Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding (3563 Views)

Couple Use Power-Bike For Church Wedding In Enugu(pictured) / Church & Wedding Reception At Lagos Beach By Nigerian Couple (photos) / Lagos Bride Does Nikhai, Church Wedding And Reception For 3 Days (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by jisola(f): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2008
hi,
i'm about getting married, but my pastor called me and told me that i should not make noise, that i should do a small wedding, pls i need your advice which sholuld i do, traditional,registry or church wedding, my guy insists that obedience is better than sacrifice, that we should abide stictly to what the pastor says, pls advice what should i do
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by almondjoy(f): 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2008
Traditional anyday.  Followed by a simple registry wedding.  Don't like church weddings at all.  Especially in Nigeria. . . .they all look hungry and nothing goes according to plan in the dirty environment including the uncompleted buildings without airconditioning called churches.  Futher more, it is becoming increasingly common to have multiple brides and grooms on the day of your wedding so the day is not special afterall.  That is what white people do best, it is their culture.  Black church weddings are too fake and boring!  Love traditional weddings with all the proverbs and local jokes/teasings between the families. 

Boy!  All those traditional songs leading the bride to the grooms arms or house just makes me cry buckets!

Church weddings. . . please!  We know that belongs to the pure virgins! cheesy  10month pregnant virgins in labor as they exchange vows! cheesy

Most of the guys look like haunting dogs in the so-called suits while the "bush" brides just look like broke bothered Cindarellas with al the stupid flowers in their hair or what ever they call those veils or tiaras.

Na by force?

Chei!  Laff wan killllly me eeeeeeeeeeeh! grin

Nigerians!
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2008
@poster

y did ur pastor tell u to do a quiet wedding?traditional wedding is compulsory(in d´igbo land),and for me church wedding is better off than registry
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by efuah(f): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2008
Traditonal
Registry
Church wedding
. . .  both of the three grin

@poster, do what will make u feel good ma dear. . . some pastors sometime speak from the stomach not "holy spirit" directives thingy.
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by almondjoy(f): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2008
efuah:

Traditonal
Registry
Church wedding
. . . both of the three grin

Ole! cheesy
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by almondjoy(f): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2008
Come oh?  Why is that food always finishes in Nigerian weddings within one hour of the receptions? Then 2 hours into the reception, everyone is begging for pure water sachets? cheesy
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by kolaoloye(m): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2008
Obedience is better than Sacrifice. Whichever you do    
        pls keep it low.YOU have been Warned

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by ifyalways(f): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2008
almondjoy:

Traditional anyday. Followed by a simple registry wedding.  Don't like church weddings at all. Especially in Nigeria. . . .they all look hungry and nothing goes according to plan in the dirty environment including the uncompleted buildings without airconditioning called churches. Futher more, it is becoming increasingly common to have multiple brides and grooms on the day of your wedding so the day is not special afterall.  That is what white people do best.   Love traditional weddings with all the proverbs and local jokes betweent the families.  

Boy!  All those traditional songs leading the bride to the grooms arms or house just makes me cry buckets!

agreeded.lol the beads,jokes,songs and even the dressing.lol i cant miss that ooooh for any other type  kiss i love Traditional weddings.
@OP,why did your pastor suggest a quiet wedding?its YOUR wedding anyway,you have the last and final say. wink
lol happy married life in advance  kiss
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by efuah(f): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2008
almondjoy:

Ole! cheesy
hehehe. . . na ma mind i dey speak grin

almondjoy:

Come oh? Why is that food always finishes in Nigerian weddings within one hour of the receptions? Then 2 hours into the reception, everyone is begging for pure water sachets? cheesy

rotfl. . . everywia AJ, everywia! grin
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by almondjoy(f): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2008
efuah:

hehehe. . . na ma mind i dey speak grin

rotfl. . . everywia AJ, everywia! grin

Speak your mind ma dear.  How the food no go finish for Naija wedding when the guest list has agberos in more numbers than family members.

ifyalways:

agreeded.lol the beads,jokes,songs and even the dressing.lol i can't miss that ooooh for any other type  kiss i love Traditional weddings.
@OP,why did your pastor suggest a quiet wedding?its YOUR wedding anyway,you have the last and final say. wink
lol happy married life in advance  kiss

I had a blast at ma traditional.  I could only upload it in ma personal profile picture area.  Thanks to banorable.  These darling Edo princesses sang me all the way to the waiting laps of ma beloved.  I cried the whole way there like a sheep being led for slaughter.  Ooooooooooh sweet slaughter.  The white wedding was stressful and just irritating with the long sermons and stupid preachings of you may kiss the bride. When we had been kissing and shimmering for ever before the event.  I just hate the hypocrisy of it all.  Looking back, if not for ma parents, I would not have a church wedding.  A bloody waste of time! Ugly pastor preaching rubbish! Reception. . . .what a dreadful drag! Jam packed with children running all over the place.

Very annoying!

he he he. cheesy
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by efuah(f): 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2008
awwwwwwwww grin
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by kolaoloye(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2008
efuah:

awwwwwwwww grin

Which one is awww, Tell us about your own cheesy
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by efuah(f): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2008
lol, u want to hear? grin

lemme make it short for u

i met him
i love him
we married
we did it
we have a son. . . ya dig? tongue
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by tkb417(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2008
Why spend all ma cash to feed people?
no be me and them. .i go use the money buy the latest Jeep for the babe.

Silent thingy. .i cant shout o! witches full berekete
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by izeek(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2008
YOU ONLY GET TO DO THIS ONCE IN UR LIFETIME, SO PROB U THINK HARD IF U WANT A QUIET WEDDING DAT PPL MIGHT NOT REMEMBER BUT UR MARRIED LIFE BECOMES A SUCCESS, OR A LOUD ONE EVERYBODY REMEMBERS COS THE MARRIAGE FINALLY FAILED.
HAPPY MARRIED LIFE.
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by Busta(f): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2008
izeek:

YOU ONLY GET TO DO THIS ONCE IN UR LIFETIME, SO PROB You THINK HARD IF You WANT A QUIET WEDDING DAT PPL MIGHT NOT REMEMBER BUT UR MARRIED LIFE BECOMES A SUCCESS, OR A LOUD ONE EVERYBODY REMEMBERS COS THE MARRIAGE FINALLY FAILED.
HAPPY MARRIED LIFE.

not anymore oh
pple marry as much as 5x in a lifetime.

@topic,
as long as u guys love each other . . .why not just go for the one u can afford. At the end of the day, everyone goes to the respective house with full stomach and u go to ur husbands'.
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by PERVERT9: 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2008
none of themis beta they are all foreign go traditional jo so that you would have a blank cheque
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by bawomolo(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2008
las vegas chapel. cheap and u could get the wedding annuled if u change ur mind.
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2008
My dear, be smart a court wedding secures your future and that of your kids much more than a church wedding will. Its more legally binding and offers more protection not that we are wishing you basd but its always good to plan for eventualities. It also saves you unnecessary hassles with inlaws.
Re: Which Is Better, A Registry Wedding Or Church Wedding by stephnina0(f): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
I don't believe in church weddings, it doesn't make sense to me any more.my Fiance n I have decided to have a traditional wedding and at the registry smiley

(1) (Reply)

Coca Cola Prices / Tonto Dikeh Performs At AY Live (in Booty Shorts With A Lot Of Butt Cheeks) / Banky-w Is Not Married, He Is On A Movie Set "The Wedding Party"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.