Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years (24435 Views)

Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! / Angola Set To Overtake Nigeria / Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Godogwu: 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
EPOMA:

Impossible. Nigeria is not in the class of South Africa . We don't have a clue of what we are doing in this country so it is impossible. Do we have an economy. Only mtn will prove to us that we can not pass South Africa. Income from dstv and mtn alone will match Nigeria. We keep deceiving ourselves and children

You really don't have a clue what you're doing with your life yea?..... Pitiful
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Godogwu: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
chucky234: Where is this half-baked chronic illiterate is coming from,and you dumbly think everyone access the internet from cyber cafe like your wretched self.
Good to know that are happy with politicians looting our money in the name of salaries and allowances while the ordinary man wallow in poverty,I underestimated your foolish:ness and I have nothing but pity for you.
What a chronic discombobulated wretched poverty stricken goon roaming aimlessly on NL with no hope of livelihood,idio:t.

LOOOL please ...... Here's a bench \____.
An hopefully all that irrelevant vocabulary can get you a job. Frankly i don't know what you mean by "ordinary" and I've given this example before, watch this video and be educated.. Now bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A%22
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by paulsan(m): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
How true is this statements......., that no Nigerian is feeling it...
Please stop this obvious lies from spreading heinous statements to our minds
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by ZUBY77(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
GEJ should stop bribing western media houses with our money. We are hungry down here.
The money spent on his lapdogs here on nairaland and elsewhere is enough. Stop going to bbc, cnn and reuters. We have eyes and we know GDP when we see it. How can you overtake South Africa in two years? What kind of secured highway can you construct in two years? What about good railway lines? What about electricity? There is no light as i type this. Where do you even start? A mere east west road that connects Onitsha with Lagos has been under reconstruction since 1990. What about Niger bridge?
Gej is richer than zuma. Every Nigerian governor is richer than Zuma.
Our citizens who used to push barrows down here are making real money in South Africa now. And in two years, all those things will change. Tell that to the birds
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Pachesky(m): 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
@op u nid 2 smoke dat ish gej and co blaw..took it diz morning n d math of d ol ish summed up..9ja looked like us n china combined!!!! nw i undastnd y its easy 4 those ba****dos 2 formulate a policy with some mumbo jumbo figures n promise us heaven on earth with specific dates..
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by FXKing2012(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
chunis:

Sir, there is Econimic growth and Economic development..... Corruption, insecurity, power supply, education... These, all fall under "development". Economic growth is jst about gdp. So d "re-basing" story is valid.
Sir, I wouldnt want to call you a slowpoke even though you sound very much like one. How can there be economic growth or growth in GDP (going by your definition) when there is no power supply to support small and medium scale industries? How does the economy grow when insecurity is scaring would-be foreign investors away? How will the economy grow in a country where the funds that could have been invested in infrastructures such as roads, schools, hospitals, etc are embezzled by ministry workers or when our foreign reserve is being plundered by politicians?

Sir, please, dont get me started with you.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chucky234(m): 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Godogwu:

LOOOL please ...... Here's a bench \____.
An hopefully all that irrelevant vocabulary can get you a job. Frankly i don't know what you mean by "ordinary" and I've given this example before, watch this video and be educated.. Now bye

Well your dumb watery brain cannot and will not get you anywhere,go get a life scumbag.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Godogwu: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
chucky234: Well your dumb watery brain cannot and will not get you anywhere,go get a life scumbag.

LOOL aii g, ive already done internships in my uncle's engineering firm in Nigeria and also a summer internship here in the US and after i graduate and then get my masters, i'll still have a great job in Naij. so yea.... I actually have a life. Like!, I'm living the good life but I'm so sorry about your never changing condition and with this attitude, you'll prolly die where you are.... Pitiful
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by dada01(m): 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
It is so unfottunate that most of nigerias haters dont know book! Please there is diffrences btw economy growth and economy development
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 16, 2013
Let's be positive for Nigeria, negativity doesn't help. Criticisms aint bad but have an optimistic mind. That's how to live.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by spassion: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2013
Though the political system seems rough, though the roads still looks bad, electricity in a poor state, and Boko haram added to it, i think we should start thinking positive as Nigerians. If you look at many top countries today, they have gone through tough and rough times like Nigeria. Even the world's second largest economy, China still have many major problems. There are places you will look at in China and you won't even believe it is the second largest economy in the world, i mean the underdeveloped villages. Though, they have money to develop those villages.
Now back to Nigeria, if you look at the telecommunication sector, the movie industry, the banking sector and many more, you will find out the truth. Also, the commercialization of Nigeria is going beyond Lagos, which is the commercial capital of Nigeria. If you look at Ogun state and so many other states in Nigeria, they are gradually becoming industrialized. These are signs that there is improvement. Another thing, thanks to the Lagos state govt., many streets in Lagos can now boast of street lights, traffic light and many more infrastructures. Also, the Eko atlantic project will be a big boost for Nigeria economy. The Metrorail being built in Lagos and the improved transportation system such as the introduction of the modern BRT buses in Lagos.
I totally understand that high unemployment still lingers and it hurts a lot of people but I can tell you that things have improved compared to 5 to 10 years back. Since after the banking sector reforms, introduction of GSM, the standard of living has improved.
With the banking reforms, I think in the next 5 to 10 years, Nigerian banks will be controlling the banking sector in most African and European countries.
If you are comparing Nigeria to other countries, try to compare from a broader perspective. I think you should be happy that you didn't find yourself in the position of people in Greece, Cyprus and those that got caught up in the global financial crisis.
I hope there would be improvement in the provision of capital for SMEs, stable electricity, good roads and reduction in poverty level.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by andrewza: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2013
The nigerian econmy is set to become larger than the south african economy not stronger. Nigeria has 3 times has many people than SA so the fact it is taking so long is shocking. But if you look at GDP percapita, ecomnic divirsty and industristion you will see nigeria is still far from becoming a stronger force than SA. All so SA produces a lot of luxry goods(cars, wine extra) for europe. There troubels is negtivly effecting us. That is why we shifting to inter african trade and trade to east.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by spassion: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
In regards to GDP per capita, I think we shouldn't rush because if we push the per capita income very fast then we would be in hot soup just like what is happening in Europe and USA now. When so many people earn very high, when the economy is in trouble then every household would be in trouble.
Like what the telecommunication firms and banks have helped to do in Nigeria, before the banking reforms of Soludo, how many people were earning as high as after the reform? After the reforms, we can even see some fresh graduates driving cars they couldn't dream of during Sani Abacha's regime. If we push the per capita too fast then the repercussion will too bad for us the people to cope with. The repercussion will be high inflation. Even the Gari and rice will become too expensive.
Except if we want to become like Zimbabwe.
I total understand how much people want the GDP per capita to rise very fast because of the poverty rate but that can be eradicated through provision of infrastructures such as the metrorail in Lagos, the revival of the Nigerian railway, education like building of more schools and provision of more free education, solving electricity problem, this would generate great employment because many SME will boom.
But there are still problems lying ahead for the country like the police and politicians. The police in Nigeria is more than corrupt. Politicians are extremely corrupt. These two are very big problems.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by manny4life(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
I've always said it before, and I will say it again, Nigeria trying to compare herself with SA is a feat Nigeria shouldn't be proud of. With 160million citizens, we should be trying to beat the $1trillion GDP mark, not with SA. The foundation of every economy is a stronghold of industrialization / Small business enterprises. If Nigerian govt can provide the necessary electricity, good transportation network, and good fiscal policies in place, slowly but surely, poverty, unemployment, etc will gradually diminish and corruption which is the bane of our nation will reduce (not removed).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Dibiachukwu: 9:42am On Apr 17, 2013
One of the stimulus test for this government commitment to reduce poverty would be the availability of competitively priced electric power in industrial hubs like Aba.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by 4Play(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2013
The projection that the size of Nigeria's economy will be larger than South Africa's in a few years is sound. It's funny seeing a motley of ignoramuses claiming this is inconceivable.

Of course, the quality of Nigeria's economic development is poor compared to RSA's; per capita income and living standards are much lower. However, it's the same way China has a larger economy than Japan due to population though living standards in China is awful compared to Japan.

The way GDP works is quite simple: A family of 10 with annual income of N2m is deemed ''richer'' than a family of 4 with income of N1.8m. You can see, however, living standards will be better in the latter than the former.

Nigeria has more than double RSA's population so just to match their average income, we should have more than double their GDP. Our GDP will surpass theirs soon, highly probable, but we are a long way from matching their standard of living.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:44am On Apr 17, 2013
AFRICAS RECENT OIL FINDINGS might affect Nigerias oil prices(might force them to drink it) grin

CENTRAL AFRICA
DRC,Congo Brazzaville,Gabon,Equitorial Guinea all have oil. I wont dwell on them. wink

EAST AFRICA OIL
This regions population has overtaken west africa is projected to double the size of west africa in 2050.
Kenya=10 billion barrels
Ethiopia=2 billion barrels untapped
Somalia=11 billion barrels unapped(Italy is back offering em help to rebuild their country).
Tanzania=5 billion barrels

SOUTHERN AFRICA OIL
Namibia=18-166 billion of original oil(seen as next Norway)
South Africa=12-30 billion barrels untapped secret, built Mthombo and Coega for this.
Mozambique=17 billion barrels
Madagascar=21 billion barrels untapped

Videocon's Mozambique block finds 17bn barrels of oil
Markets And Macros at 14 March 2013 11:00 am
SHARE . EMAIL . PRINT . A+

Gas company Anadarko has discovered a substantial quantity of gas in two gas wells off the coast of Mozambique. India's Videocon and BPCL, both have 10% stake in those gas wells and it is being considered as one of the largest gas finds in the world.

Anadarko informed that its Atum Discovery Well encountered 92 metres gas pay. Atum and Golfinho gas wells are also believed to hold 10-30 Tcf of gas. The company further told that the offshore Area I Recoverable Resource is approaching 100 Tcf of gas.

In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Venugopal Dhoot, CMD, Videocon is elated with the discovery and says that it is indeed a very good news for the country . He said that the exploration could lead to the procurement of as much as 17 billion barrels of oil and India is eligible for a 20% share.

Dhoot further added that the Rovuma Area I is one of the largest ever gas finds globally. However, only two-third of Rovuma's area has been drilled and further drilling is expected in the second half of CY12. Although, the company has not fixed any timeline for oil and gas demerger, Dhoot calculates the NPV(Net Present Value) of Videocon's stake in the Mozambique block at USD 6.5 billion.

Below is the edited transcript of the interview on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying videos.

Q: Can you tell us about the discovery off the coast of Mozambique? What is the amount that Anadarko is talking about?

A: It's a very good news for India. India will be having 20% of the gas. Anadarko said that about 60 tcf of gas has been found and it is approaching the recoverable 60 trillion and it is approaching towards 100 trillion recovered reserve. It is equal to 17 billion barrels of oil and Videocon and BPCL both have 20% share in the gas well.

It's a very big find and very big news. I should say this is one of the largest gas find in the world as on today and from the beginning Mozambique field has been very successful to Videocon and it started from 10 Tcf and now it is talking about 100 Tcf. This is enviable to any gas producer in the world.

Q: Just wanted to come down with regards to the 10% stake that Videocon holds in this oil discovery. What exactly would it value your stake at this point in time and give us a sense in terms of the modalities of the possible demerger of your oil and gas business? Where would all of this stand now?

A: That demerger will come later. I think NPV calculation at today's rate should come to around USD 6.5 billion for Videocon. It's a great news. It's a great success. That should be the value and our other partners would also benefit.

This is just the beginning. Just one-third area of Mozambique has been discovered so far. Mozambique is now approaching to be as big as Qatar and it is good news for Videocon and India.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2013
@Mudfaces
Chinas and Indias population is projected to decline in future due to AGING. Same case applies in AFRICA. East Africas population has overtaken west africa in 2010. Theyr the most populated region in Africa. By 2050 East Africa will be leading in numbers/population then start AGING by 2100 then CENTRAL AFRICA will take over for the next decade. Am sure SOUTHERN AFRICA will increase in numbers also by 2160 onwards grin

REMEMBER MUDS WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN. Ethiopia,Uganda,DRC,Tanzania populations will be rival some will even overtake Naija in future.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2013
@Mudfaces
As we speak 112million people in Naija live below $1 a day. Over 80 million or half of Nigerias population live in RURAL AREAS/VILLAGE boys(where theres poor roads,no electricity,poor education etc..). Am sure this makes ya'll feel better heyPOOR GIANTS wanna be. Their HDI index is still low... cry In HIV AIDS a research by a Nigerian Prof in UCT and Indian research institute shows Nigeria and India will overtake SA in HIV AIDS by 2016 onwards. cry

Pls ask me to bring this source
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chunis: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2013
FXKing2012:
Sir, I wouldnt want to call you a slowpoke even though you sound very much like one. How can there be economic growth or growth in GDP (going by your definition) when there is no power supply to support small and medium scale industries? How does the economy grow when insecurity is scaring would-be foreign investors away? How will the economy grow in a country where the funds that could have been invested in infrastructures such as roads, schools, hospitals, etc are embezzled by ministry workers or when our foreign reserve is being plundered by politicians?

Sir, please, dont get me started with you.

I am an Economist! I know you are not! Cos u sound like an ignorant person...... So go and do ur research b4 spitting meaningless things from ur mouth

I am an Economist....
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2013
chunis:

I am an Economist! I know you are not! Cos u sound like an ignorant person...... So go and do ur research b4 spitting meaningless things from ur mouth

I am an Economist....

Hahahah Garri Economisttongue

What the price of Casava in two years judging by a 8% inflation rate and a 7% economic growth without adequate power and a industrial base.

Nigeria's economy is growing due to its middle class consumer base, not due to massive infrastructural role outs( which is currently only concentrated in a few centers). Without a manufacturing base to support the size of Nigeria's growing population, structural problems will soon surface because no economy can sustain such high consumption expenditure. With such an inflation rate the currently who is reaping the rewards, the man who buys casava and peppers on the roadside Please dream on "Mr Economistriss"tongue
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2013
DictatorZAR:

What the price of Casava in two years judging by a 8% inflation rate and a 7% economic growth without adequate power and a industrial base.

Nigeria's economy is growing due to its middle class consumer base, not due to massive infrastructural role outs( which is currently only concentrated in a few centers). Without a manufacturing base to support the size of Nigeria's growing population, structural problems will soon surface because no economy can sustain such high consumption expenditure. With such an inflation rate the currently who is reaping the rewards, the man who buys casava and peppers on the roadside Please dream on "Mr Economistriss"tongue
imports reduced by 43% and its reducing .. that should tell you something... ignoramus cool
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
I really dont know where this people pluck these figures from but before we dream of over taking South African economy we need to go back to the basis sort out our electricity and diversify our economy

Yes in Nigeria the Banking, Telecoms or Oil Industry are booming but South Africa also make things. You have world class defence companies, auto makers, aerospace companies and nuclear energy companies in South Africa making things and adding value to the local economy and we are thinking of evertaking them with agriculture eventhough there is no clear evidence of world class mechanised farming in Nigeria?

******smh********
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
Overtaking south african economy in 2years time shouldn't be our priority. I want to see a nigerian economy three time that of south africa in 10years times. We've got the capital.mineral and human resources to do it if only we want to.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chunis: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Nawa oooo.. Some people just like making a fuss about something really simple and glaring! Thank God u have agreed that " Nigeria's economy is growing due to bla bla bla...... " Now lemme lecture u as an Economist dat ur not! An economy like Nigeria's can have growth without development! Don't be confused jst follow on..... This is simply because of d market dat we have (abt 160milliin ppl) dis encourages firms, companies and likes to spend so much on diesel because dey know d market would surely cover dia costs! Mtn masts (radio towers) run on generator 24/7 in most places.... Why haven't dey left d country
Do u know how much we make daily from d oil sector? That's (2.53 million barrels * $75)
Do u know how many multinational companies are in Nigeria? And how many are making arrangements to come in The answer is MARKET!
We have d market! So in Nigeria, there can be growth (gdp) wivout development!
Ur welcome Ignoramus!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
chunis:

Nawa oooo.. Some people just like making a fuss about something really simple and glaring! Thank God u have agreed that " Nigeria's economy is growing due to bla bla bla...... " Now lemme lecture u as an Economist dat ur not! An economy like Nigeria's can have growth without development! Don't be confused jst follow on..... This is simply because of d market dat we have (abt 160milliin ppl) dis encourages firms, companies and likes to spend so much on diesel because dey know d market would surely cover dia costs! Mtn masts (radio towers) run on generator 24/7 in most places.... Why haven't dey left d country
Do u know how much we make daily from d oil sector? That's (2.53 million barrels * $75)
Do u know how many multinational companies are in Nigeria? And how many are making arrangements to come in The answer is MARKET!
Ur welcome Ignoramus!

Where the hell did you get your education from.

Growth without development are you a ignorant retard

Now let me school you.

1)With adequate healthcare system a nation can't provide for its elderly who worked hard to pay tax including woman and children who needs primary healthcare =infrastructural development.

2) Without roads and rail infrastructure to ferry goods and services quicker and faster to markets a economy will never be competitive=infrastructural development( that's why china is the construction capital of the world)

3) Without reliable electricity supply and in Large quantities no manufacturing base can establish itself(on generators)=no development
-No power no high tech engineering firms=no development
-No power no large smelter's=no development.

Who you trying to fool just look at where Nigeria is on country vs country competitiveness. I'm no economist but I do know without large scale infrastructure development like rail(light/heavy), roads, primary health care centers, airports, harbors, educational institutions, housing, water supply/sanitation and electricity supply no country can fully reach its potential.

Nigeria is progressing though there are infrastructural schemes in development its far below compared to what countries like Angola South Africa are doing currently.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chunis: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Where the hell did you get your education from.

Growth without development are you a ignorant retard

Now let me school you.

1)With adequate healthcare system a nation can't provide for its elderly who worked hard to pay tax including woman and children who needs primary healthcare =infrastructural development.

2) Without roads and rail infrastructure to ferry goods and services quicker and faster to markets a economy will never be competitive=infrastructural development( that's why china is the construction capital of the world)

3) Without reliable electricity supply and in Large quantities no manufacturing base can establish itself(on generators)=no development
-No power no high tech engineering firms=no development
-No power no large smelter's=no development.

Who you trying to fool just look at where Nigeria is on country vs country competitiveness. I'm no economist but I do know without large scale infrastructure development like rail(light/heavy), roads, primary health care centers, airports, harbors, educational institutions, housing, water supply/sanitation and electricity supply no country can fully reach its potential.

Nigeria is progressing though there are infrastructural schemes in development its far below compared to what countries like Angola South Africa are doing currently.

Of course no country can reach its full potential without development! What's causing all dis sef? I only corrected ur notion abt growth and development?
Growth is increase in GDP or national income only!
Development is simultaneous increase in health services, security, power, water supply and Education.
This is where u are getting it all wrong. U are using growth and development interchangeably. When an economy grows, there has been an increase in Gross domestic product of dat country. GDP is d final amount of all the goods and services produced in a country at market value( monetary terms) just have dis at d back of ur head.
Now imagine a situation where by ppl are encouraged to become entrepreneurs in Nigeria, ppl now use dia savings or idle money to start up small businesses. Now these people are providing goods and services in dia different religions. This is growth in d economy. No development really had to take place b4 dis could happen.
This is all i am trying to say, u are replacing growth wiv development. They aren't d same thing. The author of d article didn't say Nigeria's economy was gonna be more developed dan SA.... He said "overtake" in terms of gdp!
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by manny4life(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
I love this argument, grin grin grin

Not to meddle into yall's argument, there's a BIG difference between "GROWTH" and "DEVELOPMENT". Oya, back to your argument. grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by spassion: 8:19am On Apr 23, 2013
chunis:

Ur welcome Ignoramus!

I think this should be clear enough to explain why Nigeria economy is going to boom. The power sector will recover. Infrastructure will definitely show up. You need to see the amount of money that has been spent on infrastructures in the last couple of years by the state govts like Lagos state. Look at the industries springing up in Ogun state and its environs. Though i am short of information from other states excluding the Northern Nigeria boko haram issues.
The corruption in China and so many European countries are far more than in Nigeria.
China was once in this poor state and they are still in one today. But now their economy is the second largest in the world, though the standard of living is still very low. The GDP per capita is also not better than that of Nigeria. But look at the middle class, it has grown.
If i am not wrong, the middle class that will boost the economy is already growing in Nigeria, just like when China started growing also, without ignoring the fact that the poverty level is still high.
The banking sector keeps growing, the telecommunication sector keeps growing, investors are eager to come into Nigeria.
One of the signs that the economy is bound for upright direction in the short and medium term is that now we are growing while other mega economies are shrinking.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
@Chunis
You made my day grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DYou got that one right by separating GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.

NIGERIA WILL STILL BE A SHITHOLE IT IS shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
OVERPOPULATION+POOR INFRUSTRUCTURE+CORRUPTION+AIDS+POVERTY+TRIBALISM+RELIGIOUS WARS=SHITHOLE NIGERIA grin grin grin grin grin

AT DICTATOR ZA CAN U SEE WHY LIVING IN SOUTH AFRICA IS A BLESSING??YOU CHINA HAVE BEST OF EVERYTHING. I laughed one day on TV where they showed a BLIND NIGERIAN GIRL who couldn't get help in that SHITHOLE and moved to SA where she got help and even improved her ENGLISH ACCENT. Her mom sounded bad with that pidgin crap, her ONE EYED GIRL speaks well now and behaves lika HUMAN not lika BOON.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
@DictatorZA

SA OIL AND GAS RESERVES
Contigent Oil for SA=30BILLION BARRELS

http://www.energy.gov.za/files/IEP/presentations/OilandGasReservesInSA_30March2012.pdf

PLEASE NOTE CHINA OUR NEIGHBOURS HAVE OIL ALSO IN BIG NUMBERS.

Namibia=50-166billions of oil (SA has stretched SALDANHA BAY harbour and oil refinery plant for this). SA west coast has similar billion barrel rock types "CAPE GEOLOGICAL BELT" with BRAZIL,FALKLAND ISLANDS(discovered 60bbl of oil), NAMIBIA.
Mozambique=17billions of oil (SA has stretched DURBAN harbour and Building new port in old Durban airport site for this). Zululand waters are highly unexplored Shell,Cairn etc..are there.
Madagascar=21billions of oil.
AS YOU CAN SEE PETRO SA AND SASOL WILL BE BUSY. Did u know SASOL has bought out a CANADIAN firm in Nigeria we have oil there also. Plus we're giving em CHEAP FOOD from SHOPRITE(poor people in SA shop here not us).

PLUS SOUTH AFRICA STILL HAS SHALE GAS THAT WILL BRING IN R200BILLION ANNUALLY TO OUR GDP.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
@DictatorZA
BY 2030 SA WILL BE OFFICIALLY JOINING THE FIRST WORLD. wink wink winkWE' LL HAVE THE HIGHEST HDI INDEX, BIGGEST MIDDLE CLASS. 90% of our people will be living in urban areas. Note we're developing former townships into TOWNS.
OUR FOCUS NOW IS DEVELOPMENTS IN SOALLED BLACK,COLOURED,INDIAN AREAS THAT WERE GROUPED TOGETHER BY NAZI APARTHEID.

We never asked Bill Clinton for this one. CORNUBIA MIXED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT. Will have NEW CITY CENTRE, INDUSTRIAL ZONE, MIDDLE AND UPPER INCOME HOUSING, PARKS etc..

CORNUBIA
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1137617&page=3

WESCAPE DEVELOPMENT

http://wescapelife.co.za/gallery/

Near Durban BRIDGE CITY also built for the masses(blacks,coloureds and Indians).

Pls visit the GALLERIES here shocked shocked grin grin grin
http://www.bridgecity.co.za/gallery/

RANDOM DEVELOPMENTS SKYSCRAPERS

http://www.iolproperty.co.za/roller/news/entry/tshwane_in_bold_bid_to

RANDOM DEVELOPMENTS

http://blog.galetti.co.za/2012/04/top-five-planned-buildings/

NEW PORT IN OUTISDE DURBAN BUILT ON THE SITE OF OLD DURBAN AIRPORT. Reseaon behind is OIL BOOM IN OUR REGION. Mozambique has 17bbl, Madagascar has 21bbl, we have about 9bbl on Zululand waters note other region around SA have more.

http://www.infrastructurene.ws/2012/10/01/new-dig-out-port-for-durban-sees-massive-infrastructure-spend/

SOON WE WILL BE TAKING NIGERIA OUT OF BUSINESS IN OIL. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

EXPECT CAPE TOWN, DURBAN,JOBURG,PRETORIA,POLOKWANE etc..to boom with CONSTRUCTION undecided

http://www.energy.gov.za/files/IEP/presentations/OilandGasReservesInSA_30March2012.pdf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Proposed 5% VAT On Online Purchases: Nigerians React / Soludo Mourns Dr Nwando & Others Who Lost Their Lives In The Kaduna Train Attack / Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.