Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (267398 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
honeric01:

Yes wrong statement I bet. well you are not in the shoes of the players, so you can't really say. currently, Kano pillars's first 11 are mostly from outside the north. I believe in Nigeria, players would rather play for clubs that pay well and regularly with other bonuses and good working conditions.

That applies to all or most professional clubs in Nigeria, so it's no big deal
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
honeric01:

Haba, is this surprising? if Kano pillars is just about the north, then 70% of their first 11 wouldn't be from the south including their goal keeper. i am from the south, not a secret on this forum.

A. Haruna
S. Haliru Goalkeeper
J. Afelokhai Goalkeeper
J. Yampe Defender
K. Baleria Defender
M. Chigozie Defender
A. Alhaji Defender
N. Amani Defender
W. Showemimo Defender
M. Ogaga Defender

M. Shagari Midfielder
M. Mustapha Midfielder
R. Aminu Midfielder
K. Umar Midfielder
R. Ali Midfielder
E. Ohunta Midfielder
T. Joseph Midfielder

B. Mohammed Midfielder
M. Ubale Attacker
B. Kofarmata Attacker
M. Gambo Attacker
J. Aundogu Attacker
A. Nasiru Attacker
N. Ibrahim Attacker

Interesting formation: 5-2-2

Anyway, I guess I would be supporter of Pillars if I was residing in Kano. Apart from Enyimba, I also support Warri Wolves because I reside in Warri, although Enyimba remains my first love.

I tend to support clubs that I can physically identify with.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Interesting formation: 5-2-2

Anyway, I guess I would be supporter of Pillars if I was residing in Kano. Apart from Enyimba, I also support Warri Wolves because I reside in Warri, although Enyimba remains my first love.

I tend to support clubs that I can physically identify with.

I support Kano pillars not because i live in Kano or ever been there but since i watched their live matches on tv some seasons back, i fell in love with the game play.. the atmosphere and the way their fans support them. also their organization, Kano pillars is the most organized club right now in Nigeria, they even have Basketball team, volleyball and other sports club too.

They hardly owe their staffs and players. i just like them and also their jerseys.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
ukukaegbu:

That applies to all or most professional clubs in Nigeria, so it's no big deal

If you read the quote i responded to, you would have seen the context in which the statement was made. smiley
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Iceathome(m): 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
Where in my post did you read encouraging corruption and besides no league in the world is corruption free.

Let me put it up to you that pillars won the last two season league thru back door and sentiment from glass house by the help of galadima and co, just because teams from the east have taking over the league.

They even introduce super 4, still Enyimba always clinche it.

Last season was most annoying one to all good fans of Npl to the extent complain came from all angle, they initiate back super 4 which they said will not hold again, still beat all the teams involved without conceding a goal including pillars as league winner, isn't an insult to pillars.

Honeric01, check the table to know the team that have highest goal difference and lowest goals conceded. I tell you that how to know best team.

Kano pillars is not in the same level with Enyimba in everything. Enyimba have dorminated the Npl as if na only them waka come, which made our northern bros in the glass house start dey poke-nose us.

Up Enyimba, Enyimba Enyi. Lest I forget wetin be pillars slogan as their fan you claim to be?

Nzogbu! Nzogbu Enyimba Enyiz!!!!

Thanks ukukuegbu for clarifamento of my meaning by saying we still have FA cup with dolpin

honeric01:

Na una dey encourage corruption for the league.

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceathome:
Where in my post did you read encouraging corruption and besides no league in the world is corruption free.

Let me put it up to you that pillars won the last two season league thru back door and sentiment from glass house by the help of galadima and co, just because teams from the east have taking over the league.

Last season was most annoying one to all good fans of Npl to the extent complain came from all angle, they initiate back super 4 which they said will not hold again, still beat all the teams involved without conceding a goal including pillars as league winner, isn't an insult to pillars.

Honeric01, check the table to know the team that have highest goal difference and lowest goals conceded. I tell you that how to know best team.

Kano pillars is not in the same level with Enyimba in everything. Enyimba have dorminated the Npl as if na only them waka come, which made our northern bros in the glass house start dey poke-nose us.

Up Enyimba, Enyimba Enyi. Lest I forget wetin be pillars slogan as their fan you claim to be?

Thanks ukukuegbu for clarifamento of my meaning by saying we still have FA cup with dolpin

It's not by how many goals you concede, it's by how many games you win.

You lied that Enyimba beat Kano pillars last season, rather they both cancelled eachother out even though pillars played their home game on a neutral ground, they still beat Enyimba (was shown live)

How can you say pillars won via backdoor? yet you want me to take you serious? was it Pillars that told Ocean boys not to pay players or have internal issues that made them lose all their points/got automatic relegation thereby award all the clubs they played 3 goals and 3 points which helped Kano pillars retained the top position which they were occupying in the first place?

Yes it's corruption when you try to rig games by suggesting collaboration between Enyimba and Dolphins.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Iceathome(m): 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ok, what happened at super 4 last season after pillars say to have won the league?

honeric01:

It's not by how many goals you concede, it's by how many games you win.

You lied that Enyimba beat Kano pillars last season, rather they both cancelled eachother out even though pillars played their home game on a neutral ground, they still beat Enyimba (was shown live)

How can you say pillars won via backdoor? yet you want me to take you serious? was it Pillars that told Ocean boys not to pay players or have internal issues that made them lose all their points/got automatic relegation thereby award all the clubs they played 3 goals and 3 points which helped Kano pillars retained the top position which they were occupying in the first place?

Yes it's corruption when you try to rig games by suggesting collaboration between Enyimba and Dolphins.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by robosky02(m): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceathome:

Nwa ABA ok
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceathome:
Ok, what happened at super 4 last season after pillars say to have won the league?

What happens in football happened, so what's new? they played in Kogi, yet Enyimba still lost to them.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Iceathome(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Do they played in kogi when the same people who want pillars to win it are changed or are they still in glass house?

I still asked what happened in super 4 last season.

honeric01:

What happens in football happened, so what's new? they played in Kogi, yet Enyimba still lost to them.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by blank(f): 5:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
honeric01:

I support Kano pillars not because i live in Kano or ever been there but since i watched their live matches on tv some seasons back, i fell in love with the game play.. the atmosphere and the way their fans support them. also their organization, Kano pillars is the most organized club right now in Nigeria, they even have Basketball team, volleyball and other sports club too.

They hardly owe their staffs and players. i just like them and also their jerseys.

I remember when Orji was governor, Enyimba was the best team ever. I sed to travel to Aba to watch their games. It was so exciting. They had the best players and were the best organised. I also supported Rangers as i was in Enugu then. I went to the stadium to watch them and Al alhy of Egypt (champions league).

Those were the fun days but now, not as much fun. Enyimba play well but not as well as what i used to expect. It's sad that they should be struggling to win. I know they will win. I have hope!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
blank:

I remember when Orji was governor, Enyimba was the best team ever. I sed to travel to Aba to watch their games. It was so exciting. They had the best players and were the best organised. I also supported Rangers as i was in Enugu then. I went to the stadium to watch them and Al alhy of Egypt (champions league).

Those were the fun days but now, not as much fun. Enyimba play well but not as well as what i used to expect. It's sad that they should be struggling to win. I know they will win. I have hope!

I use to like Enyimba too, except they are playing Kano pillars or Insurance of Benin, i always support them. I have watched series of Enyimba games (Super 4 and FA cup). Orji Uzor Kalu helped them alot, too bad they went down. this is why i think government should hands off club support, let citizens start funding their clubs.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceathome:
Do they played in kogi when the same people who want pillars to win it are changed or are they still in glass house?

I still asked what happened in super 4 last season.

Enyimba won them, warri wolves and one other club (lobi star i think) to win the super 4 but still lost in Kogi to Kano pillars grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Iceathome(m): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
@blank, Enyimba still parade best players in Npl just the support they enjoyment they got when Uzor Kalu was the governor wasnt anymore because of envy and lack of committment T.A Orji have for Enyimba and Aba instead he established more attention to ochendo babes called Abia Warriors as Umuahia team.

Pls anyone in PH, Kano or warri who will update us with latest results, the heat is up because the match should be almost done now.

Pls someone should update oooo
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Iceathome(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
Good you admit that Enyimba won, that prove that Enyimba is the best and real champion not pillars who was backdoor winner.

Pls update us with the result if you have it.

honeric01:

tongue
Enyimba won them, warri wolves and one other club (lobi star i think) to win the super 4 but still lost in Kogi to Kano pillars grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
honeric01:

same thing with enyimba .during orji uzor kalu reign each player was insured with 50 million each dat aside from salaries and bonuses.and we are they most successfull club in nigeria.their organisation is top notch and a wonderful feeders team too they also hardly owe players.i think kano pillars and and enyimba are they best organised club in d league.dia stadium is always almost filled each match and they also have passionate fans in nigeria.am from imo state and i luv enyimba dou i grew and stay in aba.dia gate fee to most matches is 300 naira.and also we d people's elephant are one of the few teams to have sponsors.DUBIC
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceathome:
Good you admit that Enyimba won, that prove that Enyimba is the best and real champion not pillars who was backdoor winner.

The only game today is Giwa vs Nassarawa which is an outstanding match.

Wk 37 matches will hold this weekend.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
honeric01:

I use to like Enyimba too, except they are playing Kano pillars or Insurance of Benin, i always support them. I have watched series of Enyimba games (Super 4 and FA cup). Orji Uzor Kalu helped them alot, too bad they went down. this is why i think government should hands off club support, let citizens start funding their clubs.

Pls I don't understand what u mean by that. They have always qualified to represent the country on the continental scene even with reduced support from the current governor. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Pls I don't understand what u mean by that. They have always qualified to represent the country on the continental scene even with reduced support from the current governor. I stand to be corrected though.

In the past 10 years, how many times have Enyimba gone continental and what they did they achieve? when you use words, be careful how you pick your words. what is "they have always qualified "?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Razi1:
same thing with enyimba .during orji uzor kalu reign each player was insured with 50 million each dat aside from salaries and bonuses.and we are they most successfull club in nigeria.their organisation is top notch and a wonderful feeders team too they also hardly owe players.i think kano pillars and and enyimba are they best organised club in d league.dia stadium is always almost filled each match and they also have passionate fans in nigeria.am from imo state and i luv enyimba dou i grew and stay in aba.dia gate fee to most matches is 300 naira.and also we d people's elephant are one of the few teams to have sponsors.DUBIC

Enyimba of now can't be compared with that of 2001-2006
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iceathome:

If this makes you happy.. I am sure you know those who make up the 4 teams in super 4? and I am sure you were around when The 3rd team ended up winning super 4 some seasons back..

Anyone can win the super 4 tourney but only one club is seen as the league champion.

Super 4 is like a pre-season tournament, do you know this?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:08am On Oct 30, 2014
honeric01:

Hehehehe, meaning you don't give a damn?

I wish I had the money to start a club side and show them how its done.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by charlexi: 6:06am On Oct 30, 2014
This is been the best season so far. With 2 games left, the 20goal mark held by Aneke has been equaled, we've seen more awaywins and the ending as well promises to be a thriller should Enyimba win at Dolphins, they will play Pillars in the final game of the season.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I wish I had the money to start a club side and show them how its done.

I also wish to, but to do that means you must be a millionaire and also have the ability to convince people into believing and contributing to your ideas.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2014
see table na, up wolves

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by taiocol: 10:45am On Oct 30, 2014
........wish
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
So Kano pillars actually scored more goals than other clubs in the league?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Ajibel(m): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
To order for Enyimba's official jersey (the most beautiful in Nigeria), send an emailto order@enyimbafc.net ...
Meanwhile, Enyimba would face FC Barcelona in Copa Lagos beach soccer competition
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by ukukaegbu(m): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
honeric01:

In the past 10 years, how many times have Enyimba gone continental and what they did they achieve? when you use words, be careful how you pick your words. what is "they have always qualified "?

Well, since 2002 (twelve years now) Enyimba has played on the continent 9 times. To me that's a great achievement. I don't think any other Nigerian club has been on the continent more than five times, including Kano Pillars.

As per being careful how we pick words, you didn't clarify what you mean when you said that Enyimba went down. That's the genesis of the argument.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by honeric01(m): 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Well, since 2002 (twelve years now) Enyimba has played on the continent 9 times. To me that's a great achievement. I don't think any other Nigerian club has been on the continent more than five times, including Kano Pillars.

As per being careful how we pick words, you didn't clarify what you mean when you said that Enyimba went down. That's the genesis of the argument.

Between 2005 and now, how many times have they been on the continent? what did they achieve during these period on the continent?

They have gone down because after winning the champions league twice, they have never gotten to the semi finals.. at least, that's not a progression.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.