Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals (564 Views)

Barcelona Travels To France To Meet Psg In Paris, France (champions League Qtr)- / CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QTR-FINAL DRAWS & PREDICTIONS: ARSENAL/BARCA IN THE FINAL!!!!! / Uefa Champions League - Qtr Finals Fixtures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals by kfako1: 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
We wanted to be positive. We honestly did.

We took a look at Bayern Munich’s odds of 1/100 on to progress to the quarter-finals against Arsenal tonight and fancied backing a famous comeback in the Allianz Arena.

We tried to find reasons to believe it was possible. Omens, empirical data, you name it. But after we’d considered it all, this was what we are left with if we are to believe that a British club will make it into this year’s last eight of the Champions League...

[s]- It’s not like Bayern are 20 points clear in the Bundesliga and haven’t lost at home by more than one goal for 52 matches[/s]

Ah, but it’s exactly like that

- [s]Barcelona overcame a two-goal deficit last night [/s]

Except Arsenal are not as good as Barcelona, Bayern are better than AC Milan, and Arsenal have to do it away from home as well

- [s]They can be driven forward by a fit-and-firing Jack Wilshere [/s]

He’s injured- officially for three weeks, based on last time possibly forever

- [s]They will field their strongest first XI [/s]

Rumours abound that Wenger will rest the likes of Santi Cazorla, Theo Walcott and Wojciech Szczesny

- Arsene Wenger believes it is possible

He also admits that Bayern Munich are ‘clearly superior’ to his side.

- [s]They boast a fantastic record against the big boys in recent times[/s]

Not exactly

- [s]But a good record against German sides this season, at least?[/s]

Arsenal 0-2 Schalke, Schalke 2-2 Arsenal in the group stage

- [s]Bayern Munich don’t have a decent replacement for Franck Ribery [/s]

What’s this guy’s name again?

- [s]Get to penalties and at least most of Arsenal’s players aren’t English [/s]

But they still lost 3-2 on penalties in the League Cup quarter-final to fourth-tier Bradford City this season

- [s]Arsenal could wear their yellow shirts, convincing Munich that they are in fact Borussia Dortmund [/s]

Until they start playing football

- [s]The two most famous results between England and Germany – 4-2 and 5-1 – would both be good enough for victory tonight[/s]

None of the Bayern team were born for the first result in 1966, most were still at school for the second in 2001

- [s]Even Norwich have beaten Bayern Munich at their home ground [/s]

Only Norwich. No other English teams. And even then it took this goal to make it possible.

- [s]The awe-inspiring Gunnersaurus will drive fear into German hearts [/s]

He’s a man in a dinosaur costume

- Sometimes miracles happen

Alright, we'll give you that.
Re: Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals by pmonkz(m): 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
Arsenal could wear their yellow shirts, convincing Munich that they are in fact Borussia Dortmund [/s]

Until they start playing football

To me, this is the funniest part man. Nice 1. I hope we win tho. Anything can happen. Its the game of football. #TeamArsenal
Re: Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals by senatorweedman: 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
bros,,, arsenal's chances still remains very, very, very slim. they are up against an (in-form) bayern team.
they (arsenal) should just go in there an enjoy themselves and maybe, just maybe, a miracle can happen.
its not impossible, but its going to be an intrestingly difficult game for them.

BARCA did it, so i believe wenger can pull up a few tricks.

my predictions.... (double chance) draw or arsenal - 3.10 bwin odds

(2way special) pick arsenal - 5.50 bwin odds
2way special, stake returned if game ends in a draw.
Re: Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals by senatorweedman: 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
y'elloooooooooooooooo ,any ballers here

sports betting tips for soccer lovers, fans and hustlers

senator weedman on bwin.............just got paid 2,300EUROS thats N460,000
Re: Reasons Why Arsenal Can Still Beat Bayern And Reach Champions League Qtr Finals by senatorweedman: 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
Place bets on live games.

first to score,
3 way, win-draw-loss
2way
double chance etc.

bwin for live !!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Live Football Stream / Ibrahimovic On Chelsea Red Card: I Felt Like I Had 11 Babies Around Me / United Fans Decide... Who Should Replace Banned Zlatan Against The Arsenal??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.