Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (265570 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:56am On Apr 22, 2013
ZUBY77:

honeric, no matter how you look at it, Maidugri is not safe. If i have the powers, no Match will be played in that state. Elkanemi should be moved toa safer state/stadium until that state is certified safe. What is the need of sending 2000 police officers to one game when they can just be moved to another city or stadium..

Our collective problem is that we judge things with sentiments. Enyimba may play safely there but ther is no guarantee that others will do the same.

Does that sound safe to you? If your son is a footballer, wouldnt you be worried that he plays in a hostile environment such as borno or yobe state?

You've still not answered my question, have other clubs not played away to El kanemi warriors?

Do you know where the stadium is located in Maid?

Are the people in NFF, NPFL stupid or blind to what's on ground, yet allow games to go on there? do you think they didn't access the situation before allowing games go on in Maid? BTW, Kanu Nwankwo is among the league board (Interim) and Emeka Irabor is their head. do you think these people are silly and you're wise?

Is there a state in Nigeria known as Boko Haram state? you're the one being sentimental here.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ZUBY77(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2013
honeric01:

You've still not answered my question, have other clubs not played away to El kanemi warriors?

Do you know where the stadium is located in Maid?

Are the people in NFF, NPFL stupid or blind to what's on ground, yet allow games to go on there? do you think they didn't access the situation before allowing games go on in Maid? BTW, Kanu Nwankwo is among the league board (Interim) and Emeka Irabor is their head. do you think these people are silly and you're wise?

Is there a state in Nigeria known as Boko Haram state? you're the one being sentimental here.

Do we really have to wat until something happens before we agree that some places are not safe?

Kanu Nwankwo and Irabor are not security agents.
The borno governor always shouts that borno is safe only for the BH boyz to bomb another school or police post.

We are not kids. We know what safety means honeric...
You understand that the last nations cup was supposed to be hosted by Libya?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
ZUBY77:

Do we really have to wat until something happens before we agree that some places are not safe?

Kanu Nwankwo and Irabor are not security agents.
The borno governor always shouts that borno is safe only for the BH boyz to bomb another school or police post.

We are not kids. We know what safety means honeric...
You understand that the last nations cup was supposed to be hosted by Libya?

Are these people silly?
The whole nff, are they silly?
Where's 100% safe in Nigeria?
When ND hosted alot of unrest, were games taken away from these cities?

Bro, the league board, club owners and the Nigerian football world are in a better position to determine where's safe and not safe. Even the players themselves know better than you do.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
The LMC board has been sacked by the club owners, this is getting funny. The club owners claim the LMC is acting on its own while nothing has been brought to the table since their inception.

No sponsor for the league
The clubs still pay refs

I just do not know where the league is heading.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by superbloke(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
honeric01: The LMC board has been sacked by the club owners, this is getting funny. The club owners claim the LMC is acting on its own while nothing has been brought to the table since their inception.

No sponsor for the league
The clubs still pay refs

I just do not know where the league is heading.
Na wa o. Is running a league rocket science again Can't state governments sell the clubs to business people instead of appointing politicians to manage clubs? angry angry angry
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2013
superbloke:
Na wa o. Is running a league rocket science again Can't state governments sell the clubs to business people instead of appointing politicians to manage clubs? angry angry angry

But Nduka Irabor led board are not politicians na, yet nothing seems to be moving. As for the sponsors some clubs got, the clubs on their own worked on that. The LMB should have at least gotten shortlisted league sponsors since taking charge. Sucks big time.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2013
Shooting Stars play today away to El-Kanemi warriors of Maiduguri. The players arrived safely in Maid and had a training session yesterday. Shooting squad is massively depleted with almost 6 regular starters injured or suspended. In search of an away point, Shooting will do well to go for a 1-1 draw.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2013
El-Kanemi have only won one (against Akwa Utd) of their last three home matches. They drew with wikki and Bayelsa. They're currently 19th on the log, and Shooting do stand a chance even with the depleted squad.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2013
Shooting full squad. Source : oyo state sports news

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
ola_pluto: El-Kanemi have only won one (against Akwa Utd) of their last three home matches. They drew with wikki and Bayelsa. They're currently 19th on the log, and Shooting do stand a chance even with the depleted squad.

i'm rooting for shootings o.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by olapluto(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
Early goal for El-Kanemi. 1-0 after 2 minutes...not sure shooting will get a point from this now
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Roland17(m): 4:20am On Apr 25, 2013
@olapluto and Honeric01

na only baba God go bless una for the job wen una dey do for our league for this forum...

i am so happy with the point we (heartland) got from Kano...
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:26am On Apr 25, 2013
Roland17: @olapluto and Honeric01

na only baba God go bless una for the job wen una dey do for our league for this forum...

i am so happy with the point we (heartland) got from Kano...

Game stopped as cop shoots fan

Nigeria League game stopped as cop shoots fan

Posted: 24 April 2013 Time: 08:25 pm

Print this article
The Week 8 NPFL fixture between Kano Pillars and Heartland was abandoned after 30 minutes following a shooting incident that occurred at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano.

A Kano Pillars fan was shot by the Police following a clash between the home fans and security operatives, prompting the match officials to bring the game to a halt.

The home team returned back to the pitch moments later when the tense atmosphere appeared to have calmed down, but Heartland refused to get back on the pitch citing security reasons.

The game was consequently called off by the match officials. The LMC is expected to make an official statement regarding the ugly incident soon.

The condition of the victim remains uncertain.

Kano Pillars are presently on top of the league table with 16 points.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/34013/nigeria-league-game-stopped-as-cop-shoots-fan
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/04/24/3928962/policeman-shoot-football-fan-during-kano-pillars-tie-against
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:30am On Apr 25, 2013
FULL TIME

Wikki Tourist FC 1 - 1 Sharks FC

Kwara United FC 2 - 0 Nembe City

El Kanemi Warriors 2 - 0 Shooting Stars
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:35am On Apr 25, 2013
Bayelsa United FC 4:00 PM WAT Sunshine Stars

Thursday, April 25, 2013
Akwa United FC 4:00 PM WAT Abubakar Bukola Saraki

Lobi Stars FC 4:00 PM WAT Enugu Rangers FC

Dolphins FC 4:00 PM WAT Nasarawa United

Gombe United FC 4:00 PM WAT Enyimba FC

Kaduna United FC 4:00 PM WAT Warri Wolves FC
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 8:44am On Apr 25, 2013
The Kano fans are too violent. This is the reason why most teams lose in Kano cos they play with fear of what the fans may do. The NPL should do something about the hostile situation in Kano.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2013
Afam4eva: The Kano fans are too violent. This is the reason why most teams lose in Kano cos they play with fear of what the fans may do. The NPL should do something about the hostile situation in Kano.

Sometimes i don't know if to ignore you or not. Please kindly show us why Kano pillars fans are violent and Rangers/Heartland/Enyimba fans are not.

Enyimba/Heartland fans killed a ref 2 seasons ago, yet it's Pillars that is violent!

Most refs are beaten in the East, yet it's pillars that is violent, this your sentimental approach to things won't get you far in life generally if you don't amend your ways.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 9:03am On Apr 25, 2013
honeric01:

Sometimes i don't know if to ignore you or not. Please kindly show us why Kano pillars fans are violent and Rangers/Heartland/Enyimba fans are not.

Enyimba/Heartland fans killed a ref 2 seasons ago, yet it's Pillars that is violent!

Most refs are beaten in the East, yet it's pillars that is violent, this your sentimental approach to things won't get you far in life generally if you don't amend your ways.
What has my assertion got to do with the east? Why are youo Nigerians s tribalistic?

pls can you provide proof that a referee died in Enyimba/Heartland. Is it the same heartland that Nembe city beat at home or Enyimba that has dropped points at hOme. Rangers were held to a goaless draw in Enugu yet nothing happened...I'm still waiting ffor the proof that a refereee was killed two years ago.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
What has my assertion got to do with the east? Why are youo Nigerians s tribalistic?

pls can you provide proof that a referee died in Enyimba/Heartland. Is it the same heartland that Nembe city beat at home or Enyimba that has dropped points at hOme. Rangers were held to a goaless draw in Enugu yet nothing happened...I'm still waiting ffor the proof that a refereee was killed two years ago.

Look in the mirror

Because you know little about the league, so i wouldn't really go deep with you. you can find out the name of the ref beaten in Aba in a game between Enyimba vs Heartland from google. (Let me help you small)
http://www.naijafootball247.com/2011/05/enyimba-to-protest-attack-of-officials.html
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=13979

You know little so i won't waste time on you.

You do not know what happpened before the fan was shot when the game was 21 mins old, yet you labelled the whole fan as "violent" knowing fully well how trigger happy our men in black are.

Enjoy this last reply to you.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2013
honeric01:

Look in the mirror

Because you know little about the league, so i wouldn't really go deep with you. you can find out the name of the ref beaten in Aba in a game between Enyimba vs Heartland from google.

You know little so i won't waste time on you.

You do not know what happpened before the fan was shot when the game was 21 mins old, yet you labelled the whole fan as "violent" knowing fully well how trigger happy our men in black are.

Enjoy this last reply to you.
Provide proof that a referee was killed or accept that you're a liar. Playing in any stadium in Nigeria is dangerous but playing in the north is much more dangerous. It's left ffor you to either accept it or accept it...btw, if you can't substantiate your lies then don't lie through your teeth next time.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2013
Gombe United beat Enyimba in Nigeria League

Posted: 24 April 2013 Time: 10:34 pm

Gombe United recorded a slim 1-0 win over Enyimba to put a dent to the title aspirations of the two-time African champions.

Cyril Obodo scored to put the hosts ahead in the first half and the Desert Scorpions held unto their slim advantage until the end of the game.

Enyimba have failed to record a win since their Week Three 2-0 win over El Kanemi in Aba. The Abia State-owned club have drawn three and lost two of their last five games.

Gombe United have turned the Pantami Stadium into a fortress with their consistent home form this season, winning their previous three home games against ABS, Sharks and Enugu Rangers.

The Desert Scorpions have however failed to pick a point away from home this season.

Article by: Uche George Egbe

http://www.kickoff.com/news/34015/gombe-united-beat-enyimba-in-nigeria-league
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ZUBY77(m): 10:02am On Apr 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
Provide proof that a referee was killed or accept that you're a liar. Playing in any stadium in Nigeria is dangerous but playing in the north is much more dangerous. It's left ffor you to either accept it or accept it...btw, if you can't substantiate your lies then don't lie through your teeth next time.

Afam, there is no need trying to tell honeric what he already know.
Playiing in some parts of the North is very dangerous. I mentioned maidugri a few days ago and honeric defended them by shouting that Irabor and Kanu Nwankwo knows risk-free places in Nigeria more than i do. I am a Rangers fan and i travel with them sometimes. I know what i am talking about.
But of course the same person pointing sentimental fingers here is the guilty onei understand the need for every team to be playing their home games at home but security must come first.
We are not blood thirsty down here in the south. If left for me,
I will divide Nigerian Premier league into two groups. North and South. At the end of the season, the top two teams will come together to play each other and the winner will emerge.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2013
ZUBY77:

Afam, there is no need trying to tell honeric what he already know.
Playiing in some parts of the North is very dangerous. I mentioned maidugri a few days ago and honeric defended them by shouting that Irabor and Kanu Nwankwo knows risk-free places in Nigeria more than i do. I am a Rangers fan and i travel with them sometimes. I know what i am talking about.
But of course the same person pointing sentimental fingers here is the guilty onei understand the need for every team to be playing their home games at home but security must come first.
We are not blood thirsty down here in the south. If left for me,
I will divide Nigerian Premier league into two groups. North and South. At the end of the season, the top two teams will come together to play each other and the winner will emerge.

Unfortunately for you, most of the recorded violence were perpetuated in the south, what do you have to say about that? before you accuse me of being sentimental, let me remind you that i am from the "south" too.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2013
Derbies take centre stage in Nigeria
by Ojeikere Aikhoje 28 April 2013, 08:44

Four derbies take centrestage as the Nigeria Professional Football League enters match day nine on Sunday.

Table topping Kano Pillars travel to second placed Enugu Rangers in what has become a national derby since the Kano side metamophosed into a power house.

In Lafia, neighbours Nasarawa United and Lobi Stars seek for bragging rights in the River Benue derby.

Another national derby will be decided as Dolphins travel to Enyimba and the Niger Delta or South-South derby will be rekindled when newly promoted Bayelsa United embark on a road trip at the Sharks Stadium.

While the four matches would get the fans' pulses racing in any normal circumstances, the current situation at the top of the log promises an explosive atmosphere at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium.

Rangers v Pillars

Two points separate Rangers and Pillars, so victory will see Rangers climb to the top of the log for the first time this term.

However, Pillars have done well on the road after winning at Wikki as well as ABS and a draw at Sharks.

The first time Pillars won at Rangers since 2005 was during the 2010/2011 season.

Pillars captain, Theophilus Afelokhai, is unavailable for this match.

“I’m confident my colleagues will give Rangers a tough time,” Afelokhai, who won League Bloggers Award in March said to supersport.com.

An outright victory is what Enugu fans expect from Okey Emordi considering the controversial manner Rangers lost the title to Pillars last term.

Enyimba v Dolphins

Both teams earned their place in the National derby based their performance in the league over the years to join 3SC, Pillars and Rangers.

Since winning their sixth Nigerian title to share the record with Rangers, Enyimba remain in search of a seventh title.

Pressure is already on the Aba side since this is their worst start in the last decade.

Club gaffer, Salisu Yusuf must perfect his strategies to win the fans back.

However, Dolphins look confident after their best result this term over Nasarawa United.

Sharks v Bayelsa

It’s the first time both teams will meet since Bayelsa United lost their top flight status in 2010.

Sharks new gaffer, Gbenga Ogunbote, is still trying to organise the team since the exit of Austin Eguavoen.

It’s a massive test for Ogunbote who has captain, Odinga Odinga, as the only first team player from the last season.

And in Bayelsa, Isa Ladan Bosso, has the trio of Gomo Onduku, Fortune Chukwudi and goalkeeper Gideon Gambo for the match.

Terry Envoh and Bernard Okorowanta, who are also from Sharks didn’t make the trip.

Onduku is already fired up for Sunday’s match.

“We are confident of getting a good result,” Onduku told supersport.com

Nasarawa v Lobi Stars

Like the Sharks v Bayelsa United derby, it’s the revival of the River Benue derby following the return of Nasarawa United to the top flight.

Both teams are either side of the River Benue in Lafia and Makurdi, respectively.

Interestingly, Lobi Stars will travel on match day since it’s a short journey from Makurdi.

Former Pillars star, Victor Namo, brings experience to the fore, just as Lobi Captain, Terna Ikpeen, will inspire his side.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130428/Derbies_take_centre_stage_in_Nigeria
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2013
25/04 Bayelsa United 1-0 Sunshine Stars
25/04 Lobi Stars 2-1 Enugu Rangers
25/04 Dolphins FC 3-0 Nasarawa United
25/04 Kaduna United 1-1 Warri Wolves
25/04 Akwa United 2-2 ABS FC
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 10:40am On Apr 28, 2013
[size=14pt]The match between Rangers and Pillars may be a deciding factor.[/size]
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2013
LMC undecided on Pillars, Heartland

The League Management Company (LMC) is yet to decide on the inconclusive Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Matchday 8 game between hosts, Kano Pillars and Heartland at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kofarmata, Kano on Wednesday.

The encounter was goalless as at the 30th minute when supporters of the home side disrupted the game following a misunderstanding between the supporters and security men at the match venue leading to the alleged shooting of some supporters.

Chairman of the LMC, Hon. Nduka Irabor said the league body is still waiting for the match commissioner to turn in the match report on the inconclusive match for them to act upon.

“We’re still waiting for the match commissioner to turn in the match report, it’s on the strength of the report that we can sit down to review what happened and decide on the appropriate punishment for the offenders.

“We can’t take any decision until we receive the match report that’s the way it works.

“We pray such thing don’t happen again,” said the former federal lawmaker to supersport.com.

The Nigerian champions, Kano Pillars are still dictating the pace of the eight-week old NPFL on 16 points from a possible 24.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130426/LMC_undecided_on_Pillars_Heartland

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ZUBY77(m): 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
Well Rangers thrashed Pillars 4:0 today
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
ZUBY77: Well Rangers thrashed Pillars 4:0 today

[size=14pt]Say that again.
[/size]
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
ZUBY77: Well Rangers thrashed Pillars 4:0 today

They're winning now and no one's talking about 'home advantage' o. When pillars win @ home, they say it's because they were hostile to their opponent. Anyways it's the end of the season that's going to determine everything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.