Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? (16075 Views)

J Martins Vs Flavour: Who Sings Better? / Who Sings This Nigerian Song And What's It Called? / Plantation Boiz ? Who Sings Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by 10over101: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
u should be comparing Omawunmi and Asa....who is Tiwa?? up gingerlized Omawunmi
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by MissOpe(f): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawunmi all the way.... Dat mortein advert na babaaaaa
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by 10over101: 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
oluseyeah: The question is "who sings better"?...
I don't think this should be up for any debate without a basis of comparism.
They've a got lil' difference in their in their genre/style...
Different vocal textures...
U can hear the afro-feel naturally in omawumi...and tiwatope's got the western-thrills...although they both venture in both ways...who does better, is a function of choice and basis for comparism!
u ve succeded in saying nothing after writing so much on musicology..who sings better? is d question...make a choice
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by paparazzi1987(m): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
I would have commented, but I don't want to say something now and my oga at the BOTTOM will say it is a different thing ooo..dazz orl grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by adim2(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
I have seen both of them performed live on stage with instrument and tiwa sometimes battle with high pitch and goes off in some instance which to her stage is not acceptable. Though am not a fan of Omawunmi but to be fair and honest, I think she sings better than Tiwa
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by 10over101: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
freechat: you must be a learner, bro.
Mr Know it all....
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
omawunmi sings miles away from tiwa
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by buklan4realyah(f): 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
None of d above.......... undecided
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Enoquin(f): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
I argued this with a friend...he was like Tiwa is the best female artiste in Nigeria and I disagreed. I told him even Chidinma with a quarter training from project fame is better...give Chidinma the opportunity Tiwa had both here and abroad and she'd come out miles better.

Omawunmi all the way joor.

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Rooneyboy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
I'll go for Omawumi over Tiwasavage any day, any time, reasons are

1) She's got better delivery when it comes to using other languages .
(remember her song with flavour, were she sang using igbo , WITH D IGBO ACCENT)
2) Omawumi is more African in nature, unlike Tiwa that sings like as if to say her target market are Americans/British.

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by seunmsg(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawunmi is a far better singer.
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by williamboy(m): 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
Both are great singers but tiwa is my favourite.
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Nuzo1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
I hope some of the views here is not a reflection of how Nigerians understand music.

Tiwa can sing, but its ridiculous to compare her to Omawumi.
Most people don't even know Tiwa as a singer but a "celebrity".

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by theripper: 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawumi by a long shot, Tiwa just has sex appeal and na her videos boys wan watch.

Oma killed that mortein advert abeg, when Tiwa dey shout "wizzy chill"

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Rooneyboy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
Miss Ope: Omawunmi all the way.... Dat mortein advert na babaaaaa

Music is about passing a message and making sure that message sinks, the averting firm that sort for Omawunmi's service for that particular advert know their onions I must confess.

Her delivery in that advert FANTASTIC.

* I have know idea how much she was paid, but in my own opinion , SHE WAS UNDER PAID for that advert*

She deserves to be paid more, honestly.
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by rule(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawumi no doubt.
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by ifyalways(f): 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawumi for me kiss kiss
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by olumidazz: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
@goldfish80, you think its music you people are listening to these days abi, i don't blame you from your username I can tell am old enough to be your father. See the stupid fellow saying a wise man like me don't have music ears, I need to lecture you on the kind of music we listened to in the 60s
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by fonssy(f): 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawumi joor! She is way better the tiwa.
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by FKO1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
if you ask me na who i go ask?

2 Likes

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by yommy2sure(m): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
Omawumi...see how she flex her vocals for 'if u ask me' and that mortein advert....tiwa...just like comparing beyonce nd jennifer hudson.

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Sike(m): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Joey82: I dont think they are comparable.
Omawunmi is miles ahead; her pitch, her range, oh my she's got the most piercing voice in the current generation of female singers.
plus its only her voice that sells her, tiwa's looks sell her more than her voice.
Spot On!

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by mikigen(m): 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
Barbar2ndey: i've bin hearing diz 'my oga at d top'..wetin e mean sef?
ha! Same with me o i have been hearing it evrywere am even geting pissed with evry oga ontop d.p on my bbm list PLZ na wetin be d meaning? Abi na new madness 4 town be dat?
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by nich(m): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
Tiwa's a good singer, no doubt, especially with all the international exposure she's had. Nonetheless, i would give my vote to Omawumi because she is an entertainer. Omawumi would captivate her audience far better than Tiwa can.

Put differently, i would say, "Omawumi is an African, very rich in her entertainment styles courtesy of culture; but Tiwa is an Oyinbo African that has some elements of unpractised African richness."

grin
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by kajoula(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
mikigen: ha! Same with me o i have been hearing it evrywere am even geting pissed with evry oga ontop d.p on my bbm list PLZ na wetin be d meaning? Abi na new madness 4 town be dat?

Na one yeye NSCDC Corps on Who wants to be a millionaire.........daft idi*t

Google Oga ontop to download his music mix by dj-ziggy

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Sharrks: 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
Tiwa of course
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by kajoula(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Post is hidden
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by kajoula(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Ayorh4you(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
tunapawizzy:
I DONT WANT TO PICK ONE NOW THEN MY OGA AT THE TOP WILL PICK ANOTHER ONE dazz orl

Hahahahahahahahaha........lwkmd. Badt boy
Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
whenever tiwa starts singing without any instrumental, she should come out and talk.
As for now, its Kokoma
I stand by
Adebisi Konga
Omawumi's baby
Eh eh wonder

1 Like

Re: Omawumi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? by Heliesha: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
thank God we called it singing nt luks i fink omawumi is way beta i dnt fink u've reali heard tiwa perfoming live ar voice is nt dat tite am telling u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Performs On The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon (Video) / Nairalanders - Complete The Naija Lyrics. . .(non Rap) / (DOWNLOAD) Shawn Mendes X Zedd – Lost In Japan (remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.