Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted (4098 Views)

Do You Know That Many Verses Has Been Deleted From NIV, ESV? See Deleted Verses / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? / Shocking Discovery About NIV Bible. (a Must-read For True Believers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
My believe is that the devil wants to take over the church, starting from you reading this- one person at a time.
The devil wants to take over the world through the new world order. But, the devil is not waiting for that time anymore. He is already implementing a new way.

Today I shall be discussing on how Satan has taken over the church through the Bible you read everyday. The word of God (Bible) is under attack today. Most people say that, well, the King James Version is good, great translation and very poetic but its old fashioned. I am going to show and prove to you that it’s far deeper than that and that these new versions of the bible are Satan’s attempt in corrupting the word of God. There are some changes in these versions of the bible that are Satanic and heretical and that these changes are not accidental, minor, inconsequential changes; But these changes are strategic changes, they are calculated to attack specific doctrine that the bible teaches.

I want you to understand, according to Ephesians 5:12

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

There are so many people in high places who through their influences promotes these corrupted bibles, through advertisement, they approve of you reading other versions of bible but they forbids you reading the Kind James Version, they say is not understandable. From research, the number one bible today is not the King James Version; it is the New International Version (NIV), number two is the King James Bible, number three is the New Living Translation (NLT), number four is the New King James Version (NKJV) and number five is the English Standard Version (ESV). There are of course, hundreds of translation, but time will fail me to go through all these versions. I am going to base my discussion on these five versions; focus would be on the rest four corrupted versions in comparison with the KJV.

The NIV is missing 16 verses; yes you read right, 16 entire verses from the New Testament, I am not even talking about thousands of changes made, but 16 good and doctrinal verses are missing! Matthew 17:21 missing, Luke 17:36 missing, Matthew 18:11 missing , Luke 23:17 missing, Matthew 23:14 missing, John 5:4 missing, Mark 7:16 missing, Acts 8:37 missing, Mark 9:44 missing, Acts 15:34 missing, Mark 9:46 missing, Acts 24:7 missing, Mark 11:26 missing, Acts 28:29 missing, Mark 15:28 missing and, Romans 16:24 missing!

Omission of the Salvation and the Gospel of Forgiveness
Now take your KJV bible and open to Acts 8:37

“And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God”

A clear analysis of the verse above indicates and dictates out loudly how a sinner can be saved, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And what happened next to the eunuch was that he got saved. Initially from verse 36 the eunuch asked Philip what was stopping him from getting baptized and he told him what he needed to do to be saved and at that point he got saved and he was baptized.

Now open your NIV Bible and open to Acts 8:36-38

“36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” [37] [c] 38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him”

What’s missing, the entire verse of 37. Missing! According to the NIV nothing was stopping the eunuch from getting saved and baptized. They just stopped the chariot and he baptized him. What’s actually missing? THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST! What’s missing? THE GOSPEL! This is a total attack on the Lord Jesus Christ, through the very Bible; the word of God.
The NIV not only omitted some of these verses but they also put notes on 27 other verses, saying these verses are probably not in the original, again causing you to doubt God’s word. Verses like Mark 15:16

“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”

Luke 23:34

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Which alternatively means, these verses probably do not have any authority anyway- imagine that.

Deity of Jesus Christ
As Christians we believe that Jesus Christ was God in flesh, but this what modern versions of the Bible constantly and intentionally attacked. According to 1 John 5:7
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one” –KJV
This where we get the word “Trinity”. 3 in 1, these 3 are 1. But, the NIV on the other hand,
“for there are three that testify” – NIV

Imagine that, it doesn’t mention the Father, doesn’t mention the Word and it doesn’t mention the Holy Ghost and it does not mention that the three are one!

Another evidence is 1Timothy 3:16
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” – KJV
It was God that was manifested in flesh, it was God that was justified in the Spirit and who lived amongst mortals. It was crystal clear that in verse 16, that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.

Another proof that Jesus Christ is God is in Hebrews 1:8
“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”

So, according to the verse above, what is the Bible calling the Son (Jesus) there; God! But listen to the NIV

“But about the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a sceptre of justice will be the sceptre of your kingdom”

NIV also attacked Christ’s virgin birth. In Luke 2:33
“And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.” – KJV
The NIV, ESV and the NLT on the other hand

“The child’s father and mother marvelled at what was said about him.” - NIV
“And his father and his mother marvelled at what was said about him.” - ESV
“Jesus’ parents were amazed at what was being said about him.” – NLT

Here we see that the NIV and these other versions are calling Joseph, Jesus’s father. Something that the King James version was careful to never do. Was Joseph the father of Jesus Christ? He was a stepfather of Jesus Christ, I will give him that, but he’s not the father of Jesus Christ even biologically proven.
Infact, in the latter part of this chapter, Mary called Joseph, Jesus’ father, but Jesus corrected her immediately. In verse 48

“And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? Behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

And Jesus Christ immediately correct her in verse 49 And he said unto them, how is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?”

He Jesus was doing his father’s business, preaching the word of God. Saying Joseph is not my father, God the Father is my father. Some would even say, see, this is bible calling Joseph Jesus’ father; NO! that is Mary calling Joseph Jesus’ father, and she was immediately corrected.

Not only these, they also attacked Jesus’ Eternal Pre-existence

Jesus Christ has always existed even before he was born in Bethlehem. He was, He is and He is going to be. He is the first and last, the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega; all these are crucial to his deity and so if he is a created being, that proofs false is existence as God. The bible in Micah 5:2 says

“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

Here in Micah 5:2, the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ is from everlasting. He has no beginning, he was God in flesh, he was in the beginning with God and he is God! Now, from everlasting, is something that comes from the eternal past, infinite past, something that has always existed. Now listen to the NIV

“But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose ORIGINS are from of old, from ancient times.”

Now, what’s Origin? That’s when something starts to exist. May I ask you a question? Did Jesus start to exist at some point? So if Jesus Christ had an origin, then he is not God, because God has always existed and he is God!

to be continued
cc: Seun
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Vicel: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
The word of God is unfathomable!
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by swaggzo(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by obemede1: 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
every thing here are clear and truth, well done bro
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Davidson267(m): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by daveP(m): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hmmm.... Revealing!

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by elantraceey(f): 2:22am On Apr 12, 2015
What exactly is the bible? It is a book that contains the word of God which originally was written in Hebrew and was then translated to English first by King James then other translations come into play . Do you know how many words king James wrongly interpreted in the bible or those he omitted? If the original transcript is brought to you can you translate it? Then why should you claim that one translation is real and others is fake because of some changes made? Sire wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Hawlahscho(m): 2:23am On Apr 12, 2015
Patiently waiting for the topic to hit front page gbam!
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Fari9482: 4:06am On Apr 12, 2015
elantraceey:
What exactly is the bible? It is a book that contains the word of God which originally was written in Hebrew and was then translated to English first by King James then other translations come into play . Do you know how many words king James wrongly interpreted in the bible or those he omitted? If the original transcript is brought to you can you translate it? Then why should you claim that one translation is real and others is fake because of some changes made? Sire wisdom is profitable to direct.

I agree, why is the KJV held up above all others?

Was the KJV the very first bible on the planet? If it was not the first bible then why is there a position that the KJV is the only bible, and the only so called "inspired bible." Who decided that the books we have today is the bible? We do know there are other books that are not included in the so called Cannon right? So what about those books?

We can only say the Bible is the word of God based on the Bible, correct? Are there other books written that are equally held as being inspired that endorse that belief?

Please I have a hard time with circular reasoning, so those who want to quote bible verses to me to show why it is the Word of God, is just circular reasoning. We really should not use circular reasoning, that is using the book to validate the same book. I know that is what is done however it does not really help in my view.

What were people doing before this KJV? Is it the position that before the KJV there was no word of God? My poor ancestors that never read, and never read English are doomed I suppose. They did not have a bible.
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by cupidhero(m): 6:24am On Apr 12, 2015
elantraceey:
KJV is widely accepted because most of the other bibles have verses that were tampered with. One of them is even published by the same people publishing the satanic bible by anton lavy
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
elantraceey:

You are very wrong.
The Bible is the inspired word of God that carries the universal doctrine of the Lord, instilled into the heart of several of authors.

And again, you are wrong, KJV isn't the first English translation. KJV came into incession in 1611, before then there were several other English translated Bible. William Tyndale, of course known as the father of English, the actual inventor of the English Language that we speak today, translated the original text of the scripture into the first English version, and that was in 1534- which became the must hunted book back then, this gave room for the reformation work and Protestantism in England.

Original text of the New testament scripture was in Greek and the Old testament in Hebrew

Again and Again you are wrong, what words were omitted from the original script? For your information 37 scholars were involved in the translation of the original text into English version of KJV for seven good years, scholars from different part of the world, and in fact an Arabian was amongst them; this was done to give a clearer picture of the days of the scriptures.

so get your facts right!
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Fari9482:

I agree, why is the KJV held up above all others?

Was the KJV the very first bible on the planet? If it was not the first bible then why is there a position that the KJV is the only bible, and the only so called "inspired bible." Who decided that the books we have today is the bible? We do know there are other books that are not included in the so called Cannon right? So what about those books?

We can only say the Bible is the word of God based on the Bible, correct? Are there other books written that are equally held as being inspired that endorse that belief?

Please I have a hard time with circular reasoning, so those who want to quote bible verses to me to show why it is the Word of God, is just circular reasoning. We really should not use circular reasoning, that is using the book to validate the same book. I know that is what is done however it does not really help in my view.

What were people doing before this KJV? Is it the position that before the KJV there was no word of God? My poor ancestors that never read, and never read English are doomed I suppose. They did not have a bible.

Hello brother, I don't want to argue with you, But I would like that you read Galatians 1:6-9. May the Lord open your inner eyes. Amen
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Continuation

NIV called Jesus Satan,

Isaiah 14:12

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of he morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! - KJV

Only one place in the entire bible, will you find the word 'Lucifer'. And if I should ask you who Lucifer is, you would most likely tell me its Satan. Ask anyone, even without a religion, they would most like say 'Satan'; and the only you I knew that Satan's name is Lucifer is Isaiah 14:!2. So from that verse, could be deduced that the title of Lucifer is 'son of the morning'. Now from Revelation 22:16 says

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star - KJV

That was Jesus speaking in that verse. If I may ask, what did Jesus call himself? The morning star; that's his title. So both the KJV and the NIV in that part of the book of Revelation stated that Jesus Christ is the morning star. Now, read the NIV in Isaiah 14:12

How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
They intentionally referred to Jesus. Don't tell me, its a typographical error! Even so, instead of Satan to be cast of heaven, in the NIV, you have Jesus been cast out of heaven. You need to understand as a christian, we were told and we read that Lucifer, that is Satan, was cast out of heaven and not the Lord Jesus Christ, for wanting to be like the most high! That's blasphemy, blasphemy to the persons of Christ!

You see, the devil is very wise and clever. The word of God has great power, it reads in Hebrew 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The devil knows that if he can disarm our arms as Christians (which is the word of God); he can defeat us. For example, take a look into history, when a man wants to conquer a group of people, you know what proceeds conquering? They disarms those people of their weapons. The government would tell you, we want to remove your guns, because we want to protect you, they are doing that because when they come after you, you can't fight back. For example in 1929, the Soviet Union established the gun control, but between 1929 and 1953, 20 million political dissident were killed; in 1935 Germany established gun control between 1935 and 1945 13 million Jews and other were killed. In 1935 China established gun control and began to disarm her people between 1948 and 1952 20 million political dissident in China were killed. In like manner, the enemy is constantly trying to take your weapons away not to defend you, but so that you cannot defend yourself. So, is there an attack on the word of God today? Of course, there is, because Satan wants to disarm you of something and only thing you have got to arm him. The devil would love nothing more but to take the twoedged sword of the King James Version out of our hands and replace it with a butter knife called the NIV and other versions.

The devil does not want you to be armed, he does not want us to be able to stand up against him, to do battle with the rulers of the darkness of this world. In 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
So, the bible tells us, that before the antichrist can come, before the one world government can come; there has to be a falling away. What is falling away? It is the apostasy!
I believe, that this new evil modern versions are key to the devil's plan for a one world religion, a one world government and new world order. The great apostasia would be a result of the false modern versions- that are twisting and changing God's word and even changing the doctrines of Christ.

Just imagine, they are putting mistakes in our bible, and then people are doubting God, they are doubting the scripture.

May the Lord open your spiritual eyes. Amen.

to be continued
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
But...

...according to NL evangelists ifeann truthman2012 malvisguy212 true2god etc,

GOD'S WORD CANNOT BE CORRUPTED, since that would mean that He is powerless to protect it.

We all know God is All-Powerful.

Therefore, in their opinion, ALL versions must be God's word, even the Kanye West version. OP must be wrong somewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
Interesting, May God Have Mercy On Us. Anyways I Serve God From My Heart
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Abuamam:
But...

...according to NL evangelists ifeann truthman2012 malvisguy212 true2god etc,

GOD'S WORD CANNOT BE CORRUPTED, since that would mean that He is powerless to protect it.

We all know God is All-Powerful.

Therefore, in their opinion, ALL versions must be God's word, even the Kanye West version. OP must be wrong somewhere.

You shouldn't have arrived at the conclusion that I must have been wrong somewhere with this Illogical arraigned point of yours. Yes, they are right God's word cannot be corrupted in the sense that what He says will never change, for His promises are yea and amen. For God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that he should repent. All those versions of the scripture that you are seeing all around (KJV inclusive) are compiled and prepared by men, even the founding authors are men of flesh and blood- even our Lord Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. He has never for once changed. He is the unchangeable changer.
Finally, my dear friend kindly read Matthew 24:35; Psalm 138:2; Matthew 5:18 and Isaiah 42:21.

May God of the Christians bless you abundantly. Amen
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2015
Samneer:

You shouldn't have arrived at the conclusion that I must have been wrong somewhere with this Illogical arraigned point of yours. Yes, they are right God's word cannot be corrupted in the sense that what He says will never change, for His promises are yea and amen. For God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that he should repent. All those versions of the scripture that you are seeing all around (KJV inclusive) are compiled and prepared by men, even the founding authors are men of flesh and blood- even our Lord Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. He has never for once changed. He is the unchangeable changer.

Finally, my dear friend kindly read Matthew 24:35; Psalm 138:2; Matthew 5:18 and Isaiah 42:21.

May God of the Christians bless you abundantly. Amen

Yes, I read the verses you gave in your comment. Thank you. They seem to establish the incorruptibility of God's word... which I assume is what the bible is taken to be.
The above 'illogical' arranged point was not mine, it was theirs. We were speaking of the bible and they asserted that it was the word of God, and its alleged corruptibility implied that God was powerless to stop it... which we all know to be untrue; God is all-powerful. My confusion is that you now assert that the bible HAS been corrupted, whereby different versions exist, all written by men, including the KJV, but the real promises of God are unchanging. If so, then where can we find the uncorrupted promises that God made? Where do these exist? Pls excuse my ignorance if my premise is incorrect.

BTW, the bible says that 'God repented' a couple of times. So your statement that He does not repent of His actions, is unbiblical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 9:38am On Apr 13, 2015
Abuamam:

Yes, I read the verses you gave in your comment. Thank you. However, the above 'illogical' arranged point was not mine, it was theirs. We were speaking of the bible and they asserted that it was the word of God, and its alleged corruptibility implied that God was powerless to stop it. You now assert that the bible HAS been corrupted, whereby different versions exist, all written by men, including the KJV. If it has, then where can we find the uncorrupted promises that God made? Where do these exist?

BTW, the bible says that 'God repented' a couple of times. So your statement that He does not repent of His actions, is unbiblical.

Thank you, I can see you are quite vast in the scriptures. I wasn't replying you from the point of them saying God's word is incorruptible, but infact I was in support. But friend, as I said and I quote myself
All those versions of the scripture that you are seeing all around (KJV inclusive) are compiled and prepared by men
What is the Bible? I quote myself again from one of my comments

The Bible is the inspired word of God that carries the universal doctrine of the Lord, instilled into the heart of several of authors

The bible is the word of God revealed, inspired and given to men, carrying thesame gospel message of the deity of God, the all knowing power of God, the miraculous wonder working power of God, the turning away of man, the justification of man, the judgement of man, salvation by grace through the redemptive blood of the lamb, sanctification, the holy ghost baptism, heaven and hell etc.

The Lord gave these authors messages, in revelations, visions dreams and so on. They in turn documented it in scroll in the original text, and the versions that we have to day published from the original text.

On the point of God's repentance (though totally off topic, but I will gladly answer you) Twice the Bible says that God repented for something he had done in the past (Genesis 6:6-7 and 1 Samuel 15:11), and at least eleven times it says he repented or would repent of something he was about to do in the future (Exodus 32:12-14; 2 Samuel 24:16; 1 Chronicles 21:15; Psalm 106:45; Jeremiah 4:28; 18:8; 26:3, 13, 19; 42:10; Joel 2:13-14; Amos 7:3, 6; Jonah 3:9-10; 4:2). Nevertheless, the Bible also says that God will not repent. For example, Psalm 110:4 says, The Lord has sworn; he will not repent: “You are a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.”

And Ezekiel 24:14 says,

I, the Lord, have spoken; it shall come to pass, I will do it, I will not go back, I will not spare, I will not repent; according to your ways and your doings I will judge you, says the Lord God.”
(See Jeremiah 4:27-28.)

But even more important than these are the texts that say God would be like a man if he repented. In other words, God’s freedom from a need to repent is based on his deity. Being God means that he cannot repent.

Numbers 23:19 —
God is not a man that he should lie, or a son of man that he should repent.

1 Samuel 15:29 —
The Glory of Israel will not lie or repent; for he is not a man, that he should repent.
This last text comes in the very same story where it says God repented that he had made Saul king (1 Samuel 15:11, 35). So we must not think that these two views come from different authors of the Old Testament who disagree with each other. All these looks like a contradiction to you, but they are not.

Rather, we should probably say that there is a sense in which God does repent, and there is a sense in which he does not. First Samuel 15:29 and Numbers 23:19 are intended to keep us from seeing the repentance of God in a way that would put him in the limited category of a man.

God’s repentance is not like man’s. I take that to mean that God is not taken off guard by unexpected turns of events like we are. He knows all the future. (“Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them,” Isaiah 42:9). Nor does God ever sin. So his repentance is not owing to lack of foresight nor to folly.

Rather, the repentance of God is his expression of a different attitude and action about something past or future—not because events have taken him off guard, but because events make the expression of a different attitude more fitting now than it would have been earlier. God’s mind “changes,” not because it responds to unforeseen circumstances, but because he has ordained that his mind accord with the way he himself orders the changing events of the world.

I do hope you understand now.

May God of the Christians be with you. Amen
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by pesty100(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2015
Talking about d words of ur God, i wonder the number of mouths it owns
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 9:50am On Apr 13, 2015
pesty100:
Talking about d words of ur God, i wonder the number of mouths it owns

John 1:1 -
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
There is only one God who speaks through different medium to different people in diverse ways.
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by pesty100(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2015
Samneer:

John 1:1 - There is only one God who speaks through different medium to different people in diverse ways.
if the word = God how can God speak = God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 10:30am On Apr 13, 2015
pesty100:
if the word = God how can God speak = God
Friend, do not confuse yourself. This is a simple arithmetic. God is the Word, the Word revealed and inspired unto men. God speaks in diverse ways, through dreams (Joseph) throughh vision (Isaiah, Daniel, John, Paul and etc). He speaks directly to people (like in the case of Moses).
Once again I will say, don't confuse yourself.

Shallom
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Samneer:

Thank you, I can see you are quite vast in the scriptures. I wasn't replying you from the point of them saying God's word is incorruptible, but infact I was in support. But friend, as I said and I quote myself

What is the Bible? I quote myself again from one of my comments

The bible is the word of God revealed, inspired and given to men, carrying thesame gospel message of the deity of God, the all knowing power of God, the miraculous wonder working power of God, the turning away of man, the justification of man, the judgement of man, salvation by grace through the redemptive blood of the lamb, sanctification, the holy ghost baptism, heaven and hell etc.

The Lord gave these authors messages, in revelations, visions dreams and so on. They in turn documented it in scroll in the original text, and the versions that we have to day published from the original text.

On the point of God's repentance (though totally off topic, but I will gladly answer you) Twice the Bible says that God repented for something he had done in the past (Genesis 6:6-7 and 1 Samuel 15:11), and at least eleven times it says he repented or would repent of something he was about to do in the future (Exodus 32:12-14; 2 Samuel 24:16; 1 Chronicles 21:15; Psalm 106:45; Jeremiah 4:28; 18:8; 26:3, 13, 19; 42:10; Joel 2:13-14; Amos 7:3, 6; Jonah 3:9-10; 4:2). Nevertheless, the Bible also says that God will not repent. For example, Psalm 110:4 says, The Lord has sworn; he will not repent: “You are a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.”

And Ezekiel 24:14 says,
(See Jeremiah 4:27-28.)

But even more important than these are the texts that say God would be like a man if he repented. In other words, God’s freedom from a need to repent is based on his deity. Being God means that he cannot repent.

Numbers 23:19 —

1 Samuel 15:29 —
This last text comes in the very same story where it says God repented that he had made Saul king (1 Samuel 15:11, 35). So we must not think that these two views come from different authors of the Old Testament who disagree with each other. All these looks like a contradiction to you, but they are not.

Rather, we should probably say that there is a sense in which God does repent, and there is a sense in which he does not. First Samuel 15:29 and Numbers 23:19 are intended to keep us from seeing the repentance of God in a way that would put him in the limited category of a man.

God’s repentance is not like man’s. I take that to mean that God is not taken off guard by unexpected turns of events like we are. He knows all the future. (“Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them,” Isaiah 42:9). Nor does God ever sin. So his repentance is not owing to lack of foresight nor to folly.

Rather, the repentance of God is his expression of a different attitude and action about something past or future—not because events have taken him off guard, but because events make the expression of a different attitude more fitting now than it would have been earlier. God’s mind “changes,” not because it responds to unforeseen circumstances, but because he has ordained that his mind accord with the way he himself orders the changing events of the world.

I do hope you understand now.

May God of the Christians be with you. Amen

Hmmm not really. Sounds much like a lot of doublespeak to me; but I'll pass. Thanks for taking the time to explain to me anyway.
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Abuamam:

Hmmm not really. Sounds much like a lot of doublespeak to me; but I'll pass. Thanks for taking the time to explain to me anyway.

You are welcome, if you need anymore clarification, please do let me know.

God be with you
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
elantraceey:

Permit me to add that KJV is not even the first translation, not even the first into English.
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
Samneer

I might understand how passionate you are on KJV, it has had a long reputation as the best translation. However, there was a translation that had similar reputation that when new translations came on board, there were public complaints. but kjv later got a good name.

What you should know is that KJV is not even the third translation of the bible, there had been other translations before it.

Secondly, before you question why other translations do not have what you find in KJV, try and know the current findings with regards to bible manuscripts, consult the work of textual critics and be open minded. This will help.

I am sure that most of what you pointed above as an omition, may truly be verses in KJV with doubtful authenticity. check well.
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by dolphinheart(m): 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
@op

Why some text in the kjv is different in some mordern translations

A number of Bible verses in the
King James Version of the New
Testament are not found in
recent Bible translations based
on modern critical texts. In the
early seventeenth century
printed Greek texts of the New
Testament depended on
manuscripts of the late
Byzantine text-type and with
minor variations contained what
is known as the Textus
Receptus.[137] With the
discovery of many early
manuscripts, most modern
textual scholars value the
evidence of manuscripts
belonging to the Alexandrian
family as better witnesses to the
original text of the biblical
authors,[138] without giving it,
or any family, automatic
preference.[139]

Source: wikipedia

The kjv was translated in the early 17th century with the copied manuscript and technology available and several other translations used the kjv as the basis for their own translation, hence the similarity .

But from the 20th century forward there where new developments
1. Older manuscripts that where closer to the time of the original manuscripts where discovered(such as the dead sea scrolls). and these manuscripts has less distortions or miss copying , hence a better understanding of the real texts. Thus newer translations try to remove in an increasing manner the mistakes made by the kjv .

2.technology has improved when it comes to manuscript analysis. For example , with technolgy it was noticed that some words/letters in some manuscripts where changed several hundred years after the manuscript was written . Some dots, dashes and lines where added to the Greek letters to change the whole sentence. This was discovered with mordern technology and changes are gradually being made in modern translations.
3. Unlike when the kjv was translated , the manuscript are now well available for most scholars to examine and thus a better view is being obtained. With the freedom of the scriptures for everone to read (which the church fathers have tried fervently to cutail so as to protect their fake high offices and false doctrine) old manuscripts can now be translated devoid of any pre doctrinal opinion, which has greatly affected bible translations.

Verses where omitted in some new traslations cus it will be total chaos to renumber verses .
The original manuscript where not written in verses, so renumbering the scriptures cus some verses where not supposed to be there will cause problems . The best option is to make the verses blank .

Lastly , dnt you find it interesting that some new versions of the kjv are gradually comforming to the translation of other modern versions
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by oneda(m): 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
elantraceey:

I am actually looking for a way to say this without hurting you; If you don't understand who the LORD JESUS is nor do you understand when some men who have questionable allegiance are trying to deny his divinity, then I'll just surmise that you and people like you have no part in this business
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
JMAN05:
Samneer

I might understand how passionate you are on KJV, it has had a long reputation as the best translation. However, there was a translation that had similar reputation that when new translations came on board, there were public complaints. but kjv later got a good name.

What you should know is that KJV is not even the third translation of the bible, there had been other translations before it.

Secondly, before you question why other translations do not have what you find in KJV, try and know the current findings with regards to bible manuscripts, consult the work of textual critics and be open minded. This will help.

I am sure that most of what you pointed above as an omition, may truly be verses in KJV with doubtful authenticity. check well.

Thanks bro. Before I could even write on something like this in the first place, I have made my research well and doubtfully came to a conclusion that the other versions you now see all around are all hiding under the version of being an easy to read, technologically advancement and simplicity
I did my research with an open mind, having them compared one to another. I read several thesis, critics, manuscripts(I am still coming to that in my next post)
As I have said in one of my replies to elantraceey
And again, you are wrong, KJV isn't the first English translation. KJV came into incession in 1611, before then there were several other English translated Bible. William Tyndale, of course known as the father of English, the actual inventor of the English Language that we speak today, translated the original text of the scripture into the first English version, and that was in 1534- which became the must hunted book back then, this gave room for the reformation work and Protestantism in England.
My choice of being a King James only Christian is based on weighed options, cogent points and doctrinal standards. Many are in pitfalls and their eyes have been blinded to see the truth, all because of this counterfeit and spurious words of men framed as word of God.

Finally bro
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free
- John 8:32 KJV

Shallom
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
JMAN05:
Samneer

Thanks bro. Before I could even write on something like this in the first place, I have made my research well and doubtfully came to a conclusion that the other versions you now see all around are all hiding under the version of being an easy to read, technologically advancement and simplicity
I did my research with an open mind, having them compared one to another. I read several thesis, critics, manuscripts(I am still coming to that in my next post)
As I have said in one of my replies to elantraceey
My choice of being a King James only Christian is based on weighed options, cogent points and doctrinal standards. Many are in pitfalls and their eyes have been blinded to see the truth, all because of this counterfeit and spurious words of men framed as word of God.
This are not omissions bro, but they are clear contradictions to the original manuscript (I am still coming to that)
Finally bro
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free
- John 8:32 KJV

Shallom
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by Samneer: 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
dolphinheart:
@op

Why some text in the kjv is different in some mordern translations

A number of Bible verses in the
King James Version of the New
Testament are not found in
recent Bible translations based
on modern critical texts. In the
early seventeenth century
printed Greek texts of the New
Testament depended on
manuscripts of the late
Byzantine text-type and with
minor variations contained what
is known as the Textus
Receptus.[137] With the
discovery of many early
manuscripts, most modern
textual scholars value the
evidence of manuscripts
belonging to the Alexandrian
family as better witnesses to the
original text of the biblical
authors,[138] without giving it,
or any family, automatic
preference.[139]

Source: wikipedia

The kjv was translated in the early 17th century with the copied manuscript and technology available and several other translations used the kjv as the basis for their own translation, hence the similarity .

But from the 20th century forward there where new developments
1. Older manuscripts that where closer to the time of the original manuscripts where discovered(such as the dead sea scrolls). and these manuscripts has less distortions or miss copying , hence a better understanding of the real texts. Thus newer translations try to remove in an increasing manner the mistakes made by the kjv .

2.technology has improved when it comes to manuscript analysis. For example , with technolgy it was noticed that some words/letters in some manuscripts where changed several hundred years after the manuscript was written . Some dots, dashes and lines where added to the Greek letters to change the whole sentence. This was discovered with mordern technology and changes are gradually being made in modern translations.
3. Unlike when the kjv was translated , the manuscript are now well available for most scholars to examine and thus a better view is being obtained. With the freedom of the scriptures for everone to read (which the church fathers have tried fervently to cutail so as to protect their fake high offices and false doctrine) old manuscripts can now be translated devoid of any pre doctrinal opinion, which has greatly affected bible translations.

Verses where omitted in some new traslations cus it will be total chaos to renumber verses .
The original manuscript where not written in verses, so renumbering the scriptures cus some verses where not supposed to be there will cause problems . The best option is to make the verses blank .

Lastly , dnt you find it interesting that some new versions of the kjv are gradually comforming to the translation of other modern versions

cheesy bro, your points are pointless and baseless. I am still going to address more on your point 1 and 2. @ the bolded; look at the blunder you just committed. Jesus Christ! like verses that leads people to salvation? verses about the deity of Christ!
Bro please read Galatians 1:6-9 not for the number of verses but omissions Also read Revelation 22:18-19.
Brb, for now duty calls wink

Shallom!
Re: Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted by dolphinheart(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
Samneer:

cheesy bro, your points are pointless and baseless. I am still going to address more on your point 1 and 2. @ the bolded; look at the blunder you just committed. Jesus Christ! like verses that leads people to salvation? verses about the deity of Christ!
Bro please read Galatians 1:6-9 not for the number of verses but omissions Also read Revelation 22:18-19.
Brb, for now duty calls wink

Shallom!

The content is not what we are discussing , what we are discussing is if those words should be there or not and how (if its there)it should be put there.

If I, living in the 12th century add the word "God is good" to any verse in the manuscript . Does the fact that other part of the manuscript read "god is good mean it can be added in another area or verse where it does not exist initially?

Other questions which you can add the answers to in ur reply.

Since you said you have read some of the manuscripts , which is a big lie anyway ,Does the earliest manuscripts have verses and chapters?

Does all the manuscripts correspond to each other word for word?

Did the kjv use the earliest available manuscripts (oldest manuscripts that are closer to the time the original was written and has less number of copyist thus reducing human error)that we have now ?

How do you differentiate and determine the right manuscript when sentences are found in one manuscript and not found in the other. ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

About John. D. Rockefeller, The Richest Man Ever Since King Solomon / Who Was Abdullah ibn Sa'd ibn Abi Sarh / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God 61st Annual Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.