Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Osu Caste System Had Been Banned In Igboland-influencial Traditional Ruler - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Osu Caste System Had Been Banned In Igboland-influencial Traditional Ruler (2332 Views)

Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Osu Caste System! Such A Terrible Practice!! / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osu Caste System Had Been Banned In Igboland-influencial Traditional Ruler by Germannig: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2008
Osu cast system
''Let me tell you frankly, you know there is a law banning the Osu caste system and all that, but luckily for us in Ebonyi State, we don’t have Osu in the entire state. You can’t see anybody who is Osu or Ohu, but I know it exists in some parts of Imo and other Igbo states in a subtle way. But I can tell you it does not exist here.
My advice to those in the areas where Osu system exists, they should condemn it. It should not be allowed to continue in modern day Nigeria, there is a law in the former Eastern Nigeria that abolished it''.

The Chairman, Ebonyi State Traditional Rulers Council, His Royal Highness, Eze Agom Eze

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/mar/26/national-26-03-2008-005.htm
Re: Osu Caste System Had Been Banned In Igboland-influencial Traditional Ruler by alonih: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
Thank you so much his royal highness .i love u so much, especially what you said . I want ask this question. If any one in igbo land who claims to be the owners of the land. If you can be able to mention just the name of your 4th generation grandfather u know that u are not a visitor . You are the owners of the land, this thing will tell you that all of us are visitors on this earthly home.

Secondly , A bastard and osu who is better ?Osu knows where he came fom. Oh what of a bastard. when u dont know the name or the origin of your fourth generation is likely u are an osu also .And the people called osu in many villages , The owners of the land depends on them to move forward why . The are more pretty, beautiful why. So , so far as in igbo land this osu exist , we can not move ahead in igbo land.
What happened in one village in igbo land . The entire family are know to be osu, but the are the real people of the land why others that call them osu are vagabond from different village that resided there during the war. so if i may ask. Who is the osu among the two people .

(1) (Reply)

Is The Omu Anioma The Only Female Throne In Igbo Land? / Incense Sticks, Dhoop & Agarbattis An Introduction / The Most Spoken Language In Nigeria Asides English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.