Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! (9273 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by ayomifull(f): 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2008
4Him:

Serves you immigration law breakers right.

Thank you very much Mr immigration law UN breaker and congratulations for being a very holy, sinless man who has to throw the first stone.

4Him:

It is "criminals" like this who make things 100x more difficult for genuine visa seekers in Nigeria to obtain travel permits.

Oh really?

4Him:

Why did you come to Ireland with a pregnancy with the intention of defrauding the system? If i were an Irish citizen i'd vote to have all of you deported ASAP.

Its not too late you can become one now and ask Irish Govt infact all European and Amercan govt to deport all foreigners, those that came in with visiting visa and married for paper, those who came in with 6 months visa years ago etc righteous man!, and dont forget to go and kill Nigeria Govt who awarded electricity contract to unregistered foreign companies, paid 100% upfront and did no job, good man and remeber to advise that all of them should be deported.

4Him:

Tell your friend to go home and stop weeping . . . wasnt she thinking when she signed away her right to have her husband here all because of "papers"?
I no longer blame the poor fellow . . .

No thanks but she is not weeping she is only in a situation anyone can find him/herself, i know no thread ends without some sort of abuse.

Awe,if you are furtunate in life dont call your padis lazy bones, and come to think of it how many Europeans, Americans cme to Nigeria to do this? Does that not mean something? Please tell those defrauders in Nigeria who calls themselves govt to make their country comfortable for all and give equal or near equal opportunity to all.

One of those 'defrauders' is Rotimi Adebari who was the first foreigner to be made a mayor of a county in Ireland, what did Nigerians do? Crying hell that he was an assylum seeker blablablablablablablabla. Thank God for the number of 'defrauders' from Nigeria today who are holding great postitions in Ireland in various fields including me who got a good job in ISP company without having to know anyone or bribing anyone abd despite being a 'defrauder' yesterday, i'm sure your like would not even employ me.

I rest my case, thank you all for your wonderful contributions, i thinks i have one or 2 words for her from your contributions so this thread can rest peacefully now, as i will not visti it again. THANKS TO YOU ALL.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by brownbonno(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2008
ayomifull:

Thank you very much Mr immigration law UN breaker and congratulations for being a very holy, sinless man who has to throw the first stone.

Oh really?

Its not too late you can become one now and ask Irish Govt infact all European and Amercan govt to deport all foreigners, those that came in with visiting visa and married for paper, those who came in with 6 months visa years ago etc righteous man!, and don't forget to go and kill Nigeria Govt who awarded electricity contract to unregistered foreign companies, paid 100% upfront and did no job, good man and remeber to advise that all of them should be deported.

No thanks but she is not weeping she is only in a situation anyone can find him/herself, i know no thread ends without some sort of abuse.

Awe,if you are furtunate in life don't call your padis lazy bones, and come to think of it how many Europeans, Americans cme to Nigeria to do this? Does that not mean something? Please tell those defrauders in Nigeria who calls themselves govt to make their country comfortable for all and give equal or near equal opportunity to all.

One of those 'defrauders' is Rotimi Adebari who was the first foreigner to be made a mayor of a county in Ireland, what did Nigerians do? Crying hell that he was an assylum seeker blablablablablablablabla. Thank God for the number of 'defrauders' from Nigeria today who are holding great postitions in Ireland in various fields including me who got a good job in ISP company without having to know anyone or bribing anyone abd despite being a 'defrauder' yesterday, i'm sure your like would not even employ me.

I rest my case, thank you all for your wonderful contributions, i thinks i have one or 2 words for her from your contributions so this thread can rest peacefully now, as i will not visti it again. THANKS TO YOU ALL.

Bad belle,watin Rotimi do you ?Good job in ISP company ? Bollocks
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by 4Him(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2008
ayomifull:

I'm not without sin, but i wil not wilfully defraud a system knowing the rebound effect it will have on generations to come. Thanks to criminals like you, the law in Ireland has since been changed making it even more difficult for genuine travellers to get in.
It wasnt long ago that Nigerians didnt require visas to travel to the UK.

ayomifull:

don't forget to go and kill Nigeria Govt who awarded electricity contract to unregistered foreign companies, paid 100% upfront and did no job, good man and remeber to advise that all of them should be deported.

this is ur own excuse? An armed robber could as well play the same victim card.

ayomifull:

Awe,if you are furtunate in life don't call your padis lazy bones, and come to think of it how many Europeans, Americans cme to Nigeria to do this? Does that not mean something? Please tell those defrauders in Nigeria who calls themselves govt to make their country comfortable for all and give equal or near equal opportunity to all.

Dont go blocking someone else's chances because of ur own greed.

ayomifull:

yup now u've got a good job, i dont think u spare any thought for those at the recieving end of consular officers in Lagos who will be venting their spleen on the hapless intending travellers because of crooks like you.

Now that's my 50cents.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by mamaput(f): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2008
how about the husband tying to get a visa for another country.
If a country has rejected you once it will be hard to get one again for the same country
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by mamaput(f): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2008
It is easy to say go back but there are children involved.
you do not take your children in a night and fog action and go with them into the unknown.
arrangements have to be made like school and job.
the man has no money to feed his kids .
should they go and soak garri with him.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by almondjoy(f): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2008
mamaput:

It is easy to say go back but there are children involved.
you do not take your children in a night and fog action and go with them into the unknown.
arrangements have to be made like school and job.
the man has no money to feed his kids .
should they go and soak garri with him.

Yes, only for a while to give them an opportunity to plan together as a family. Does she not miss him at all? undecided  The life she is living in Ireland is also in the 'unknown" department.  Or is she sleeping in her bed with the Irish residence permit or with several Irish potatos in her underwear every night to "gum" body and soul? tongue As a married woman, I am sure she could not have forgotten what "regular" sex feels like! wink Or is there someone else doing a fantastic job over there that she can't afford to leave? cheesy

Please be honest with us.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by blacklion(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2008
4him,,

Can you pls tell us how many Nigerians you know that came in legit from day one versus how many you know that came in kuru kere and regularized themselves?

There is an adage quoted by Achebe in 'Things Fall Apart' that goes - those who are privileged to have benevolent spirits crack their palm kernels for them should learn to be humble.

That you are privileged to reside abroad legit from when you arrived and did not have to engage in all the wayo that immigrants are forced into to regularize is not a reason to start looking down on others. I know guys today working on Wall Street or in the City, medical doctors and even lawyers who came in through kurukere [e.g. overstayed visitig visa etc] and had to do all sorts to regularize. Today, they are top professionals in the countries where they reside. Does that mean that they were natural born law breakers? Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. New immigrants often have to bend the law to settle down and fit in. Personally, I draw the line at 419, drugs, welfare fraud, housing fraud, insurance fraud etc

Your anger is better directed at the rogues who drove otherwise honest people to leave their country and do all sorts to survive and not Ayo and her friend.

But then, they are cheap and easy targets for you.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by mamaput(f): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2008
at the end of the day is it not all about the best education and medical for my kids?
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2008
almondjoy:

Yes, only for a while to give them an opportunity to plan together as a family. Does she not miss him at all? undecided The life she is living in Ireland is also in the 'unknown" department. Or is she sleeping in her bed with the Irish residence permit or with several Irish potatos in her underwear every night to "gum" body and soul? tongue As a married woman, I am sure she could not have forgotten what "regular" sex feels like! wink Or is there someone else doing a fantastic job over there that she can't afford to leave? cheesy

Please be honest with us.

This guy has been at it, trying to get a job for years, with no light at the end of the tunnel. You say she needs to come down so they can fashion out a strategy on the way forward for the family At that point who will take care of all the responsibilities
This is actually a no win situation because the marriage you will be trying to protect by coming over, you will lose when the economic reality becomes apparent once in Nigeria.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by yemivictor: 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ Topic,

Had it been that the husband had landed a job, any job at all! The "ultimatum" would have carried more weight!

All in all, it's a tough choice for the lady in question!!

But if she cherishes her marriage @ all, she should be making plans to go back home, regardless!!! sad
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by almondjoy(f): 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2008
yemivictor:

@ Topic,

Had it been that the husband had landed a job, any job at all! The "ultimatum" would have carried more weight!

All in all, it's a tough choice for the lady in question!!

[size=15pt]But if she cherishes her marriage @ all, she should be making plans to go back home, regardless!!![/size] sad

Infact that is the key problem here.  The "ultimatum".  You have said it all.  It is a tough choice. If I were ever given this kind of ultimatum from a sweetheart like "you". . .I really do not care if you have a job or not.  I think I will love you enough to at least come home and see your face. wink  Even if no be face I go chop. cheesy  Nice one Yemi. 

I did not think that such a "small"  boy like you would understand sensitive things like this.  Not because we share the same views but because it shows you really examined this matter from all angles.

God job baby brother. . .more "agape" love coming your way! kiss

Dalby:

This guy has been at it, trying to get a job for years, with no light at the end of the tunnel. You say she needs to come down so they can fashion out a strategy on the way forward for the family At that point who will take care of all the responsibilities
This is actually a no win situation because the marriage you will be trying to protect by coming over, you will lose when the economic reality becomes apparent once in Nigeria.

Dalby, you are a man. If your wife was in this position, what would you wish her do? Ignore your requests to move back home while you guys live apart for another 3-5 years?  All I saying is that she should at least reason with him so they can map out a plan to be together at least for a short while.  She can always come back. If she tries and it doesn't work out, then the world will know that she at least tried.  Unless the man is a menacing husband envious of her progress.  What is she really afraid of?  Her safety or feelings of insecuritystemming from the situations with a jobless spouse?

In that case let him file for a divorce and let them both get on with their lives period.  This is not a marriage but a sham.  Sometimes men are motivated when they have their wives around them.  He is probably very unmotivated now since this quest for Irish "residency" has rendered him a second class citizen in his own matrimonial home.  If he does not have a job now, who says his luck cannot change when she visits or anytime from now? undecided  Then again we have children separated from their father. . . that is the one I just cannot tolerate!  If she does not want to move back home, please let her give him his children abeg so she can remain single and prosperous in Ireland!

Period!
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Blatant: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2008
almondjoy:

Infact that is the key problem here. The "ultimatum" You have said it all. It is a tough choice. If I were ever given this kind of ultimatum from a sweetheart like "you". . .I really do not care if you have a job or not. I think I will love you enough to at least come home and see your face. wink Even if no be face I go chop. cheesy Nice one Yemi.

I did not think that such a "small" boy like you would understand sensitive things like this. Not because we share the same views but because it shows you really examined this matter from all angles.

Dalby, you are a man. If your wife was in this position, what would you wish her do? Ignore your requests to move back home while you guys live apart for another 3-5 years? All I saying is that she should at least reason with him so they can map out a plan to be together at least for a short while. She can always come back. If she tries and it doesn't work out, then the world will know that she at least tried. Unless the man is a menacing husband envious of her progress. What is she really afraid of? Her safety or insecuity of a jobless spouse?

In that case let him file for a divorce and let them both get on with their lives period. This is not a marriage but a sham. Sometimes men are motivated when they have their wives around them. He is probably very unmotivated now since this quest for Irish "residency" has rendered him a second class citizen in his own matrimonial home. If he does not have a job now, who says his luck cannot change when she visits or anytime from now? undecided Then again we have children separated from their father. . . that is the one I just cannot tolerate! If she does not want to move back home, please let her give him his children abeg so she can remain single and prosperous in Ireland!

Period!

almondjoy, are you married? undecided

you might be a great wife to one lucky guy some day

God bless you
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by yemivictor: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
almondjoy:

Infact that is the key problem here. The "ultimatum" You have said it all. It is a tough choice. If I were ever given this kind of ultimatum from a sweetheart like "you". . .I really do not care if you have a job or not. I think I will love you enough to at least come home and see your face. wink [b] Even if no be face I go chop. cheesy Nice one Yemi. [/b]
I did not think that such a "small" boy like you would understand sensitive things like this. Not because we share the same views but because it shows you really examined this matter from all angles.

And i'm lapping it all up & loving it! grin grin grin
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
almondjoy:

Dalby, you are a man. If your wife was in this position, what would you wish her do? Ignore your requests to move back home while you guys live apart for another 3-5 years? All I saying is that she should at least reason with him so they can map out a plan to be together at least for a short while. She can always come back. If she tries and it doesn't work out, then the world will know that she at least tried. Unless the man is a menacing husband envious of her progress. What is she really afraid of? Her safety or insecurity of a jobless spouse?

In that case let him file for a divorce and let them both get on with their lives period. This is not a marriage but a sham. Sometimes men are motivated when they have their wives around them. He is probably very unmotivated now since this quest for Irish "residency" has rendered him a second class citizen in his own matrimonial home. If he does not have a job now, who says his luck cannot change when she visits or anytime from now? undecided Then again we have children separated from their father. . . that is the one I just cannot tolerate! If she does not want to move back home, please let her give him his children abeg so she can remain single and prosperous in Ireland!

Period!

Frankly if na me I for bury my head in shame. I will not have the courage to ask her to come back knowing the role she plays in the running of the home. I would have intensified efforts at job hunting rather than get involved in an ego fight with my wife. If she comes back, family income becomes zero, no be death be that

I knew of someone that was jobless for 2 years, previously working in a bank. Things got so bad that he withdrew his 3 kids from school. The day he said he cried bitterly was the day he his son woke him up about a year down the road to say that he wants to go to school. He looked at himself a graduate not being able to afford education for his own child undecided
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by almondjoy(f): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
Blatant:

almondjoy, are you married? undecided

you might be a great wife to one lucky guy some day
God bless you

That is my prayer tooooooooooooooooooo.  Thank you and God bless you too! kiss

yemivictor:

And i'm lapping it all up & loving it! grin grin grin

And you are too cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!  One love always!. kiss

Dalby:

Frankly if na me I for bury my head in shame. I will not have the courage to ask her to come back knowing the role she plays in the running of the home. I would have intensified efforts at job hunting rather than get involved in an ego fight with my wife. If she comes back, family income becomes zero, no be death be that

I knew of someone that was jobless for 2 years, previously working in a bank. Things got so bad that he withdrew his 3 kids from school. The day he said he cried bitterly was the day he his son woke him up about a year down the road to say that he wants to go to school. He looked at himself a graduate not being able to afford education for his own child undecided

All these are unfortuate, but if my husband were ever in this position I will not discard him just like that.  I will just keep doing my part till we find a way out.  At least work on the marriage till I see no hope. People go through worse things in life and still survive.  What if the man became sick and could not work for life? Or if the reverse where the case? Would she like to be treated in the same manner? This woman does not even want to compromise.  Which woman has not seen "unemployement" side of a spouse? undecided  99% of women have seen this side because no condition is permanent.  I encourage men to work and keep their families together.  Women should do the same so when one person is down, the other can at least pick up the pieces and glue them back for a short while or for however long.

For people like you, I recomend you go and watch "The Pursuit of Happiness" starring Will Smith.  I learned a very huge lesson from that movie! kiss
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 10:26am On Apr 03, 2008
almondjoy:

All these are unfortunate, but if my husband were ever in this position I will not discard him just like that. I will just keep doing my part till we find a way out. At least work on the marriage till I see no hope. People go through worse things in life and still survive. What if the man became sick and could not work for life? Or if the reverse where the case? Would she like to be treated in the same manner? This woman does not even want to compromise. Which woman has not seen "unemployment" side of a spouse? undecided 99% of women have seen this side because no condition is permanent. I encourage men to work and keep their families together. Women should do the same so when one person is down, the other can at least pick up the pieces and glue them back for a short while or for however long.

For people like you, I recommend you go and watch "The Pursuit of Happiness" starring Will Smith. I learned a very huge lesson from that movie! kiss

I would really love to know when you saw the movie

Nobody has asked this woman to discard her husband, at least not me wink We are caught up between 2 issues, the moral issue and practical reality. People go through far less and do not survive; there are no absolutes in life. The good book says do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Remove the log from your eyes before removing the log from your neighbours eyes all these laws are pointers for man to know thyself because there in lies liberation of freedom. If you are a doctor in a life threatening kidnapping situation, be a doctor in that situation and not RAMBO.

Compromise , we do not know what she has or has not done. True all women have seen the unemployment side of their spouse same situation, but all women do not handle the situation in the same manner why

A man lay at his sick bed seconds away from dying. In that instant he had flash backs from the day he was born, to his first day at school, his successes and failures, highs and lows and the events that led him to his sick bed. Critical decision moments of his life shown before him, the only regrets he had as he lay there were decisions that he did not take, because all those that he took led him to this point.

What I said is for her to convince her husband why she has to stay some more, being in the best long term interest of the family. Secure a 1 month leave from her present place of work to come and spend sometime in Nigeria, and finally encourage the husband to increase his efforts at getting a job to take care of the family should her comming back to Nigeria become pertinent. wink

I would also like to know how you characterize people like me. I will look to see the movie though then we can talk some more about it
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by JustGood(m): 9:29am On Apr 04, 2008
oyb wrote
let me answer your question , since you are too dumb to read between the lines:

only a loser will insist that his spouse leave a paid job to come home to join him in unemployment. what sort of thinking is that?

does he even love his wife? he's busy giving ultimatums -

it is the husband you should be challenging - he is the one who decided to leave - probably because his ego cannot take the fact that his wife has become with the defacto breadwinner .

you have to be completely stupid to believe that love and marriage is all about how much money a couple have available to them

you are even dafter to ask if he loves his wife. a man marries a woman and want her with him and you say it's wrong for him to desire to have his wife with him. Do you have any brain at all?

Every partner in a couple has the right to demand certain things of their relationship and one of the main things in every relationshsip is companionship. what kind of companionship exists when the wife is in Ireland for several years without seeing the husband?
It's a no brainer but you're obviously too daft too see that
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2008
A relationship without finance, will be like driving a car witout oil. The car will carry you for a while, just before the engine knocks at which point there can be no damage control. lipsrsealed

My question now is this, if the man is head bent on her comming back all along and she has been away for years, why has he been collecting money from her all these years for up keep, rent payment and the likes. I was just thinking aloud undecided

There is really no need to take panadol (pain killers) for another man's headache wink
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by ashe2(f): 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2008
[quote][/quote] dont listen to anyone and go back home shei wen u pple wen doing i do , i do. u didnt hav misgivings or wen u pple were kilomiki and giving birth u didnt hav misgivings now its not all about you dere is no where dat there is no strife my sister u dont know and dont want to know wat seperation do to kids.believe me there is nothing dat if u go down on ur knees and pray to God dat cant be changed.He is Able to do more exceedingly and abundantly all you can ever ask or imagine.God help you
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2008
JustGood:

oyb wrote
you have to be completely stupid to believe that love and marriage is all about how much money a couple have available to them

you are even dafter to ask if he loves his wife. a man marries a woman and want her with him and you say it's wrong for him to desire to have his wife with him. Do you have any brain at all?

Every partner in a couple has the right to demand certain things of their relationship and one of the main things in every relationshsip is companionship. what kind of companionship exists when the wife is in Ireland for several years without seeing the husband?
It's a no brainer but you're obviously too daft too see that

i can see the sort of relationship you are looking for. you'ree one of those 'submission' types, aren't you

it would seem you are the one without a brain - it took you what over a week and some 25+ posts before you could come up with a reply. at least i don't have to piggy back more intelligent posters before i can think of a reply. in addition to being dumb, and mildly obssesive( long after i've forgetten about you and your posts) you have a selective attention span. i seem to remeber apologizing for my choice of words.

take your boner somewhere else.

you keep making it clearer how slow you are. or maybe you are one of those dyed in the wool ajebos who thinks that money will somehow show up even of you have no source of income  tongue
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by jkpretty(f): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Ayomikun

U are still asking question? Place ur ghana-must-go on head and run home cool
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by almondjoy(f): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2008
jkpretty:

@Ayomikun

You are still asking question? Place your ghana-must-go on head and run home cool

I think it is her sister who has the problem not her. . . I hope! cheesy

Dalby:

I would really love to know when you saw the movie

Nobody has asked this woman to discard her husband, at least not me wink We are caught up between 2 issues, the moral issue and practical reality. People go through far less and do not survive; there are no absolutes in life. The good book says do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Remove the log from your eyes before removing the log from your neighbours eyes all these laws are pointers for man to know thyself because there in lies liberation of freedom. If you are a doctor in a life threatening kidnapping situation, be a doctor in that situation and not RAMBO.

Compromise , we do not know what she has or has not done. True all women have seen the unemployment side of their spouse same situation, but all women do not handle the situation in the same manner why

A man lay at his sick bed seconds away from dying. In that instant he had flash backs from the day he was born, to his first day at school, his successes and failures, highs and lows and the events that led him to his sick bed. Critical decision moments of his life shown before him, the only regrets he had as he lay there were decisions that he did not take, because all those that he took led him to this point.

What I said is for her to convince her husband why she has to stay some more, being in the best long term interest of the family.

Secure a 1 month leave from her present place of work to come and spend sometime in Nigeria, and finally encourage the husband to increase his efforts at getting a job to take care of the family should her comming back to Nigeria become pertinent. wink

I would also like to know how you characterize people like me. I will look to see the movie though then we can talk some more about it

I saw that movie last year. I really could not get much of a solution from all you wrote up there. Please in some 2 sentences or less could you please share with us what this woman should do. You are so stuck at the "problem analysis" phase of this relationship. Solution please.

I would characterize you as one who likes to stew about problems thinking they would go away on their own, while sitting in one place to "fast, pray and pay tithes" hoping for a miracle without moving an inch from your bed! Ifthe man could be convinced, I am sure he would not be giving an ultimatum.

Solutions please and stop dancing around the problem!

Thank you! kiss
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Almondjoy

What I said is for her to convince her husband why she has to stay some more, being in the best long term interest of the family. Secure a 1 month leave from her present place of work to come and spend sometime in Nigeria, and finally encourage the husband to increase his efforts at getting a job to take care of the family should her comming back to Nigeria become pertinent.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2008
I was not referring to you when I was talking about the logs and spec. What I was merely saying was that we all need to look inwards, understand ourselves, and it is only then we can understand others and live with them wink

As you can see in my last post, I am not really in support of this woman moving immediately to Nigeria but to thread carefully cool

almondjoy:

I saw that movie last year. I really could not get much of a solution from all you wrote up there. Please in some 2 sentences or less could you please share with us what this woman should do. You are so stuck at the "problem analysis" phase of this relationship. Solution please.

I would characterize you as one who likes to stew about problems thinking they would go away on their own, while sitting in one place to "fast, pray and pay tithes" hoping for a miracle without moving an inch from your bed! If the man could be convinced, I am sure he would not be giving an ultimatum.
Solutions please and stop dancing around the problem!

Thank you! kiss

I asked when you saw the movie because your comments here and the one at the jobless head of house are really not in tandem. I was thinking probably that it was because of the movie undecided

When we are angry, we can say anything to hurt the others person, and I am feeling it is under that circumstance that this was said, a man trying to assert authority. If the woman chooses to be stubborn and say never, it will have moved from that to an affront on his ego. At this point there is often no going back. On the other hand if she tell him that she will comply, then goes ahead to ask for a month leave from her employer, comes back to Nigeria. The man will definitely calm down knowing that she obeyed him. That way his ego is intact and she can then suggest to him rationally what she thinks is the best way forward tongue

I bet you in less than 4 weeks she will be on her way back to Ireland.

I do not think that your characterization was anywhere near correct patience is actually a good virtue you know. I actually make reference to the bible because there is so much wisdom in it, but unfortunately most of my views are actually not in line with what most people believe (Preachers and followers alike). I believe in Karma, cause and effect but their views are twisted on the subject. Tithing from your perspective, I have not done since 1999. It goes beyond giving 10% of your income to the pastor the church, read the sermon on the mount lipsrsealed
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by almondjoy(f): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2008
Dalby:

I was not referring to you when I was talking about the logs and spec. What I was merely saying was that we all need to look inwards, understand ourselves, and it is only then we can understand others and live with them wink

As you can see in my last post, I am not really in support of this woman moving immediately to Nigeria but to thread carefully cool

I asked when you saw the movie because your comments here and the one at the jobless head of house are really not in tandem. I was thinking probably that it was because of the movie undecided

When we are angry, we can say anything to hurt the others person, and I am feeling it is under that circumstance that this was said, a man trying to assert authority. If the woman chooses to be stubborn and say never, it will have moved from that to an affront on his ego. At this point there is often no going back. On the other hand if she tell him that she will comply, then goes ahead to ask for a month leave from her employer, comes back to Nigeria. The man will definitely calm down knowing that she obeyed him. That way his ego is intact and she can then suggest to him rationally what she thinks is the best way forward tongue

I do not think that your characterization was anywhere near correct patience is actually a good virtue you know. I actually make reference to the bible because there is so much wisdom in it, but unfortunately most of my views are actually not in line with what most people believe (Preachers and followers alike). I[b] believe in Karma, cause and effect but their views are twisted on the subject. [/b] Tithing from your perspective, I have not done since 1999. It goes beyond giving 10% of your income to the pastor the church, read the sermon on the mount lipsrsealed

Of course I knew you were referring to the poster.  Did I come to Nairaland to say I have this kind of problem? grin Yes the other thread just focussed on joblessness and the relationship with being the head of the household, and nothing else.  So I treated it as such.  What we have here is a family situation for a woman who really has business away from her husband and family. Different situation here!

All those reference to praying fasting and tithing was just in jest to how typical Nigerians solve problems in general.  Once again all you can write in form of solution is for this lady to "thread carefully"!

How if I may ask. . . what would you do if you were in her shoes is really what I am asking you and you cannot even answer that.  Instead of playing "diplomat", just spit it out and say what you would do instead of sitting on the fence.  That is even worse than no solution! kiss

Make up your mind and tell me what you would do if you were in the woman's situation.  I think that is what this thread is all about abi?  Not speculations that lead to nowhere! kiss

Just give it your last shot!  Make it good this time without skirting around the subject and beating around the bush.  Could you be decisive for once please! undecided

Oh, one more thing. . .just for the records. Whatever any man chooses to call himself is his business. . . head of the household or tail of the dog pound! Jobless or not. . . no man is the head of my household. . .I prefer to use the term partners! kiss
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by spoilt(f): 2:30am On Apr 05, 2008
a long distance marriage is hell. pure hell. cry
no win for anyone.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by brownbonno(m): 7:07am On Apr 05, 2008
@poster,
You know the reality of the situation on ground,there is no need seeking for advice here-Nairaland.whoever is the subject of this discussion should go back home and enjoy her marriage life.
There is no need painting the husband as a lazy poor man,don;t forget it was this same man that brought her to Ireland.
Stop given Nigeria a bad name in Ireland,they are generous enough to grant your child citizenship.
@Forum
See what Irish think of Nigerians in Ireland-

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=31350

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=29976

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=29487

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=5377
http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=24005&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2008
@Almondjoy

What I said is for her to convince her husband why she has to stay some more, being in the best long term interest of the family. Secure a 1 month leave from her present place of work to come and spend sometime in Nigeria, and finally encourage the husband to increase his efforts at getting a job to take care of the family should her comming back to Nigeria become pertinent. Reason being that
When we are angry, we can say anything to hurt the others person, and I am feeling it is under these circumstance s that this was said (she must come back home or forget the marriage), a man trying to assert authority. If the woman chooses to be stubborn and says she will never come back, the situation will have moved from what it is to an affront on his ego. At this point with men, there is often no going back. On the other hand if she tells him that she will comply, then goes ahead to ask for a month leave from her employer, comes back to Nigeria. The man will definitely calm down knowing that she obeyed him first, before bringing her solution. That way his ego is intact and she can then suggest to him rationally what she thinks is the best way forward

My sister how else do you want me to explain it again. When you read my post, you always seem to gloss over my solution above. Its like there is something you want to hear from me undecided undecided undecided
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Dalby(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2008
@Almondjoy

It just hit me, she arranges with MEND through her mother, to abduct the husband. They place a ransom demand, and a time frame to pay. She refuses to pay, the man is killed. Nothing is traced to her, she remains in Ireland. Moves the child and mother in Nigeria to Ireland and they all leave happily ever after grin

On a more serious note

almondjoy:

Yes the other thread just focussed on joblessness and the relationship with being the head of the household, and nothing else. So I treated it as such. What we have here is a family situation for a woman who really has business away from her husband and family. Different situation here!

In both cases, the man was jobless, and the woman was the bread winner for the family.
In both cases, the man and the woman were married. As far as I can see, the only difference is that they were both staying together in one case while in the other, they are not. You seem to be more interested in preserving family in this case than in the other

almondjoy:

All those reference to praying fasting and tithing was just in jest to how typical Nigerians solve problems in general. Once again all you can write in form of solution is for this lady to "thread carefully"!

That was the solution you chose to see wink

almondjoy:

How if I may ask. . . what would you do if you were in her shoes is really what I am asking you and you cannot even answer that. Instead of playing "diplomat", just spit it out and say what you would do instead of sitting on the fence. That is even worse than no solution! kiss

Make up your mind and tell me what you would do if you were in the woman's situation. I think that is what this thread is all about abi? Not speculations that lead to nowhere! kiss

Just give it your last shot! Make it good this time without skirting around the subject and beating around the bush. Could you be decisive for once please! undecided

Answer is in my previous post kiss

almondjoy:

Oh, one more thing. . .just for the records. Whatever any man chooses to call himself is his business. . . head of the household or tail of the dog pound! Jobless or not. . . no man is the head of my household. . .I prefer to use the term partners! kiss

Semantics grin grin grin
If you call a child's tricycle a car, does it automatically make it a car undecided

A tricycle will always be a tricycle, and a car always a car. Each performing its unique function and adding to the whole. That the tricycle does not run as fast as the car does not make it any less important or the car superior wink
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by almondjoy(f): 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2008
Dalby:

@Almondjoy

What I said is for her to convince her husband why she has to stay some more, being in the best long term interest of the family. Secure a 1 month leave from her present place of work to come and spend sometime in Nigeria, and finally encourage the husband to increase his efforts at getting a job to take care of the family should her comming back to Nigeria become pertinent.

My sister how else do you want me to explain it again. When you read my post, you always seem to gloss over my solution above. Its like there is something you want to hear from me undecided undecided undecided

I don't gloss over your posts. . .it is just that sometimes the main points are lost when you try to play both sides of the fence. We are saying the same thing then. She should at least secure some time out of her job and get with her husband for a short while to see what's up. Same thing brother. Then you came up with all these. . .

Dalby:

@Almondjoy

What I said is for her to convince her husband why she has to stay some more, being in the best long term interest of the family.

Then. . . . . . .

Dalby:

@Almondjoy

Secure a 1 month leave from her present place of work to come and spend sometime in Nigeria, and finally encourage the husband to increase his efforts at getting a job to take care of the family should her comming back to Nigeria become pertinent.

More conditions and more conditions.

Dalby:

@Almondjoy

It just hit me, she arranges with MEND through her mother, to abduct the husband. They place a ransom demand, and a time frame to pay. She refuses to pay, the man is killed. Nothing is traced to her, she remains in Ireland. Moves the child and mother in Nigeria to Ireland and they all leave happily ever after ;[/b]D

Very funny! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dalby:

[b]Semantics
grin grin grin
If you call a child's tricycle a car, does it automatically make it a car undecided

A tricycle will always be a tricycle, and a car always a car. Each performing its unique function and adding to the whole. That the tricycle does not run as fast as the car does not make it any less important or the car superior wink

The gospel according to you. . . your interpretation and you are entitled to it ma brother. It is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! kiss No wahala and like you noted. . .pure semantics. Does not change the price of rice in China at all! cool
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by wmunonline(f): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2008
World Miss University Peace Emissary Award Contest (WMU) was established in 1986 by the United Nations under the patronage of the International Association of University Presidents IAUP, to commemorate the UN-designated year of peace. On November 30, 1981, at the 36th UN General Assembly, Costa Rica proposed the establishment of the “International Day and Year of Peace”’ as requested by the IAUP Executive Committee. On this, 157 nations unanimously voted in favour of the cause( World Miss University Peace Emissary's Award Contest). As a result of the summit, the 3rd Tuesday of September is recognized as the “Day of World Peace”, In 1993, the UN Under Secretary-General, Mr. Vladimir Petrovsky, conferred the status of "International Peace Emissaries" to all World Miss University participants on behalf of the UN Secretary-General.
Since its creation, World Miss University (WMU) has held 20 International Contests with undergraduates participating from all over the world. World Miss University is strongly dedicated to achieving world peace and engages in various campaigns and projects that promote love and harmony, Peace movement for a united world, Global Family, Members of the human race, Environmental campaign for our survival on earth.
Re: Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2008
wmunonline:

World Miss University Peace Emissary Award Contest (WMU) was established in 1986 by the United Nations under the patronage of the International Association of University Presidents IAUP, to commemorate the UN-designated year of peace. On November 30, 1981, at the 36th UN General Assembly, Costa Rica proposed the establishment of the “International Day and Year of Peace”’ as requested by the IAUP Executive Committee. On this, 157 nations unanimously voted in favour of the cause( World Miss University Peace Emissary's Award Contest). As a result of the summit, the 3rd Tuesday of September is recognized as the “Day of World Peace”, In 1993, the UN Under Secretary-General, Mr. Vladimir Petrovsky, conferred the status of "International Peace Emissaries" to all World Miss University participants on behalf of the UN Secretary-General.
Since its creation, World Miss University (WMU) has held 20 International Contests with undergraduates participating from all over the world. World Miss University is strongly dedicated to achieving world peace and engages in various campaigns and projects that promote love and harmony, Peace movement for a united world, Global Family, Members of the human race, Environmental campaign for our survival on earth.

sorry, but is this relevant to the topic? tongue . . .and who cares? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Prefers Spending All Of His Time With His Friends. / For The LADIES: Do You Wash Your Undies While Bathing. / What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.