Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach (33080 Views)

Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach / Humpback Whale Rescued In Mexico - Will Nigerians Ever Do This? / Spade-toothed Beaked Whale - World's Rarest Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 16, 2013
mukina2: Endangered Whale Butchered In Nigeria

Yesterday, this pygmy sperm whale was washed up on the beach in Lekki in Lagos and sadly, our people did not give one thought to conservation or ask themselves if it was an endangered specie. they took their knives to it and butchered it for a feast.

https://www.facebook.com/adeola.adewumi.9/posts/622622484421338

So I come on Nairaland, on an innocent Friday Night at 11:51 Pm...and this is The Nonsense You Guys are Slapping Across My Screen?

Sick Vile Humanoid Skum
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 16, 2013
This is Digusting..Omg
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 6:36am On Mar 16, 2013
Shakespeare: Nigerians!!! Well ȋ̝̊ can't blame anyone, this just shows our level of exposure and poverty, see how MEN took off their clothes to butcher this poor fish, not even caring about its source...
[size=15pt]Its sooooo bad when Nigerians do it... but Europeans do much worse every year.

Can you guys grow the fuckin hell up? meat is meat... have u ever been to a slaughterhouse?
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANzsB17Wd8
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 6:46am On Mar 16, 2013
Where you niggers protesting this?

oooh right its only bad when black ppl kill things.

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by gabolz(m): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2013
Seun: Source?

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 16, 2013
[size=13pt]Them don find sea pork.

This no fit happen for obodo oyibo. If a whale washes a shore, people either push it back into the ocean or call proper officials. As if these men know anything about whales. They probably can't tell a diseased whale from a healthy one. Naija doctors can hardly treat diabetes, talkless of food poisoning from a washed up whale. Them no dey fear. iWeep.[/size]
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2013
pleep: [size=15pt]Its sooooo bad when Nigerians do it... but Europeans do much worse every year.

Can you guys grow the fuckin hell up? meat is meat... have u ever been to a slaughterhouse? [/size]

[size=13pt]If Nigerians protest slaughterhouses in Europe, then Nairalanders, including you, will come down on them for not facing the issues in their own yard.[/size]
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 7:40am On Mar 16, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]If Nigerians protest slaughterhouses in Europe, then Nairalanders, including you, will come down on them for not facing the issues in their own yard.[/size]
First off, there is nothing wrong with that picture. That is free food for hungry people. Why do internet whiners like you want to demonize everything Nigerians do?

ogugua88: [size=13pt]Them don find sea pork.

This no fit happen for obodo oyibo. If a whale washes a shore, people either push it back into the ocean or call proper officials. As if these men know anything about whales. They probably can't tell a diseased whale from a healthy one. Naija doctors can hardly treat diabetes, talkless of food poisoning from a washed up whale. Them no dey fear. iWeep.[/size]
Oh so the almighty white man would have done things right? give me a break

You guys are fuckin idiots... humans have been eating washed up whales since the begining of time. They are cave paintings of this practice in every continent... Weep for yourself.

Just because you see a little blood it becomes a horrible crime against God. What is happening in that picture is a 100X better than what goes on in the slaughterhouses where you get your meat from. Shameless hypocrites need to grow the hell up..
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 16, 2013
pleep: First off, there is nothing wrong with that picture. That is free food for hungry people. Why do internet whiners like you want to demonize everything Nigerians do?

Oh so the almighty white man would have done things right? give me a break

You guys are idiots... humans have been eating washed up whales since the begining of time. They are cave paintings of this practice in every continent... Weep for yourself.

Just because you see a little blood it becomes a horrible crime against God. What is happening in that picture is a 100X better than what goes on in the slaughterhouses where you get your meat from. Shameless hypocrits

[size=13pt]I'm not whining nor demonizing. Stop hyperbolizing.

Pushing it back is the logical thing to do. I don't know what killed it, so why should I eat it? I may as well carry home those dead deer I pass every so often and make soup with it.

You must have missed this part of the facebook post as well:

The pygmy sperm whale is covered by the Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the Baltic, North East Atlantic, Irish and North Seas and the Agreement on the Conservation of Cetaceans in the Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea and Contiguous Atlantic Area. In addition, the species is further included in the Memorandum of Understanding Concerning the Conservation of the Manatee and Small Cetaceans of Western Africa and Macaronesia and the Memorandum of Understanding for the Conservation of Cetaceans and Their Habitats in the Pacific Islands Region.

It would be nice if some people think beyond themselves and for the greater good of society. The world isn't the way it is in terms of advancement and knowledge because those before us were thoughtless.[/size]
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 7:55am On Mar 16, 2013
Ok first get your story straight..... was this whale alive when it washed up on the beach or was it already dead?

If it was already dead, who the hell cares if it was an endangered species [size=13pt]its dead[/size]
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2013
pleep: Ok first get your story straight..... was this whale alive when it washed up on the beach or was it already dead?

If it was already dead, who the hell cares if it was an endangered species its dead

[size=13pt]If it was already dead, the more reason for it to not be eaten Pleep.

Whales often beach themselves when they're sick or dying from disease or infection. If that's the kind of meat you and those butchers wish to eat, then I pity una.

Capturing such a whale an performing tests and an autopsy could give clues to changes in its marine environment and explain past beachings or forewarn of those in the future. I suppose expecting butchers to reason the same way is beyond wishful thinking.[/size]
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]
Capturing such a whale an performing tests and an autopsy could give clues to changes in its marine environment and explain past beachings or forewarn of those in the future. I suppose expecting butchers to reason the same way is beyond wishful thinking.[/size]
That money would be better spent fixing the roads. If beached whale autopyses are your priorities for Nigeria i pity una

Whales often beach themselves when they're sick or dying from disease or infection. If that's the kind of meat you and those butchers wish to eat, then I pity una.
In the majority of cases they are simply just lost or dead... im going to assume the whale is this photo was already dead.

The biggest thing missing in the whole thread is a respect for the intelligence of those guys in the picture... Why do you people think so lowly of your fellow Nigerians? I'm sure these guys are pefectly capable of determining whether or not the meat they are eating is safe for them.

What is unsafe to eat for you is probably safe for them... people like this build a tolerance and strong immune systems
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by OCcool: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2013
But hw does dis dead whale affects the price of GARRI my 'oga at the top' sells huh?
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by ouagadougou(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Starving people care less of what the poor whale died of.
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by deloon(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2013
y2kaustin: Why has these people tarnish our image abroad?when you travel abroad,and other Nationals.ones they know you are a Nigerian,they start avoiding you.why why why,or igbo brothers you see what you have done to us ehhn.i swear i will kill any of you i see here...
STFU!
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by robay(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2013
Some of our people are not serious intead of taking d fish 2 zoo 4 people 2 see 4rm there they can make money. Some of our people are not serious intead of taking d fish 2 zoo 4 people 2 see 4rm there they can make money. Some of our people are not serious intead of taking d fish 2 zoo 4 people 2 see 4rm there they can make money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by JEMMYP(f): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2013
What are u people whinning about conservation for? when i was small in my small village as kids we used to eat dead chicken from my daddy's farm. we are still strong and healthy . though i cannt do that again because i have grown. so forget this, meat is meat once it is not rotten before consuming it. Naija na blessed country. I bet in some villages in Naija still eat dead meat and they are still healthy. they dont eat it because of poverty but because it is meat. Have u seen or heard that bird flu kill in Naija? If u attach too much attention in what the so called overknow people say about these things u end up killing urself instead

1 Like

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2013
^^^Like I said, the only thing endangered is our mentality!
Imagine an adult African saying "poor fish"!
How did we even get here?
Apologetics saying if the fish was dead, then no problem... Bvllshyte!
The fish was alive and justice was meted out on it's tasty flesh.
Things have gotten so bad that we are on the internet mourning a goddamned fish! WTF!
Endangered specie?
All the fishes and animal wey una dey chop, una no know say una dey endanger them?
Just because some 'pale chicken skin' mofos from the west are tryna make some doe off whales make I no chop fish again.
"Endangerment" is a process. So to all those endangering chickens, goats, cows, sardines, etc, please stop eating them.
We also endanger plants.
Anyone ever heard of survival of the fittest?
If the whales can't take the heat they should get the fvck outta the kitchen! Simple!

1 Like

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2013
^ Amen finally ppl with brains are posting!
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 16, 2013
Hehe... I've posted already on this thread before 'this'^^ one... This thing going on in this thread is annoying. Really.
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Ezegozie(m): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
y2kaustin: Why has these people tarnish our image abroad?when you travel abroad,and other Nationals.ones they know you are a Nigerian,they start avoiding you.why why why,or igbo brothers you see what you have done to us ehhn.i swear i will kill any of you i see here...

whose sheep is these? Please give IT some grasses

1 Like

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
What a Disgusting Thread, Yuck

Humanoids are Sick

Reminds me of those Barbaric "People" Who Eat Red Meat, Only a Savage can eat 4 legged animals, red meat...or a Whale FFS....

You couldn't pay me to eat half the slime you Humanoids Eat.

The Insanity&Inhumane Behavior Is Saturated in your Psyches as a Youth
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Cut wot? U kian go without Jerk chicken inna week.

hush my girl.
afta mi no eat whale meat. tongue
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by grandstar(m): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
wetin concern agbero with overload
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Litmus: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
It is surprising that people haven't realized that that face-book logo on the T-shirt was Photoshopped
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by johndahray(m): 8:38am On Mar 17, 2013
This is referred to as Gastronomical indiscipline i.e eating anything that Comes one's way without Considering the health implication. It can never be justified by poverty or hunger rather total indisCipline of the throat

1 Like

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by pleep(m): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2013
Judging by the color and quantity of the blood in the picture that dead whale is fresh and those guys will not suffer any health problems from the meat.

.......By the way, was it Nigerians who caused this whale to be endangered? let these guys live, its not their problem
Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nobody is talking about the millions of endangered human lives in Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the world.
Like Damian Marley said in "patience".
"...some of the smartest dummies can't read the language of the Egyptian mummies. And they a'fly go a'moon but can't find food for the starving tummies,pay no mind to the youths, cos it's not like the future depends on it, BUT SAVE THE ANIMALS IN THE ZOO, COS THE CHIMPANZEE, DEM A MAKE BIG MONEY..."!!!
I think the whales and chimpanzees have something in common!

1 Like

Re: Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach by Tinyemeka(m): 5:46am On May 01, 2013
Loveangel: Eyaa pushing the whale back to the ocean was so touching.that's what you see&get in advance developed society with humane&sane people in it.unlike the under developed evil,barbaric and cursed continent called Africa with overtly mad people in it.Africa is a continent in a rat race,what a shame to Nigeria.
For your mind you be civilized. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two African Civets Killed Near Ibori Golf Club In Asaba, Delta. Photos / Www.yahoomail.com | Yahoo-mail Sign Up Sign In Page / Girl Who Spent Her First Years In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.