Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. (94084 Views)

Mum Runs Mad Over News Of Death Of Baby She Waited Seven Years To Have / Please Vote For My Baby She Deserves It This Time / Please Which Good Cream Can I Use For My Kids 9m - 3yrs?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Bukifeso(f): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by CORDROSS: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Go to elewe omo sellers....this local women that sells herbs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by ogoplus: 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
CORDROSS: Go to elewe omo sellers....this local women that sells herbs

Your are right Elewe-Omo can help. But OP may not reside in Lagos or any of the South-Western state......
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by greatgod2012(f): 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Get shearbutter, mix a small portion of sivoderm, it works like magic......sivoderm is more mild on baby's skin than nixoderm.
Beware of these elewe-omos, you never know d composition of what they will give you to give you baby to drink, if its only cream they give you, its better, but once "agbo" is involved, you need to be more careful, its baby we are talking about here.
May God help us all.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by jokepearl(f): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Stop using baby oil it causes 'Ela', If you can, use only sheabutter or Adiagbon. Also from personal experience, Aveeno product seem to be better than Johnson's product.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
what is ela
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by omogemi: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
THAT THING CAN BE QUITE STUBBORN TO TREAT.IT A FUNGAL INFECTION. THERE IS A PARTICULAR LEAF THAT'S BOILED AND USED IN BATHING THE BABY. ITS KIND OF RED IN COLOUR I DONT KNOW IF U CAN GET IT AROUND. ASK NURSING OR ELDERLY MOTHERS TO DISCRIBE IT TO U. I GOT MINE FROM MY CHURCH COMPOUND. NEXT I USE SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT OIL AND TRIBACT(IT A NEW PRODUCT) MIXED TOGETHER. SOME PEOPLE USE FUNBACT A OR EPIDERM (SMALL AMOUNTS). NORMALLY THE ACTUAL THING IS SHEA BUTTER MIXED WITH ANY OF THESE CREAMS I MENTIONED BUT I ADD EXTRA EFFECT BY ADDING COCONUT OIL BCOZ OF ITS PROPERTIRES. PLEASE TRY IT. ITS NOT BABY OIL THAT CAUSES IT.
ANOTHER THING IS IF UR BABY SWEATS ALOT DURING THE NITE, TRY AND HELP CHANGE HER CLOTHES, NOT DIAPER EXCEPT OF COURSE IF U NEED TO. MOST TIMES SWEAT CAUSES IT.
PLS DONT GO TO HERBAL PEOPLE. IS IT AL OVER THE BODY OR THE HAIRLINE?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by toyemz(f): 11:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
again the question

what is ela?
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by omogemi: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
@toyemz,its a kind of infection that mostly affects babies. I understand it a fungal infection. The yoruba name is 'eela'. dnt knw if u can pronounce it well. It affects d hairline of babies causing hair loss. N also parts of d body causing smkinds of discolouration. I dnt knw how 2 xplin well but i hope ds lil explanatn will help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by zayhal(f): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sudocream works fine too. And then a lot of exposure. If the infection is around the buttocks, reduce the time that the baby wears diapers, allow plenty of fresh air on the affected parts because ela thrives in such concealed environment like buttocks and around the neck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Bukifeso(f): 12:08am On Mar 13, 2013
@omogeni, thanks so much. may you all eat the fruit of your labour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Aveeno.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by aniffy4eva(m): 1:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Eela!!! brings back the memories cheesy
Sometimes it is hereditary. Its possible you or(and) your husband had it as infants.

Well you can also use tribotan (for babies). Its an anti-fungal cream.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by baby124: 4:00am On Mar 13, 2013
omogemi: @toyemz,its a kind of infection that mostly affects babies. I understand it a fungal infection. The yoruba name is 'eela'. dnt knw if u can pronounce it well. It affects d hairline of babies causing hair loss. N also parts of d body causing smkinds of discolouration. I dnt knw how 2 xplin well but i hope ds lil explanatn will help.

Is it scabies or the cooties( Juust joking) grin. Maybe your baby has sensitive skin undecided. Try being careful with what you use on him. Wash your hands before dipping your hands into any of his products or touching him. If he has started cutting his hair, buy his own clipper and brush. I have sensitive skin, and I know instantly when someone has been in my stash cheesy
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by abubakrisideeq: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
Can this Eila make baby not to add weight? =omogemi post=14729731]THAT THING CAN BE QUITE STUBBORN TO TREAT.IT A FUNGAL INFECTION. THERE IS A PARTICULAR LEAF THAT'S BOILED AND USED IN BATHING THE BABY. ITS KIND OF RED IN COLOUR I DONT KNOW IF U CAN GET IT AROUND. ASK NURSING OR ELDERLY MOTHERS TO DISCRIBE IT TO U. I GOT MINE FROM MY CHURCH COMPOUND. NEXT I USE SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT OIL AND TRIBACT(IT A NEW PRODUCT) MIXED TOGETHER. SOME PEOPLE USE FUNBACT A OR EPIDERM (SMALL AMOUNTS). NORMALLY THE ACTUAL THING IS SHEA BUTTER MIXED WITH ANY OF THESE CREAMS I MENTIONED BUT I ADD EXTRA EFFECT BY ADDING COCONUT OIL BCOZ OF ITS PROPERTIRES. PLEASE TRY IT. ITS NOT BABY OIL THAT CAUSES IT.
ANOTHER THING IS IF UR BABY SWEATS ALOT DURING THE NITE, TRY AND HELP CHANGE HER CLOTHES, NOT DIAPER EXCEPT OF COURSE IF U NEED TO. MOST TIMES SWEAT CAUSES IT.
PLS DONT GO TO HERBAL PEOPLE. IS IT AL OVER THE BODY OR THE HAIRLINE?[/quote]
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by abubakrisideeq: 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
Can this Eila make baby not to add weight?

@Omogemi post=14729731]THAT THING CAN BE QUITE STUBBORN TO TREAT.IT A FUNGAL INFECTION. THERE IS A PARTICULAR LEAF THAT'S BOILED AND USED IN BATHING THE BABY. ITS KIND OF RED IN COLOUR I DONT KNOW IF U CAN GET IT AROUND. ASK NURSING OR ELDERLY MOTHERS TO DISCRIBE IT TO U. I GOT MINE FROM MY CHURCH COMPOUND. NEXT I USE SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT OIL AND TRIBACT(IT A NEW PRODUCT) MIXED TOGETHER. SOME PEOPLE USE FUNBACT A OR EPIDERM (SMALL AMOUNTS). NORMALLY THE ACTUAL THING IS SHEA BUTTER MIXED WITH ANY OF THESE CREAMS I MENTIONED BUT I ADD EXTRA EFFECT BY ADDING COCONUT OIL BCOZ OF ITS PROPERTIRES. PLEASE TRY IT. ITS NOT BABY OIL THAT CAUSES IT.
PLS DONT GO TO HERBAL PEOPLE. IS IT AL OVER THE BODY OR THE HAIRLINE?[/quote]
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by presentley: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Ringworm abi na dermatitis is what's being discussed here, we call it ela in yoruba.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by funmi4love(f): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
presentley:
Ringworm abi na dermatitis is what's being discussed here, we call it ela in yoruba.
ela is not ringworm, ringworm is lapalapa

3 Likes

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by ImaIma1(f): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
I heard it is caused by wearing too many clothes for the baby. That some mums wear thick clothes, cap, flannel,etc in our weather and it causes it
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by presentley: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
funmi4love:
ela is not ringworm, ringworm is lapalapa
noted ma'am. Dermatitis is the word?
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Beremx(f): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Use baby tribotan.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by realtalk19: 5:30am On Sep 22, 2017
apply baby tribotan to the affected area and use as diaper cream too after each change.

its very effective
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Nutase: 6:50am On Sep 22, 2017
Please avoid all these herbalist selling agbo. Shea butter is fine.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by ejlive: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
what is ELA?
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
Shea butter will definitely help. The unprocessed one.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Ufa1: 10:34am On May 27, 2018
Hello mommies in the house, Pls I need your urgent assistance on something. My Daughter has the skin infection call Eela in Yoruba and Alefo in Ibo.

Pls am on bended knees. I need help on how/what I can use to treat her. Its been quite some time since I first noticed the infection on her skin, say like 2 months now. She's just 4months now and I have used some prescribed drugs and cream on her, e.g vista plus, tribotan and some children antibiotics, but all seems abortive (none works) when I started using the items, it will seems as if it's working at first, the eela will vanish for some days and then will start reappearing again. As I speak, it's has also affect her hair, her hairline has started shading off.

I was told to use one red flower call acalypha, which am currently using now to bath and also give her some to drink morning and evening, and to be honest I don't really know for sure if it's working. Pls are there moms who has experienced same thing on their babies here? if yes, what did y'all use as cure?

Plus, I also met one Yoruba woman who gave me one back soap and a pinkish colour cream to use on her, Pls am just so skeptical using all these plenty stuffs on my "just" months old baby..So pls am here to seek help from you dear moms who might have experienced same on your babies to plssssssss help.

Thanks in anticipation, and Pls sorry for the long post.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 27, 2018
Ufa1:
Hello mommies in the house, Pls I need your urgent assistance on something. My Daughter has the skin infection call Eela in Yoruba and Alefo in Ibo.

Pls am on bended knees. I need help on how/what I can use to treat her. Its been quite some time since I first noticed the infection on her skin, say like 2 months now. She's just 4months now and I have used some prescribed drugs and cream on her, e.g vista plus, tribotan and some children antibiotics, but all seems abortive (none works) when I started using the items, it will seems as if it's working at first, the eela will vanish for some days and then will start reappearing again. As I speak, it's has also affect her hair, her hairline has started shading off.

I was told to use one red flower call acalypha, which am currently using now to bath and also give her some to drink morning and evening, and to be honest I don't really know for sure if it's working. Pls are there moms who has experienced same thing on their babies here? if yes, what did y'all use as cure?

Plus, I also met one Yoruba woman who gave me one back soap and a pinkish colour cream to use on her, Pls am just so skeptical using all these plenty stuffs on my "just" months old baby..So pls am here to seek help from you dear moms who might have experienced same on your babies to plssssssss help.

Thanks in anticipation, and Pls sorry for the long post.

Please stop giving her to drink.

My baby didn't have it but I know baby tribotan helps a lot with baby skin infections.
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by nahzyla: 6:15pm On May 27, 2018
Reduce the sugar in your/her diet to barest minimum. I heard that too much sugar aggravates it. Eat healthy but remove useless sweets if your still breastfeeding.

1 Like

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by Frankie4255: 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
Please I need your assistance. My baby is two weeks and she has chickenpox like infection. How can I treat it please. Help me oo see the picture on her shoulder
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by LadySarah: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
Frankie4255:
Please I need your assistance. My baby is two weeks and she has chickenpox like infection. How can I treat it please. Help me oo see the picture on her shoulder

my friend take her to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by DAVE5(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
omogemi:
THAT THING CAN BE QUITE STUBBORN TO TREAT.IT A FUNGAL INFECTION. THERE IS A PARTICULAR LEAF THAT'S BOILED AND USED IN BATHING THE BABY. ITS KIND OF RED IN COLOUR I DONT KNOW IF U CAN GET IT AROUND. ASK NURSING OR ELDERLY MOTHERS TO DISCRIBE IT TO U. I GOT MINE FROM MY CHURCH COMPOUND. NEXT I USE SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT OIL AND TRIBACT(IT A NEW PRODUCT) MIXED TOGETHER. SOME PEOPLE USE FUNBACT A OR EPIDERM (SMALL AMOUNTS). NORMALLY THE ACTUAL THING IS SHEA BUTTER MIXED WITH ANY OF THESE CREAMS I MENTIONED BUT I ADD EXTRA EFFECT BY ADDING COCONUT OIL BCOZ OF ITS PROPERTIRES. PLEASE TRY IT. ITS NOT BABY OIL THAT CAUSES IT.
PLS DONT GO TO HERBAL PEOPLE. IS IT AL OVER THE BODY OR THE HAIRLINE?

I attest to that flower; reddish/brownish in color, scarce

The ela really showed its power on my baby, I was feeling his pain all over my own body, flower worked magic, cleared it like a charm

Some say it’s babies that have tendency to be fat that have it, me no fit allow my children fat sha, their papa no get fat
Re: Which Cream Can I Use For My Baby She Has These "Ela" On Her Body. by DAVE5(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
LadySarah:

my friend take her to the hospital.

Hospital help would be very very slow while the baby suffer

Took my baby to hospital, injections and other stuffs were administered, meanwhile it kept eating more space on his body

Got a flower, boiled and used, the thing cleared with speed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Zimbabwean Married Woman Thanks Wrong Man For ‘Hot Sex’ / My Husband Can’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.