Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me (20970 Views)

See What An Apc Lawyer Has To Say About Buhari. / Aks Tribunal Update: How Etido Inyang Demystified Apc's Lawyer / Apc’s Lawyer Beaten, Arrested And Car Impounded At Enugu Governorship Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by peckhamboi: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
Lawyer Behind Proxy APC’s Letter Regrets Action, Says PDP Youth Activist Put Him Up To It-The NATION Newspaper

With a tinge of regret in his voice, Mr. Nwokorie Samuel Chinedu, the lawyer who filed the application with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the registration of the controversial African Peoples Congress (APC), has spoken of his role in the row.

Nwokorie, who spoke with our correspondent from his hideout in Abuja Wednesday night, said he was hired by Ugochinyere Ikenga sometime in February to file the application – an action which has kept leaders of merging parties battling to defend their emerging party’s identity.

Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and Congres for Progressive Change (CPC) have merged to form the All Progressives Party (APC). The proxy “APC” is believed to be an attempt to throw a spanner in the works for the real APC.

According to the lawyer, Ikenga paid him N30, 000 before he filed the papers. The “client” paid him N50, 000 later and gave him a Samsung Galaxy phone after the job had been done.

Nwokorie said he took the brief as a young lawyer eager to earn a living without any inkling of what Ikenga had in mind. He added that Ikenga told him that he was acting on behalf of the promoters of the party.

His words: “Ugochinyere Ikenga approached me sometime in February 2013 to put in an application for the registration of a political party by name African Peoples Congress.

“He paid me an initial sum of N30,000 and later added another N50,000 and a Samsung Galaxy phone after I had filed the papers, with a promise that he was going to settle me after the party must have been registered.

“I filed the application in the honest belief that it was just another political party because even the application I entered at INEC only bears the name African Peoples Congress. The acronym APC was not included in the application.

“So there was no way I could have visualize, whether or not there was an ulterior motive in the registration of that political party. I was, however, surprised to see my name all over the newspapers, including the a sample of the application letter I wrote to INEC.

“I wish to let Nigerians know that I am not a politician in anyway whatsoever. I regret the issues at hand and the dimension the entire thing is taking.”

Asked to explain the discrepancy in the office address in the application and his real address, Nwokorie said the address was correct.

According to him, a friend of his works in one of the two law chambers in the address.

“I used the address because a friend of mine (a lawyer) works in one of the two chambers. But that friend does not wish to be dragged into this matter because of the uproar.

“Legal World Chambers with which I filed the application is duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). I personally registered the firm. But if anyone has any doubts, let them check it out with the CAC.

“Some people are even doubting whether I am a lawyer or not. I challenge them to go to the Supreme Court and check the roll to see whether or not my name is there.”

Nwokorie said he did his first degree programme at Buea University in Cameroun. He did NYSC in Abuja in 2005/2006 after which he proceeded to the University of Lagos (UNILAG) where he got a Master’s degree in International Law and Diplomacy.

According to him, he attended the Law School, Bwari, Abuja and was called to the Bar on February 14, 2011.

The obviously-frightened Nwokorie said he was forced to switch off his phones because he was bombarded with calls.

“I am not happy about the unfolding event because I did not bargain for it, especially as I have been receiving calls from unknown persons and my present boss, whose identity I would not want to reveal for now, is not happy with me. My family is also worried and apprehensive about the entire thing,” Nwokorie said.

Meanwhile, Ikenga has kept telling Nwokorie that he should not bother himself about the heat generated by the action, assuring him that the sponsors of the application would handle the matter.

Said the lawyer: “He keeps telling me not to worry, that I should be a man and that he would handle the matter. He also said that the real owners of the party would soon be revealed to Nigerians.

“Once again, I want to tell Nigerians that I just took a brief as a young lawyer and it ended there. I don’t know the sponsors of the party. The only person I know is Ugochinyere Ikenga, who gave me the brief.

“I got to know Ikenga through a friend. I thought it wise to come out and tell Nigerians the entire story because I keep receiving calls all-day through. My major concern now is my letter head, which is in the custody of INEC.

“My family has asked me to hands off the matter, which is the reason I have come out in the open,” Nwokorie stated.
When our correspondent called Ikenga on his telephone number provided by Nwokorie, he promised to call our correspondent back and cut the line off. He never did.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/lawyer-behind-proxy-apc%E2%80%99s-letter-regrets-action-says-pdp-youth-activist-put-him-it-nation-
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by FiftyFifty(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
Mods: FRONT PAGE PLEASE!

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by OkparaIgbo: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
What kind of misleading caption is this.. Have Nigerian journalists lost everysense of professionalism?. Where in the damn article was the man said to be a PDP activist..what is all this craze to involve PDP in this mess which no one else but the merger party brought upon themselves. Where has the rule of law and due process gone to in the mind of these bunch of jokers that want to lead us. You say you are a merger and you adopt a name and don't register it but rather involve in propaganda until someone smarter does and now you are crying to high heavens and dragging everyone in with conspiracies. This is the reason the merger is a failure in 2013 and not 2015 yet.. angry Abeg PDP keep rejoicing because for now you are the only true Nigerian party, ignore all these regional noisemaker parties

18 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by takedat(m): 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ugochinyere Ikenga is a PDP card carrying member. He heads the PDP Stakeholders' Forum
!

www.bentelevision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1191:lawyer-asks-court-to-stop-bamanga-tukur&catid=72:breaking-news

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-congratulate-tukur-harp-on-unity-discipline-in-pdp/112304/

Its now glaring that PDP is scared of the merger and is hell bent on frustrating it in order to consolidate on her democracy of spreading poverty. The coalition party should abandon the name and register a new one! PDP, the masters of do or die politics, no wonder Ahmadu Alli once boasted that PDP wll rule Nigeria for 60years! God will deliver Nigeria from PDP some day!

36 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by gregg2: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2013
Misleading title. Keep lying more and more and keep blaming the PDP.
Where in the entire article did the lawyer
confess that PDP sent him?

Besides, what is the big deal even if PDP sent him?
Wouldn't the merger parties do worse if presented with the same
opportunity as the PDP? Bunch of confussed and rejected fellows.

3 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nwokorie, who spoke with our correspondent from his hideout in Abuja Wednesday night, said he was hired by Ugochinyere Ikenga sometime in February to file the application – an action which has kept leaders of merging parties battling to defend their emerging party’s identity.

Addressing a news conference in abuja, the convener for the forum, ikenga ugochinyere said the forum is seeking disqualification of bamanga tukur because of his alleged pending expulsion from pdp nec on march 31st 2011 for alleged anti party activities.

3 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by ugoezeb(m): 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dis is interesting.
Does it mean that d application filed by the young lawyer to INEC is in order, since, according to him, his Legal World Chambers is registered with the CAC.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by morgist(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
This is pathetic. PDP What will you achieve by doing this?

Smh for the oga at the top!

8 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
Though the whole truth is yet to surface, but at least the scam is getting exposed all over the place.

I just don't know why nigerians are si dubious and criminally minded and even why they can not do things the right way.

Must any serious, honest and credible political party steal another party's name when their are billions of other names to chose from?

3 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Demdem(m): 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
This lawyer is too dull for my liking. See how one political tout just useless ur name for u. Na so hunger dey worry u? . This is a lesson for all.

4 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by iykak47: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Let the fake ACP continue chasing shadows instead of puting their house in order. They want to dislodge PDP unchallenged.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by SlyIg(f): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
I knew it...
I said it ...
I knew it must be all these oga at the top that caused this whole mess.
They've merged with INEC, upon that fact, they ain't still satisfied.
Poor young little innocent ignorant Oga lawyer at the 'BELOW'!

4 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by grafikii: 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
Every one knows this is a pdp job even the oga at the top of knows

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by slimghost(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
where did he mention PDP? In case yall dont know,his application is in order. APC has been taken, it doesn't matter who took it or not. THERE IS NO ILLEGALITY IN WHAT HE DID!

9 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by idupaul: 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nothing Samsung Galaxy can't do... Help U check email , snap foto , make calls , browse nairaland and badoo , help u get laid easily by strange babe @ the bar and now tarnishing the name of a young lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by morgist(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
slimghost: where did he mention PDP? In case yall dont know,his application is in order. APC has been taken, it doesn't matter who took it or not. THERE IS NO ILLEGALITY IN WHAT HE DID!

Google Ugochinyere Ikenga

Id**t

15 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2013

PDP: Ikenga sues Nwodo’s chairmanship endorsement

A member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr. Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere
, has taken the Party to court over the possibility of the endorsement of Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo as the Party’s National Chairman.

In a suit filed at the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, Mr. Ugochinyere, is asking for an order of interlocutory injunction restraining the PDP or its agents from appointing Dr. Nwodo as the Party’s National Chairman, pending the determination of the substantive suit filed in respect of the matter.

Ikenga Ugochinyere said he was challenging Dr. Nwodo’s candidacy in court because he had not spent a minimum of eighteen months in the Party as stipulated by the Party’s Constitution.

The National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Professor Rufai Ahmed Alkali, denied knowledge of the suit.

http://ww2.radionigeria.gov.ng/frnews-detail.php?ID=1365

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by jmaine: 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Weak attempt by the OP to stir unnecessary emotions . .The thread further validates the proof that the so called Controversial but Real "APC" party has a face afterall

The merging parties need to up the ante and show they can sail above this lil challenge

3 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
peckhamboi: “I am not happy about the unfolding event because I did not bargain for it, especially as I have been receiving calls from unknown persons and my present boss, whose identity I would not want to reveal for now, is not happy with me. My family is also worried and apprehensive about the entire thing,” Nwokorie said.

Even his Oga-at-the-top is not happy with him too grin. That's all.

6 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Built2last: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
These people are just giving NollyWOOD another script for 2013 blockburster> watch out for the movie.
if you doubt me..ask my oga at the top...dats all

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by baby124: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hahahaha! Afefe ti fe, ati ri furo adie! Furo adie is stamped with PDP. Why is Ugochinyere running? You can engage a stupid young lawyer to commit fraud in his own name, while you keep a clean name. Everyday for the thief. PDP desperadoes your days are numbered! PDP is dead, accept it. They look so foolish and juvenile now. While APC looks serious. Young man, you better go and withdraw the application. You misrepresented facts registering the party. The party didn't exist, you knew this. The party didn't have an address, and neither did you as a lawyer. Using your friend's address as yours doesn't make it yours. He did not ask you to do that.

9 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by ojesymsym: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
This is getting interesting
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by alkadriyar(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
OkparaIgbo: What kind of misleading caption is this.. Have Nigerian journalists lost everysense of professionalism?. Where in the damn article was the man said to be a PDP activist..what is all this craze to involve PDP in this mess which no one else but the merger party brought upon themselves. Where has the rule of law and due process gone to in the mind of these bunch of jokers that want to lead us. You say you are a merger and you adopt a name and don't register it but rather involve in propaganda until someone smarter does and now you are crying to high heavens and dragging everyone in with conspiracies. This is the reason the merger is a failure in 2013 and not 2015 yet.. angry Abeg PDP keep rejoicing because for now you are the only true Nigerian party, ignore all these regional noisemaker parties
boot licker. Ur oga @ d top don pay u.

12 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
take dat: Ugochinyere Ikenga is a PDP card carrying member. He heads the PDP Stakeholders' Forum
!

www.bentelevision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1191:lawyer-asks-court-to-stop-bamanga-tukur&catid=72:breaking-news

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-congratulate-tukur-harp-on-unity-discipline-in-pdp/112304/

Its now glaring that PDP is scared of the merger and are hell bent on frustrating it in order to consolidate on their democracy of spreading poverty. The coalition party should abandon the name and register a new one! PDP, the masters of do or die politics
, no wonder Ahmadu Alli boasted that PDP wll rule Nigeria for 60years!

But the "progressives" are leaving the PDP to form new parties or join old ones!
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by nduchucks: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nna, this Onye Ikpe, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, would be welcomed to join my Chambers and head the Ihogbu itunye akwukwo (vote rigging) division, i.e. if I had Chambers. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by takedat(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
noblezone:

But the "progressives" are leaving the PDP to form new parties or join old ones!
Ok! They've gone to start-up another PDP subsidiary!
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by gramci: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ikenga should get another lawyer.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

THUNDER!
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by honeric01(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
LOL, double front page. hilarious. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by gulfer: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ironically, judas sold Jesus for 30pieces of silver and this wanabe lawyer collected 30(thousand naira) sic; initial payment to cause this whole wahala. What is it with 30 anyway shocked

3 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by mmmustapha(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
grin grin grin PDP @ work

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT / PDP And APC Thugs Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / 2019 Elections: CAN Is Mobilizing Christians To Vote Against Muslims - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.