Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner (5695 Views)

Breaking:senator Saraki Boycotts APC Leadership Meeting,calls Him A Commisioner / Pls Let's Share This Till It Gets To Fashola And The Lagos Police Commisioner / A Muder Suspect Appointed As A Commisioner In Delta State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Tonim(f): 6:27am On Nov 02, 2008
sweeriie:

LOL how come people don't like covenant, esp graduates from federal unis? newaes y'all r right tho, but i don't think i believe the story.

i mean, last time i checked, one had 2 have worked with d gov for like over 10yrs to qualify for the post. or have things changed?

Who told you one had to have worked for the govt for at least 10 years to become a commissioner ? A commissioner is a political
appointee and works at the behest of the governor as long as he or she has been screened by the state house
of assembly.

A commissioner is not a civil servant. Perhaps you are confusing a commissioner with a permanent secretary wink
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by sweeriie(f): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2008
yeah mayb, lol, i cant b bothered newaes, lol. good luck 2 d guy sha.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by doncaster(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2008
May God help us.
I am sure he is not up to 25 years. I fear for his lyf.
In the land of the blind one eyed man will always be their KING.
Pls. let somebody tell us which state this happened.

All those old men with red cap on their head will jazz him comot for road soon.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by MrCrackles(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2008
and how is this worthy of opening a thread on nairaland?!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by ifyalways(f): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2008
how far the guy now?
what has he done for Ogun state?
he still dey sef abi dem don impeache/remove am?
lol
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by diggler(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2008
This thread is just another reason i wouldn't advise any person of mine to attend that glorified secondary School called CU.

8 out of 10 graduates or 'seniors' i've met from that institution display a heightened level of immaturity that i find appalling.

A University education is supposed to prepare Adults for the real world by placing them in an environment that is a microcosm of the society that they (graduates) will live in. The Academic component is just that a component. Why is it that Ivy league schools like Harvard, Yale, Cornell, etc promote extra-curricular activities for their students? To the point that 'secret societies' like Skulls and bones, Sphinx Head, etc constitute a vital, officially recognized part of Campus life. These societies mind u have produced Presidents of the US, the Incumbent & his challenger in 2004 notable alumni.
I'm Sure Bishop Oyedepo would pull a coronary if such ideas were brought to his table.

Instead @ CU we have a this tightly regulated environment, where the students r told what to wear, prohibited from owning mobile phones and a host of other absurdities.

Universities with religious affiliation in other climes are hardly like this.
However like i said earlier, some products of this institution do exhibit some level of maturity which i'd attribute to their  non-school/home environment.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2008
han han

e neva do??

why the resurrection

i even forgot about this, long time.lol! cool
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2008
Why them no go resurrect am?? We don watch see how all of una take praise the dude. Now report card don come. What is the verdict? Is he any different from the rest?? lol  grin grin grin
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2008
Omo, you go fit like ask the people wey dey him state o. Me, i no hear henytin
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Ruddyface(f): 11:43pm On Nov 03, 2008
What manner of celebration!

Soon someone would celebrate his/her school's alumni being telecast on Cable News Network as a street opinionist. Really, there are kids in Nairaland.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 3:44am On Nov 04, 2008
And its now you dey know, you must be really slow

Abeg go find seat, siddon

You can also twist your head as you do so
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by citizenY(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2008
Very, very, pedestrian. What should we from UI,ABU ,Nsukka ,Unilag and others be celebrating.
It shows you how our values have appreciated

Products of the elite/ivy league shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked universities , the scions of our elite have been nurtured by corruption and they are celebrating one of their own who has been made a commissioner whilst still on national service.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
what will they think of next?
[/font][/font][/font]
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2008
See this one

i fold your hand to open thread for your alumni/alma-mata/fada undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by citizenY(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2008
@gamine,

I can assure you that I am your alma father and i only feel disgusted that my mates are breeding trash and
second rate citizens, despite paying through the nose in those ivy whatever . Are you not ashamed of the values
you are touting? To be a commissioner without even completing national service, in defiance of what the law provides?

And you are proud ? Surely your old man will not be happy with this development
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2008
My Question, Mr CitizenY

Do you take everything you see seriously?

Didnt you see the embedded codes <sarc></sarc>?

you apparently didnt see it.

I wont be the one to say Baba Suwe wears Black pant on a public forum

Just understand that.

Theres too much i can say about/against alma-fada

but i will only do it when the situation calls for it.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by citizenY(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2008
@gamine

Remember I said my friends are wasting their hard earned money to send kids like you to those
"communes". You have proved me right. I am sure your "principal" in that place will not accept a
situation where his products will not take themselves seriously at any point in their lives. You cannot
even address issues properly. What a waste
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by miquest: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2008
You people talking and insulting Corrupt Nigerians are talking like you are even honest yourself,  Give this Kid a break,  the girl who posted this has every right to be happy with whatever her fellow mate has achieved,  I am just sick of Nigerians always cursing and insulting without even looking on the bright side and as usual are enemies of their own progress,  i wish people would be positive for once,  Abeg O,  I never see,  No be only person wey dey fly be wintch O, 

GO ON MY SISTA REJOICE ALL YOU CAN ,  VERY SOON YOUR school WOULD BOASTS OF PRESIDENTS AND GREAT PERSONALITIES IN THIS WORLD,  don't MIND THEM BAD BELLE PEOPLE please IF YOU GET YOUR OWN POST IT HERE TOO SO THAT WE CAN REJOICE WITH YOU,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool smiley smiley cool grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by citizenY(m): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2008
OTRO LOCO MAS,,

SINCE OTHERS HAVE RIGHTS, WE MUST TALK. CLOSE YOUR EARS/EYES IF YOU CANNOT REASON WITH US.
CELEBRATE WHILE YOU CAN. THATS WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE TODAY AND THE KIDS ARE FOLLOWING SUIT,
FLOUTING ALL THE RULES, LIKE THEIR FATHERS BEFORE THEM. I REST MY CASE lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by miquest: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2008
Anyway all i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with the poster rejoicing over this thing, it's her right as you say, so leave her alone, the skool is bad we know but leave it alone, thank God the boys parents are well connected thats politics man, thats wat democracy is all about, politics, I reason with you guys but i also reason with the poster, there's 2 sides to everything my fellow Nigerians,
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gaminechic: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2008
Oh i see Mr CitizenY

I wouldnt say any further thing to you

But i am mighty glad that my FATHER, wouldnt be as foolish

as to come on a forum and talk about things he doesnt know

Thank you Sir for the wonderful use of Adjectives and Nouns, have a great life. smiley

@Miquest,

It is the way of Some Nairalanders

to derive pleasure in nebulity and yet claim Maturity.

Funny stuff i tell ya! grin grin
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by JJYOU: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
Nigerians and  follow follow.  i can't understand why Nigerians want everyone to agree with them on all matters.  this is how you guys train yourself to kill your opponents in life.

what is wrong in people saying this matter will not be like this if this girl was not some rich man's kid herself.  someone else is talking about Mandela. go read mandella's history and see who is dad was.

learn to respect other peoples opinions. we don't have to see things from same angel always.  abusing people physically or verbally is wrong any where. even on NL
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by UNLEASHED(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2008
I pray he lasts!!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2009
If this were true, you would have given us his full name so that we can verify it independently.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by folarina(m): 4:39am On Jan 06, 2009
@Seun , I feel you smiley

@Gamine

Are you sure this is not just a rumour u are spreading.

According to you the bloke is still doing NYSC & it hasn't been announced yet ! So how did you know about it.

Mind you there are criteria for commissioner's appointment adn i really doubt it if this your guy meets that criteria.

Was the degree he had in CU his first or not? I have met a few CU alumnus & they are usually below 25.

Infact your own profile pic looks below 25 as well, No harm meant undecided undecided . PA to Governor is a more suitable post for him.

Clear the air , /. shocked
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Imohbyron(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2009
All i have to say,i say out loud "CORRUPTION"
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by smoothine: 11:11am On Dec 18, 2009
Commissioner my foot .Stupid pple.what experience does he have .what intellectual impact is he going to make in the office .
well i forgot this is Nigeria politics where there is no performance measurement .The only job satisfaction in their dictionary is steal money ,share it with the god fathers and steal more.
What is there to brag about that .infact ,the guy and whoever appointed him as commisioner should be treated like a criminal for wasting tax payers money.Doing a job you are not qualified for .In fact tell me the name of the person and the state lets see what would happen.
Nigeria , Sick President , Sick people.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
so f*****kin wot who gives a sh**** we all know how n y he got there so pls save d rest,besides must u post crap on nl angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. / Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists / APC Six Points Agenda: State Of Origin To Be Abolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.