Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA (11047 Views)

New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN / FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium / FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by rman: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
When two people agree all the time, only one of them is needed.

Thelastpope, sincerenigerian,billyonaire, thraqa etc

They all share the same opinion all the time on GEJ
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by thelastPope(m): 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
ypzilanti: Good one! Keep it up GEJ. I have recently started seeing just a little seriousness in GEJs government. He still has two years to convince Nigerians that he is up to the job. I always use Keshi as an example. Succeed and naysayers will crawl slowly over to your side of the pitch. What no one likes to hear is excuses for why things are not working, which is what GEJ had been doing for past two years: 'these problems were here before me' 'I am not a General or lion' etc etc...

Just keep reeling out achievement upon achievement and stop complaining.

You can't just reel out achievement after achievement in 2 years after 50 years of rot. This is Nigeria not Lagos or Enugu. It takes time to put these things together even in a trouble free terrain. That is why GEJ said 2013 will be better because from the information he had on him, most of these projects will begin to come on stream in 2013 and will continue into 2014. By current projection, all things being equal, power should be over the 10000MW mark by first quarter of 2014. With that, most homes can have regular power. Of course we still need to do more and with the mambilla hydroelectric, we will have another 10000MW

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
talktimi: To all you political gangstas (you know yourselves) that will undoubtedly fill this thread very soon hurling insults on each other because of this laudable achievement and trying to force feed your political ideologies down our throat, I have one question for you. Must we clap our hands for the government for doing what they are supposed to do ?
When somebody do the right thing appreciate that person he will be encourage to do more

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by thelastPope(m): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Venchy:
But I can bet you that this is another 419 to get people's vote foe the next election. ...NIGERIANS are so gullible, always happy when someone offered them anything without knowing it's their right.

You want to spread your bitterness around? No, thanks! Abeg waka pass!

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
rman: When two people agree all the time, only one of them is needed.

Thelastpope, sincerenigerian,billyonaire, thraqa etc

They all share the same opinion all the time on GEJ
If only you had 1% intelligence, you would have noticed the glaring difference in the style of writing of the owners of those usernames.

Remember, GEJ received 22million votes and support at the last elections. If .5% of that number invades this platform, haters will scream for help.

6 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by PointB: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
The GEJ train is gathering steam from all angle, haters will only grasp at grass in there desperate bid to slow it down.

Kudo Mr. President for reaching another milestone in the checkered history of power supply in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by taharqa: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

Great news bro! Do you have any info on

The takeover of the DISCOs

Geometircs take off date

The Ebonyi State IPP?
No, dont know of a specific day; actuali, dont tink there is rili any specific date... The DISCOs hv to 1st pay 25% of d bid prize within 14 working days from d date d Final bid documents were signd (it was supposd to be March 14 i tink, but hv bn shiftd to March 21). They wud then hv 90 days within which to pay d remaining 75% and then take ova what is legally their companies now. Its likely that sm wud pay b4 odas, so there wud be diff dates for each of d bid winners to fully tk ova. I bliv all d processes shld be complete bw May- June....
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Cronaldcom: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow, indeed a great news! The effort is gradually yielding fruits... Oh! How I wish this could be sustained. God help them... God help us... God bless Nigeria!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by rman: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
If only you had 1% intelligence, you would have noticed the glaring difference in the style of writing of the owners of those usernames.

Remember, GEJ received 22million votes and support at the last elections. If .5% of that number invades this platform, haters will scream for help.

Young man, it is not about writiing style, intelligence, or haters , it is about the truth. I am not a political jobber like you.
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Reference(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
black_beau: Hopefully,the light situation will improve @ realistic and low prices

It says 'Manitoba' not 'Father Christmas'. It can never be cheaper but it can certainly be better. With each passing investment and earned profit the regulators will have to force price reductions if there are no market forces at play to do that.

GSM started out that way and is probably still more expensive than the defunct NITEL but my gosh at least its there.

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Reference(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
A-ZeD:

Thats not the role of TCN.
TCN is to transmit power to all the states, discos are responsible for getting the power to your house.

No. Discos are where you rock till you drop. Oliver, oliver, oliver twist...
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Reference(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
A-ZeD:

Dude get informed. Power and telecomms are two different ball games. As a heads up, price of power ALMOST never comes down.

Not absolutely true. Investment can bring down the short and medium term bills. It is when full capacity is reached in a stagnating market, prices begin to edge up again. That's very long-termish. We are far away from there and may actually never get there. IMO its heavy bills in the short term, affordability in the medium term and slight increases in the long term as energy prices rise.
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Reference(m): 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
You know. Sometimes we feel its the responsibility of the regulator to strive for quality service at the lowest possible price but it is also their responsibility to ensure that prices do not fall too low to compromise quality and eventually lead to the collapse of the industry. Sometimes they have to raise the bottom line by either executive fiat or by regulating market forces. Like what is happening in the Utilities sector in the UK. Prices can go up as well as down officially.
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by 2simple(m): 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
awodman: I am happy that despite the controversy that dogged this aspect of the power sector reforms that the issues have been amicably resolved..definitely we are on the right path and hopefully our generation will witness uninterrupted power supply
I am happy we're beginning to reason along with GEJ in his ongoing reform. May God give him the grace to do better for us. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by saintohia: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fantastic! This action will make it clear to all and sundry that the govt is irrevocably committed to transforming the power sector. Those still resisting the reforms should either join the moving train or they'll soon be crushed.

** "Let The Glory Of Nigeria Be Restored In His (GEJ) Time"- Pastor E. Adeboye

On Friday, 14th December 2012, President Goodluck Jonathan attended the 15th Holy Ghost Congress of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

At that event, Pastor E. Adeboye led the mammoth crowd in attendance to pray to God for the president.
The General Overseer prayed and said “God should direct him so that the glory of Nigeria will be restored in his time”.

He added: “God, please give him the divine enablement, courage; Lord lead him (president) aright during his tenure, let the glory of Nigeria be restored"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/echoes-of-2011-polls-jonathan-returns-to-redemption-camp-adeboye-prays-god-to-give-him-wisdom/

Less than 2months after those prayers were said, Nigeria conquered Africa in a historic African Cup win. The nation erupted in jubilation over the AFCON glory that came after 19yrs of waiting.

Does anyone still doubt the efficacy of prayers? Watch out for more fulfilment of this powerful prayer in other sectors (power sector inclusive): “God should direct him so that the glory of Nigeria will be restored in his time”

Let all patriotic Nigerians say Amen. Amen!

^^^^^

Amen.

Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Alarib(m): 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
talktimi: prepaid meters shouldn't be the problem, its whether Nigerians will get realistic bills.
Oga no vex o.....but do u know the relationship between PREPAID meters and "realistic bills"....the main issue here should be if this handover will not be a potential failure like NITEL was.
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by talktimi(m): 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Alarib:
Oga no vex o.....but do u know the relationship between PREPAID meters and "realistic bills"....the main issue here should be if this handover will not be a potential failure like NITEL was.
don't mind me o jare, my mind skipped like it wld be regular phcn billing system. Well I don't think at this stage the govt or especially manitoba will want to mess things up like NITEL. Anything is possible sha in Nigeria but I don't think this will be the case especially whn you consider the calibre of Naija big men involved in the DISCOs.
Re: FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA by Obijulius: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Shameless Obasanjo could not do this given 8yrs.......

GEJ pls teach them how to run a country (one they wished to milk and kill)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia: No More Sale Of Revenue Ticket To Okada, Keke Riders On Holidays — Ikpeazu / Malami Secretly Awards Multi-Billion Naira Assets Recovery Contract To Firm / Some Members Of LP In Ogun Back Doyin Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.