Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,809 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:39 PM

Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner (5784 Views)

Breaking:senator Saraki Boycotts APC Leadership Meeting,calls Him A Commisioner / Pls Let's Share This Till It Gets To Fashola And The Lagos Police Commisioner / A Muder Suspect Appointed As A Commisioner In Delta State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 10:32am On Mar 28, 2008
Evry one tht knows this guy, knows he deserves stuff like this

Whether na papa strings or wateva.

Cant pple just be happy!

Chei!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 28, 2008
gamine,

if you get a job BY YOURSELF , we be happy for you , because it will indicate that your tertiary education achieved what it was supposed to achieve - make you an independent adult.

certainly it is great to be a BIG boy, with all the trappings of success , but it is much better if you earn those trappings rather than have them thrust upon you. i'm sorry, but your hero is one of the many reasons nigeria is backward today - people's achivements etal are pased on patronage rather than ability.

all that noise in the power sector - liyel imoke had no background in power. at least the late bola ige had some sort of track record, even if he wasn't suited by training for the post. what pedigree or achievemnts did liyel imoke bring?

people love to say nigeria is hard, etc na only by connection .well, i got to where i'm working today by tuesday guardian, prayer, and hard work/hustling. i'm sure a lot of other nairalanders have done the same.

there are ogas in my company who got where they are by patronage/godfatherism/bedmatics. yes they are 'big boys and girls' but they have nothing upstairs and they know that we all know it. starting your career via connections is not the way to devise a viable career.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2008
Sir,

i get what you mean

But how can you just judge and say its connections on this guys part.

Everyone that Knows this guy, knows what he is.

There are people i would never do this for.

But this guy deserves it big time
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by bibiking1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 28, 2008
i apologse for the name mix-up, and also for appending this thread with my comment.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2008
Abeg

Carry your appendages elswhere

How will Nigeria ever grow sad

when there too many haters who will stifle any sign of improvement sad

Shior!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by texazzpete(m): 12:04am On Mar 29, 2008
Gamine:

Abeg

Carry your appendages elswhere

How will Nigeria ever grow sad

when there too many haters who will stifle any sign of improvement sad

Shior!

A person gets an appointment he isn't qualified for, and we're supposed to see this as an improvement? Why?

Gamine, you're a lot smarter than this topic.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Gamine(f): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2008
Texazz nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww embarassed

im just happy for my former schoolmate naaaa embarassed
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by CrazyMan(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2008
@Topic
So?
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by icezik1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2008
@Gamine

SO what? I met a girl here at Huawei who just graduated from Covenant, I think she did ICT or COmp. Engr. In my humble opinion, she has a achieved a great deal more than some dude who became a commissioner. She is an Engineer with the 3rd largest Telecoms hardware manufacturer in the world. Now that is an achievement for a student. Not commissioner.

Don't disgrace our school with this kind of threads. Our students are going to make it big but I don't consider a commissioner as relevant.

If you think a commisioner is so great then it means what they been preaching to us for years about changing Nigeria was a waste of time. Besides, most politicians, eventually become corrupt.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by justbones(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2008
commisioner or engineer
the truth is people usually get what they deserve whether in the long run or short run
for the guy that became a commisioner, it is not a stable or permanent appointment so we wait and see the results of his work
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Ibime(m): 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2008
You guys are missing the point here - A recent graduate got a job as COMMISIONER!

What about all the professional who have practiced in their industry for years? Are they supposed to take orders and dictates from this fresh grad. Can you see a recent grad telling an experienced doctor what kind of machines the state need to purchase to treat cancer? He has no experience. Naija don spoil finish.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Uche2nna(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2008
justbones:

commisioner or engineer
the truth is people usually get what they deserve whether in the long run or short run
for the guy that became a commisioner, it is not a stable or permanent appointment so we wait and see the results of his work
tongue tongue tongue

shocked
Did u understand that the guy was (or prolly is) still in NYSC when he was given the appointment. How can u honestly tell me that the guy has paid his dues. He is just fresh out of school, for chrissakes!!!!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by izeek(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2008
am not one to hate on some1 or feel some kinda jealous string,
but come to face it, what level of experience will this boy bring to his ministry?
are those who have served under that ministry for donkey years supposed to sit back and take others from a small boy who was still in kindergaten when they became perm secs?
when u are a commisioner, it means u are put in chare of resources and people, the two most difficult things to manange.
what experience does he have in this dept? i dnt mean him telling me how he managed 300,000 naira, becuase from hence on nah millions him dey discharge.

when it comes to efecting policies, what does he know and how does he convince his cabinet that he knws what his doing.
moreso what arears was he tested to proove to the government of that state that he is tested.
he might be good, but he definately is not the right person for the job.
maybe 5yrs from now he might feel the space properly, biut until he is ,married and can effectively mnage his home, ( the smallest unit of a community) then maybe we fit loook into making him an assistant managing director for one of the states owned parastatals( assuming his dat good).
all the same sha i wish him well.

for bible david no reach him age when him start to lead isreal.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by FatherAita(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2008
Whats the big deal? El-Rufai is s graduate of HAVARD UNIVERSITY he no make noise and we no hear. Let your village champion from an easy-to-graduate university become the Secretary General of the United Nations before you begin to shout UHURU!!!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Orobert: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
oyb:

bad belle how? most of us got where we are by our own efforts, not because our old man knows someone.

unlike your celebrated alumnus, we know that if our old man/uncle passes on or falls from grace - we will still dey kampe. our parents work stopped after we graduated. whats to celebrate about our parents pulling strings after we've graduated? whither independence and being your own man?

if a position as a government bureaucrat( and we know what working for the government means - inefficency, corruption, using archaic systems and methods) posts is the best a CU graduate can expect (since you seem to consider it a cause for celebration) - then y'all were ripped off.

Did you not hear he was off in a remote NYSC camp when he was appointed. Does that show anything as self effort as you claim for CU students? Obviously a greater hand(very weak though) ve postioned him. One cant actually get stronger than his foundation. The process is bad and that we must acknowledge.
Please,Oyb give us his full name so we could match him to CU when e go happen.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by DRANOEL(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2008
guy just finishes school, no experience,has not proven his worth,has not done anything extraordinary and he gets appointed commissioner. and people on this thread are saying its his brain! what brain? or is it the brain that has the genes of the father who knows somebody or has done a shady deal with somebody in power? any way it can only happen in ogun(the state of the rascal obasanjo)
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by icezik1(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2008
@Gamine

I warned you. See, people are now attacking the school.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2008
people can beef. eh. i notice people dont want to hear anything good about covenant university, they want to hear only bad things and blow it out to proportion.

Those of you comparing the guy to the likes of wole soyinka, dora akinyilu etc; how old is CU compared to uniben, unilag etc. and you have to start from somewhere. when you see good thing, admit it, when people rejoice, rejoice with them or good things will never happen in your own life.

it might not be a big deal but it does not warrant the beef. You can continue to beef if you want to but trust me you will beef forever cos you will hear alot of good things about the school and her graduates.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by somze(f): 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2008
Yeah, why should we not celebrate,

A new school has produced another corrupt politician that benefits from illegal manipulations and godfatherism.

Drinks anyone?
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by bluehorizo(m): 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2008
somze:

Yeah, why should we not celebrate,

A new school has produced another corrupt politician that benefits from illegal manipulations and godfatherism.

Drinks anyone?

Cheers!
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2008
people can beef especially the poor ones. Anyway thats by the way.

Just because he has been made a commissioner, he must be corrupt abi. If the good ones shy away from political appointment, how will Nigeria change.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by lucabrasi(m): 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2008
fumilola:

Just because he has been made a commissioner, he must be corrupt abi. If the good ones shy away from political appointment, how will Nigeria change.
these ppl are not beefing d dude because he is a commissioner,they are only saying there are more worthwhile achievements to celebrate than a guy who is not qualified being a commissioner,next all of us will start complaining about corruption and what not when your comment when people were complaining was that they are beefing, the internet is anonymous and some of these ppl you say are beefing might well be governors or ministers or rich ppl for all you know
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
They are beefers; their characteristics are the same.

I guess the poster was just too excited (for good reason though) and came to a wrong place to share it.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by somze(f): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2008

Poor ones? lol wealthy one
Nairaland wont kill me.

Can you explain how a graduate without experience was made a commissioner while he was away at NYSC camp. That alone is illegitimate, as you must have completed your youth service or possess an exemption certificate before you are even considered as a candidate for public office.

Again explain the due process involved that makes this graduate a suitable and qualified candidate for commissioner.

This is an open display of Obasanjo's styled corruption and if you think we'd applaud and celebrate this malfeasance you'd best think again.

In a month we'd probably get a millionaire out of our new graduate and have another reason to hypocritically celebrate achievement,

Drinks anyone?
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2008
Will you all have felt better if it was a Unilag, Uniben, etc student.

You say he is inexperienced but you are the same people that will frown when companies ask for 4+ experience. Double standards i say.

I am very happy that young people are being given opportunies and i think it's high time. Some time ago, the governor of one of the state came to CU and he addressed the student after which the student leader also came and gave a speech. Guess what, the student leader was visibly more intelligent than the governor, the governor was just blabbing. so what are we talking about, i would rather a bright young person with no experience in such a position than an old experienced fool.

Young people are vibrant, eager to learn. i have met a lot of young intelligent people with good and bright ideas and i'm so surprised that other young people are against the idea of a young commissioner. (oh sorry i forgot, it is the fact that he is a CU product they have beef against)
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by lucabrasi(m): 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2008
lol, pls which of the governors was it
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by bawomolo(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2008
kwame kilpatrick has been indicted for corruption. bad example.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080324/NEWS01/303250001

plain and simple, u shouldn't be given a top level government job without experience and moving up the ranks. he is supposed to earn the position
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by somze(f): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2008
Bawomolo
Spot on my brother

Nigeria1
Iweali and El rufai? Can you imagine what this guy brought up as examples to butress his point.
We're talking about someone that is doing his NYSC as we speak, nigeria.1 - Are you normal?

Fumi
Use your head, this in Nigeria,
How can some one in youth camp (just starting service) be appointed commissioner? What was the criteria for choosing him?
Say hello to Godfatherism, political maneuvering and corruption.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2008
fumilola:

people can beef especially the poor ones.  Anyway thats by the way.

Just because he has been made a commissioner, he must be corrupt abi. If the good ones shy away from political appointment, how will  Nigeria change.

hmm .thank you for confirming for us what we already know - political posts are for the rich and connected - never mind if they have  no skills character or morals.

the purpose of this thread was to highlight the 'leadership material' convenant university is producing. the alumni would have us believe that it is the harvard/yale of nigeria . as a school grounded in 'moral tenets, etal,' its alumni would have us believe that it represnets the solutions to nigeria's problems, problems that the poor graduates of the lesser universities have been unable to solve.

never mind that so many of the students there are children of corrupt politicains.

shebi it was gamine that said that the imo state governor( of woman beating fame)'s son is in CU? what can we really expect from this institution?
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by somze(f): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2008
oyb:

hmm .thank you for confirming for us what we already know - political posts are for the rich and connected - never mind if they have no skills character or morals.

the purpose of this thread was to highlight the 'leadership material' convenant university is producing. the lumin would have us believe that it is the harvard/yale of nigeria . as a school grounded in 'moral tenets, etal,' its alumni would have us believe that it represnets the solutions to nigeria's problems, problems that the poor graduates of the lesser universities have been unable to solve.
Only those wealthy ones can be appointed when they are off in youth camp without due process or screening by the house of assembly.
Another avenue created for money laundering, looting and corruption.

oyb:

never mind that so many of the students there are children of corrupt politicains.

shebi it was gamine that said that the imo state governor( of woman beating fame)'s son is in CU? what can we really expect from this institution?
A whole group of corrupt politicians, appointed as soon as they possess their worthless paper certificate.
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by deor03(m): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2008
somze:

Poor ones? lol wealthy one
Nairaland wont kill me.

Can you explain how a graduate without experience was made a commissioner while he was away at NYSC camp. That alone is illegitimate, as you must have completed your youth service or possess an exemption certificate before you are even considered as a candidate for public office.

Drinks anyone?

If i can remember very well, working as a public servant without NYSC discharge or exemption letter is a serious offence.

Besides experience is needed to occupy the position of commissioner, it wrong to equate this position to a job vacancy. I am sure the CU graduates on this forum still lack this experience, that is why they are arguing like this. Note that most of the anonymous people on this forum have upward of 5-10 years real life experience.
If seun can archive this post, and our dear CU graduates can come back to read this in the year 2013, it will make more sense to them
Re: Ex Covenant University Student Now A Commisioner by sweeriie(f): 4:55am On Nov 02, 2008
LOL how come ppl dont like covenant, esp graduates from federal unis? newaes y'all r right tho, but i dont think i believe the story. i mean, last time i checked, one had 2 have worked with d gov for like over 10yrs to qualify for the post. or have things changed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Subsidy Fraud: Probe Report Creates Panic In PDP / BREAKING: Senate Moves To Disqualify Amaechi / Bola Tinubu Breaks Silence On Abubakar Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.