Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! (21791 Views)

Which Of Nigeria Banks Offers Zero COT On Current Account? / Some Unknown Facts About USA Paypal Accounts Be It Personal Or Business Type / GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by javalove(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2008
My case is a bad one. I came to adamawa state to do a job for one of my clients. Because i was rushing to catch my flight, i left the bag containing my ATM and my withdrawal slip. On getting to yola, i went to a UBA branch and told them my story, could u believe they charge me 630 naira for every withdrawal i make, ? They give me one stupid form to fill before i can make withdrawal. I am still there now and i m still withdrawing, ko easy oooo
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by crisngige(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ omoabike.
this is a uba trial and not a gtb advertorial. gotit?
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by begood1: 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2008
Mr Decency:

Hey,
I'm a UBA staff and i know that at a point in time some illegal charges are being charged on a customer's account due to system erro or staff negligence. i'm sick and tired of it, a lot of complaint have been made and we are tryin our best to get to the root of the matter.
U guys have heard from the horses mouth,
Even their so-called STAFF are sick and tired of them.\LOL grin

I cant remember stepping into any UBA branches since i was born.
GTB and Mr. Z are always on the top list.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Nellyf: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ SHAWN123

ABEG NA WHERE YOU KEEP ACCESS BANK FOR YOUR LIST. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALSO VERY GOOD. AM A WITNESS.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by HIROSHI: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2008
How can you people be so uncharitable on Africa's global bank? If you don't like the charges, then go and start your own interest and charges free bank!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by carmelily: 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2008
UBA IS THE VERY WORST BANK IN NIGERIA! shocked They have the RUDEST staff in the world and i have been duped by them several times. My account is charged N250 each time i make a withdrawal just because it's not the branch at which i opened the account. They claim that that's "network charges". ATM just made things somewhat better. I think GTB and Intercontinental are much, much better.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Christino(m): 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2008
I think GTB are just the best. Intercontinental, Oceanic and Maybe Zenith are trying. My younger ones prefer Sterling and FIB and older people just go with FB or Wema.

But in 10 years time, half of all banking operations in the country will go to GTB. Bet it.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by SignorZax: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2008
Gettolove:

Enough of uba is this and that, you can use other banks instead

abi wetin una feel, or keep your money at home

no vex if you no like wetin i talk undecided

Abi my broda (sista) whicheva, any where wey una see bank wey start with U, make una no wait to see B before una go run from A. Haba! this one na bank robbery o!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by columbus71(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2008
i have been banking with UBA for more than 4years now. up to today i have never recieved #0.001k from them instead they charge me every month #105.00 + #200.00 on my savings account. please is like i will soon move to GT plz some one should tell me how much minimum u can leave in your GT savings account. and do they give intrest or they chop money like UBA.
No wonder elumelu fit post 1trillion balance sheet. na our money he take do that wonders, grin grin
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by columbus71(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2008
One of the UBA ATM machine sieze my card since on the 5th of April i bet u up till now they cant find my card. wat they say come tomorro come on monday come on friday. customers relation is not there with them even zenith Bank. they talk to any body they see any how. mostly UBA #4 akpakpava Branch.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by NParade: 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2008
UBA Na criminal bank non be 2day i know thnk God u know now
i will advice u to use GTBank they are ok

1luv cool
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Fancier(f): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2008
I hop when d system/machine is ok they will eventually return all the charges back 2 my acct coz am sick nd tired of banking wit the Unfortunate Banking in Africa(UBA) Kudus to GTB,
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by tuk2neaty(f): 2:34am On Apr 24, 2008
UBA IS THE BOMB! I HAVNT EXPRIENCED ANY OF THEIR SICLNESS METIONED ABOVE. I HAVE NO REGRETS SO FAR!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by emmydee(m): 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2008
hmm, this UBA thing. so u guys are still banking wit that shit of a bank? I warned you guys on this platform last year june about this serious fraud going on in that shit of a bank, still you guys are still dealling with them? good for you. Seun banned me in my bid to spread d news last year due to d way i bombarded the forum with my warning messages. Well, I closed my account wit UBA immediately, I mean, there are many other banks that do genuine banking biz, Bank PHB, GTBank, First Inland, FCMB, name it! These are all good options and they have branches nationwide, dry up your account with UBA and live in peace!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by xammy(m): 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
uba - god forbit. i'm ok with oceanic dou i'm tryin to compliment them with gtbank.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by adereleseg(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2008
you can make an official complaint to the Bankers coimmitte of the central bank. Iam sure you will get adequate redress from there.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by abujabooks(f): 10:49am On May 06, 2008
@emmydee,

I agree with you and everyone on this thread.

I am closing my savings account with them. I don't know, why I did not close it when I was closing my current account in the first place. Abi na juju. No. I say, no weapon of UBA fashioned against me shall prosper. AMEN.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by KGREAT(m): 5:19pm On May 07, 2008
This Thread is an eye opener good works, May God bless u all.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by KGREAT(m): 5:33pm On May 07, 2008
You know one thing this fraudulent act of UBA is an incurable and communicable dieses. The original carrier was standard trust bank of yesterday. They have done a lot to me right from orientation camp; we were manipulated that nothing will be deducted from our money irrespective of where the baking operation was carried out; before I realized it they had eaten me to the marrow. Thank God sha I have been delivered praise the Lord!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Mugabe(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2008
why not resort to atm
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by chidipupay(m): 12:34am On May 16, 2008
Did i hear some say Uba is Bad, tongue They are WORSE they SUCk, Imagine, if you have less that 5k in ur account they will charge you 50naira, C.o.t is another one. Online withdrawal is another one. Somebody transfer money, put for you wey pass 500,000 na charge, To make matter worse even their ATM charges on its own. sometime when you withdraw with your atm card and check your balance you will see some funny things their. I am beginning to suspect that their manager read thiefology in school, And the only langauge he knows is charge, What happens to the interest that saving account are meant to recieve?
Uba is systematically doing Yahoo Yahoo to nigerian citizen all in the name of banking.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by quickygirl(f): 7:07pm On May 18, 2008
UBA my foot
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by emiemi(f): 2:40pm On May 19, 2008
I'm yet to get my UBA ATM card since 2006. Can u believe that? Anyway I av since opened accounts with some better banks. I forgot about the UBA account since i didn't have much dough in it then.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by teekay27(m): 9:02pm On May 20, 2008
UBA, na waoooo! that one, no be bank at all! The worst thing that happened to me was to open a salary account there. Their COT is very high. the savings account na die; my coy paid N500k into my account and they charged me N6k for that, I don run go FCMB, na ebe ano!!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by dinvesta: 1:56pm On May 21, 2008
zenith charges #200 on savings outside of your branchwhich is more than UBA. but some one deposited in my account some tme ago and i think Cot was charged. i intend to find out why. Any one has any clue why?
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by MyPeace(f): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2008
At last l have opened Intercontinental Premium Savings Account, Intercontinental Bank is ebe ano!! hahaha, once money is paid into ur account IB plc will alert u immediately thru sms. The best service l have ever received from any bank so far.

l have been trying to close my a/c with UBA, my a/c officer dey dodge me.

I B PLC, indeed HAPPY CUSTOMER, HAPPY BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if they misbehave l go still yarn una grin
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by seyibrown(f): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2008
I opened a UBA account late 2005 because of a huge UBA cheque I got, I only used the account four times and I think I left them 500NGN. They charged me for withdrawing from another branch other than the one I opened the account at. Their Bank Anthony branch at that time seemed to be operating offline the times I visited.

At that time my only other account was with the then NATIONAL BANK and I withdrew money at any branch from wherever I was in the country at no extra cost. Banked with them for 4 years and they were fantanstic.

UBA is a no go area, me thinks!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Dududavies: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2008
UBA was the first bank account i owned and most sadly it has not been a pleseant experience. Before the advent of ATM machines, they had very long queues, with the arrival of ATM machines they never seem to remember to load them with money hence "unable to dispense cash" message. Depressing their services are unreliable, slow and most unprofessional. They could do well to short down business activities and brain storm on staffing and service delivery issues. I do hope they are reading this cos i would be prompt to withdraw all that i have put in but for their branch in Ghana.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by mount1ng(m): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2008
UBA is an Ole bank. They run OBT banking. A friend of mine open an account with them,I tell you he has been going through HELL!!! They work seriously to kill what was term WONDER BANK. Now they don't fund Forex brokers account for traders.
We have to stand up and fight these killers. They kill any avenue for anyone to make money. They've started the move not to fund Forex brokers, wait and see others will soon join. But we should not let this happen.

If u have anybody that has an account with PLS, advice them to close it fast,

Banks that don't aids development and growths shd go down. We've got the POWER. shocked shocked shocked
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by DesmondO1: 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
Cut the long story short-

UBA sucks!

GTB rocks!

Bank with GTB!
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by teeboy4x(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Desmond O: Cut the long story short-

UBA sucks!

GTB rocks!

Bank with GTB!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Lost Over #20000 Through My Misplaced ATM Card.. / Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana / Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.