Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Three Groups Fight For APC Identity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Groups Fight For APC Identity (8930 Views)

It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Atiku, Akande Battle For APC BOT Chairmanship / Photo : This Lovely Boy Lost His Mum In Today's Bomb Blast ; Identity Unknown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Confusion over the use of the acronym, APC, worsened on Thursday as a third group, the All Patriotic Citizens, which is seeking registration as a political party, laid claim to it.

Two groups – the All Progresssives Congress and the African Peoples Congress – had earlier engaged in a war of words over the ownership of the acronym.

The All Patriotic Citizens and the African Peoples Congress said they had submitted their registration applications to the Independent National Electoral Commission for registration as political parties.

But the merger committee of the sponsors of the All Progresssives Congress – the Action Congress of Nigeria, the Congress for Progressive Change, the All Nigeria Peoples Party and the All Progressive Grand Alliance – said there was no going back on the decision by the group to use the acronym.

“We have informed the whole world of our decision to merge under the name All Progressive Congress with acronym, APC,”the Chairman of merger committee, Chief Tom Ikimi, said during a press conference in Abuja.

“We are determined to pursue the process to its logical conclusion in the interest of our fatherland. The feeble attempt by any other entity to pretend to use the same acronym is an exercise in futility which must fail because it amounts to what in law is called passing off,” ”Ikimi added.

But as the press conference went on, the National Director of Operation, All Patriotic Citizens, Mr. Oliver Ike, released a statement in which he said that the group had submitted its application for registration to INEC.

“We are committed to the re-engineering of our political, economic and social foundations to eschew politics of bitterness and build a new, united and prosperous Nigeria under good democratic governance,” Ike stated.

A copy of the application, which was made available to one of our correspondents, was dated March 8, 2013. INEC’s acknowledgement stamp was dated March 11, 2013.

The political group’s logo includes a lantern. It has its national office at Plot 1385 Gurara Street, Off IBB Street, Abuja.

The group said that its membership consisted of patriotic Nigerians that had genuine concern for the plight of Nigerian masses.

Besides the All Patriotic Citizens, the African Peoples Congress on Thursday beat the merger parties’ APC to the submission of requirements for its registration.

http://www.punchng.com/news/three-political-groups-fight-over-apc-identity/[b][/b]
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Okijajuju1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
And the Winner is!!

[size=16pt]PDP[/size]

I would have said 'FIRST TO COMMENT', but I dont want to say that and 'My Ogas at the Top' will vex and ban me...

8 Likes

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by vb0mb(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Season 3 of the movie
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by glimpse(f): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
PDP sure knows how to manipulate things.

2 Likes

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
Na the name APC sweet them reach?
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Alkidam(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
PDP is at it again. I wonder when they will stop these political propaganda. Non the less. It shows that they are already scared

1 Like

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Elose11(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
The merging parties are a very unserious group. In fact, they are parties that promote lawlessness. The fact that you have told the world APC is your acronym does not mean that it's legally yours. The other groups claiming the acronym are busy fine tuning their registration processes, the merging parties are busy wiping up sentiments. Tinubu, Lai and Buhari should know that Nigeria has grown beyond motor park politics. If they are serious about uprooting PDP in 2015 they had better be ready to work harder that they are doing presently. Resorting to self help will not work this time around.

6 Likes

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
smh. Buhari n Tinubu r in trouble. Dts wt u gt wen u talk too much n less wrk. If oda party wins dt acronym, dey wld av gained cheap popularity courtesy of Buhari n Tinubu.*i am watchin dz scene usin 3g ntwrk*
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by ifemiide: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
it s the poor people that is fighting for them that doesn't what they are doing, the politicians know what they are doing
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
YEYE DEY SMELL
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by devour129: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
i foresee a revolution in the nearest future and i mean this year ! people are boiling and i doubt if they can wait for 2015 to change government or the leaders
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Sijo01(f): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
Whats so special about the name, APC Can't doz oga at the top use another name? Must they fight over one

All this oga at the top sef, una matter dey taya person........ Make una respect una sef o because 'boys at the bottom' are watching
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju: And the Winner is!!

[size=16pt]PDP[/size]

I would have said 'FIRST TO COMMENT', but I dont want to say that and 'My Ogas at the Top' will vex and ban me...
smh 4 u, yes, u r d 1st coment, bt which gift did u recieve 4 dt?
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by iykak47: 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
devour129: i foresee a revolution in the nearest future and i mean this year ! people are boiling and i doubt if they can wait for 2015 to change government or the leaders
Why can't you start it? Abi na for mouth
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Okijajuju1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
idnoble135:

The gift of 'FIRST TO COMMENT'..

Dont hate.. The gods of Shedrach, Mishak and Alamiesigha will remember you one day.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by ajos(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
ASO VILLA here we cum...survival of d fittest....MY OGA AT THE TOP wul say sumtin dats al....

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by adaptor4all: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Bros no vex..him no knw se d tin go pain u..no vex

3 Likes

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by usayab(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Watch out for part 4 (jonathan/jega 2015)
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Costa2000(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Make dem fight now,wetin concern me
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Burger01(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
Election never start and they are already having problems.. APC!!! Smh..
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by nitlad: 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
[size=50pt]Nigeria - Theatre Of The Absurd. undecided[/size]
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by lacasa: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
They Should change the name already.

It's not rocket-science is it angry
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by devour129: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
iykak47: Why can't you start it? Abi na for mouth
no,no bi for mouth ! dazz all i can say for now
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by OgaTheTop2: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Is this the 'APC' planning to displace 'MOATT' and rule over Nigeria? Funny Party and 'Phony' people..... cool
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by SlyIg(f): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
All these oga of the top PDP guys sef .
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
When the elders join kids on the sand, the kids must pour them sand sand on their heads. The merger group decided to play dirty but did not know the rules of engagement. Now, let the music begin.
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Masiya(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
Where were dis political parties? Before the merger, infact they shuld use the same acronym, since they are at loggerheads dat wil tell d original owner of the acronyn. wich i know All Progressive congress wul have it all. The rest shuld hug transformer. Lol. 2015 part 1. Hmm PDP nd their gimmics.
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by sluvy4tune(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
idnoble135: smh. Buhari n Tinubu r in trouble. Dts wt u gt wen u talk too much n less wrk. If oda party wins dt acronym, dey wld av gained cheap popularity courtesy of Buhari n Tinubu.*i am watchin dz scene usin 3g ntwrk*

ur 3g na small letter u neva subscribe be that

1 Like

Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by Masiya(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hw does this better the lots of Nigerians? fighting for acronym wen people ar hungry. Why not use APZ or other alphabet ABC........Z
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by sluvy4tune(m): 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
Elose11: The merging parties are a very unserious group. In fact, they are parties that promote lawlessness. The fact that you have told the world APC is your acronym does not mean that it's legally yours. The other groups claiming the acronym are busy fine tuning their registration processes, the merging parties are busy wiping up sentiments. Tinubu, Lai and Buhari should know that Nigeria has grown beyond motor park politics. If they are serious about uprooting PDP in 2015 they had better be ready to work harder that they are doing presently. Resorting to self help will not work this time around.

Thank you my brother for this clear analysis what did Buhari or Tinubu expect INEC to do reserve the name for them ? or even register APC on dia behalf ? I think if APC deserve to govern this country they shud be smarta than this .
Re: Three Groups Fight For APC Identity by bakenda(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
Time to start my own political party...All Programmers Caucus.
wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facts About Aba In Abia State- Pictures / How President Buhari Was Poisoned / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.