Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba (13231 Views)

Former President Jonathan Appointments In His 5+years,north Never CRIED / Jonathan Makes 5 Appointments In Education Ministry / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by chyz(m): 1:22am On Mar 14, 2013
[size=18pt]‘Appointments in Aviation ministry better under Oduah’[/size]
On March 14, 2013 · In News
12:40 am
Tweet

By Kenneth Ehigiator

LAGOS — Former General Manager in charge of administration at the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, FAAN, Mr. Bitrus Agba, has said that appointments into positions in parastatals under the Ministry of Aviation had never been better balanced than now, noting that cries of marginalisation by some sections of the country were misplaced.

Agba, who spoke in an interview with Vanguard, said: “When the people of the South-West allege that they were marginalised by the appointment of the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, I get amused. And when I hear that the appointment she made was dominated by people from the South-East I get bewildered.

“If you check it you will discover that Oduah’s appointments were the most balanced in the industry since 1999 because it gave full representation to every part of the country. But I know why the South West is surprisingly crying marginalisation

“In the past they used to dominate every appointment made in the industry. And even now, if you get the list of all the workers in all the aviation parastatals, you will find out that they have the highest number of appointments.

“They are alleging ethnic cleansing because other parts of the country have been given opportunity. What I have come to know about Nigeria is that when you enjoy an unjustifiable advantage, you would want it to continue and when there is any effort to address the injustice, those benefitting will start shouting because they see it as a right to cheat others.

“For example, I was privileged to access some documents in the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria when Richard Aisuebeogun was the Managing Director of the Authority. These documents revealed that the former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani Kayode, employed about 30 persons in FAAN. Sixteen of them were made assistant general managers, deputy general managers and general managers, while the rest were absorbed in other ranks.

“These people did not have any aviation experience before they were employed. In fact, most of them came from local government councils and others were just thugs. These 30 people came from Osun and Ogun states.

“When many of them were examined medically prior to their employment, they failed medical tests; yet they were still absorbed. Many of them are still there till now.

“That is the way he deployed about the same number of people to the other aviation agencies. Now, I cannot recall any group from other parts of Nigeria crying ethnic cleansing. I cannot recall the unions raising hell about it.

“I also know that there were efforts to reduce staff in FAAN at that time because of over bloated manpower, as the authority lacked technical personnel but had very high number of administrative personnel because unprofessional people were dumped in the authority.

“I remember that all the efforts made to reduce that number failed because some powerful people were contacted to kill that move. And so the agency lives with that burden till today. The question is why was there no outcry about marginalisation and ethnic cleansing then?

“To me, it was because the people that over the years have seen it as a right to dominate other people made the appointments. They did not even consider federal character; they did not even consider getting few people from other parts of the country; yet there was no deafening outcry.”

“Today, Princess Oduah employed Nigerians into the parastastals, taking cognizance of the federal character and some people are crying wolf. I need to be contradicted, but I am sure that most of those who are crying ethnic cleansing and marginalisation have not seen the actual number of people employment and where they came from. Somebody just threw allegation into the air and it automatically transmuted into a fact; nobody cares to verify because the objective is to run some people down.

“Some people, especially some journalists who are campaigning against the appointment had argued that two wrongs does not make a right; that because somebody did it in the past does not mean that somebody should do it again. I wish this argument and logic started at least six years ago. That is why I said I am amused when I read this in the papers.

“I think the earlier we realised that every Nigerian has a stake in this country and has equal opportunity in this country the better we hoped to sustain the future of our dear nation. Those who think they will continue to lord it over others should think again and realise that Nigeria was not created for them alone; it was created for all Nigerians.

“Campaign of calumny can never submerge the truth; it can only heat up the political system and facts always stand out at the end of the day. And it is even surprising that the people of south west are the ones crying ethnic cleansing and marginalisation.

“I remember some years back when they were mocking a region well known for the word, marginalisation and accusing them of whipping up self-pity sentiments. Isn’t it surprising that the words ethnic cleansing and marginalisation are not, after all, a monopoly of some other ethnic groups.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/appointments-in-aviation-ministry-better-under-oduah/

31 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Bobandgreat: 1:33am On Mar 14, 2013
We all know this, just that a working society is a taboo for some pple. Well lets see how hardworking some of us are without being spoonfed.
Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Mar 14, 2013
If I am to go by personal account of someone close to me, then, the Yoruba could easily be termed the most clannish and tribalistic Nigerians.

The guy in question recounted MANY instances of Yoruba thwarting his ascension in his engineering profession. I would not like to recount all the instances, but he just told me yesterday that the Yoruba dominated branch of the oil company where he is working, just bypassed him on his DUE promotion. Their game plan was to get him angry so that in his anger he would do something rash and they would then instigate his firing. I personally told him to calm down and play dead for now. Their day of reckoning will come one day. I told him to read and meditate on Psalm 37.

Let me say this now. There is no way for Nigeria to move forward without a MASSIVE overhaul of the system. A lot of "parapo" dudes are sitting on top of COMPETENT Nigerian working staff. For me, the most significant reason why that system has to change is that the people doing this are mainly incapable and unqualified to occupy the positions from which they dominate and oppress other Nigerians. Let me give an example. Since the Yoruba dominate Nigerian oil sector engineering; pray in what areas has Nigeria distinguished herself in petrochemical and marine engineering? Is there something we dominate engineering-wise internationally, any thing? Why is Nigeria not able to account for the amount of oil she exports? Why is Nigeria still backward in engineering generally? You see, there is something Ndigbo call "ewu eri, ma okuko atu" -the goat refuses to eat, (or is incapable of eating something), yet will fight tooth and nail to ensure that the chicken never eats it! That is the height of wickedness and a unique type of corruption that must be fought to a stand still for Nigeria to move forward.

BTW such unique corruption will NEVER stop until Ministers start acting like Stella Oduah. cool

34 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by aljharem(m): 2:11am On Mar 14, 2013
^^^^^^^^ But the Oil industry is controlled by Foriegners, and Igbos so what are you blabbing about ?

2 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:14am On Mar 14, 2013
wth. the article content is exact opposite of topic title the ethnic cleansing going on in Aviation ministry is against yorubas! THe minister is an igbo person called Oduah and he is being accused of discriminating against yoruba.
moderators need to start checking all these igbo propaganda threads. una hatred for yorubas don dey get out of hand. posting trash topics all over the place.
but theen what can I say, the moderator himself is part of the biafra cabal.

10 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by aljharem(m): 2:17am On Mar 14, 2013
c.fours:
wth. the article content is exact opposite of topic title the ethnic cleansing going on in Aviation ministry is against yorubas! THe minister is an igbo person. moderators need to start checking all these igbo propaganda threads. una hatred for yorubas don dey get out of hand. posting trash topics all over the place.
but theen what can I say, the moderator himself is part of the biafra cabal.

Don't worry, I left them for a year now thinking we are dealing with civil people but Igbos would forever remain tribalistic, that is a fact. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth: If I am to go by personal account of someone close to me, then, the Yoruba could easily be termed the most clannish and tribalistic Nigerians.

The guy in question recounted MANY instances of Yoruba thwarting his ascension in his engineering profession. I would not like to recount all the instances, but he just told me yesterday that the Yoruba dominated branch of the oil company where he is working, just bypassed him on his DUE promotion. Their game plan was to get him angry so that in his anger he would do something rash and they would then instigate his firing. I personally told him to calm down and play dead for now. Their day of reckoning will come one day. I told him to read and meditate on Psalm 37.

Let me say this now. There is no way for Nigeria to move forward without a MASSIVE overhaul of the system. A lot of "parapo" dudes are sitting on top of COMPETENT Nigerian working staff. For me, the most significant reason why that system has to change is that the people doing this are mainly incapable and unqualified to occupy the positions from which they dominate and oppress other Nigerians. Let me give an example. Since the Yoruba dominate Nigerian oil sector engineering; pray in what areas has Nigeria distinguished herself in petrochemical and marine engineering? Is there something we dominate engineering-wise internationally, any thing? Why is Nigeria not able to account for the amount of oil she exports? Why is Nigeria still backward in engineering generally? You see, there is something Ndigbo call "ewu eri, ma okuko atu" -the goat refuses to eat, (or is incapable of eating something), yet will fight tooth and nail to ensure that the chicken never eats it! That is the height of wickedness and a unique type of corruption that must be fought to a stand still for Nigeria to move forward.

BTW such unique corruption will NEVER stop until Ministers start acting like Stella Oduah. cool

What goes around comes around. The day of reckoning for all you haters is near.

4 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Mar 14, 2013
Aigbofa:

It is just so unfortunate that why there turn comes, they would whin to a point that one would pity them.
Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:22am On Mar 14, 2013
@Onlytruth, let me guess, your "friend" lives in surulere, LAGOS.
then, maybe it's time for him to move back to Enugu!!!

rubbish. as if you are dashing yoruba people govt posts left and right in your own land.

6 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:22am On Mar 14, 2013
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^ But the Oil industry is controlled by Foriegners, and Igbos so what are you blabbing about ?

You should also read and meditate carefully on the words of Psalm 37.
If you do not repent, be rest assured that your fate will be that of a man cursed by God for oppressing the poor and lowly.
Man may forgive carelessly but God NEVER forgives unless the person repents.

It is not too late to repent. wink

13 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:23am On Mar 14, 2013
c.fours:
@Onlytruth, let me guess, your "friend" lives in surulere, LAGOS.
then, maybe it's time for him to move back to Enugu!!!

rubbish. as if you are dashing yoruba people govt posts left and right in your own land.

Is Suru Lere not part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
If the answer is yes, then, don't you see how foolish you sound?

17 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:23am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

If you do not repent, be rest assured that your fate will be that of a man cursed by God for oppressing the poor and lowly.

even the devil himself can quote the bible. what are you trying to prove? some sort of self-righteousness? are we supposed to be impressed?

what a hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:24am On Mar 14, 2013
c.fours:

even the devil himself can quote the bible. what are you trying to prove? some sort of self-righteousness? are we supposed to be impressed?

what a hypocrite

If you refuse to answer the question, I will simply step above you and move on. cool

8 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:26am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

Is Suru Lere not part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
If the answer is yes, then, don't you see how foolish you sound?

How many yorubas have rights and posts in SE (also part of Federal Republic of Nigeria).
last time I checked there was a topic here about the discrimination faced by yorubas in SE. and all the igbos on that thread were telling them to go back to their land. so I have a right to tell you the same.

5 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by alex14(m): 2:26am On Mar 14, 2013
chyz:

“For example, I was privileged to access some documents in the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria when Richard Aisuebeogun was the Managing Director of the Authority. These documents revealed that the former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani Kayode, employed about 30 persons in FAAN. Sixteen of them were made assistant general managers, deputy general managers and general managers, while the rest were absorbed in other ranks.

“These people did not have any aviation experience before they were employed. In fact, most of them came from local government councils and others were just thugs. These 30 people came from Osun and Ogun states.

When many of them were examined medically prior to their employment, they failed medical tests; yet they were still absorbed. Many of them are still there till now.

I remember I once said to my Igbo brethren that "the greatest lie ever told by the devil was convincing humanity it didn't exist". The yorubas with the aid of their media propaganda were able to deceive shallow nigerians that they were the best at everything and the most "educated". Well, this sort of thing will everly continue as far as nigeria exists,,,eventually, the north will one day get its turn to rule and their partner, SW will be invited to come join the feast again,,,they're not clamouring for a northern president for nothing.

12 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Ufeolorun(m): 2:27am On Mar 14, 2013
I think competence is key and If we have to talk about merit,maybe we should start with how this "toning",contact lens wearing minister got this job.
I am open to learning about her competence?
I believe our federal structure is a revolving system of waste :Stella Odua will go ,"Monica Obatala" will come and the Waste will continue
Shior!

1 Like

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

So, ibos are now the oppressed, poor and lowly? They are no longer richer and more powerful than everyone else?

10 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:28am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

If you refuse to answer the question, I will simply step above you and move on. cool

it's not your fault. rotfl
eze-furufu of nairaland. isn't that your title? or what is your title again?

Thanks to the mods for changing the title to a more appropriate one!!

2 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by aljharem(m): 2:28am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

You quote the bible yet you are lying and causing strife among brothers ? Are you OK ?
Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:28am On Mar 14, 2013
c.fours:

How many yorubas have rights and posts in SE (also part of Federal Republic of Nigeria).
last time I checked there was a topic here about the discrimination faced by yorubas in SE. and all the igbos on that thread were telling them to go back to their land. so I have a right to tell you the same.

So, you mean that a multinational oil company who operate out of Lagos is now a Yoruba company?
If there is no oil in Eastern Nigeria (at least about 70% of Nigeria's oil is in the East) would that company be in Lagos?

14 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:29am On Mar 14, 2013
alj harem:

You quote the bible yet you are lying and causing strife among brothers ? Are you OK ?

I never lie. That is one thing I make sure of. I may double lay emphasis on a point, BUT I never lie. cool

3 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by alex14(m): 2:29am On Mar 14, 2013
Aigbofa:

What day of reckoning are you talking about? I think the media is making it seem like every yoruba is fired from the civil service,,,what is going on here is simply following the federal character principle.

10 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:31am On Mar 14, 2013
alex_101: I remember I was said to my Igbo brethren that "the greatest lie ever told by the devil was convincing humanity it didn't exist". The yorubas with the aid of their media propaganda were able to deceive shallow nigerians that they were the best at everything and the most "educated". Well, this sort of thing will everly continue as far as nigeria exists,,,eventually, the north will one day get its turn to rule and their partner, SW will be invited to come join the feast again,,,they're not clamouring for a northern president for nothing.

Nwanne ike gwuru! cry

9 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 14, 2013
alex_101: What day of reckoning are you talking about? I think the media is making it seem like every yoruba is fired from the civil service,,,what is going on here is simply following the federal character principle.

Exactly my point. We will also follow the Federal character when the time comes.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:33am On Mar 14, 2013
My main concern is that NOTHING is working engineering -wise in Nigeria, and Yoruba dominate engineering.
We were in near total darkness until Igbo engineers like Nnaji showed up.

My concern is that Nigeria cannot account for oil exports, yet, we have engineers who sit down on top of more competent ones.
Quite sad.

17 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by koruji(m): 2:34am On Mar 14, 2013
This coming from people who cannot wait till they can take their first steps before packing their meager belongings to come to the SW for a better life.
Yeah, Yorubas are really clanish, yet it is in the SW that you find this same people throwing accusations prospering without disturbance.
The people who have killed you in the hundreds and thousands are not clanish, it is those who have welcomed you with open arms that are clanish.
And no, you yourself are not clanish when you get to Yoruba land and form yourself into "Ibo" groups, and dangerous to yourself, claim that you dominate everything everywhere.
You haven't learned the meaning of being clanish until you start receiving your own crooked coins.
You have one personal hearsay about a Yoruba person, I have 1000 hearsays about Ibo people.
Primitive punk.

Onlytruth:
If I am to go by personal account of someone close to me, then, the Yoruba could easily be termed the most clannish and tribalistic Nigerians.

12 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by aljharem(m): 2:34am On Mar 14, 2013
alex_101: I remember I was said to my Igbo brethren that "the greatest lie ever told by the devil was convincing humanity it didn't exist". The yorubas with the aid of their media propaganda were able to deceive shallow nigerians that they were the best at everything and the most "educated". Well, this sort of thing will everly continue as far as nigeria exists,,,eventually, the north will one day get its turn to rule and their partner, SW will be invited to come join the feast again,,,they're not clamouring for a northern president for nothing.

The SW is not the norths partner. You Igbos are really stu.pid. So If I am not for Igbo I must be for the north ?

If I am not for the north I must be for the Igbos ?

I really pity the SS that joins biafra. Why are you so myopic and stu.pid ?

Who were the rulers of the first republic that destoryed Nigeria ? Igbos

Were northerners and Igbos partners ?

Moreover I beat my chest that Yes Yorubas are at least more educated than Igbos. BTW you don't have to agree

Just compare any SE governor to SW governor. Compare you and I, etc Compare Jarus to Onlytruth (it is an insult to jarus) Compare Dede to Katsumoto, Compare Fstranger, Jason, Ekt bear etc to any Igbo on Nairaland

Now lets go back to the basics, compare Nnamdi to Awolowo

15 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:35am On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

So, you mean that a multinational oil company who operate out of Lagos is now a Yoruba company?
If there is no oil in Eastern Nigeria (at least about 70% of Nigeria's oil is in the East) would that company be in Lagos?

eze-nfurufu, you make no sense so I will ignore you.
enjoy talking to yourself. ciao cool

2 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by cfours: 2:36am On Mar 14, 2013
koruji:
And no, you yourself are not clanish when you get to Yoruba land and form yourself into "Ibo" groups, and dangerous to yourself, claim that you dominate everything everywhere.

*falls from tree* cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by aljharem(m): 2:37am On Mar 14, 2013
koruji: This coming from people who cannot wait till they can take their first steps before packing their meager belongings to come to the SW for a better life.
Yeah, Yorubas are really clanish, yet it is in the SW that you find this same people throwing accusations prospering without disturbance.
The people who have killed you in the hundreds and thousands are not clanish, it is those who have welcomed you with open arms that are clanish.
You haven't learned the meaning of being clanish until you start receiving your own crooked coins.
You have one personal hearsay about a Yoruba person, I have 1000 hearsays about Ibo people.
[size=18pt]Primitive punk.[/size]

Gbam, Primitive is the KEY WORD
Need I say more, I am out ! grin

1 Like

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:38am On Mar 14, 2013
alj harem:

The SW is not the norths partner. You Igbos are really stu.pid. So If I am not for Igbo I must be for the north ?

If I am not for the north I must be for the Igbos ?

I really pity the SS that joins biafra. Why are you so myopic and stu.pid ?

Who were the rulers of the first republic that destoryed Nigeria ? Igbos

Were northerners and Igbos partners ?

Moreover I beat my chest that Yes Yorubas are at least more educated than Igbos. BTW you don't have to agree

Just compare any SE governor to SW governor. Compare you and I, etc Compare Jarus to Onlytruth (it is an insult to jarus) Compare Dede to Katsumoto, Compare Fstranger, Jason, Ekt bear etc to any Igbo on Nairaland

Now lets go back to the basics, compare Nnamdi to Awolowo

My friend you are the biggest coward in Nairaland. I hope you know.
A person who is too ashamed to identify his own group, yet feels competent to discuss others is the greatest coward ever created by God.

19 Likes

Re: Appointments In Aviation Are Better Under Oduah - Bitrus Agba by Onlytruth(m): 2:40am On Mar 14, 2013
BTW no amount of ad hominems would sway the trajectory of our argument. cool
Yoruba sit down on jobs they cannot execute well for Nigeria. FACT. cool

They are foisting incompetence on the whole nation of 160 million.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group / Gov. Chime At London Hospital For ENT Condition / It Is Our Turn To Give Back To ABU- Governor Inuwa Yahaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.