Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! (5760 Views)

Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV / Dredging Of River Niger Completed – Obi’s Aide / Dredging Of River Niger Will Soon Be Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:52am On Mar 12, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the capital and maintenance dredging of Calabar Port, the Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, Malam Habib Abdullahi, has said.

This is contained in a statement signed by Capt. Iheanacho Ebubeogu, the NPA General Manager, Public Affairs, in Lagos on Monday.

The statement said that Abdullahi made this known when he paid a courtesy visit on the Acting Governor of Cross River, Mr Efiok Cobham.

Abdullahi said the Federal Government was concerned about the development of the port, adding that government was making concerted efforts to make the ports operate optimally.

According to him, both local and international investors will reap the benefits the dredging contract will offer.

“The dredging when completed, will enable bigger vessels to call at the port, thus, boosting economic activities in Cross River and the entire geographical area the port covers,’’ the statement added.

Cobham said the port was critical to the economy of the state, especially now that it was reducing its over-dependence on oil. (NAN)

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/fg-approves-dredging-of-calabar-port/

6 Likes

Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by BlackPikiN(m): 5:48am On Mar 12, 2013
This should be on the Front page o.

Haters keep hating!!!

Anyone knows about the Ibaka port in Akwa Ibom?
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by momodub: 9:08am On Mar 12, 2013
winkthank you Goodluck pls approve and execute the project ,Nigeria go better
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by momodub: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2013
smiley na only me dey this forum ? where is everybody ?goodmorring my bro and sis
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by eggo: 9:14am On Mar 12, 2013
yyyyeeeeeeppppeeeee.... am sooooo excited.... cheesy grin wink smileyawwwwwwww...
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
One question: so fhucking what
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by ITbomb(m): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2013
BlackPikiN: This should be on the Front page o.

Haters keep hating!!!

Anyone knows about the Ibaka port in Akwa Ibom?
Ibaka port is a white elephant project used by the govt to siphon fund through collaboration with Bilfiger Berger and FG has repeatedly refuse to be involved in it.
The development of Calabar port is a welcome development.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2013
Stale news.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2013
momodub: smiley na only me dey this forum ? where is everybody ?goodmorring my bro and sis
Alliance of Despicable Cultists will pretend they havent seen this on the home page grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by vanstanzy(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2013
UP FG! grin grin grin grin grin Abeg make dem actually do am o, not just paper approval. grin grin grin *Excited!*
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by UnknownMember: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2013
[size=16pt]FINALLY!!!!![/size]

Wow!! This is great News..

However, I think the government needs to also do something about re-routing vessels into other ports in the Nation. We have cases where vessels sit on the water for weeks waiting to berth in Apapa or Tin Can when Calabar ports & Port Harcourt ports are waiting for even canoe sef to come.

6 Likes

Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by gen2briz(m): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2013
Na so so approve approve this FG they do everyday.... Another story Jare

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by lordZOUGA(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Damn! what the f_uck has this got to do with anything?
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by haysal(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2013
*Yawns* this aint news.....itz a story.... undecided
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by UnknownMember: 9:20am On Mar 12, 2013
lordZOUGA: Damn! what the f_uck has this got to do with anything?

Shows you are ignorant on this topic.. So move on!!

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Orblonde: 9:21am On Mar 12, 2013
Don't get excited till it is actually done. It can be like the river niger bridge etc of which many years later it is still being re approved. Action speaks louder than words. I have no faith in looters.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2013
Calabar, port Harcourt,onisha ports and even ibaka port, GEJ sabi work o. Atleast lagos go decongest small.but I won drink beer who go buy for me nah?
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by lordZOUGA(m): 9:24am On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

Shows you are ignorant on this topic.. So move on!!
that was a question. undecided
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by executinal(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2013
Naija go better, just a matter of time wink
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Ozonna(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2013
ITbomb:
[b]Ibaka port is a white elephant project used by the govt to siphon fund through collaboration with Bilfiger Berger and FG has repeatedly refuse to be involved in it.
[/b]The development of Calabar port is a welcome development.

This is a very sad story and i pray that this your Ibaka story is false. Maybe that's why GEJ has ordered the dredging of Calabar port and if so, kudos to Pres GEJ

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by UnknownMember: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2013
lordZOUGA:
that was a question. undecided

Sounded rethorical
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by vanstanzy(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2013
momodub: smiley na only me dey this forum ? where is everybody ?goodmorring my bro and sis

I was thinking the same thing too. Anyways, goodmorning to u too. First to comment sha. grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by pweetyme8(f): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2013
dis kals 4 celebr8n
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by lordZOUGA(m): 9:32am On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member:

Sounded rethorical
I am skepitcal about the FG motivea.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by jkross(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2013
chiover: Calabar, port Harcourt,onisha ports and even ibaka port, GEJ sabi work o. Atleast lagos go decongest small.but I won drink beer who go buy for me nah?

This kind morning? oya take one bottle for my head. Ω̴̩̩̩̥ά
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Costa2000(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2013
Good News, Well done GEJ.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by UnknownMember: 9:37am On Mar 12, 2013
lordZOUGA:
I am skepitcal about the FG motivea.

Atleast lets first celebrate the primary motive which is to dredge the port, which makes it assesible for bigger and larger vessels to comfortably navigate. Any other motive is purely speculative as it is right now.

I served with NIMASA Calabar during my service days and I can tell you that alot of them there would be over joyed by this because they have been clamouring for this for ages. Maybe now, other importers other than Dangote would start using Calabar ports.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Agrika: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2013
This is good, de-congest lagos.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by UnknownMember: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2013
chiover: Calabar, port Harcourt,onisha ports and even ibaka port, GEJ sabi work o. Atleast lagos go decongest small.but I won drink beer who go buy for me nah?

Na schinapps and Alomo Bitters I get o!!
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Immune1(m): 9:42am On Mar 12, 2013
Unknown Member: [size=16pt]FINALLY!!!!![/size]

Wow!! This is great News..

However, I think the government needs to also do something about re-routing vessels into other ports in the Nation. We have cases where vessels sit on the water for weeks waiting to berth in Apapa or Tin Can when Calabar ports & Port Harcourt ports are waiting for even canoe sef to come.

Market forces will naturally make that happen;the simple idea is to decongest these Lagos ports and all these unnecessary trucks on our roads.
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by UnknownMember: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2013
[b]The federal government would have to do more than just dredging the ports of other states to decongest lagos.

Until the Government delibrately starts diverting vessels to other ports, many importers would never use them. During my service days at NIMASA, I was told about a time when the F.G forcefully diverted a number of vessels into Calabar ports, my boss then said that importers were very unhappy. That Cars and other items that were imported were being sold off for next to nothing. that most of the importers had there bases in Lagos and other such neighbouring states and didnt want to be bothered with the logistics of transporting their goods from Calabar to Lagos so they quickly sold them off at dirt cheap prices (prolly to recover as much as they could). I learnt that ever since that occurence, it has never repeated itself again. Prolly, the importers don go block am.

Anyways, I think the government would have to find a way to handle this situation, otherwise, we just spent money to Dredge Calabar ports for Dangotes vessels.[/b]
Re: FG Approves Dredging Of Calabar Port!!! by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 12, 2013
This kind morning?SMH Who do you don really die...o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read This Before President Osinbanjo Deletes It. / Femi Otedola: Why I Accepted PDP Offer To Run Against Ambode. / Oyebanji Urges Ekiti Residents To Accept Old Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.