Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:35 PM

Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race (13821 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
Soludo, as the PDP candidate will pose a very serious threat to APGA!
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Onlytruth(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
Charles Chukwuma Soludo remains the ONLY candidate I can see in next elections if he contests.
He stands heads, shoulders, torso and waist above the rest.

Anambra is a sophisticated state. It is time we pick a sophisticated governor.
With Soludo at the helms in Anambra, the whole Eastern Nigeria will come alive and create a dominant economic hub in Africa.

Soludo ka anyi ga eso. cool

2 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Onlytruth(m): 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
In fact if Soludo decides to contest for Anambra gubernatorial seat next year, I will campaign for him with my own money (whatever it is worth).

This is a promise I will keep. cool

PDP or no PDP, Soludo ka anyi ga eso!

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Onlytruth: Charles Chukwuma Soludo remains the ONLY candidate I can see in next elections if he contests.
He stands heads, shoulders, torso and waist above the rest.

Anambra is a sophisticated state. It is time we pick a sophisticated governor.
With Soludo at the helms in Anambra, the whole Eastern Nigeria will come alive and create a dominant economic hub in Africa.

Soludo ka anyi ga eso. cool

Eze-Igbo, ekenelu m' gi rinne but there are some men of integrity, who has worked with Peter Obi to transform Anambra to what it is today. There is Oseloka Obaze and Mr. Odenigbo who are great technocrats. Oseloka was with UN before his appointment and he is an Apga stalwart. These guys aren't very known but they comman Obis respect. He will support either of these guys and they are both from the north. Am sorry about Soludo but he is with the wrong crowd. Apga has been reenergized.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by xtgozie(m): 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]If i say i'm happy, it's an understatement. Thank God Soludo has decided to run again to salvage the situation in Anambra.[/size]
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]If i say i'm happy, it's an understatement. Thank God Soludo has decided to run again to salvage the situation in Anambra.[/size]
what made u think Soludo is d messiah Anambra needs?
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by xtgozie(m): 11:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
dridowu: I need to ask my oga at the top may be i should contest also
oji gi o
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by xtgozie(m): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Torch1: Soludo might be a good candidate but he can't win Anambra under PDP.

Watch out for Ifeanyi Patrick Uba(owner of Capital Oil), he is now selling Kerosene at subsidized rate of ₦50 per litre from one town to another.
I think he is going to be our next governor under APGA!

The man get mouth for Anambra!
i know of ifeanyi's influence on the anambra populace, especially on the low and middle class.
But i disagree with that. Because, nnewi has a great deal of money men, and it won't be fair for them to have money and power at the same time ( ifeanyi came from a community that has d most money men in d state, so de cant have money and power with them)......
All anambra senatorial zones have got their share of power, save anambra north. I will employ dem to choose from that zone.

We have all spoken well on our interest on one gubernatorial candidate or d other........ But my fear still remains, if after any of these gentle men and gurus are elected in office, will they deliver? Or won't de turn out to be the disappointment or mistake like GEJ, Obi, Rochas, Amaechi, Theodore, Elechi and their likes.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by xtgozie(m): 12:27am On Mar 15, 2013
Onlytruth: In fact if Soludo decides to contest for Anambra gubernatorial seat next year, I will campaign for him with my own money (whatever it is worth).

This is a promise I will keep. cool

PDP or no PDP, Soludo ka anyi ga eso!

igweeeeeeeeee. Ude asulu na mba, anu ya na mba.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Onlytruth(m): 5:29am On Mar 15, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Eze-Igbo, ekenelu m' gi rinne but there are some men of integrity, who has worked with Peter Obi to transform Anambra to what it is today. There is Oseloka Obaze and Mr. Odenigbo who are great technocrats. Oseloka was with UN before his appointment and he is an Apga stalwart. These guys aren't very known but they comman Obis respect. He will support either of these guys and they are both from the north. Am sorry about Soludo but he is with the wrong crowd. Apga has been reenergized.

Nwanne everything you said above is okay by me except the bolded. I am really looking for a candidate that can use Anambra state as a pad to recreate, relaunch,reinvigorate and reunite Eastern Nigeria with an economic boom. I want to see the East be THE PLACE to be in Africa. Soludo is the only person I have seen so far with such big vision. I am tired of local operators whose actions cannot envision or create such environment in Anambra. I am tired of seeing Umu Igbo (mainly umu Anambra) scattered all over Nigeria and the world hustling, when their homeland holds GREAT potentials and is very fallow. I want others to come to the East instead!

As for the zoning argument, nwanne IMHO that is one of the things wrong with the Nigerian nation. I want the BEST irrespective of where he/she comes from.
You would NEVER see me advocating for a governor from my corner of the state because he may not have the qualities to lead our great state. I want us all to reject this ZONING mindset because it is born from lack of unity and necessary spirit of brotherhood. If not that the North has failed Nigeria in the 38 years of leading Nigeria, you will not see me agitate against Northern rule.
If the Yoruba have played fair and encouraged equal access to Nigerian wealth, I would be fine with a Yoruba too. They in particular will need to prove that they can practice live and let live with power before I can advocate for a Yoruba candidate. I am saying these because a lot of people don't know that I hold these specific views.

Nigeria betrayed the spirit of brotherhood when Aburi was sabotaged in 1966, and things have never been the same ever since.

Let us all join hands to find that genius that will liberate Anambra and Eastern Nigeria, and give us our rightful position in Nigeria, nay Africa.

God bless you my brother the great priest of Nri. cool
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Scientyst(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2013
U ar funi dude
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Syncan(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2013
CFCfan:
..."We are looking at it critically. You know am still the standard-bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). If I am going to contest, it will be on the party's ticket", the versatile economist said yesterday....

Afam please read carefully.If you trust his judgement let him be in front. Soludo posses most criteria needed for that position, so I will not fault any one selflessly rooting for him, but so does quite a number of names being mentioned as well. Let the will of the people prevail and let the people make the right choice. For Soludo, his previous attempt didn't help him at all, more so, the way he went about his issues with Dora then, worsened matters too. Frankly speaking, I was among the disappointed fans of his, all the same if he is made of a different stock than what transpired at the time...well,let's just say I will not castigate him at least.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by rafindo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
xtgozie:
i know of ifeanyi's influence on the anambra populace, especially on the low and middle class.
But i disagree with that. Because, nnewi has a great deal of money men, and it won't be fair for them to have money and power at the same time ( ifeanyi came from a community that has d most money men in d state, so de cant have money and power with them)......
All anambra senatorial zones have got their share of power, save anambra north. I will employ dem to choose from that zone.

We have all spoken well on our interest on one gubernatorial candidate or d other........ But my fear still remains, if after any of these gentle men and gurus are elected in office, will they deliver? Or won't de turn out to be the disappointment or mistake like GEJ, Obi, Rochas, Amaechi, Theodore, Elechi and their likes.
.agent of mediocrity very soon we will now be reserving first position for them.pathetic how we encourage mediocrity on the altar of merit.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by xtgozie(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2013
rafindo: .agent of mediocrity very soon we will now be reserving first position for them.pathetic how we encourage mediocrity on the altar of merit.

Well I don't have any comment. My Oga at the top will make it known to u.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by league11(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
I THINK PDP WILL WIN ANAMBRA COME 2015, THEY HAVE D BEST CANDIDATES IN D PERSONS OF ANDY UBAH, DORA AKUNYILI, CHARLES SOLUDO, AKACHUKWU NWAMKPO, ANIH OKONKWO, OBINNA UZOR AND MANY MORE. I DONT SEE APGA STANDING ON THEIR OWN COME 2015, SINCE D STAKE HOLDERS ARE DOING NOTHING TO RETAIN SE STATES, I SEE CHIEF AKACHUKWU NWAMKPO WINNING D SEAT THROUGH D INFLUENCE OF GEJ. NWAMKPO N GEJ HAS BEEN SO CLOSE FROM THEIR SCH DAYS, THEY WORKED TOGETHER IN BAYELSA STATE GOVERNMENT EVENTHOUGH NWAMKPO IS FROM ANAMBRA, HE WORKED AS SPECIAL ADVSER TO GEJ WHEN HE WAS VP, HE RETAIN D SAME POSITION TILL TODAY. THEY ARE TOO CLOSE THAT AKACHUKWU'S SON MARRIED GEJ DAUGHTER IN 2010. APART FROM THAT RELATIONSHIP'S FACT, AKACHUKWU IS A POLITICAL TACTICIAN THAT CAN ATTRACT FEDERAL PROJECTS TO D STATE, HIS VISION CAN ONLY BE COMPARED WITH THAT OF FASHOLA OF LAGOS STATE. HE IS VERY HUMBLE AND DOES NOT LIVE EXTRAVAGANT LIFE. HE STILL LIVES IN HIS SIMPLE HOUSE IN D VILLAGE AND MOVES AROUND FREELY WITHOUT SECURITY, YOU WILL HARDLY BELIEVE THAT THIS GUY HAVE SEEN PRESIDENT. WE NEED THIS KIND OF PEOPLE THAT TRULY DESIRE TO SERVE N LEAVE LEGACY, THAN ALL THESE SELFISH PEOPLES THAT HAS ENEMIES HERE N THERE, PEOPLE THAT WILL SPEND YEARS FIGHTING THERE NUMEROUS ENEMIES AND SPEND D STATE FUNDS IN COMPENSATING THEIR NUMEROUS GODFATHERS. ITS TIME TO INFLUENCE D CHANGE WE DESIRE THROUGH OUR VOTE
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
league11: I THINK PDP WILL WIN ANAMBRA COME 2015, THEY HAVE D BEST CANDIDATES IN D PERSONS OF ANDY UBAH, DORA AKUNYILI, CHARLES SOLUDO, AKACHUKWU NWAMKPO, ANIH OKONKWO, OBINNA UZOR AND MANY MORE. I DONT SEE APGA STANDING ON THEIR OWN COME 2015, SINCE D STAKE HOLDERS ARE DOING NOTHING TO RETAIN SE STATES, I SEE CHIEF AKACHUKWU NWAMKPO WINNING D SEAT THROUGH D INFLUENCE OF GEJ. NWAMKPO N GEJ HAS BEEN SO CLOSE FROM THEIR SCH DAYS, THEY WORKED TOGETHER IN BAYELSA STATE GOVERNMENT EVENTHOUGH NWAMKPO IS FROM ANAMBRA, HE WORKED AS SPECIAL ADVSER TO GEJ WHEN HE WAS VP, HE RETAIN D SAME POSITION TILL TODAY. THEY ARE TOO CLOSE THAT AKACHUKWU'S SON MARRIED GEJ DAUGHTER IN 2010. APART FROM THAT RELATIONSHIP'S FACT, AKACHUKWU IS A POLITICAL TACTICIAN THAT CAN ATTRACT FEDERAL PROJECTS TO D STATE, HIS VISION CAN ONLY BE COMPARED WITH THAT OF FASHOLA OF LAGOS STATE. HE IS VERY HUMBLE AND DOES NOT LIVE EXTRAVAGANT LIFE. HE STILL LIVES IN HIS SIMPLE HOUSE IN D VILLAGE AND MOVES AROUND FREELY WITHOUT SECURITY, YOU WILL HARDLY BELIEVE THAT THIS GUY HAVE SEEN PRESIDENT. WE NEED THIS KIND OF PEOPLE THAT TRULY DESIRE TO SERVE N LEAVE LEGACY, THAN ALL THESE SELFISH PEOPLES THAT HAS ENEMIES HERE N THERE, PEOPLE THAT WILL SPEND YEARS FIGHTING THERE NUMEROUS ENEMIES AND SPEND D STATE FUNDS IN COMPENSATING THEIR NUMEROUS GODFATHERS. ITS TIME TO INFLUENCE D CHANGE WE DESIRE THROUGH OUR VOTE

Dude,you don't have to write in bold. I feel like you 're screaming at the audience.
Ok,firstly,I don't think you quite understand the dynamics of Anambra politics of today,really. Number one,Akunyili is an Apga member,so,you need to get your facts right.I will like to inform you that Apga has aa very solid foundation in Anambra and the command at least 70% of the electorate. The electorate in Anambra are mostly civil servants and the Catholic church. Peter Obi has done wonders in Anambra and the masses are very confident of his judgement. You keep mentioning Soludo,who came a distance third place at the last election and this makes me think why you think he will fair any better thiss time. Annie Okonkwo is just a money bag without a verified knowledge of Governace. And he will fail,once more.Chris Ngige is fast losing his envied support in Anambra central,where most of his supporters are drawn from. As for Andy Uba,his family has a reputation and that will work against him. Ifeanyi Uba just wanna throw money around and hope he can buy Anambrarians with that but Annie did the same during the last senatorial election but eve Dora whopped his ass, at the polls. As for the Akachukwu guy,you can only rigg him in but OKWUTE will not let that happen in his state. GEJ,knows that,too.

Now on APGA; The party has impressed the electorate in Anambra and they have come to know it as the face of the Anambra vessel. No party will displace APGA in Anambra,while Obi is still a member of the party. We have learned,well travelled and sound technocrats in the persons of Chief Paul Odenigbo and Oseloka Obaze. Both of these men are from the north and they are better candidate than Soludo,if we must be fair. They were both SSG to Obi and their contributions speak volume. The stage is set and we need the very best. Umu Omanbala,deme nu!
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nwanne everything you said above is okay by me except the bolded. I am really looking for a candidate that can use Anambra state as a pad to recreate, relaunch,reinvigorate and reunite Eastern Nigeria with an economic boom. I want to see the East be THE PLACE to be in Africa. Soludo is the only person I have seen so far with such big vision. I am tired of local operators whose actions cannot envision or create such environment in Anambra. I am tired of seeing Umu Igbo (mainly umu Anambra) scattered all over Nigeria and the world hustling, when their homeland holds GREAT potentials and is very fallow. I want others to come to the East instead!

As for the zoning argument, nwanne IMHO that is one of the things wrong with the Nigerian nation. I want the BEST irrespective of where he/she comes from.
You would NEVER see me advocating for a governor from my corner of the state because he may not have the qualities to lead our great state. I want us all to reject this ZONING mindset because it is born from lack of unity and necessary spirit of brotherhood. If not that the North has failed Nigeria in the 38 years of leading Nigeria, you will not see me agitate against Northern rule.
If the Yoruba have played fair and encouraged equal access to Nigerian wealth, I would be fine with a Yoruba too. They in particular will need to prove that they can practice live and let live with power before I can advocate for a Yoruba candidate. I am saying these because a lot of people don't know that I hold these specific views.

Nigeria betrayed the spirit of brotherhood when Aburi was sabotaged in 1966, and things have never been the same ever since.

Let us all join hands to find that genius that will liberate Anambra and Eastern Nigeria, and give us our rightful position in Nigeria, nay Africa.

God bless you my brother the great priest of Nri. cool
Nna! We are together in this.
It is Nigerian system that introduced zoning and destruction of Naija. Dem dey even use zoning for my state. Absolute nonsense.
From the kind of resources Anambra has esp human and economic, ur dream for alaigbo can thrive and Soludo/anybody like him will do just fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Website Back Online Few Hours After Hack / COVID-19: Lagos Orders Civil Servants To Work From Home Till Feb 1 / Soludo’s Aide Dismisses Allegation Of Plot To Assassinate Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.