Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,807 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

The Bible And Science - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And Science (1016 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / Christianity And Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible And Science by bawomolo(m): 5:04am On Mar 25, 2008
how relevant is the bibe when it comes to science?

1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun

6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

why no archaeological evidence of these giants??

Genesis 6:14-15
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Noah's ark is 450 feet long. The largest wooden ships ever built were just over 300 feet, and they required diagonal iron strapping for support. Even so, they leaked so badly that they had to be pumped constantly. Are we to believe that Noah, with no shipbuilding knowledge, was able to construct a wooden ship longer than any that has been built since?

but not only was the ark too big to be seaworthy, it was far too small to be able to contain the earth's millions of plant and animal species.

Genesis 11:1
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

"The whole earth was of one language." This could not be true, since by this time (supposedly around 2400 BCE) there were already many languages, each unintelligible to the others. This is even admitted earlier in Genesis (10:5, 10:20, 10:31) where other languages are mentioned before the tower of Babel was supposedly constructed.

Leviticus
11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud , but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not "chew the cud."

Job

5:31 So let all thine enemies perish, O LORD: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.

9:7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.

the sun doesn't revolve around the earth nor does it move. the bible promotes geocentricity

Psalm
58:8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

snails don't melt, they only leave a slimy trail as they move along.

there's more to come
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2008
na wa o. . . maybe you should start your own Anti-Christ group eh?
Re: The Bible And Science by bawomolo(m): 3:46am On Mar 26, 2008
na wa o. . . maybe you should start your own Anti-Christ group eh?

we could start our love boat kiss. so what do u think of the thread
Re: The Bible And Science by Maykelly(f): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
The HOLY BIBLE and Science do not have any thing in COMMON. Science is a man research whereas the HOLY BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD. I rather say that Science is irelevant to the things written in the "HOLY BIBLE which was the TRUE WORD OF GOD - and the only certified and comfirmed HOLY BOOK.
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2008
bawomolo:

so what do u think of the thread
i think the science is just another way for people to Contradict the Bible. . .bawamolo, i'll really like to know. . . are you a Christian? or do you believe in science?

bawomolo:

we could start our love boat
Ok, start constructing the boat, i'll just go inside and rest. when you're done making the boat, call me so i can knock it down. shotigbo?
Re: The Bible And Science by bawomolo(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2008
i think the science is just another way for people to Contradict the Bible. . .bawamolo, i'll really like to know. . . are you a Christian? or do you believe in science?

i'm atheist but i was raised baptist. science gives a much better explanation of how the earth works compared to the holy books of today.

Ok, start constructing the boat, i'll just go inside and rest. when you're done making the boat, call me so i can knock it down. shotigbo?

aww hard to get  grin grin grin
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2008
bawomolo:

i'm atheist but i am baptist.
ha!! no wonder. i've been wondering sha. . .but plz dnt mind if i ask. , how do you cope with being an atheist and being a Christian. you've ever heard of this, you cannot worship two God. . .actually there is only one God. . .well, i respect your religion, just answer the question sha

bawomolo:

aww hard to get grin grin grin
there's only one playa in this game o. . . tongue you're playing with yourself grin
Re: The Bible And Science by JayFK(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2008
May kelly:

The HOLY BIBLE and Science do not have any thing in COMMON. Science is a man research whereas the HOLY BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD. I rather say that Science is irelevant to the things written in the "HOLY BIBLE which was the TRUE WORD OF GOD - and the only certified and comfirmed HOLY BOOK.

How do you know the bible is the "word of God" how exactly does one verify that? I thought the Bible was written by men who "claimed" to be inspired by God? Do you just take their word for it rather than question it? Science is irrelevant to things written in the word of God, because science and its applications are actually relevant to humans, science refers to any systematic knowledge or practice or practice, one might call it the pursuit of knowledge, I however fail to see how Tehhhh holy bible helps us pursue knowledge rather it preys on people, taking away their ability to think for themselves. That's why you have people trying to defend such idiocies like Noah's ark, the creation story and of course the malignant Narcissist of a god that it promotes. The difference between the bible and science is that science is forever going forward while the bible is forever stagnant wallowing in ignorance and preying on the fear and insecurities of those who believe in it. If people take from the bible what they will, like the message of love, forgiveness and all the ooey gooey stuff that would be perfectly okay, but 80% of the bible is filled with contradictions of how God loves you and at the same time wants to kill you, and this is just laughable to me.

1 Like

Re: The Bible And Science by JayFK(m): 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2008
bawomolo:

i'm atheist but i am baptist. science gives a much better explanation of how the earth works compared to the holy books of today.

aww hard to get grin grin grin

yeah dude, how exactly does that work? being atheist and baptist at the same time?
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2008
JayFK:

How do you know the bible is the "word of God" how exactly does one verify that? I thought the Bible was written by men who "claimed" to be inspired by God? Do you just take their word for it rather than question it? Science is irrelevant to things written in the word of God, because science and its applications are actually relevant to humans, science refers to any systematic knowledge or practice or practice, one might call it the pursuit of knowledge, I however fail to see how Tehhhh holy bible helps us pursue knowledge rather it preys on people, taking away their ability to think for themselves. That's why you have people trying to defend such idiocies like Noah's ark, the creation story and of course the malignant Narcissist of a god that it promotes. The difference between the bible and science is that science is forever going forward while the bible is forever stagnant wallowing in ignorance and preying on the fear and insecurities of those who believe in it. If people take from the bible what they will, like the message of love, forgiveness and all the ooey gooey stuff that would be perfectly okay, but 80% of the bible is filled with contradictions of how God loves you and at the same time wants to kill you, and this is just laughable to me.

totally makes sense, but i dnt agree with you sha
Re: The Bible And Science by bawomolo(m): 12:45am On Mar 27, 2008
yeah dude, how exactly does that work? being atheist and baptist at the same time?

typo, i was raised baptist.
Re: The Bible And Science by bawomolo(m): 12:49am On Mar 27, 2008
ha!! no wonder. i've been wondering sha. . .but plz dnt mind if i ask. , how do you cope with being an atheist and being a Christian. you've ever heard of this, you cannot worship two God. . .actually there is only one God. . .well, i respect your religion, just answer the question sha

actually no, i meant i was raised baptist but i don't subcribe to the doctrine at all. although the bible is hogwash for the most part, there are few moral lessons that could be found in the bible. most bible texts should be taken allegorically and not literally. how do u know there is one God too, can't there be many God's?? do u think science should take a backseat to the bible.

there's only one playa in this game o.

hata, your heart would crumble in no time kiss
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 27, 2008
bawomolo:

actually no, i meant i was raised baptist but i don't subcribe to the doctrine at all. although the bible is hogwash for the most part, there are few moral lessons that could be found in the bible. most bible texts should be taken allegorically and not literally. how do u know there is one God too, can't there be many God's?? do u think science should take a backseat to the bible.
so you think believing in science is the way to know if there's only one God or more gods? omo, so let's say, you think biology will tell you if Lucifer was once an angel or not?
i dnt think that science should even question the Bible at all

bawomolo:

hata, your heart would crumble in no time kiss
eh en? omo, you'll wait a long time for it to crumble o. . .abeg, leave my heart alone, i like it healthy grin
Re: The Bible And Science by bawomolo(m): 3:27am On Mar 27, 2008
so you think believing in science is the way to know if there's only one God or more gods? omo, so let's say, you think biology will tell you if Lucifer was once an angel or not?
i dnt think that science should even question the Bible at all

why shouldn't science question the bible at all should we take everything in the bible literally. if the bible is the word of GOD(God is supposed to be right all the time), then why are their parts of the bible that don't agree with scientific facts. do u believe in geocentricity how possible was it for noah to build the ark with the technology present at the time??

eh en? omo, you'll wait a long time for it to crumble o. . .abeg, leave my heart alone, i like it healthy

i would mend it back together after it crumbles grin grin
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 27, 2008
bawomolo:

why shouldn't science question the bible at all should we take everything in the bible literally. if the bible is the word of GOD(God is supposed to be right all the time), then why are their parts of the bible that don't agree with scientific facts. do u believe in geocentricity how possible was it for noah to build the ark with the technology present at the time??

eyah, omo, you'r deep in it. . .dnt worry, i'll pray for you and for myself sha. . .

bawomolo:

i would mend it back together after it crumbles grin grin
i' rather you don't. . .it can't be mendable once broken. so dnt even try. . .i heard that needles and threads are painful cry
Re: The Bible And Science by dTouch: 11:10am On Apr 10, 2008
Let me recommend this site (www.lwf.org) to you folks where I got the following:

“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luke 21:28
I wonder what would happen if scientists began making a human being from the cell of another human being. We are living in strange days, are we not? But I want to tell you; our hope is not to be found in science. There’s no blessing in the book of science. Friend, the blessing is in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. When I see things like cloning come to pass they do not shake me. Sometimes they grieve me or sadden me, but they do not shake me because I know God’s Word. I know it is the fulfillment of prophecy, and I can say with all of the saints, “Praise God! It’s getting gloriously dark.”
The next time you read something in the paper that shadows the end times, use it as an open door to share the Second Coming of Jesus with someone." grin grin grin
Re: The Bible And Science by Mescopaul(m): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
bawomolo: how relevant is the bibe when it comes to science?

1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun

6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

why no archaeological evidence of these giants??

Genesis 6:14-15
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Noah's ark is 450 feet long. The largest wooden ships ever built were just over 300 feet, and they required diagonal iron strapping for support. Even so, they leaked so badly that they had to be pumped constantly. Are we to believe that Noah, with no shipbuilding knowledge, was able to construct a wooden ship longer than any that has been built since?

but not only was the ark too big to be seaworthy, it was far too small to be able to contain the earth's millions of plant and animal species.

Genesis 11:1
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

"The whole earth was of one language." This could not be true, since by this time (supposedly around 2400 BCE) there were already many languages, each unintelligible to the others. This is even admitted earlier in Genesis (10:5, 10:20, 10:31) where other languages are mentioned before the tower of Babel was supposedly constructed.

Leviticus
11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud , but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not "chew the cud."

Job

5:31 So let all thine enemies perish, O LORD: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.

9:7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.

the sun doesn't revolve around the earth nor does it move. the bible promotes geocentricity

Psalm
58:8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

snails don't melt, they only leave a slimy trail as they move along.

there's more to come

I think the devil is at work in this fellow. You better start thinking of being rapturable, Christ is coming again. When you sink in hell then you'll find answers to your questions. angry
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Mescopaul: I think the devil is at work in this fellow. You better start thinking of being rapturable, Christ is coming again. When you sink in hell then you'll find answers to your questions. angry
and now he is already dead.. Oh my God.. Have mercy on our souls. Quicken us to holiness and righteousness.. Emmyskies u really need to see this.. Its painful look at the guy's signature and his mocking thread.. And he was shot dead years ago.. And wen they get to eternity they will remember that highyo was right.. But by then it will be too late
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 20, 2014
eros: I hope you are enjoying Heaven Bawomolo and praying for your Nairaland folks to join you when the time is right.

R, I.P. Mate
hmmmmm really?
Re: The Bible And Science by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 20, 2014
Aryyor:

^^^ Bawomolo declared he was an atheist and would probably give you a 'lol' if you wished him that while he was here with us.

BTW, he was a very intelligent young man. He commented on some controversial issues yet he argued brilliantly; neither rude, insultive nor proud. He was indeed a gentleman.

Now that he's dead, what if he came to find out that there is indeed God. God, whom he brilliantly argued and reasoned out of his life,
I wonder where Bawomolo is now. Is he in hell? Is he in heaven? Or is he nowhere; in a state of nothingness? I really wonder,
there is God o all atheist are but mere dust,, message to all athiest, free thinkers and pagans.. U all should repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and the ever merciful God will become ur Father. Despite ur railings on Him He will forgive u for He is ever merciful and has no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Re: The Bible And Science by Mescopaul(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2014
ProphetUdeme: and now he is already dead.. Oh my God.. Have mercy on our souls. Quicken us to holiness and righteousness.. Emmyskies u really need to see this.. Its painful look at the guy's signature and his mocking thread.. And he was shot dead years ago.. And wen they get to eternity they will remember that highyo was right.. But by then it will be too late
U mean d fellow is dead?? Oh! What a pity! I hope he might hav found answers 2 all his questions now. Frnds is high time i tel u guys d truth, Jesus loves u all, he is eva ready 2 pardon ur sins, pls, pls and pls turn 2 christ today. Just say this simple prayer frm ur heart: Lord Jesus, i am sorry 4 all i've done, for all the bad things i hav done, i beliv dat u died 4 my sins, i beliv dat u r d son of God, i ask u 2 come into my heart now, i promise neva 2 go bak again, thank u lord 4 hearing me, in Jesus name, Amen. If u had said dat praya frm ur heart, den u r nw a child of God! For more spiritual advice add me on fbk with Mescopaul or call 08134728659. God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Bible And Science by emmyskies(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
ProphetUdeme: and now he is already dead.. Oh my God.. Have mercy on our souls. Quicken us to holiness and righteousness.. Emmyskies u really need to see this.. Its painful look at the guy's signature and his mocking thread.. And he was shot dead years ago.. And wen they get to eternity they will remember that highyo was right.. But by then it will be too late
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked oh my goodness!!! Oh my goodness!!! Imagine!!! Eiya, when you keep telling this people, they don't hear!!! Oh my goodness, gone for eternity. Now he know what he's been joking with. Atheist thread do blow here, I wish mods can move this thread to front page. Eiya!!! We are all mere dust, eternity awaits us all. All these atheist, them no dey hear word. Eiya, what a pity. Him don die now. Oh my goodness!!! All atheist should take heed. Oh brother, imagine, what a pity!!!! Eiya cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Garden Of Eden? / An Atheist's Argument: Views On The Paradox Between Christian Beliefs / Actions / Nigerian Chorister In The Vatican Accused Of Hiring Rent Boys!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.