Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

NIIT: Are They Worth It? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NIIT: Are They Worth It? (37224 Views)

New Horizon Vs Niit Which Will You Recommend For Training In Oracle Database / Name The Best IT Institute In Name: NIIT, APTECH, KAROX / Aptech, NIIT Or Karrox For Oracle Certificatification? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Prof234: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
Their price is expensive and service delivery very poor. Same experience at NIIT Surulere branch, they say they accept installment payment within 3 months. In was barely one month when they started harassing me to complete payment, as if I agreed to pay in one month.
My teacher does as she likes because there is no checks on quality.
I taya for that school joor.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by netcomms(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Click the link below to get the best in practical fiber optics training.
http://www.dealdey.com/deals/fiber-optics-transmission-engineering-training-surulere-lagos
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Chayilnotes: 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
Straw:
I wouldn't say NIIT is that bad , I was there around 2001 at the Iponri centre in Surulere and  I was lucky to be with this batch of really hard working guys and we did a lot of group studies thanks to the books and  it paid off .
  I wouldn’t say it was NIIT that got me to where I am today,  it was   down to share determination and a lot of hard work. A place like NIIT is a good start but you cant rely on the lecturers alone, 4 of us studied together to prepare for the  MCP examination which we all passed and today we all have great jobs because we did not stop there.

I think what really helped  was the fact that I moved to UK to study just after I left  but if I had not gone to NIIT I don’t think I would have continued with IT.
Guys to really excel in IT at times you need more than what a school has to offer or any lecturer, you have to be determined.

I work for Microsoft Corporation  now in UK and the hard work is what got me there with the  help of great friends  , Lanre , Chike and Ikemefuna I will always cherish the times we all spent together.

Abbey
Hello Abbey,
Please can I reach you via email?
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by rowrowland: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2020
I guess a lot of people went to NIIT thinking they'd be spoonfed(because they paid huge amount). Sorry, it's never like that. If you can study online or look for a tutor, and then go for a vendor certification - that's it. You save plenty. Many years ago a lot of guys left NIIT and ran back to me to learn Java1.4 grin
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2020
rowrowland:
I guess a lot of people went to NIIT thinking they'd be spoonfed(because they paid huge amount). Sorry, it's never like that. If you can study online or look for a tutor, and then go for a vendor certification - that's it. You save plenty. Many years ago a lot of guys left NIIT and ran back to me to learn Java1.4 grin
Don't mind them.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by DuchessLily(f): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2021
rowrowland:

Pls do u know if NIIT offer these courses:

Comptia A+ (software and Hardware)
N+ ( Network +)
CCNA
Security+
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by talantolo: 10:37am On Jun 23, 2021
DuchessLily:

Pls do u know if NIIT offer these courses:

Comptia A+ (software and Hardware)
N+ ( Network +)
CCNA
Security+

Ofcourse, Niit offers those courses @affordable rate.
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Dclique(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
The service in NIIT Ikeja is very poor. Don't go there.

1 Like

Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Bibiaduke(f): 1:29am On Sep 25, 2022
This is 2022, please is new horizons worth the hype? Ap tech or which is the best tech school in Lagos? I need an honest review please before I pay��
Re: NIIT: Are They Worth It? by Mastakija(m): 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
beelala:
i worked in aptech in 2002 as a faculty(instructor) and i also have a friend that joined aptech from niit in 2002. my younger brother finshed his course in aptech this year.

so i can talk about aptech- v.i centre. it is a good school and worth the investment. their programs are broad (from database to programming, from vb.net, java, microsoft office, sql).

however, you must have the passion yourself, study and practise.

niit-- there books are good, their certificate is hot and they have the name but their programs are streamlined-- e.g u go in 4 java or u say u go in for database. mostly favours professional (my own opinion) trying to get into a new technology.

however, there are cheaper schools especially in lagos.

my advise, if you cant go to any other cheap school go to aptech. i spent 280k funding my bros education there. for a 1 year program. the guy said it was worth it.!!!

boss how far

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.