Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

ATF For Benz 230e - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ATF For Benz 230e (1591 Views)

Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / Can I Replace Manual Gearbox Wt Automatic Gearbox On Benz 230E? / What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATF For Benz 230e by akanxpress: 6:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Pls what's the correct ATF specification for 1990 Benz 230e. A friend used Abro and the gearbox is not ok at the moment.
Secondly, where can one buy just the TCU ( automatic gear brainbox) for benz. Cos most parts dealers prefer to sell it with the gearbox .
I'll appreciate phone contact and address of the dealer. Thanks in advance
Re: ATF For Benz 230e by nissparts(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2013
Dextron III is suitable as ATF
Re: ATF For Benz 230e by akanxpress: 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
I thought Dextron II was for older cars?
Re: ATF For Benz 230e by nissparts(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
I said Dextron III
Re: ATF For Benz 230e by Trac: 3:32am On Mar 25, 2013
akanxpress: Pls what's the correct ATF specification for 1990 Benz 230e. A friend used Abro and the gearbox is not ok at the moment.
Secondly, where can one buy just the TCU ( automatic gear brainbox) for benz. Cos most parts dealers prefer to sell it with the gearbox .
I'll appreciate phone contact and address of the dealer. Thanks in advance

The correct specification is the MB synthetic automatic transmission fluid. I believe the 1990 rolled off the factory with the MB automatic fluid installed. If not, there was a recall to the transmissions and it was resolved using the MB reformulated fluid. The fluid is not your traditional Dexron III fluid. Its inherent properties are different.
Re: ATF For Benz 230e by CHIMCO(m): 4:28am On Mar 25, 2013
Use sea horse fluid.

(1) (Reply)

History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver / How To Escape From The Trunk/Boot Of A Car (Photos) / Hooray! We Are Getting An All New 2018 Toyota Camry Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.