Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months (9182 Views)

Man Jumps Into Canal In Lagos, Dies (Photo) / Shoes Made By Paralyzed Man Shot By Robbers (Photos) / Glory Uzoh Shot By Robbers In Abuja (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by henrydeelinkag(m): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Taiwo Lawal, a 1-year-old baby boy who was shot on the head by some armed robbers in Lagos on the 9th of September 2012 has died .

According to Punch Metro , Taiwo Lawal was brutally shot on the head at his family house in Gbagada area of Lagos on Black Sunday, the day that many Lagosians experienced series of simultaneous armed robbery attack that led to the death of a police officer.
MTN Nigeria, donated N500,000 for the baby’s treatment at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba .

The story also drew public interest as concerned members of the public also donated undisclosed sums of money.

Sadly, Taiwo gave up the ghost on March 7, 2013 at Ward E of the hospital. The deceased’s distraught father, Wasiu, said the death was more painful because of the amount of money the family had spent.

He said, “We spent all that we had but unfortunately my son did not survive.

After MTN donated N500,000 and few concerned members of thepublic gave us money, more expenses kept coming up. The money was not enough as we had to keep spending on drugs and other things. “After the MTN donation, Taiwo was operated on and he showed signs of improvement at the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.

A couple of weeks later, after the bullet had been extracted, he was transferred to the main ward but in late December, his health started to deteriorate, he lost weight and we had to take turns to watch over him.” Wasiu said although doctors at the hospital initially assured him that Taiwo’s brain was not affected by the bullet, he was later told that the bullet had affected the baby’s brain.

Wasiu alleged that after sometime, the nurses at the hospital were no longer as caring as before and even advised him to take the baby home.

He said, “Initially we were told that Taiwo would require another surgery but later we were told that he was too young to have another surgery and that he should have the surgery in a few years’ time.

The hospital wanted to discharge him but I objected to it because he obviously was not alright. “In late January, his health deteriorated and he could not breathe on his own and was placed on Oxygen. At that point, thedoctor advised that we flew him abroad for treatment as it was now beyondtheir capability.

However, last week he showed signs of improvement and was even eating.“We were already happy but unfortunately on Thursday afternoon, Taiwo passed on, leaving behind his twin, Kehinde and two other siblings.” ( Punch Metro ).

So sad may his soul rest in perfect peace

Source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/baby-shot-by-robbers-dies-after-seven-months/
http://www.deelinkage.com/2013/03/taiwo-lawal-nigerian-baby-boy-shot-by.html?m=1

Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by ogomatty: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
May ur soul find rest in d bosom of d lord. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Remove that pic please ...

How insensitive can these mods be sef?
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by bong4(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
So sad. Rest in Peace Angel.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by ejidokun(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
OMG! I weep 4 9jeria..a country dat don't care abt d life of its citizens..so painful an innocent kid. What a Lyf,What a country! RIP
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
Please remove the picture immediately.

1 Like

Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Annie2gud(f): 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
So sorry mr wasiu.please Accept my Condolence

Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by club12: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
What a wicked world!! Lord save us from all these faceless beings called robbers... May His Soul RIP.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by UyiIredia(m): 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
May he rest in peace. My condolences to the family.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by hussainahlami(f): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
So sad
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by TheKingsQueen: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sorry my dear.
The insensitivity of armed robbers and their total heartlessness these days is becoming unforgivable. Why shoot at a little boy? Why not just steal the stuffs you came to steal and leave the poor family in peace! In fact, is it even right to steal your fellow man's property? Is it right to reap where you did not sow? Haba!
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by baby124: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
OMG! This cutie. cry cry cry

Fine baby, may God give you rest. cry cry cry
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by ElCaballa(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
Why didnt the Govt. Fly the innocent kid abroad.mayb he was not as important as the likes of Suntai.what a HELL called Nigeria!
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by baby124: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
El Caballa: Why didnt the Govt. Fly the innocent kid abroad.mayb he was not as important as the likes of Suntai.what a HELL called Nigeria!

Real HELL fire! To the point i think the little boy is a bit lucky to have gotten out fast. cry cry cry. State police is very important abeg, tired of the incompetence
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by ElCaballa(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
I have come to realize that anybody that dies in this country will go straight to heaven.Its enough punishment to be born in this country.Living here is like staying in purgatory where you suffer for your little sins before moving to heaven.But what is our sin?
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Rastamann: 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2013
There is crime every where both in Nigeria and abroad but the annoying thing is that in Nigeria is being treated as "business as usual" while abroad every arsenal is always put in place to bring such criminals to book. If this child was to be one of GEJ's son or that of any of his associates, that is when you will them arresting innocent citizens in the name of catching the culprits. NIGERIA WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER, HABA!
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Jarus(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
embarassed embarassed

So sad
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by vicope: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
jackbauersballs: Remove that pic please ...

How insensitive can these mods be sef?
If the mod didn't put a pix.....you would be crying out for the source of the news......Nigerians are hard to satisfy!
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Sweetapple007(f): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
Luv has gone into extinction.imaging shotting a toddler, this one no bi roppers na physical devil come rop.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by bornosheikh: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
Foolish pesins - leave the foto dere!

We live in a country where the reality of our existence needs to be seen by all. Those people that think it is romantic to support (implicitly or explicitly) robbers, or know of them, will feel more impelled to report them to the police or SSS on sight of how we are abusing ourselves. A country that eats it's own children has no future.

Infanticide dere for Naija!

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by GenOrumov: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
I feel sad learning about the death of this baby. Its unfortunate that a life that is just starting out has been abruptly cut short. A child is what brings joy into homes so I pray to God to guide and protect all our children.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
chai. what a wicked world. people are mean sha. Nija wickedness on the rise
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Nemerem44(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
May ur soul rest in Peace Cutie. So sad embarassed
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Temismith(f): 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Lord have mercy! I will not weep over my Children in Jesus name! Rest in d bossom of your Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by shadrach77: 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
he is free from this wicked world. I hope his twin sister/brother is still alive. RIP little soul sad sad sad
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by coogar: 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
El Caballa: I have come to realize that anybody that dies in this country will go straight to heaven.Its enough punishment to be born in this country.Living here is like staying in purgatory where you suffer for your little sins before moving to heaven.But what is our sin?

people born in hell won't go to heaven......
nigeria is within the premises of hell if things like this still happen in the 21st century. why would robbers take the life of a year old child? what's the motive behind such? the country is sick!
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by romanlaw(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
WHY DIDNT FASHOLA DO SOMETHING FOR THIS YOUNG BOY........I KNOW HIM AS ONE WITH A GOOD HEART....I'LL HAVE PREFERED THE LIFE OF THIS YOUNG INNOCENT BOY TO THAT OF THAT NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS HE GAVE 1MILLION NAIRA.............MAY HIS INNOCENT SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by pappilo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
El Caballa: Why didnt the Govt. Fly the innocent kid abroad.mayb he was not as important as the likes of Suntai.what a HELL called Nigeria!

Of course the bastard Fashola and co will not do this. they would rather pay for expired actors, former corrupt govt officials and the likes to go for malaria treatment abroad. Why do we even need to go abroad in the first place for tretament like this. Gabrielle Gifford survived a shot to the head and I am sure this young boy who managed to survice for 7 months with minimal medical care would have survived and recovered fully if he got the best available care.

E no go better for armed robber and e no go better for the people who spoil Naigeria!!
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by baby124: 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
romanlaw: WHY DIDNT FASHOLA DO SOMETHING FOR THIS YOUNG BOY........I KNOW HIM AS ONE WITH A GOOD HEART....I'LL HAVE PREFERED THE LIFE OF THIS YOUNG INNOCENT BOY TO THAT OF THAT NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS HE GAVE 1MILLION NAIRA.............MAY HIS INNOCENT SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
pappilo:

Of course the bastard Fashola and co will not do this. they would rather pay for expired actors, former corrupt govt officials and the likes to go for malaria treatment abroad. Why do we even need to go abroad in the first place for tretament like this. Gabrielle Gifford survived a shot to the head and I am sure this young boy who managed to survice for 7 months with minimal medical care would have survived and recovered fully if he got the best available care.

E no go better for armed robber and e no go better for the people who spoil Naigeria!!

Security is in the hands of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. They have failed to provide security, so the responsibility of this young boys life is on their hands. If they are incapable of providing security, then they should hand over the security to the states. Also, healthcare is majorly in the hands of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Dont shift blame.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by UNLEASHED(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
May your soul find rest little angel
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
When I hear pathetic stories like this,
I start wondering and asking how exactly nigeria degenerated to this barbaric level.
It beats me that these same robbers would go to church and mosque to worship god, what a terrible society we live in.
Re: Toddler Shot By Robbers In Lagos Dies After 7 Months by sahyd1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
I just saw diz on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ facebook wall. D man is retired prison warder. D incident happened around oke opo somewhere in ilesha! Diz is strange world!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Police Recover Stolen Kids After Arresting Suspected Traffickers / 82-year-old Man Remanded For N41m Fraud In Oyo / Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.