Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality (17490 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by efosanice: 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
coogar:
this is the most idiotic comment ever typed on this forum. i doubt any other comment would rival this for a long long time. polygamy degrades women? oh my gosh!
You mean your own comment right?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
efosanice:
You mean your own comment right?

i mean yours - you homoerotic nuisance!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by efosanice: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
but honestly, i don't think people threaten to kill gays in Nigeria, just saying.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Elebiju: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
Most of u guys on this thread are involved in this homosexual thing,I know u guys are here to know d opinions of nigerian youths,bleep d pope for all I care but don't look for cheap popularity like this bloody gay.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
efosanice: but honestly, i don't people threaten to kill gays in Nigeria, just saying.

it's against the law in nigeria. the culture and the religion of most nigerians abhor the act! it has no place in nigeria. we have a lot of problems on our hands already. western civilization should not force homoeroticism in nigeria. we have enough to deal with already.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by MicroBox: 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Dolemite: and now home boy is in a better country enjoying a better life style while holier than thou Nigerians are still wallowing in poverty!!! so who won in the end...ahahhahah
My guy the end is not now but hereafter,
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Klinee: 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
the_ripper: Too many Gay stories nowadays on nairaland. Is there some sort of covert Evangelism we aint aware of?
i wonder oo.evryday gay! Gay!.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by cutiebaby: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
i wonder if dis bloody gay has parents and relations. Anyway, may d mercyful God save his soul.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by touchmeder: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
collins.123:
[size=14pt]If you watched this documentary, then you're definitely GAY.

Im not homophobic tho!
[/size]

I did and i am not gay. I remember watching this episode on Funmi Iyanda and i thought to myself they have put their hands on the plough. I felt even more sorry for Bisi because i knew it would be very hard for him subsequently. Gay is not and will never be my thing but its wrong they tormented this boy. Most may disagree but thats my opinion lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by manny4life(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
touchmeder:

I did and i am not gay. I remember watching this episode on Funmi Iyanda and i thought to myself they have put their hands on the plough. I felt even more sorry for Bisi because i knew it would be very hard for him subsequently. Gay is not and will never be my thing but its wrong they tormented this boy. Most may disagree but thats my opinion lipsrsealed

You better retrieve your comment else you're called GAY. grin
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Dolemite(f): 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
MicroBox:
My guy the end is not now but hereafter,
A white man feeds you fairy tales and you believe it as truth, how sure are you there is a hereafter?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Klinee: 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
touchmeder:

u are a gay shut up.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Klinee: u are a gay shut up.

he's not gay, he just felt sorry for the brutality the bisi guy went through in nigeria. people feel sorry for armed robbers getting maimed via jungle justice too. does that make them robbers?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by manny4life(m): 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
coogar:

he's not gay, he just felt sorry for the brutality the bisi guy went through in nigeria. people feel sorry for armed robbers getting maimed via jungle justice too. does that make them robbers?

Coogar, ahhh, I need to dance Azonto today..

First time I have to agree with you on a social issues like this... shocked shocked

Anyway, how u dey bros?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
manny4life:
Coogar, ahhh, I need to dance Azonto today..
First time I have to agree with you on a social issues like this... shocked shocked
Anyway, how u dey bros?

i am having the best time of my life, and you?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by sweetgala(m): 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
martinseme: People are kidding with their eternal destination after judgement. A normal healthy human has a lot of cravings which when they contravene law of acceptable norms has to be subdued. We all have the desire to satisfy our pleasure for lust,fame,physical arousals (for fellows same sex,opposite sex,animals and in animate objects), and wealth. But due to the need to maintain social order and cultural norms we have to keep our desires in check and live within the confine of laid down laws. When people now allow their desires to rule over their sense of social justice by breaking laws it then predisposes them to be liable to face punishment be it temporal or permanent. Homosexual is a grave sin against the law of eternal retribution and its offenders are damnable in hell.

Have you thought what might be socially acceptable now would not be in the future.
To Everyman the right to self determination .. Nah your yansh.
There is no vex about it ,make we just drop this LGBT trashing and face the important issue .. The gays would sort themselves out
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by sweetgala(m): 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Dolemite:
A white man feeds you fairy tales and you believe it as truth, how sure are you there is a hereafter?

Stop this your white man this and white man that angry, have you ever considered that Caucasians face a similar mountain of work everyday of their lives they have no free time to be dreaming up mega plans of African downfall.
The way Africans are they don't need to do much just sit and watch. No be your GEJ talk say his god asked him to pardon a convicted criminal. Bunch of hypocrites. angry
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
sweet_gala:

Have you thought what might be socially acceptable now would not be in the future.
To Everyman the right to self determination .. Nah your yansh.
There is no vex about it ,make we just drop this LGBT trashing and face the important issue .. The gays would sort themselves out

Exactly...and we will.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Adekdammy: 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
bro demola(bisi alimi) you knew God, those days in the high crusaders at 4sq ofada, u were once a general in d army of God, vibrant for d Lord and all of a sudden u changed,now a gay activist, well i wont condemn you but will always pray 4 u to retrace ur steps back to God like d prodigal son, i will arise and go back to my father......God can still redeem you, u touched lives den, go back to ur first love.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by babylast(f): 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
ijebabe: "Asylum - Bisi," a short documentary film about Bisi Alim, who was one of the first Nigerians to openly discuss his homosexuality on national television and as a result, has put his life of the line.

Alimi faced death threats, stiff opposition, physical and verbal attacks because of his sexual orientation and for his decision to be openly gay.

Now a gay right activist and works with HIV/AIDS programmes, Alimi found asylum in the United Kingdom. He’s documentary features Funmi Iyanda and is also shortlisted for American Public Broadcasting Service Online Film Festival (PBS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJX4fUdOZKU
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Adekdammy: 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
cutie baby: i wonder if dis bloody gay has parents and relations. Anyway, may d mercyful God save his soul.
yea he has parents, inshort well respected, some of d siblings are devoted xtians and he led so many of dem to christ , he nids prayers and not condemnatn
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by manny4life(m): 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Adekdammy: yea he has parents, inshort well respected, some of d siblings are devoted xtians and he led so many of dem to christ , he nids prayers and not condemnatn

Amen to that brother, GOD is an all loving GOD.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Dolemite(f): 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
sweet_gala:

Stop this your white man this and white man that angry, have you ever considered that Caucasians face a similar mountain of work everyday of their lives they have no free time to be dreaming up mega plans of African downfall.
The way Africans are they don't need to do much just sit and watch. No be your GEJ talk say his god asked him to pardon a convicted criminal. Bunch of hypocrites. angry
WTF are you blabbing about?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
Adekdammy: bro demola(bisi alimi) you knew God, those days in the high crusaders at 4sq ofada, u were once a general in d army of God, vibrant for d Lord and all of a sudden u changed,now a gay activist, well i wont condemn you but will always pray 4 u to retrace ur steps back to God like d prodigal son, i will arise and go back to my father......God can still redeem you, u touched lives den, go back to ur first love.

so you know this guy from his early years?
please tell us more about him. where did he live? which school? what was his teenage years like? was he abused as a child? sodomised by pedophilēs? how does one change from a soldier of God to a flaming faggöt overnight?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by sweetgala(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Dolemite:
WTF are you blabbing about?

I'm telling you no stupid white man or witch from your fathers home is responsible for your inadequacy in life, or the present Nigerian situations.
Face front and work harder angry
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:

You argument about polygamy is a lil stu-pid. Polygamy is illegal in most countries as a way to protect women's right. Your African fathers were getting married to these women not because they loved them but as a way to "enslave" them and their kids.
It's sad that an intelligent young man/woman like you in the 21st century is talking about the legalization of polygamy. This is just exactly what's wrong with Nigeria. We educated africans need to get away from our obsolete/archaic beliefs. It's absolutely not going to get us anywhere.
You absolutely do not have to be for gay marriage but atleast recognize that there are people out there that are gay and you should respect that.
In the next decade or so, this whole gay marriage controversy will be history.
May Amadioha shave your mouth for that.Where is it written that marrying more than one wife is not good?That is how those nasty people from western world keep deceiving us.Polygamy is part of our culture and no id.iot can stop that but this animalistic act called Homosexuality is alien to us.Until Westerners accept Polygamy the issue of Homosexuality is a farce and insanity to me
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
coogar:

so you know this guy from his early years?
please tell us more about him. where did he live? which school? what was his teenage years like? was he abused as a child? sodomised by pedophilēs? how does one change from a soldier of God to a flaming faggöt overnight?

He has always been gay, just cos he didn't publicise it back then in his secondary school doesn't mean otherwise.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Dolemite(f): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
sweet_gala:

I'm telling you no stupid white man or witch from your fathers home is responsible for your inadequacy in life, or the present Nigerian situations.
Face front and work harder angry
Did you even read my post before you started blabbing?, sure you're alright in the head?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Adekdammy: 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
masonkz:

He has always been gay, just cos he didn't publicise it back then in his secondary school doesn't mean otherwise.
dat means u knew him den in sec sch? Well we were in d same church, though older than me and his zeal for christ den will make me doubt d sec sch stuff, though its possible but in all bro demola was vibrant for christ, lets stop condemnin him, he needs our prayers,he is not too big for God to redeem.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by denzel2009: 12:02am On Mar 21, 2013
The problem is that Nigerians can't identify gay until they declare they are gays. It has been practised in Nigeria for long thats why you hear people saying someone guys behave like girls.

Bisi Alimi is gay and he his HIV+ thats why he has been working NGOs to spread the knowledge.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by sweetgala(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2013
chingyjant:
May Amadioha shave your mouth for that.Where is it written that marrying more than one wife is not good?That is how those nasty people from western world keep deceiving us.Polygamy is part of our culture and no id.iot can stop that but this animalistic act called Homosexuality is alien to us.Until Westerners accept Polygamy the issue of Homosexuality is a farce and insanity to me

Polygamy is not a stupid part of our bloody culture. It is a stupid act we allowed to grow and become accepted.
If you descend from a true polygamous home you would never wish it on your enemy.
On this same NL a topic of how a lady poisoned and stabbed her husband for daring to introduce a second wife exists as deterrence for young men to avoid such a life .
Polygamy breeds hatred, jealousy, vengeance and all sorts of evil calculations. The death of the patriarch always develops into mini wars.

If you are not polygamous and never will why are you here supporting such a practice
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by porka: 12:18am On Mar 21, 2013
johnkent:

You argument about polygamy is a lil stu-pid. Polygamy is illegal in most countries as a way to protect women's right. Your African fathers were getting married to these women not because they loved them but as a way to "enslave" them and their kids.
It's sad that an intelligent young man/woman like you in the 21st century is talking about the legalization of polygamy. This is just exactly what's wrong with Nigeria. We educated africans need to get away from our obsolete/archaic beliefs. It's absolutely not going to get us anywhere.
You absolutely do not have to be for gay marriage but atleast recognize that there are people out there that are gay and you should respect that.
In the next decade or so, this whole gay marriage controversy will be history.

We shall see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent / Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board / BBNaija: Saga, Nini's Relationship Might Be Fake – Pere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.