Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race (16294 Views)

Fintiri Spends N22bn In 86 Days As Governor – APM / Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group / ADAMAWA GOVERNORSHIP : PDP Woos Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Johnnyessence(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Barely three weeks to the Peoples Democratic
Party, PDP, primary to elect the party’s flagbearer
for the governorship bye-election in Adamawa
State, a former Chairman of the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Nuhu
Ribadu, and ex-presidential adviser on political
affairs, Ahmed Gulak, have criticised Acting
Governor, Ahmadu Fintiri, for seeking to contest.
The aspirants said Fintiri’s decision was morally
wrong having led the lawmakers to impeach
former governor, Murtala Nyako.
Gulak told newsmen in his Yola residence that
Nigeria’s constitution does not permit the interim
governor’s move. “First and foremost, Fintiri should know he is the
speaker of Adamawa House of Assembly. It’s by
that virtue of the post, that he is the Acting
Governor as there was no Governor and Deputy”,
he said.
“His position as speaker is reserved for him,
meaning that he should midwife this election,
after that he should resume his post as speaker.
He has no moral basis to contest, that’s not the
intention of the framers of the constitution, and it
has not encouraged members to do so.
“The Constitution is clear. He is not supposed to
contest this bye- election. Because apart from
the letters of the constitution by implication, he is
suppose not to participate as he has no moral
right.
“If he wants to contest, he should better resign to
avoid inviting calamity”.
Gulak further advised PDP against disregarding
the laws of the land.
“If it happens like this, members of the state
house of assembly will just sit down and impeach
the governor and his deputy, just to clinch into
power, and that is not the intention of the framer
of this constitution; it is an impeccable fact that
the constitution has reserved his seat as speaker,
that is why the deputy speaker is acting and it is
by the virtue of his position as a speaker that he
is acting governor”, he said.
Also reacting, Ribadu’s campaign team insisted
that “the acting governor has no moral
justification to contest the polls; he ought to act
as an impartial umpire to monitor and conduct a
free and fair election”.
They accused Fintiri of being desperate as many
had thought that he would justify the confidence
reposed in him by being neutral and imperial, only
to turn and show his interest. dailypost.ng/2014/08/25/gulak-ribadu-carpets-fintiri-joining-adamawa-governorship-race/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by justi4jesu(f): 6:27am On Aug 26, 2014
Reading through....but really dont like politics in any way angry
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by nairaman66(m): 6:29am On Aug 26, 2014
Fintiri has the right to contest! Just like GEJ has the right to contest for the 2015 general elections!

I suppose this is a case of not looking before you leap for Ribadu. These are the realities of politics in Nigeria. Gulak, Ribadu et al should deal with it and stop crying wolf!

39 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by freshness2020: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2014
Dude, don't tell me ♈όϋ did dat out of selfish reasons.
♈όϋ have done Ūя̲̅ job by putting off Nyako!
So Keep the floor clear for Others!
#ribadu our man 2014
#gEJ 2015...

2 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by bunmioguns(m): 6:29am On Aug 26, 2014
Let's wait and see
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2014
All this confused old men sef. Mtchewwwwwwwwww
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by YoursGEJ(m): 6:30am On Aug 26, 2014
Despite all his transgressions? Why are they even talking to him? Let him come and contest now. He will be lucky to get all the votes from his wives and children. Dem dey hide mad man, him still dey try to show himself.

2 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by omisakint: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2014
Booked
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by sammieguze(m): 6:31am On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Firefire(m): 6:32am On Aug 26, 2014
The guy have right under law to vote and be voted for... finito

15 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by temitemi1(m): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2014
Can d guy even win d primaries election

1 Like

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by elisinho(m): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2014
That's how they don't want to pay us our scholarship fee. Huh?
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by natureblack(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2014
power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

what the heck is Fintiri tryna do?

he played a major role in the impeachment of the governor and the next thing that comes to his mind is the treasury-bag of Adamawa state.

nah nah

am with Ribadu n Gulak on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by segradino(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2014
So they wanted him to fold his hands and cheer for others?

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by dridowu: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2014
Fintiri no wetin good 4 body. Dat guy na sharp guy, if he plays is game very well he will surely outsmart them all
#teamfintiri

2 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by egift(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2014
If Fintiri cannot contest, Jonathan cannot contest as well. Let him "Mid-wife" the election too. BTW, none of them mentioned any constitutional reservation. As we all know moral hindrance is not a problem in the evil party.

Go Fintiri - share the money! grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Leetunechi: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2014
APC and PDP...recycling them self since 1960

1 Like

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by aboyaji(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2014
kai ma pren. Why i d cafet am po fitiri kwo?
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Bishop4bella(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Getting more interesting
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by cechidodo: 6:50am On Aug 26, 2014
A political gaffe by Fintiri throwing his hat into the contest,a moral travesty,the mkpumalanga can as well as swallow political cyanide justling the gomina seat with Adamawa's finest...

1 Like

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Toktee(m): 6:50am On Aug 26, 2014
nairaman66: Fintiri has the right to contest! Just like GEJ has the right to contest for the 2015 general elections!

I suppose this is a case of not looking before you leap for Sanusi. These are the realities of politics in Nigeria. Gulak, Sanusi et al should deal with it and stop crying wolf!
what a bad analyst,how does fintiri case related ebola jonathan case?
Or are you looking for an avenue to advertise ur lame dock president?
Anyway,there is only one way thru which jonah will be thrown overboad from the ship of this nation to avoid it sinking,and that is thru ballot box.
Jonah we are waiting 4 you,nw you hav a pam not sleepass.

9 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by RoyalRoy(m): 6:50am On Aug 26, 2014
nairaman66: Fintiri has the right to contest! Just like GEJ has the right to contest for the 2015 general elections!

I suppose this is a case of not looking before you leap for Sanusi. These are the realities of politics in Nigeria. Gulak, Sanusi et al should deal with it and stop crying wolf!

Did you dream about Sanusi before waking up? Or where did you see Sanusi in this write up?

19 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Bluewater86: 6:52am On Aug 26, 2014
We shall see.
[img]http:///3z8[/img][img]http:///3z9[/img][img]http:///4ja[/img]
Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2014
I think gulak and Ribadu's have a point here. I think pdp should prevail on fintiri not to contest for the sake of their moral integrity.
I still doubt RIBADU'S membership in pdp, I think APC planted him in pdp to win the election and come back since they won't be participating in the election.

2 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Coldfaya(m): 6:54am On Aug 26, 2014

Na wa ooo..... Sanusi?? Ok continue izit that u hate sanusi so much that anything from d north has to b sanusized?? Or u dreamt sanusi.

Ok sorry na Ribadu of Efcc not Sanusi of Cbn. Thank me; u welcome

8 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by dapyd1(m): 6:54am On Aug 26, 2014
Well, I understand Mr. Ribadu's point. Finitri wants to eat his cake and have it. If he looses the gubernatorial, he will say he is still the speaker. If he wins he will resign. Whichever way, He wins. There should be a way to check this in the constitution, if not sorry.
Morals don't work in Nigerian Politics and attacking him on that ground won't work.

4 Likes

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2014
dady12: madam open the thg for me make i enjoy myself.wetin concern me?
Mynd44, ngakwe...this guy deserves a lifetime ban.

1 Like

Re: Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 26, 2014
dapyd1: .
Wetin this thing come mean nah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Betinah Benson, Mother Of Konbowei Benson, Bayelsa SSG's Mother / PDP Threatens To Pull Out Of Peace Accord Over El-rufai’s Comment, Police / Why More People Die In Nigeria Than Other Countries – Pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.