Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (265535 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by chiefololade: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nice thread @op
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Slankey: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Weldone Honeric. I am a Shooting Stars ambassador. Coming with all the club updates. Stay glued! Up sooting!

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nigerian quartet in continental mood
by George Akpayen 15 March 2013, 17:17

Four Nigerian clubs will begin their quest for a place in the next round of the Caf Champions League and Confederation Cup this weekend.

Nigerian champions, Kano Pillars will play hosts to last year's winners of the Confederation Cup, AC Leopards at the Sani Abacha Stadium from 3pm local time this Saturday.

The trio of Mannir Ubale, Papa Idris and striker Gambo Mohammed joined up with the Kano club from the camp of the Nigerian national team but will continue to be without midfielder Gabriel Reuben.

Enugu Rangers will make the trip to Burundi for the first leg of the first round in the Caf Champions League against Vital'O on Sunday.

Former African Coach of the Year, Okey Emordi, has named a squad without Super Eagles' trio, Chigozie Agbim (not cleared), Chibuzor Okonkwo (not registered) and Sunday Mba, who is a player in dispute.

But Emordi is confident of leaving the Prince Louis Rwagasore Stadium in Bujumbura with a result against the Burundian champions.

"I have a squad capable of winning games. We have worked with players we have for this game rather than bother ourselves with those who are currently unavailable," said Emordi, who the Caf Champions League with Enyimba in 2004.

In the first round of the Caf Confederation Cup, Heartland and Lobi Stars will play their opening legs at home this weekend against US Bitam and Liga Muculmana de Maputo (LDMM) respectively.

Heartland and Lobi Stars were drawn bye in the preliminary round.

At the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri this Sunday, Heartland face Gabon's US Bitam, who humiliated Desportivo de Guadalupe from Sao Tome and Principe 17-1 on aggregate in the preliminary round.

Franck Corbin Guedegbe scored four goals for US Bitam at the Stade Augustin Monedan de Sibang in Libreville when they won 12-1 against Desportivo de Guadalupe in the second leg on March 2.

Lobi Stars will make their fourth appearance in Caf competitions after three previous attempts in 2000 (in the Champions League) and in 2004 and 2006 (in the Confederation Cup).

Ezekiel Bassey and Tony Okpotu will join up with Lobi Stars on Friday from the Super Eagles' camp in Abuja for the game against the Mozambicans in Bauchi on Sunday.

“The match is slated for Sunday in Bauchi and we expect Bassey and Okpotu to join us from the Eagles camp. After the match, both players will return to the Super Eagles camp. We did our best to return to Africa and we're preparing well for Sunday's match,” Lobi Stars' technical adviser, Dominic Iorfa, told supersport.com this week.

The second leg for the matches in the Caf Champions League and Confederation Cup will hold in a fortnight.

Caf Champions League

Kano Pillars v AC Leopards - Saturday

Vital'O v Enugu Rangers - Sunday

Caf Confederation Cup
Lobi Stars v LDMM - Sunday

Heartland FC v US Bitam - Sunday

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130315/Nigerian_quartet_in_continental_mood

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2013
Rangers to earn points in Burundi
by Humphrey Njoku 15 March 2013, 06:36

Enugu Rangers’ right-back, Ugonna Uzochukwu has assured Nigerians that his side will not return from the battle of Bujumbura, Burundi empty-handed.

The Coal City side arrived Lagos aboard Arik Air on Thursday afternoon for the trip to the landlocked Central African state for the first round, first leg fixture of the Caf Champions League against the Burundian campaigners, Vital’O.

The encounter on Sunday will hold at the 22,000-seat Prince Louis Rwagasore Stadium in Bujumbura, Burundi.

Uzochukwu said even though they are in the dark over the strength of their opponents they are positive of grabbing vital points at their backyard.

“One thing I want to assure Nigerians is that we won’t come back home from Bujumbura empty-handed.

“It could be an outright win or draw but the assurance is we must come back home with something no matter what the difficulties are over there in Bujumbura, Burundi.

“We don’t know anything about our opponents, Vital’O but we’ve steeled and psyched ourselves to face them squarely. We’ll grab a result that we will make the second fixture a bit easier,” said the Super Eagles’ defender to supersport.com.

Uzochukwu, who did not click to full potential against oriental foes, Enyimba in the opening match of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) in Enugu last Saturday, promised to up his game against the Burundian side.

“Expect the best from me against Vital’O. Usually first league game is difficult and against familiar foes like Enyimba you don’t expect it cheap. But it will be a different Uzochukwu against the Burundian side,” he assured.

The second fixture is expected to hold at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu in a fortnight. Rangers walked over their preliminary round opponents, Sporting do Principe of Sao Tome & Principe in Enugu.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130315/Rangers_to_earn_points_in_Burundi

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Santino1(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
honeric01: Nigerian quartet in continental mood

Heartland and Lobi Stars were drawn bye in the preliminary round.

At the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri this Sunday, Heartland face Gabon's US Bitam, who humiliated Desportivo de Guadalupe from Sao Tome and Principe 17-1 on aggregate in the preliminary round.

Franck Corbin Guedegbe scored four goals for US Bitam at the Stade Augustin Monedan de Sibang in Libreville when they won 12-1 against Desportivo de Guadalupe in the second leg on March 2.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked for real??
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Here is the match thread for Dolphins FC v Shooting Stars:
https://www.nairaland.com/1226979/dolphins-v-shooting-stars-march#up

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
[size=14pt]I dey follow this thread like twitter[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Eifeh(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2013
Vital'0 vs Enugu rangers 12:00 pm on sunday
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by albacete(m): 8:01am On Mar 16, 2013
my own is this: which of d bookies can i use to bet games on the NPL? So that as they are making their dough, i will be making mine too. Make my support no just dey in vain.

#Daz all#
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2013
Eifeh: Vital'0 vs Enugu rangers 12:00 pm on sunday

Yes, hopefully they'll win.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Eifeh(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, hopefully they'll win.
we need to open threed for dat
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Roland17(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bigflamie: Heartland FC. for life.
Please, can some1 tell the name of their manager?

Emmanuel Osigwe is the Chief coach of Heartland, while Lodewuk de Kruif is the Technical adviser..

https://www.nairaland.com/1220580/heartland-owerri-fans-thread
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by superbloke(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nice thread! Quick question though...why is it that the league has to be on hold because 4 teams are involved in continental competitions? Why can't other teams just go on with their games and the continental participants play their outstanding games during the week, or even have the match arranged some other time. The league started very late and i don't think there's enough time to waste waiting for a few teams before the rest go on with their games.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eifeh: we need to open threed for dat

You can open it for us.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
superbloke: Nice thread! Quick question though...why is it that the league has to be on hold because 4 teams are involved in continental competitions? Why can't other teams just go on with their games and the continental participants play their outstanding games during the week, or even have the match arranged some other time. The league started very late and i don't think there's enough time to waste waiting for a few teams before the rest go on with their games.
I think it's only the teams that are supposed to play against the continental teams that will have to wait. I think other teams will go ahead and play their games or so i think.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
superbloke: Nice thread! Quick question though...why is it that the league has to be on hold because 4 teams are involved in continental competitions? Why can't other teams just go on with their games and the continental participants play their outstanding games during the week, or even have the match arranged some other time. The league started very late and i don't think there's enough time to waste waiting for a few teams before the rest go on with their games.

This is why the league needs to put their house in order, if there was a sponsor, stuffs like this wouldn't happen.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think it's only the teams that are supposed to play against the continental teams that will have to wait. I think other teams will go ahead and play their games or so i think.

No, no league matches until Tuesday/Wednesday.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
honeric01:

No, no league matches until Tuesday/Wednesday.
Is it because of the continental engagements or it's just coincidental?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is it because of the continental engagements or it's just coincidental?

More of the league board not making the right decisions.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
[size=13pt]CAF Champions League: Kano Pillars 4-1 AC Léopards of Congo Kabiru Umar with the 4th.[/size]
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Caf Champions League

Vital'O v Enugu Rangers - Sunday (4pm)

Caf Confederation Cup

Lobi Stars v LDMM - Sunday (4pm)

Heartland FC v US Bitam - Sunday (4pm)
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by OgaTheTop2: 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
goldfish80: Following thread cool
yeah me too..following 'bumper to bumper'... cool
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by OgaTheTop2: 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Slankey: Weldone Honeric. I am a Shooting Stars ambassador. Coming with all the club updates. Stay glued! Up sooting!
Shooting for life.. We shoot all the way to champion.. Up Shooting.. Up Chelsea.... cool
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Burger01(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
. grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by saintneo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by gbengalite(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Am impressed with this thread...I ve gained a lot.
Where AJibade Omolade that won CAF champions league with Eyimba twice?

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Week 2

Today

El Kanemi 0-0 Wikki Tourists
Gombe United 1-0 ABS FC
Kwara United 1-1 Sunshine Stars
Kano Pillars 1-0 Bayelsa United
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by superbloke(m): 7:13am On Mar 21, 2013
I saw in the news last night that the league sponsorship issue has been resolved and globacom will be the sponsors. Also the chairman said the league will be shown on terrestrial stations very soon. I'll put up a thread with the info.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:27am On Mar 21, 2013
superbloke: I saw in the news last night that the league sponsorship issue has been resolved and globacom will be the sponsors. Also the chairman said the league will be shown on terrestrial stations very soon. I'll put up a thread with the info.

who's the chairman and which local tv stations are likely to start showing the league matches?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 21, 2013
superbloke: I saw in the news last night that the league sponsorship issue has been resolved and globacom will be the sponsors. Also the chairman said the league will be shown on terrestrial stations very soon. I'll put up a thread with the info.

Yay! Finally a corporate sponsor has come to the rescue! I'm also happy about the plan to broadcast Nigerian league matches on terrestrial tv; this will in no small way enhance the popularity of the league.

I'll propose that the primary rights be given to NTA, AIT and Channels TV, which will in turn sell the secondary terrestrial rights to the other tv stations.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by superbloke(m): 7:56am On Mar 21, 2013
honeric01:

who's the chairman and which local tv stations are likely to start showing the league matches?
Nduka Irabor. The thread is up. About the tv rights, i saw the info on AIT but details haven't been given. For now, no station has been mentioned.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
superbloke:
Nduka Irabor. The thread is up. About the tv rights, i saw the info on AIT but details haven't been given. For now, no station has been mentioned.

ok,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.