Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,431 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Google Talking Shoes Unveiled - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Google Talking Shoes Unveiled (10770 Views)

Zahra Buhari’s N192k Shoes Thats Got Everyone Talking [PICS] / These Photos Of A 7-year-old Nigerian Model Have Got Everyone Talking / PHOTOS: FDN 2013 Update: Face Of Democracy Nigeria Finalists Unveiled In Style!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2013

While making movements, the shoe can actually talk to the person wearing them.

The device made its debut late last week during the South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas.

Aman Govil, lead of the advertising arts team, told ABC News: ‘The talking shoe is an experiment in how you can use connected objects to tell stories on the Web today.’

The shoe utilizes Bluetooth technology to connect itself to the internet, and can provide location and directions using Google’s mapping app.

The computer also enables the shoe to react based on the wearer’s movements, or lack thereof.

If you’re sitting on a park bench, the shoe may inform you: ‘This is super boring.’

It’s a part of the Art Copy & Code project, which has been designed to deliver a new frontier of marketing and advertising.

Govil told ABC: ‘If you put what the shoe knows through an algorithmic logic engine, it can translate it into copy.

‘Now if you give that copy to an interesting copy writer, you could give the shoe personality. One shoe could be the trash-talking shoe.’

The possibilities are endless, but the shoes can be worn by favorite athletes and let their Twitter followers know how fast they’re going during a particular sporting event, for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftj-_F_GfFk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2291275/SXSW-2013-Google-unveils-talking-SHOE.html

http://dailies.com.ng/2013/03/12/google-unveils-talking-shoes/
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by FXKing2012(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
End-time sign.

1 Like

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by venorite(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Its official,the world is going crazy

2 Likes

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by colombiana: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
What of the one dat tels u wen a lady wants to nail, or the one dat tells me weda thers is gold underneat or the one dat see tomorow. Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by naija2(f): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
undecided What will happpen if I wear the shoe and dip it inside water.#thinking#
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by alaladakosta(f): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
can the shoe lead me to my path of breakthrough?

2 Likes

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
oga. o.
but seriously,I need the one that can send dirty slap through blue tooth and can also locate a particular place some nairalanders are sending their messages.
those tribal bigots and some incompetence mods for don hear wehn for their faces. I beg Google, please I need that shap shap because anything you guys think of now is achievable.
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by chucky234(m): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Irrelevant
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Bolaji21(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
Of what use will dis be to me
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
technology has gone mad
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
I don't know if I should say this is innovative or just stupid. Hmmmmm
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Obviously it can't talk on nigerian roads...

2 Likes

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Drdaps(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Talking shoe
can't wait to see a talking suit(tuxedo)
hey wait, what are the side effects.
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Inik(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
This looks innovative but it is dead on arrival. I can"t allow a shoe to tell me what to do
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by ZUBY77(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
I am actually looking out for google church. I think ahead
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
T.B Joshua would like this oo grin
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Bryancrox(m): 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dey should make shoe dat cn make me trek from Niqeria to USA without fliqht wit@ qetin tired(i will buy dat 1),if yhu buy dis shoe 4 9ja na raininq season qo kill am
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by neksummi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Next!
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by gen2briz(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
Abi google dey crazy ni.... Why talking shoe..... Anyway am waiting for talking shirts sha
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by StudioCFR(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
Satan always want to impress

Children of God don't get carried away by all dis cheap satanic innovations

Stay focused and remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by leslieu63(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
nice...... waiting for Google condom

1 Like

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by daywatcher: 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
they really want to make our brains redundant with all these unecessary inventions
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
بوكو حرام:

Where in the bible or Koran does it says Google shoes is one of the signs of end time? Any good tech advancement, na end time.

Dude are you for real or just to make mouth?
sarrap, if you don't know Bible,just don't talk about it.what was Bible (Jesus ) said when taking about perilous time and current happenings .? you just don't know anything about Bible prophecies,please.only speak for what you know.

1 Like

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Bofemsky(f): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
بوكو حرام:

Goldie die, dem say na End Time Sign.

GEJ sacks Airline boss, End time.

Shakira delivers a baby boy, End time.

Where in the bible or Koran does it says Google shoes is one of the signs of end time? Any good tech advancement, na end time. Una no dey use brain think at all ni?

When he said end time; I believe it wasn't the shoe in particular but the crazy idea of creating talking shoes. If you had used your own brain, you would have known he was talking generally; but no problem, guess your brain is not functioning well!
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
hmmmm. Talking shoe? I no wear. This is really craze and thinking about makes me wonder if this is all about end times.
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by FXKing2012(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
بوكو حرام:

Goldie die, dem say na End Time Sign.

GEJ sacks Airline boss, End time.

Shakira delivers a baby boy, End time.

Where in the bible or Koran does it says Google shoes is one of the signs of end time? Any good tech advancement, na end time. Una no dey use brain think at all ni?

Your moniker is a sign we are in the end-times.

2 Likes

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Waiting for Google talking pants for ladies
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Andykuul: 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dat d shoes uses bleutooth to connect to internet...with dis expensiv internet connectn in Naija?.......anyway i go buy am for my babe, connect am to my system. If my babe go wia she no supose go...
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by haconni(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Can they make a "talking condom" that tells u when ur partner is H*V +? Or wristwatch that tells u when your wife is cheating?

1 Like

Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by dokunbam(m): 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
lol
this oyinbo pple again
Google don take over evrytin
car,internet,glasses, space, computer, phone etc
that is power of innovation
Google keep it coming
Re: Google Talking Shoes Unveiled by Ejine(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Boko Haram to release video claiming responsibility for this.

What is GEJ doing?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simplest Way To Grow Hair: Brows, Lashes, Beards, and Whiskers (Castor Oil) / Permanent Cure For Dandruff / Which Body Lotion Do I Use On My Toddler?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.