Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. (19735 Views)

Bridegroom In A Grooming Wedding Wear / Hair Questions! Post Them Here / Fashion Thread For Men: Share Fashion & Grooming Tips! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by sade511(f): 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2006
lol @cocofinest
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by johnbulgie(m): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2006
AFRO-DESIGNED CLOTHES FOR ADM AND EVE AVAILABLE AT MODERATE PRICES;UNIQUE DESIGNS

IF U HAVE A PASSION FOR DESIGNED CLOTHES CONTACT US.[LETS DEFINE UR IMAGE]
WE NEED INTERNATIONAL MARKET TOO .

CONTACT;----johnbulgie @yahoo.co.uk
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by lissom: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2006
Hey yall gurls.
especially to all the girls living in nigeria how do i get pink lips cos my lips are kind of turning black and i dont know why and i dont like it.
is there any kind of lip thingy i can use to make it pink or should i say red something like them lip gloss kind of things and where can i buy it here in nigeria i really need it before this lips should disgrace me lol.
please post your tips here.
thanks
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 1:57am On Jul 20, 2008
~Here's Are A Few Tips To Ensure When You're Applying Mascara,Your Eyelashes Doesn't End Up With Blobs !!

* It Helps when You Comb Out Your Lashes W/ Lash Comb Before Applying Mascara.In cases Where You didnt Wash Out Mascara The NIght Before,It Helps Too wink

* Wash The Mascara Wand W/ Soap N Water/Make Up Remover Or Wipe Onto A Wet Tissue & While Still Wet Apply The Mascara . . . This Emliminates Any Blobs When You Apply The Mascara . . .Your Lashes Accentuate Naturally As Well Especially The Corners Of Your Eyes!!

*Always Remember to "Blink" While Applying Mascara . . .It Adds Length & Volume To Your Lashes

*You Can Keep The Wands Of Mascara's That Has Run Out,OR Get Disposable Wands AS Emmergency When Your Mascara Wand Has Lots of Blobs!!
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by lovangel(f): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2008
here is a simple tip to treat or avoid acne and pimples:

apply tomatoe juice on ur face after washing or cleansing. leave to dry for 30 mins and then wash off. this prevents pimples and acne and its a good treatment if u're already battling with those.  cheesy
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by ayo84(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
try this natyural recipe for a smooth and healthy skin:

mix honey,flour and olive oil in the ratio 2:3:1

mix together and apply on your entire body

you can leave for as long as 3 hours , if you want to
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by Afribiz(f): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2008
CLEANSING MASK:
- Mix a tablespoon of tomatoe pulp, yogghurt, and little cucumber juice.
- Leave it on your face for 20 mins, aand rinse. use this mask at least twice a week.

FACEMASK FOR A NATURAL GLOW:
- Mix one tablespoon of milk powder, two tablespoon honey, the juice of half a lime, and a pinch of tumeric.
- Apply the paste on your neck. Leave it until it dries, then rinse.
- Follow this beauty routine two or three times a week, and you'll notice the difference in your complexion.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2008
Hey all,excellent posts.
Well i gotta contribute to this. tongue
I guess yellow goes great with red and green.Brown goes better with gold than silver.its best to use bright colors with dull colors.Also,always make sure your shoes and bag goes,colour wise.Its very important.

I totally agree with;no big earrings and big necklaces or beads.Keep it simple but eleganteee wink
Also,pleaseeee dnt wear alternecks with necklaces.I totally hate that.
No two belts please.(i.e one belly belt,and a belt on your waist.)it is serious fashion blunder.
And if you wearing alternecks,make sure your b.r.a is out of sight.Whether it goes with your outfit or not.
Who has noticed that belly belts(a.k.a abortion belts grin )dont go well with free shirt? Dont try to look like johnny bravo.Lets keep it cartoon network.lol. wink
And please,big girls.pLeAsE try and leave the stretchy and small tops for the skinny girls please.
And the hair,please fashion is not by force.Never deliberately make your hair fit your ''bright coloured'' outfit.Like wear pink or yellow weaves or braids.arrghhhh! angry grin embarassed angry angry cheesy

Honey works perfect with your skin,mosturizers too.But always,i mean,always remember to wash your face with ''clean''water after a day with make up.If not,your dirty face wud mix up with the oil and form pores.And we all know pores are the passport to pimples and other acne.So goodluck y'all! kiss

MORE TIPS PLEASE!!
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2008
Who has noticed that belly belts(a.k.a abortion belts  grin)don't go well with free shirt

~LMAO  cheesy so its called abortion belt in naija too grin went back home last year cudnt help but LOl when i heard the traders calling it abortion belt cheesy

~Girls do tend to go overboard w/ em belts tho,you got some very good tips there wink

~I've found myself LOL @ all of em ie ulta neck tops w/ necklaces,the two belts,bright coloured haido I've seen so many of those blunders,I've lost count grin
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
:d ;d wink ;d ;d ;d
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by Bluesteps(f): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
Nice tips.
I have a smooth face and good skin so am wondering how to care for my skin
cos i pay less attention to it cos i feel it doesnt give me much trouble.
then how does one wok on a big tommy?
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mailchinny(f): 2:36am On Sep 07, 2008
I want to get a professional training on hair and makeup.I want to do the hair training at bobby's signature.house pls what do u think?does anybody know his fees.What of house of tara and newlook pls somebody shud help me its urgent.08036627156
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 5:10am On Sep 15, 2008
~There are fashion No-No's & There are fashion Hell No's!! SoOoo many Hell No's going on with this Years fashion comeback,Style of the season Must have . . . "The Footless Leggings & Tights" cheesy grin angry cool

~Wearing leggings or tights with a top barely covering your arse is a Hell No!!One of the biggest advantages to wearing leggings is they can look fabulous on just about any size woman & more mature women when worn properly & it enables skin-shy women to strut their vogue but i tell you what!! Its unsightly seeing camel toes/thunder thighs/baby elephants fully exposed!!Ive lost count of how many times i've seen women with huge backside & have a little extra on the thighs wearing a top that sits on top of their bums & you cud make out all the jigglings going on grin

~Always wear leggings/tights with Tops covering your bottom & the hemline of your top touching your thigh!! . . the length that best goes with leggings/tights should be Mid-thigh!! examples shitdress/dresses/Tunics/flowing tank tops/mini skirts . . . Knee lengths tops/dresses are also cool depending on your prefrence!!

*Even thu a variety of colours are desirable,the key colours that go with just about anything are the darker shades black,brown

* Opt for Flats,ballet flats,wedges instead of high heels when wearing leggings/tights

~Always remember Clothing sizes vary from designer to designer and manufacturer to manufacturer so if you find yourself squeezing into whats meant to be your size,don't panic you've put on some invincible weight grin. . you're better off choosing the next size up . . .

~If You're a serial changer ie changing your mind numerous times about what you want to wear on a night out most especially AFTER you've applied makeup grin

~Avoid getting makeup on your clothes by Covering your head with an old scarf/thin material, before you pull on your top/dress . . . saves you having to change that outfit you finally thought was purrfect with foundation,mascara,blusher or lipstick!! grin

~Gone are the days when it was a MUST your handbag has to match your shoes . . . as long as your handbag compliments your outfit,go for it!!

~Dont be a fashion Victim of Trends & Labels . . wear what you're comfortable in & avoid sticking out like a sore thumb grin

Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by benincitys(f): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2008
mohawkchic:

[b]~There are fashion No-No's & There are fashion Hell No's!! SoOoo many hell No's going on with this Years fashion comeback,Style of the season Must have . . . "The Footless Leggings & Tights"  cheesy grin angry cool

~Wearing leggings or tights with a top barely covering your arse is a Hell No!!One of the biggest advantages to wearing leggings is they can look fabulous on just about any size woman & more mature women when worn properly & it enables skin-shy women to strut their vogue but i tell you what!! Its unsightly seeing camel toes/thunder thighs/baby elephants fully exposed!!Ive lost count of how many times i've seen women with huge backside & have a little extra on the thighs wearing a top that sits on top of their bums & you cud make out all the jigglings going on grin

~Always wear leggings/tights with  Tops covering your bottom & the hemline of your top touching your thigh!! . . the length that best goes with leggings/tights should be Mid-thigh!! examples shitdress/dresses/Tunics/flowing tank tops/mini skirts . . . Knee lengths tops/dresses are also cool depending on your prefrence!!

*Even thu a variety of colours are desirable,the key colours that go with just about anything are the darker shades black,brown

* Opt for Flats,ballet flats,wedges instead of high heels when wearing leggings/tights

~Always remember Clothing sizes vary from designer to designer and manufacturer to manufacturer so if you find yourself squeezing into whats meant to be your size,don't panic you've put on some invincible weight  grin. . you're better off choosing the next size up . . .

~If You're a serial changer ie changing your mind numerous times about what you want to wear on a night out most especially AFTER you've applied makeup grin

~Avoid getting makeup on your clothes by Covering your head with an old scarf/thin material, before you pull on your top/dress . . . saves you having to change that outfit you finally thought was purrfect with foundation,mascara,blusher or lipstick!! grin

~Gone are the days when it was a MUST your handbag has to match your shoes . . . as long as your handbag compliments your outfit,go for it!!

~Dont be a fashion Victim of Trends & Labels . . wear what you're comfortable in & avoid sticking out like a sore thumb grin[/b]
thanks for the info.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by fellybabe(f): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2008
how to shape your eyelashes

Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by shilling(f): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2008
Don't know if you guys know this, but this is very effective in getting rid of blackheads and for healthy looking skin in general.
Step 1: Get some boiling water in a bowl.
Step 2: Put your face over the water such that you feel the steam on your face.
Step 3: Do step 2 until your face looks like your sweating
Step 4: Scrub your face gently with a towel. Pay special attention to areas with blackheads
Step 5: Run some cold water over your face
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
[b]Don't know if you guys know this, but this is very effective in getting rid of blackheads and for healthy looking skin in general.
Step 1: Get some boiling water in a bowl.
Step 2: Put your face over the water such that you feel the steam on your face.
Step 3: Do step 2 until your face looks like your sweating
Step 4: Scrub your face gently with a towel. Pay special attention to areas with blackheads
Step 5: Run some cold water over your face

~Yeah am aware & totally agree w/ you kiss here's another tip to add to between step 1 & 2 . . .

*If You put a towel over your head,your face steams up a lot faster . .Needless to saying . . . be very careful tho,it is after all boiling hot water!! You'll find this Works wonders on your face!!

*Be warned tho . . . the heat can be overbearing on your face & neck sooo if you feel your face working up buckets of sweat grin you've had enough!!

~I use a face theraphy steamer i got as a christmas gift some years ago,same proceedure & results,only difference is i plug it in,& the water heats/bubbles up to the level i put it on,so i control the heat to my face!![/b]
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by fellybabe(f): 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2008
nice tips
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by Afribiz(f): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2008
mohawkchic:

~I use a face theraphy steamer i got as a christmas gift some years ago,same proceedure & results,only difference is i plug it in,& the water heats/bubbles up to the level i put it on,so i control the heat to my face!![/b]

Hi Mohawkchic,
Where can one get a face therapy steamer, and how much does it go for?
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by Afribiz(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
Thanks Mohawkchic,
That was really helpful, i'll look out for where to get it in Lagos.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2008
~You're most welcome Afribiz wink
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by KekeJolade(f): 12:02am On Sep 29, 2008
Milk and Honey Facial Mask

Ingredients
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. milk
Directions
Mix it together and rub it on your face. Lay on the floor (with a towel under you) for ten minutes. Rinse off.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by mohawkchic(f): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2008
~If you want a perfect Arch to your Baseballl Hats,put the tip of the hat into a Round shaped Mug!! ie mug you drink tea/coffee from,not your regular teacups with wide rims!! The mug forms a lovely arch . . . that is ofcourse If you love your hats to have a arch like me grin
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by benice2: 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2008
if u r having pimples at ur back,wat can one use to cure it?
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by sandy2008: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2008
Long and beautiful hair has always been symbolic of a woman’s beauty. Every woman aspires for long, thick hair. But to flaunt a beautiful mane, a lot of regular hair care is required. Hair cannot be made beautiful by beauty aid alone. An important part of fashion is fashion journalism. Editorial critique and commentary can be found in magazines, newspapers, on television, fashion websites, social networks and in fashion blogs.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by JasmineSie(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2008
if u have oily skin try using neutrogena foamin cleanser with buffpuff facial sponge and use warm water,morning and night

never ever go to bed with make up d skin ends up not breathing and dats so not good

do no burst acne or pimples have u noticed how they tend to spread and leave dark spots wen u do this

for dark spots try hyprogel or visible difference ion the spots wherever they are,it worked for me

to know where to apply blush bend ur head for bout 30secs and apply to flushed area

blend inblush from the apple of ur cheeks to ur hairline and dnt put too much let it loo like its coming from inside

get a pedicure and manicure monthly(or when neccessary) u'll love the look and feel

use a scrub wen u can or mix honey and sugar/salt for ur hands and face, it helps dark knuckles

a flat tummy is so necessary so watch what u eat and exercise once in a while situps and leg ups help,also walking and jogging

soak ur body wen u can in salt and olive oil u'll see d result

clean ur ears funny au many people totally forget their ears exist

brush ur lips with a soft brush before applying gloss or lipstick u'll love the effect

don't tie wrapper around the house its not kool n u tend to get used to it instead wear spags or a tanktop wit shorts

don't kill ur hair by relaxing strtching,etc at once give the hair some breathing space after taking off a hairdo,ur hair is ur glory take care of it

for the smoky eye look use a dark eye shadow on the lower lash line(dont exceed)and the edge of the ye stoppin at the crease

cultivate the habit of shavn regularly u'll be happy u did when u wearing that tube or sleeeless

after using ur mascara dont force the stick back in it traps air in the tube and the mascara dries up,instead twist it in

look like a diva by applying shadow(gold,silver,bronze,etc) in the inner corner of ur eyes

use coloured pencils on ur lower lashline they really bring out ur eyes(i use blue and green mainly and they work wonders for me)

carry a small perfume in ur bag u never know wen u'll need it

wear big earrings without a necklace u'll love the look better

eyebrows are soo important dont let them grow out of shape,thats it for now,will keep ya posted on moe tips wink
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by JasmineSie(f): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2008
Nail polish doesn't look cute when chipped so make sure its glossy

don't ever chew ur nails and fixing on dem only hides it for a while plus too much glue aint good for the nails and u can get gangrene(greenish things on ur nails)

if u wearing coprorate pants they should be on top of ur shoes not longer or shorter

If u wearing open sandals make sure ur toes aint sticking out and almost clawing d floor

Get beauty sleep it brings out ur beauty

If u v oily skin don't use creme/oil base foundation u tend to "bling"after a whiel

don't wash ur face too much if u'r trying to get rid of oil(for oily skin) v u noticed ur skin just goes on to produce more

if u wear heels a lot get a foot massage once in a while

a body massage is good on wekends u feel more relaxed and ready for the week ahead

Get a primer and apply before powder it reduces shine on ur tzone and chin

Buy a jean ur size or use a belt its not nice seeing ur ass line when usit,def a NO NO

Combine colours/experiment WITH SENSE I.e

wear bright colours yellow green red etc

carry stylish colourful big bags they are a def faux pas they contain all ur stuff and u get to look chic and classy not 4gtn haute

always have shades they protect ur eyes from the suns harmful uv rays and u get to look classy/haute(i.e if u choose the right one) wink

contol coours with ur belt and shoe i.e back shoe black belt.def faux pas

less is more in makeup world so wen u don't have any on u don't look ill

when using more than one eyeshadow make sure they blend flawlessly else u end up looking like a clown,use pastel colours on the eyebroe bone

never wear pattern on pattern though som mixtures look great be extremely careful else u end up looking like a circus freak

change ur powder/foundaton puff/foam regularly all dat powder and sweat caked on it can cause a rash and acne

look at ur complexion before buying a powder/foundation,test it before u buy it on ur jawline.and blend into ur hairline when u apply so as not to appear bitchy

look at ur complexion before buying coloured hairweaves, u can test hairstles on ur pic on thehairstyler.com though u have to pay a fee i think its worth it it helps u choose hairstyles that go with ur face shape

don't use so many products at once it can cause discoloration and cracking try to stick to a paticular brand

black liner is a def NO NO

if using stick lipgloss dont put d stick directly on the lips instead use a lip brush .it makes the gloss change colour and start smelling and ur lip has different colurs or feels like there are tiny stones on it

brush ur lashes before applying mascara and wipe off excess mascar from the brush to avoid clotting and dont apply more two coats

have a strapless bra and cross bra 4 ur gown or tank tops ur bra must be out out of sight

dont wear necklaces on turtlenecks and halters

to make ur lipstick stay longer dust a lil powder on ur lips

if u have a big tummy dont wear clingy/exposing tops everyone doesnt have to know

if u r wearing a cleavage gown dust some shimmer makes it look more attractive

till i think of more

plus learnt from all ur posts. wink grin cool

pls keep posting
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by JasmineSie(f): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
@sandra 2008 i used to have that problem too had to employ my sister to clean it with ma facial cleanser after bathing morning and night,and applied dusting powder on it and let her tell u if there's any progress and also try to overcome the temptation of reaching back nd bursting them they leave spots and can be unsightly in a backless top.it helped me a lot.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by olive4rl(f): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2008
can someone please tell me which creme to use for my skin. am chocolate in colour. i've tried some cremes but i get negative results, and some even the present one i'm using now gives me ringworm. ANY GOOD CREME TO CLEAR IT OFF PLEASEEEEE. the face is the first atttraction of any body.
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by abujabooks(f): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2008
Great topic
Re: Fashion ~ Beauty & Grooming Tips : Post Them Here. by TOYOSI20(f): 5:34am On Oct 23, 2008
Yea these are really cool tips. . . . . . . . . wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CAMOUFLAGE CLOTHES: Is It Illegal For Civilians In Nigeria?! / Nike Is Restocking The Super Eagles 2018 World Cup Collection! / The Nu Hair Extension Craze; Brazilian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.