point of death. I that went against the white because of this divine healing now deny you at the point of death. Never. God! Take me away". And that was how he passed to glory. I heard this story from the first daughter of D.O. Odubanjo. She said when she heard her dad was moved to the hospital by her elder brother, she shouted...ha! Mistake! Error! And she told me that D.O. Odubanjo asked her why she allowed it. And she could not just talk in order not to put her brother in serious trouble because the man may pronounce curses. But she just started pleading that she was not there when the error was made, and they would move him back home. But the man refused to respond to any treatment afterward according to her.

It wa very unfortunate, or will I say that the real backbone of C.A.C. died in the late 50s at around 69/70 years . D.O. Odubanjo passed to glory. And just 6 months after, Joseph Ayo Babalola too passed to glory at the age of 55. That was the end of an era in C.A.C. It was said in the history that the death of these two men was the end of the great revival.

Of course, there was another man who opened a mountain in Ede also called "Baba Abiye". This was another man who was faithful to his purpose till his old age even in darkness. This man was blind. Or is it Evangelist Obadare (another blind man) who did not have modern materials and equipment to learn how to read and write, but could quote the Bible from the beginning to the end. He would correct his bible readers whenever they quoted any verse wrongly, and would use the exact words used in the translation. I mean, how did he do it? Or I should talk about that man called Pastor Robbin who retired from the ministry prematurely because of divine healing and refused to go for just cataract eye surgery which blinded his two eyes also? Ha! Some people are committed to their purpose. Not all these manipulators in our days. Pastor Robin lived in Alagomeji, Lagos where The Apostolic Church first had its maternity center for pregnant members of the church. He would pray night and day, would pray from the time every lady started the delivery process, and would not stop till the cry of the baby/babies is/are heard. It was recorded that no single still birth, or death of any lady was recorded as long as that man was there. And people with different complications would get transfer from big hospitals to the small hiding maternity center and bammmm! Easy delivery. I knew about him because I was born there, and because I saw it with my eyes while growing up too. I spent time with him cos he was close to my parents and grandmother. These experiences shaped me. These experiences made me who I am today. You can't scam with science and religion. No Way!

The modern Joseph Ayo Babalola is Dr. D.K. Olukoya. Though, I do not agree with him in every area of his teachings, but that is a man with purpose. A molecular genetic scientist with over 70 research publications, who had his PhD in the United Kingdom, and worked for many years in a research institute in Nigeria. So, you want to tell me such man does not know what he is doing? Yes, I don't agree with him in every area, but that is a man with purpose. A man whose intuitive skill is almost perfect (remember that he is a scientist), a man who understands mysteries, a man who talks about strange occurences. Take note of him, he repeats his stories exactly the way he said them the first time. I have tried to get him red handed with how he narrates similar stories, but this man repeats same stories accurately without adding or subtracting everytime. This tells me that there is a high chance he did not fabricate the stories. I heard he has started "healing water" in his ministry too. He openly declared that he is a protégé of Joseph Ayo Babalola and even wrote a book about him. Is he an ordinary man? You will be fo.olish to think he is, why don't you study him very well before you open your mouth to pull him down unjustly. Yes, you too may not agree with him in areas you are convinced in too, but you will surely detect that he is a man of purpose. Or is it Pastor Enoch Adeboye who was an applied mathematics lecturer who was about becoming a professor before he dropped his job to go into ministry when there was no money in it. Damn! He must be called a stu.pid man by his colleagues at work. Just imagine such sacrifice. Is it Bishop Oyedepo who released his only beetle car for the purpose he believed in when he was not rich? You do not understand the sacrifices of these men. Yet, you just opened your mouth to bash them like you are somebody. You are nobody, and you will die as nobody if you don't seek knowledge to understand your purpose in this life.

These are/were men who refuse(d) to backout of what they believe(d) in. What do you believe in? Can I see the evidence in your lifestyle? Or are you just a tool in the hands of manipulative scientists and religious men?

4 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by CaveAdullam: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2019
May the Lord God Almighty continue to bless you @pistotita. You are another rare gem in the making. Thanks for this eye opener. If there is any other way I can follow you outside this forum, please do let me know.

I love you man. Keep up with this good work.

Thanks.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by RealChris(m): 6:28am On Jul 24, 2019
Wow..! I have been reading all your posts and I'm always glued to them, from practical agriculture to investments on agriculture; sometimes I only come on nairaland to see if you've posted something new. You are an and a good intelligent writer and sometimes I asked myself "how did you start.?" I know you didn't start today. You posts got my brain "ticking" especially on farming and I just google some things for clarification. Who were you looking up to that made you this "sharp"?

Keep it up, especially on the agric part. I'm learning. Thanks and God Bless..!
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2019
RealChris:
Wow..! I have been reading all your posts and I'm always glued to them, from practical agriculture to investments on agriculture; sometimes I only come on nairaland to see if you've posted something new. You are an and a good intelligent writer and sometimes I asked myself "how did you start.?" I know you didn't start today. You posts got my brain "ticking" especially on farming and I just google some things for clarification. Who were you looking up to that made you this "sharp"?

Keep it up, especially on the agric part. I'm learning. Thanks and God Bless..!

We live in an accelerated world these days. "Sharp sharp money". Quick and summarized talks. Even social media has moulded youths to abandoning details. Abreviations in writing has taken over. Twitter is like how many words per post? lol. A detailed man is now a talkative. lol; however,knowledge hides inside details I know how to write to hit nairaland front page, but that's not my mission. I don't count myself good writer because I'm lazy with editing. Lol!

To answer your question, everything started with desperate hunger for knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
Bode Thomas

Driving along Western Avenue (facing Island) in Lagos, now named Funsho Williams Avenue (Funsho Williams was the only threat and rival of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu in 1999 and 2003 Lagos gubernatorial elections, the Jagaban of Kainji, who lives in Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos) who was strangulated till he passed to glory in his home on his bed some years back so he couldn't contest the 2003 election. Not saying Jagaban killed him, but that is the story. As soon as you pass the entrance to Cater Bridge in Alaka, Surulere, the first right turn you make is Bode Thomas Street. That's one of the most popular streets in Surulere. Jagaban and Fashola, the two ex governors of Lagos really did wondrous work in that street. Even Fashola's parents live close by. And that's his local constituency he always cast vote during elections. I am writing this so you know the honor and majesty of Bode Thomas. The same Bode Thomas street links with Adeniran Ogunsanya which is another powerful street in Surulere. These are strategic and historical locations in Lagos. These are business points in Lagos, and not far from the National and Teslim Balogun Stadia in Surulere.

Who was Bode Thomas?
A bright, educated, fore front politician and lawyer in the SW of Nigeria. He defended Ahmadu Bello in a financial mess court case and won, but blasted Bello (I felt he knew Bello was actually guilty) after the case to the extent Bello avoided him from that moment. Thomas was the reason Bello kept away from SW. lol. Thomas was very rude and too blunt according to the story. Who was Obafemi Awolowo where Thomas was in regards to law? Lol. Awo was his junior. He founded the chamber Thomas, Williams, and Kayode with those poweful late lawyers: Chief Frederick Rotimi Williams and Chief Remilekun Fani-Kayode (the father of Femi Fani Kayode who is the tor.mentor of President Buhari...hehehe). Just take a look again at the name of their chamber, why do you think Thomas came first - "Thomas, Williams, and Kayode? Thomas was more outstanding and was the best lawyer out of the trio. But could anyone mess with Williams and Kayode too? Lawyers who met them in court and shivered. Who trained the radical Lawyer late Gani Faweyinmi? Go and ask Ibrahim Babangida how Gani rattled him to the extent he said Gani was an upright man after he died. Gani was not Tai Solarin Babangida tricked into accepting that useless position which was used to silence him. You better go back to your root and learn. There is power in Knowledge. You are in America, London, Brussel, Ontario, Kiev, Osawa, Istanbul, etc shouting like fo.ols and rubbishing your culture which you know absolutely nothing about. Even the history of your root, you don't know. Yet you are writing rubbish on nairaland just because you have the priviledge via technology. I pity you.

Thomas died mysteriously in his 30s
It was said that Thomas was the chairman of a council which Alaafin Aderemi II (the father of the present Alaafin of Oyo) was a member. On this fateful day at the start of one of their meetings, everyone stood up when Thomas came in, but the Alaafin sat down. And Thomas rubbished him that why was he on his seat while he came in. Lol. Thomas was in his 30s, while Alaafin was in his 60s. lol. And you know Nigeria is a nation of respect for elders. lol. Not to talk of rubbishing a first class Yoruba King. Who was suppose to stand up? In fact Thomas supposed to prostrate to greet the Alaafin according to their culture. Hehehe. But that act was deliberate because Thomas, Akintola, and Awolowo believed Alaafin Aderemi was working with Dr. Azikiwe who was the leader of one of the opposition parties. That was how Alaafin got ma.d with Thomas. "See this tiny rat talked to me because he is brilliant and smart". lol History quoted the exact words of the Alaafin:
"Se emi ni on gbo mo baun? Emi ni on gbo mo bi aja ba un? Ma gbo lo.
Translation: Is it me you are barking at like that? Is it me you are barking like a dog at? Keep barking.

Thomas returned to his home in Yaba and felt ill that night. He was rushed to Ijebu-Igbo the following day and he died. Let's apply little wisdom here:
1. The meeting took place in Oyo, a less developed area without advance health care services.
2. Thomas returned to his home in Yaba, Lagos which was close to advance health care services.
3. But Thomas was rushed down to Ijebu-Igbo, another local area without good health services.
Hehhehehhe! Ha! You better return to your root and know where you came out from before you drop dead like Thomas because of your reckless usage of words.

It was said that Thomas returned home and started barking like a dog till he died. Which modern health care can take care of such illness if not to quickly seek native alternative which medical doctors don't understand till date. Many people refuted the story, but it was established that he died after he returned home the following day, and was rushed to a local area instead of an advance health care center.

Another interesting news was that the Alaafin was disposed and exiled in 1954, but Thomas died in 1953. What does that tell us? The Awolowos, the Iges, Akintolas etc of Action group (their political party) all ganged up against the Alaafin because they believed he killed Thomas their fearless, brave, gallant, young, industrious, maf.ia (who was feared more in the north, Ahmadu Bello the first prime Minister feared him so much) with supernatural power beyond the knowledge of science. I am not saying you should believe it, but there's something strange with his death. Once I doubted and rubbished the story, but knowledge shed light when I started seeking it. The reason they gave for sackimg the Alaafin was that he worked against them. But didn't they know about that initially? The king had been working against them, but they were all silent, and only Thomas was brave to confront him. But no matter how powerful a man is, one day his cup of sins might overflow. That in my opinion happened to the Alaafin and Thomas. They both reaped what they sowed. But that of Thomas was too unfortunate. Perhaps, Thomas lived longer, Nigeria would not be like this. Perhaps, Awolowo would not have had such influence he had. Perhaps, Awolowo and Akintola would not engage in that serious conflict that destroyed their succefully unification that threatened the northern empire. Maybe! Who can can tell?

I plead with all Athiests who don't have padlock to guard their mouth to kindly confront the following people:
1. Ooni Of Ife
2. Alaafin of Oyo
3. Sultan of Sokoto
4. Emir of Kano
5. Oba of Benin
6. Obi of Onitsha
7. Awujale of Ijebu-Ode
8. Olu of Ibadan
9. Oba of Lagos
10. Ataoja of Osogbo

I challenge you
Just confront any of these 10 traditional rulers and tell them to their faces that their so called god or God or Allah is powerless and non existing. If you leave their places alive, I congratulate you. Just try it. You want a concrete proof. right? You will get it 6 feet below. Just try it. I will personally volunteer to take you there if you reside abroad. Don't worry, I volunteer to sponsor online campaign of the contest so we can popularize it that you are saying the gods/God of those kings mentioned above are meaningless. You want proof. Right? Don't worry. Let us do practical. But see, I will stay far off their palaces. I will simply point the way to you so you can confront them. And do not bother about your corpse. We will find a way to beg them so we can give you a befitting burial as the gallant athiest who confronted the Ooni of Ife or any other king. Lol. Don't worry. We will bury you with senators in any private cemetery of your choice. Are you ready?

Don't be fo.olish
You say religion is fo.olishness, hmmmm! You are wise in your own eyes. Right? You studied commentaries, read theories of some group of scientists, and you concluded that Intuition is meaningless, yet if I ask you to defend those equations and theories to back up your claims, you cannot. Why? Because you don't understand them yourself; nevertheless, fo.olishly you accepted the assumptions of men in laboratories. Who is more fo.olish? I am sorry for you. I am sure nairalanders reading my messages will start bashing athiests and demanding they prove beyond reasonable doubt the origin of their theories. Show me the mathematical and chemical details and let me see. Let me check. You are simply a foolish idi.otic wasted sperm that unfortunately collided with an egg in a di.sastorus womb. You are like those unf.ortunate, ma.d, terrible, manipulative religious men. It is a cycle which is endless and only you can deliver yourself by seeking knowledge. You were born in a religious home, instead of you to take that advantage to search it well after you realised scams are around it, but you feel you are smart. You are "dondo". You are "m.umu". You are an imbe.cile. Why? It is acceptable that one can be forced or tricked as an infant by ones parents or guardians, but you allowed yourself to be tricked again as a grown up adult after passing through education which suppose to liberate you. Ha! Your fo.olishness is raise to the power of infinity. You are dead while living. You are ma.d oooo. You are defending what you cannot even prove. See, I can sit down and use "completing the square" method to prove "quadratic formular". We used to call it "almighty formular" in those days in my high school. I guess boys and girls still till date. lol. But professor "God does not exist", show me here how you arrived at the formular of that quantum physics or whatever you are relying on. You are a fo.ol. You just read scientific summaries and you accepted them like a fo.ol. The same scientists who are manufacturing diseases in laboratories to inflict us just because they want to get rich by selling antidotes or cure. You dey m.ad. Walahi! Your ma.dness is even beyond curable at the moment you started demanding that an intuitive person prove beyond reasonable doubt that God exists. Can you proof that God does not exist too? I even read the thread of a lady demanding that the burden of proofing the existence of God lies on Theism advocators on this nairaland. Chai! See a "Dundee United" lady. Chai! Wasted investment to go abroad and study. She better returns to her root in Nigeria to get knowledge, to make comparison, to get the pros and cons of the two paths, then, she can reach a reasonable conclusion. Another lady in this nairaland community started bashing God because her parents and her families failed her. Today she is an athiest; tomorow, a prodigal daughter who returns to God; the next minute, she is a wild athiest again. Heehee. See confusion ooooo! She better returns to the drawing board to seek knowledge. No one goes through this process and continue attacking the side he/she decided to let go off. I know what Im saying. You will be forced to relax. You will definitely be sober that you just want to avoid such stupid debates. You will realise that the possibility of unraveling the mystery behind the existence of God through science in this our generation is too slim. So, why releasing ve.nom? Why? But I have a feeling that science will unravel it one day, but not in this our generation. I will explain more later.

They called themselves Jihad fighter, but arm the opposition and see if they will not run away. Oh! Read about the real Jihad fighters that faced death gallantly. Do you even know what d.eath is? You think it's sleep? You dey m.ad. Have you had near death experience? You dey m.ad ooo. I have seen and experienced near death experience so I know what I am writing about here. "Who you be"? You go just dey shout on nairaland like ma.d goats? You say you are fighting herdsmen, and you start releasing venom online that blood will flow. In fact, I pity that man who calls himself Femi Fani Kayode. That Man Is Knowledgeable, but playing politics. Why is he trying to bring war that he knows he will run away from when it starts. What's wrong with cautioning Government without releasing war-initiating statements? Someone should caution FFK. I pity his followers more. Femi will carry his bags and find his way to the UK when real war starts while his "m.umu" followers will die stupidly. Is he not a British citizen? Where is Nnamdi Kanu today? lol! Where did Ojukwu run to after he lost the civil war? If he was who he claimed to be, why did he flee? His followers perished stupidly. Yet, they still cant think that peaceful separation if truly separation is paramount is the best way out. "Blood will flow" is their motto....if you see blood, can you stay? You all better start seeking knowledge so you don't perish.

Here I rest my case with proving there are gods/God or not. If they don't exist, I cannot prove it, and likewise I cannot prove otherwise. It seems no one can do it in our generation. No one has been able to show us using human analysis that is available till this moment. Perhaps science can answer the question someday. Who knows? But I doubt such will happen in my generation. So, my best bet is to seek knowledge by checking both notions so I can take position logically and intuitively.

More posts on traditional rulers and strange cultures will be revealed in this thread. Keep reading, keep aspiring to know more. Seek knowledge so you can live.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by FMCASH(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Pistotita did you believe in reincarnation or hell fire
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
FMCASH:
Pistotita did you believe in reincarnation or hell fire

These are deeper questions. I think they are both outside the scope of finding meaning to life. Nontheless, let me quickly give you my opinion.

Reincarnation is a bit tricky. Every 4 - 19 years old, or every adult with good memory will nod his/her head in agreement with this paragraph. I was walking in a street in Europe which I know was my first time, but everything there looked like I had been there previously. Lol. OK. How many people are nodding in agreement to this kind of experience? There were several experiences like this that I had. Have you been somewhere you knew you were for the first time, but it felt like you had been there? Have you seen something or done something that you were sure it was your first time, but it felt like repetition? Not relevation, dream, or vision, but real life experiences.

However, having such experience is not enough reason to conclude reincarnation was at work. What if that was programmed in me before I was born. lol. These were theories I wrote down on paper when I was trying to unravel the mystery. So, traditionalist believe so much in it that we heard different stories, (everyone must have heard them) and one is about MKO Abiola. His full names were: Moshood Kashimawoo Olawale Abiola. What does Kashimawoo means? It means "Let us watch him/her closely." Who were they watching closely? The believe in those days was that children in some evil societies continuously tormented same couples by returning to them many times as still births, or death at infants. So, the elders of those days would put sign on the dead baby after a lady had experienced 3 and above still births consecutively, and when the mother gave birth again, if the sign was on the baby, they would start rituals to make the child stay and not die. Let us watch him/her closely if he/she was going to die again. Of course, there were real evidences which showed me that these things happened in Nigeria. But can we say these were reincarnation episodes? Hmmm! Those dead children were called Abiku in SW. You may want to research MKO Abiola, the winner of 1993 presidential election.

All religions in Nigeria do not refute that dead people were not seen at one time or the other. Infact, Christians in Nigeria say that it is true, but evil spiritual beings took the image of the dead persons. Bible says "It is appointed for man to die once, and after is judgement". That kinda sounds similar to the evil people at work like that of the Abikus. But most Christians in the western world don't even know about these strange things. Is it that it's peculiar to only Africans? If it does not happen or not common in Europe and North America, it means they were gimmicks or the theory of Christians is right.

Science does not even try to answer it. Science says there is no life after death. Lol. And now, it is very uncommon in Africa. Or have you seen any reincarnated person? Have you seen Abiku recently? Or have you heard of any woman with numerous continuous still birth experiences consecutively recently?

If you follow my reasoning method, science or christian/Islam must be correct. Therefore, in my opinion, reincarnation does not exist.

Existence of Hell
Science refutes it. But science is strange. Tomorrow, it may support it. lol.

Religion believes in it, but there are exceptions. I think Jehovah Witness denomination shares the same opinion with Athiests that if God is a good Good, he will never create a place of agony.

Personally, I can start pointing to Bible verses where hell is used as idiomatic expressions or as allegories. But one common believe in all religious denomination is that there is evil and good. And they all believe there is battle. If there is battle, there must be a winner and a loser. But if you read the Bible well, it talks about the last battle, bottomless pit, Michael leading war, etc. I am going to decline giving you a straight answer because I believe intuition is the only way for now. I want you to understand that it doesn't matter if I answer this question as it has no much influence in knowing what life is.

To give you a clue: My granny on her sick bed narrated the vision she was seeing which was decription of paradise. If a book talks about paradise, and I experienced it from the life of my granny (this is a personal decision), it is more appropriate to agree that there will also be reward for evil. The question is that is it permanent death according to JW? Or is it Hell fire? I leave it to my readers to unravel the mystery themselves. This is a personal question which must be answered intuitively in this our generation..

My purpose is not to start explaining my stand on every religious issue here. Rather, I want to show my readers the reasons they should seek knowledge

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2019
Denominations, a big problem in Christianity
There is fire on the mountain. Run! Run!! Run!!!

Marmonism and I
It was one cold winter (I don't want to mention the year) and I was so lost inside due to some challenges and betrayal from close friends, I rang a friend that I was coming to his apartment. I just wanted to cool off my head. When I entered I met him (He's from Bayelsa, Nigeria) with an American caucasian couple who were discussing their faith. I did not even know my friend is a Mormon. So, that was how I was drafted into the discussion. Waooo! Joseph Smith had visions and revelations, was looked on like an outcast, he struggled with his faith, etc. I was rattled because I did pay attention to them until that moment. So, I started watching my friend and his co faith members. I can say they were really opened to themselves. Infact, I almost became a mormon because of this kind gesture to me at the time of my own "down" . Yeah! I forgot. The parish was ready to push a recomendation for me to transfer to Brigham Young University in Utah on full time scholarship when they saw my grades.

One night I was almost joining them, but my soul was troubled. I picked my phone and could not reach my mother who I used to share many things with. I was really troubled. I went to my kitchen to get a box of yorghut from my fridge. Suddenly, my phone rang, and I went inside to pick it. "Hey! What's up Bleep". My cousin phoned me from Toronto. We had a long chat, and he said he was just concerned about me, and that he was having series of dreams and saw me feeling moody." I allowed him finished and that was how I related my challenges. Well that was one of the most productive telephone conversations in my life. He gave me a balanced analysis of denominations first. And then went on to tell me about Marmons. What a balanced analysis!

My mission is not to discredit any denomination, but I am narrating my journey to finding the meaning of life. I made a decision that day: "I will continuing paying for my education, and there was no need to go for any financial aid or scholarship". And I did it with divine help. Not because I hated the Mormons, but I went back to my drawing and realised that "struggling to pay at times is better than free stuff". I am not saying scholarship or financial aids are bad, but for me at that time, I realised it was not a mistake to get a good job and still attended college at the same time, but it was purely grace and favor. So, I could just leave the scholarship opportunities for others who needed them more than me. That was a good decision because I learned multi-tasking and perseverance by juggling school and work. Yet, I had an outstanding CGPA.

Jehovah Witnesses and I
I was visited many times by witnesses that I lost count. The only reason I parted ways with them is their objection to participation in politics. That was when I said "Ok....this is not for me". I don't have any negativity against them. I cherish their consistency and persistency. That's awesome. I appreciate their visitations even till now. I agree with them that Blood is life , and there is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone whose faith goes against blood tranfusion. What I am against is forcing someone who is not matured to that level of faith to the extent of losing his/her life. If your purpose in life warrants you to sacrifice your life, so be it. Therefore, I don't understand the obsession of some nairalanders who continuously and deliberately speak evil of these people. Are they really threats to anyone? Really, I can't understand. Perhaps, the monikers on nairaland that are deliberately bastar.dizing witnesses themselves are the evil ones. What is their obsession with JWs? Who will listen to negativity? You are trying to correct Witnesses, but you are raining curses on them. And the funny thing is that Witnesses do not reply them, but monikers that are not witnesses are the ones fighting for witnesses. Lol. That is hilarious!

Catholism and I
I didn't have the priviledge of knowing much about catholic in Nigeria, but I dated a lady when I was away from home. And that was how I know so much about catholic. All I have for catholic is love. Love, love, love. The only reason I left catholic was that the lady was choking me with marriage and the necessity to convert to catholism if we would be together at that time. That was it. The only issue was that I was always sleeping during their services. The father would tap me several times. I love that white dude from Michigan. As a matter of fact, my boss who taught me online trading and investment is a British catholic, and I got the job through the babe. That guy needed to buy a new car because he had an accident with his BMW, and he told me to give him a month. I just noticed the guy closed very early for a month. Piam, he drove a new Benz to office. Damn! He traded online for just one month and made over $80,000 profit. My eyes opened like that of a frog "sharp sharp". As a sharp man, I got close to him and tapped too. Knowledge is Wealth.

It is all about Love
I can go on and on, but I want to briefly mention a denomination I want to understand. The seventh Day Adventist . I knew an elementary close classmate in those days whose family members were adventists. Every time I try to know about adventists, something always block it. The last attempt was with a friend. This person realised I was not opened anymore, and even criticized me. Called me many names, but little did this person realise till date why I changed. Lol. I am trying to explain my journey to what life means to me. This person is bossy but I showed I can be bossy too. lol. Who ran away? Of course not me. Lol. I was asked to share my faith which I did, and moved a bit to saying things about mysteries. Then, the turn of the person to say something, that was how the fellow changed subject, was demanding more. I moved back to the subject and covered up stylishly. Oh! The mission was to know what I believe in and who I am. ok. Apparently, the fellow was just asking and asking to know about me. I am sure if the fellow has the opportunity to reflect, then, the fellow will agree that that day was the day I changed. I can only trust and reveal more when the fellow returns to the state that was jumped and covered. And that fellow wanted me to believe that the Faith the fellow claims is genuine. By their actions we shall know them. After dealing with the person very well, and after a long break of like 5 months, the fellow rang me up from nowhere telling me the fellow had a dream about me....bla bla bla bla. I said OH. That I must repent. I entered spirit too (just kidding). Ah fellow friend, ride on with your smartness. Go on! Give me more. Yeah! I need more of your smartness. Oliver Twist I am. Go on! Trust me, I know the button to press at most painful time to make the fellow angrily left again. I just banged the phone on the person at the right time to test the fellow's claim the fellow was working on the anger challenges the fellow has. Piam! That was the last heard and it is now again over 5 months. Lol. May God save us from volatile people. I don't know how anyone can say he/she is a Christian or Moslim or real traditionalist and allow anger, bitterness, desperation, and bossy attitude cloud everything he/she does. But it's all about love. I wish the person returns, but I cannot accept the fellow not until the spot covered up is addressed. And the fellow saw nothing special, perhaps the person doesn't even know till now cos I know smart people like that play with many people, but when they meet someone smarter, they always get frustrated. lol. But stylishly, I will ask again if the person returns, but if not, so be it. Life goes on. It's all about love. I am a man of my words. I have very close pals till date. And if such person returns and can really genuinely be opened the way the fellow wants me to be, honestly, I am going to open wide many areas that we will both learn. What about my relationship with fellow farmers? I will talk later about this area too. Many have lost good friendship, business opportunities, partners, homes etc because of st.upid investigative partial and bossy attitudes. It is all about love. Love is reciprocal. It's not I, me, my, and mine only. Love is we and us.

Even the Islam practised in Europe is friendlier than the one in Nigeria
I entered mosque many times with Arabs in Europe. Yet, my legs have not stepped inside any mosque in Nigeria. There is a big problem in Nigeria. Religion is war here. Not saying there are no fanatics in Islam, because I know many m.ad people and Jih.adists are in Islam. But the real Islam is love. It's all about love. It's peaceful, and loving. My next post as a farmer will be on the Fulanis herdsmen challenges in Nigeria. I love moslims. Oh! That religion is classic; however, there is fire on the mountain the way it is practised in Nigeria. What is the problem with Christians and Moslims in Nigeria for goodness sake that we cannot live in harmony?

4 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
RUGA. Fulani Herdsmen in Nigeria

I cannot really say when we got it wrong in Nigeria, but the Fulani guys of the olden days are nice. Still wondering where we got it wrong.

My Concern
I know it is impossible to Islamatize or "christianitize" any country in this century; therefore, I am less concerned about it. However, we are too divided.

My concern is that setting up ranches means no more or less Fulani meat in the market. Ooops! That is going to be tough. It means we will start eating cancer just like poultry, fishery, piggery, etc. Ranches will start pumping up cattles to achieve more profit. I am scared. This is going to be bad. Ranches will kill more people than Fulani. In the real sense, setting ranches is the solution, but why is this world so complicated? Seek knowledge dear friends.

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 27, 2019
There are 2 ways

Following intuition, there are two ways. Allow me to use the song of Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey Fabiyi to illustrate what I am writing about:

The are 2 ways --- 3 times
My friends
The are 2 ways --- 3 times
My friends

The one wey the road narrow narrow ....
The one wey him road mighty mighty .....
Which one you dey ---3 times
My friends

Of course there are many 2-replicas if you really check very well. They are always antonyms of each other.
Life - Death
Fire - Water
Good - Bad
Good - Evil etc

I even like the 3 things replicas and examples in the bible. Good poetry, but very deep. I don't want to cause confusion here, it's time to declare where I finally chose to stay with.

I called His name, and I saw result
I have had many experiences that I cannot share, but I will share one that reassured me of the way I have chosen. It may not be important or not convincing to any other person, but for me, it was so outstanding convincing.

I just woke up 2am that early morning this year and I was filled up with what I cannot explain, and I could not breath very well. I remember that the first thing I said was "Jesus, if you are there, just make me pass through this phase alive, and I will not turn back". I knew those were final moments, and I didn't know where the strength and wisdom came from, I got up and went to the sitting room and started doing plank, crunch, and leg raised. I still don't know how I got up till date. Gradually I started feeling relieved. I know what I passed through the next 1 month after that night which were the hardest, and even till this moment. Of course, medicine and doctors saved me, but I am convinced there was a supernatural touch which I cannot explain. And I understood the source of the problem later.

It was exactly 4 weeks after that night that medicine showed what the issues were after many nights of struggles, surgeons brainstorming, tests sent abroad, and many things I don't want to talk about. And I flashed back to one young pastor whom I neglected his words that told me those days were coming like 2 months before that happened to me. Don't get me wrong, even a white man had previously told me certain things were going to happen, and they were so. Also, I have mentioned the old man who saw me 3 generations behind. Intuition manifests in different ways.

There are Powers, but there is a Power
Neither can I explain many things if you ask me, nor prove many things; however, I have a strong conviction that the power in the name of Jesus works for me. And one way or the other, I have been protected till this day. I was not surprised when the same sibling who I mentioned that had telephone conversation with an old man arrived at the same conclusion. Ok. If my blood could arrive at the same conviction without my interference, that is huge to me.

I am not condemning anyone or saying the religion of anyone is not good; however, I am sure that it is not christianity I am talking about. I am not talking about denomination also. What I am saying is that the power in the name/blood of Jesus is special. I am still saying it that I cannot prove it to anyone, other than telling my readers that if you find yourself in a critical situation which looks like it is over, try to whisper to Jesus to pull you through. The name is the easiest access to the supernatural.

I repeat, I am not talking about visiting manipulators who call themselves prophets. You can enter the gate with boldness without the help of anyone. Afterall, it is all about individuals. Give it a trial. Some day you will need it.

I believe the God of Joseph Ayo Babalola is real in my heart. And that's the same God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (I have to say this here because a very dear friend asked me this question 2 months before that incident and I should have declared that day with boldness. Therefore, any slight opportunity I have, I say it loud and clear). I know what I am saying. You may want to go through my other threads to understand the person who is writing this is not a religious fanatic. I am a researcher and a business strategist. I am still very deep into research.

Science can make humans gods
Any genetic scientist or engineer understands what I am saying. I will talk about sexual orientation soon. Waoooo! Too many mysteries we can not solve in our generation, but I have strong conviction that science can solve all. Genetics is the start. I am a tissue culture specialist (note that I taught myself), and I have another sibling I talked about who is a doctor and also into real genetics researches. Science is m.adddd! But intuition is explosive. If you can start training your intuitive ability, you will understand what I am saying. And most likely, you will find Jesus as the way if you are not careless. It is very easy to derail and be trapped if you take the wrong way.

Science can make us gods, but Intuition is the present way to be close to God. The question is that when will science achieve this? Or will it even be another tower of Babel?

If you find this tone or style of communication similar to someone you know, and you had such conversation precisely in February this year, you re the one. I kinda lost all my contacts recently, and just can't reach out to many people including you. You may pick up your phone and call me. I know how desperate you wanted that answer that time, and I have the right words now because of the experiences I have had from that time till date. I have dropped similar coded messages to reconnect elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by damesilver(m): 10:45am On Jul 27, 2019
@pistotita.. Well done. I want to ask if you've read the work in the Light of truth, the Grail message. I'm inclined to ask because of your line of reasoning which resonate with me as well.
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
damesilver:
@pistotita.. Well done. I want to ask if you've read the work in the Light of truth, the Grail message. I'm inclined to ask because of your line of reasoning which resonate with me as well.

No, I haven't.
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by CaveAdullam: 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
damesilver:
please do you have the volume 3 of the grail message or volume 1-3 in PDF copy?

1 Like

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2019
The Price of Loyalty

Scenario 1:
You found yourself far away where there were no relatives, but you needed to survive. Let's take the Middle East as a good example. To return to Nigeria is not a good option, and there weren't legit jobs there. What would you do? Then there was your American religious friend who started advising you why you must do legit stuff. The question is: What is right and just?

At your end: There weren't opportunities because of where you came from.

At the end of the American: Things were easy because of where he came from.

Of course, I was in this situation some years ago. Then, I flashed back to the extremely poor people I would not want their fingers on by body in the street. I judged them too without considering where they came from. But the questions is that do coming from a nasty place give the licence to go in any directions in the name of success?

Scenario 2: Queen of The South
Teresa Mendoza found herself in prostitution just to survive, and gradually found herself as the leader of a drug cartel ending lives he used to protect. I kinda got hooked to this TV series. Why did she not find herself in a very good religious, wealthy, bla bla bla home? Was it her destiny to find herself in poverty and struggle it all out by herself? Or should she have sacrificed her life at the point a decision was to be made: to join the cartel or to die? It doesn't make sense that there is a God who gives one soul wealth from birth, and poverty to the other from birth. Is that just?

Very easy for the American to judge the West and East African. Hmmm! Would the same person not do worse if he was in the position of the person he was judging? And was it an excuse for the person in the position to do what was wrong? The question is: What is actually right or wrong?

Yahoo boys tell you they are collecting the money stolen from their ancestors, and that makes their action just. Hmmm! Of course there are laws. But what is the definition of law? The law is the law. Yeah it is. But is the law for everyone? Who made the law? When the law was made, was everyone considered? So, can we say the law is just?

Jumping to conclusion is so common especially with social media these days. The rich from ages have suppressed and manipulated everything to their favor. The new trend is celebrities using social media to their advantage. Is it just for the Kims to make money on social media via por.n and sex? Is just and upright to wear makeup or not to? What is just? What is right? What is appropriate? So many complications in this world. Honestly.

Don't misquote me, I am not the judge. To me, if there exists a Supreme Judge at the end of the world, he has so many issues to tackle. Honestly.

Say no to crime, yet they are embezzling our money. The same people making laws are stealing our money. Who owns the money in the first place? Wonderful. But is it a licence for the yahoo boy to steal too?

What is the real price of Loyalty? Of course everyone has a price. Money buys almost everything if not everything. Just have it at the back of your mind when judging others: What if I was in his/her position?

5 Likes

Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Ayodehji202: 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
pistotita a man of knowledge

The thing is that religion in Africa is a dicey matter ,me as a case study I was so godless and immoral during my university days though am aware of the existence of God but I don't just care
During my service year I joined NCCF a popular fellowship ,during their service I do feel a supernatural presence which I can't fathom, in short I become born again through them and officially during a crusade by apostle Joshua selman ,After this I changed my friend and life style base on deep seated conviction

when I pass out of Nysc I could not secure a job,and base on my new personality , I opt in to farm,even people that knows me as an undergraduate were surprise due to extravagant life style I use to live.Like two month ago I saw one of my course mate who use to be a very religious guy back then, even a fellowship coordinator at a popular joint ,he ask me what am up to now I said am waiting on God and farming ,he laughed hysterically and said "why you dey dull your self" he told me he is hustling online now (yahoo) I was not suprise though,because I do feel skeptical about over religious people ,we talked and he told me is ordeal and you know say naija hard in short he said he does not have a choice ,mind you this is some one that lead a strong fellow ship for two years ( I know some people wiil want to argue that may be he us not truly born again). in short don't let me bore you with epistle lemme go straight to my questions and input my little contribution

Q1 -how can you as a Christian convince a.Muslim that is Allah whom he as seen his manifestation is not the true supreme being

Q2 -when you encounter trial and tribulations and you hope on God for deliverance ,but help is not forthcoming what wiil you do,remember not everybody can be as calm as Job

CONTRIBUTION most atheist in Nigeria knows that the supreme being truly exist ,but they choose to be antagonistic towards him,therefore claiming to be atheist either because they feel He as disappointed them or they have wasted their time serving him and not seeing physical result in terms of wealth or a particular expectation ,this is evident in their various post and attack on religious post ,because if they don't truly believe in his existence why are they now attacking his personality ,because it sounds dumb to attack some thing that is non existent and more over they can stay off such thread ,but they won't simply because they are looking for every way to channel their anger

An European can be an atheist no doubt ,because of his environment and more over science has already made him a god, and also the presence of adequate health care, security ,and intellectual knowledge(education) as a result of this he is already a god so he and his offspring might not feel the need for a supreme being ,but in Africa you wiil need to beg God for almost everything even that which is at your disposal ,and this is the reason why most religious people in Nigeria tends to ignore God and his standard of morality when they come across wealth.
Re: Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ayodehji202:
pistotita a man of knowledge

The thing is that religion in Africa is a dicey matter ,me as a case study I was so godless and immoral during my university days though am aware of the existence of God but I don't just care
During my service year I joined NCCF a popular fellowship ,during their service I do feel a supernatural presence which I can't fathom, in short I become born again through them and officially during a crusade by apostle Joshua selman ,After this I changed my friend and life style base on deep seated conviction

when I pass out of Nysc I could not secure a job,and base on my new personality , I opt in to farm,even people that knows me as an undergraduate were surprise due to extravagant life style I use to live.Like two month ago I saw one of my course mate who use to be a very religious guy back then, even a fellowship coordinator at a popular joint ,he ask me what am up to now I said am waiting on God and farming ,he laughed hysterically and said "why you dey dull your self" he told me he is hustling online now (yahoo) I was not suprise though,because I do feel skeptical about over religious people ,we talked and he told me is ordeal and you know say naija hard in short he said he does not have a choice ,mind you this is some one that lead a strong fellow ship for two years ( I know some people wiil want to argue that may be he us not truly born again). in short don't let me bore you with epistle lemme go straight to my questions and input my little contribution
I am going to discuss temptation which is a continuation of my previous post which brought about your comment.

Leading a fellowship is not a requirement for the salvation of one's soul in all religions. I believe your friend found himself among Christians and they influenced him. After school, he found himself with yahoo boys because he was jobless, and they also influenced him too. It was very likely he was not strong in his faith. Do I blame him? Nope. Many don't understand what they are doing also. Many keep wondering why someone agrees to wrap himself/herself with grenades in the name of dying for his/her faith. Why do Jehovah Witnesses refuse blood transfusion? Why did Pastor D.O. Odubanjo refuse surgery which could save him? Why did pastor Robin refuse eye (catarrah) surgery that could save his eyes? Conviction, Brainwashing, or blackmailing is the answer. While conviction is self determination, brainwashing and blackmailing are induced by someone else on the victims.

Q1 -how can you as a Christian convince a.Muslim that is Allah whom he as seen his manifestation is not the true supreme being
Who is Allah? Allah is just a language (Arabic) in my opinion. What does it mean? It means God (English). What is God in your language? So, the issue of Supreme Being is not an issue in my opinion. Traditionalists in Nigeria believe in God too. Same God. Actually, they are all saying He is the same God. And truly if you research it well, He is the same Supreme Being.

The only difference is that: There are different ways to connect with the Supreme Being. In my opinion, that way you take is the main issue. An adage says, the end justifies the means. Really? That is where conviction comes in. This way I choose to go, is it the right way the Supreme Being accepts? Or there are many accepted ways?

Even the Bible says that many shall ask him that Lord, Lord, in your name we did this and that....and He will say....I know you not. That's even the so called Christians who use the name of Jesus.

Again, if you take note very well, the talk about soul is common to all religions. So, there are many ways to reach the Supreme Being in my opinion. But which is the right way that He accepts? Or are there right ways?

Anyone who is convinced and has real conviction with evidence of testimonies will surely have no issue with convincing anyone. It's just the truth. Truth always proves itself effortlessly. When you start trying too hard to convince others...hmmm...that's manipulation. If your way is the right way, if your God is the Supreme Being, and you are very sure He is, your action and lifestyle will definitely speak out loudly. If that Allah is the true God (If Allah is different from God), those following Allah will not be desperate too. Allow God to speak for Himself in your life . If truly you serve the Supreme Being, He will prove Himself. Trying to prove your God is the supreme being makes Him look powerless.

Q2 -when you encounter trial and tribulations and you hope on God for deliverance ,but help is not forthcoming what wiil you do,remember not everybody can be as calm as Job
Who told you Job really passed the test justly? The only issue with Job is that he refused to curse God. Who told you Job did not grumble? Even Jesus who we Christians believe is 100% God and 100% human was moved when he was about facing the cross. He knew the plan, He went to a separate place to pray. And he started asking God that the cup should pass over Him, but He quickly corrected Himself that the will of the Supreme Being be done. Why do you think the same Jesus when He taught His disciples how to pray, he said "do not lead us into temptation?"

Back to Job. If he was perfect, God would not start asking him questions. Because those questions God asked Job are serious ones which brought out his flaws.

My brother/sister, let's pray for mercy when our flaws as humans show. David was the apple of God's eye but he has so many flaws; however, David knew how to plead for mercy. No wonder he was called a man after God's heart.

CONTRIBUTION most atheist in Nigeria knows that the supreme being truly exist ,but they choose to be antagonistic towards him,therefore claiming to be atheist either because they feel He as disappointed them or they have wasted their time serving him and not seeing physical result in terms of wealth or a particular expectation ,this is evident in their various post and attack on religious post ,because if they don't truly believe in his existence why are they now attacking his personality ,because it sounds dumb to attack some thing that is non existent and more over they can stay off such thread ,but they won't simply because they are looking for every way to channel their anger
My comment on the bolded part: In my own opinion, most people (not only Athiests) do not know the Supreme Being exists. To know is different from to say. Most religious people always say He exists,, but they don't know.

I agree with you that most Athiest act out of frustration. Majority of athiests cannot prove that He does not exist too, and they channel their frustration and anger to Thiests. I agree with you. They simply cannot prove it that He doesn't exist. They were disappointed at a particular point.

An European can be an atheist no doubt ,because of his environment and more over science has already made him a god, and also the presence of adequate health care, security ,and intellectual knowledge(education) as a result of this he is already a god so he and his offspring might not feel the need for a supreme being ,but in Africa you wiil need to beg God for almost everything even that which is at your disposal ,and this is the reason why most religious people in Nigeria tends to ignore God and his standard of morality when they come across wealth.
You are damn funny..Lol
To be an athiest in Nigeria or Africa is not easy. lol. Even when a NAIJA athiest experiences real pain, he/she will most likely shout JESUS or GOD unconsciously. Lol.

Wel, internet has brought information closer to us all. Athiests research more than thiests. Gradually, the African athiests are becoming like the European.

Africa is a tough place for the common man, but the easiest place for the well connected. I tell people everywhere I go. If you take 1/100 of all the thugs residing in Lagos to Dubai, believe me that if they return, they will cause serious revolution in Nigeria. Our leaders are bleeding us mehn! The average Nigerian sees 20 Years old imported used car as what he is suppose to use. New cars are not just meant for him. If you doubt me, just watch out for comments of Nairalanders whenever the issue of banning used cars comes up. They always fight with all their strength to defend why 30 years old vehicles must be allowed into Nigeria. I read today on the front page that Ben Bruce of Silver Bird announced that his company will only finance electric cars..Just go and read the comments. Christ!

Thanks for your comment. I have learned from you too bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LGBTQ+ Church Gets Completely Burnt Down By Lightning Strike (Photos And Video) / Nigerian 'paganism' Thread / Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 411
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.