Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Creating A User Login Page Where.. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A User Login Page Where.. (1669 Views)

Please Help On My Login Page / Need Help On Login Page / Registration/login Page With Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A User Login Page Where.. by adamuabu: 4:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Please I need help creating a user login page where every user log into their separate profile page
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by javadoctor(m): 11:22am On Mar 12, 2013
U shld be jailed for asking such question. U didn't even point out the technology u implored, if it worked or not, please go and read wikipedia on how to ask questions,or this thread be rather closed.its meaningless
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by adamuabu: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
I Salute all the gurus in the house, I am new to CMS, and I believe forums like this are created to assist all levels of knowledge. Explaining my question: Using Dreamweaver (PHP)+ WAMP, What I have done before is create a general user page where everyone who logs in access the same information, Now I want to create a dynamic site for a school where everyone logs into their own pages.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by javadoctor(m): 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
Am no php programmer,but in java ee 5/6 which relates to other server programming u need to know bout sessionscope and stateful ejbs,a sessionscope maintains a conversational state in a managed bean while a stateful ejb maintains a conversational state in an enterprise javabean.this means the resources are available throughout the session. 1st u need to have an entity ,with a username and password,who logins in @a front end and is validated frm the managedbean or ejb,obtains a session or JSession Id, that is available till it is expired.sessionscope r also useful when a logged in user uses a shoppingcart item that is available through sessionpages.
D entity can also terminate session by invalidating the session,session Ids are wat cookies on a browser refer to a particular entity in an application. When u hv multi entities to login to view their different pages,its left for u to decide what they see when they login,since different entities exists within the same application,a web filter is required so a particular entity doesn't navigate to a page he is nt authorized to go to (a filter checks the state if a session is active or expired). Al the best on ur research

1 Like

Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by hoodboi(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2013
Nw to ansa ur questn. Everytn wil depend on d username used 2 login.u wil need 2 get all informatn for d profile usin d where clause wit d username. E.g in a user informatn table u cn use sql lyk select* from user_info where uname = $_post['uname'];
it wud b wise 2 make d username a primary key

1 Like

Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by adamuabu: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Thanks a lot Hoodboi, Javadoctor for your help. I really appreciate it.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by instinctg(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
Adamu,

With a good knowledge of RDMS , u can assign usergroups to users and menu items to usergroups.

This would ensure seperation of access to ur application.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by switchmax8: 8:02am On Mar 16, 2013
poster,
you did not state what will be there in the profile when the user logs in.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by switchmax8: 8:03am On Mar 16, 2013
poster,
let me know i can help using php/mysql
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by javadoctor(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2013
hoodboi:
javanian dat is no way to talk 2 sum1,even if u own nairaland. D poor guy jst nids help nd i blive dt is wt dis forum is about nt condemin d guy or tlkn 2 him anyhw.

Nw to ansa ur questn. Everytn wil depend on d username used 2 login.u wil need 2 get all informatn for d profile usin d where clause wit d username. E.g in a user informatn table u cn use sql lyk select* from user_info where uname = $_post['uname'];

It would be unwise to make d username a primary key, u cld simply to validate a user with a query,
Select from the user table where username =:username and password:word ,depending on ur query language ,if the query returns null,redirect the login page ,cheers
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by codeninja(m): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
hoodboi: Nw to ansa ur questn. Everytn wil depend on d username used 2 login.u wil need 2 get all informatn for d profile usin d where clause wit d username. E.g in a user informatn table u cn use sql lyk select* from user_info where uname = $_post['uname'];

you don't need to make d username d primary key. u could maintain an autoincremented dint column as the p.key.

but since a lot of your search will be based on the username column, you could put an index on the column to make for faster search.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by hoodboi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
Y i mentioned usn d username is cux he ctd always use it as a secondary key in oda tables. Since it wud b a unique identifier.usn an auto-increament wudnt b wise cus of d secondary key.d num cn vary in oda tbles.wel design nd programas choice
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by Urine: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ Op,

Check this link out I designed something similar last week and it helped a lot.

http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/6.html
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by Urine: 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
javadoctor: Am no php programmer,but in java ee 5/6 which relates to other server programming u need to know bout sessionscope and stateful ejbs,a sessionscope maintains a conversational state in a managed bean while a stateful ejb maintains a conversational state in an enterprise javabean.this means the resources are available throughout the session. 1st u need to have an entity ,with a username and password,who logins in @a front end and is validated frm the managedbean or ejb,obtains a session or JSession Id, that is available till it is expired.sessionscope r also useful when a logged in user uses a shoppingcart item that is available through sessionpages.
D entity can also terminate session by invalidating the session,session Ids are wat cookies on a browser refer to a particular entity in an application. When u hv multi entities to login to view their different pages,its left for u to decide what they see when they login,since different entities exists within the same application,a web filter is required so a particular entity doesn't navigate to a page he is nt authorized to go to (a filter checks the state if a session is active or expired). Al the best on ur research

Jsp heads and their "show-off" skills.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by Djtm(m): 12:29am On Aug 17, 2013
Urine:

Jsp heads and their "show-off" skills.
lol.
Re: Creating A User Login Page Where.. by adexsimply(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
like hoodboi said, you could make username your primary key, just append an id(=username) to the url you want the users to access, mind you, you don't need to create different pages for different users, once you 'GET' the id(i.e username) on the single page you have created, all the information peculiar to the user can be called to that url..
#abeg I no sabi explain embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Instagram's Source Code & 2 Parts On How To Make An App Like Instagram / Can Qbasic Interact With Any DBMS ? / Python Programmers' Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.