Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,781 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum (12989 Views)

Producer Of The Popular Nigerian Sitcom, "Clinic Matters" Honoured In Paris / The Last Ten Candidates For The Best Player Of The Year Award Given Out By World / Kanu Nwankwo, Walter Wagbatsoma & Sade Okoya To Be Honoured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:44am On Mar 17, 2013
great people from a great nation.
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by MacLovington(m): 3:39am On Mar 17, 2013
Good stuff
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by aieromon(m): 4:08am On Mar 17, 2013
Great minds.

Congrats.
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by countryfirst: 4:46am On Mar 17, 2013
I predicted.... to bring a bit of credibility to our national honor they will be nominated along side those crooks (politicians[b][/b]) in the next national honor award ceremony.....this are truly Nigerians unlike our political leaders
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Nobody: 5:07am On Mar 17, 2013
Now these are the kind of people that deserve the name "celebrities", not those that walk around half-nude and have nothing upstairs.

Congratulations. I will join you one day.

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 17, 2013
alaoeri: Nobody from the North o ma a se o.
All their youths don blow! lipsrsealed
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 17, 2013
talk2s: 42% are women.
That is more than 35%!
I'v always said that women are administratively more cohorent.
I prefer in administration to men, because of thier innate nature of being humane.
By 2023, i pray it then be 57% for women, 43% for men. Our society will be better for it.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the awardees from Naija
Dame pat#####.. undecided
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by qwest(m): 7:03am On Mar 17, 2013
These are the sort of persons that should win national merit awards and get national acclaim; which should inspire other young Nigerians. Instead a crop of morally obscure politicians get to award themselves with something that should be meant for recognising excellence and brilliance.

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by abdulkayus(m): 7:11am On Mar 17, 2013
No any of my northerners bro and sisters. I only knw of one, Jelani Aliyu dat design cars for General Motors and maybe there are others bt dey are very very few compair to their southern conterparts. And north claim to hav d highest population, if dey hav been able to make use of dis their population in d right way, only God knws hw peaceful and progressive Nigeria would hav been nw.

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by stankezzy: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2013
there is one guy from the north i believe his ingenuity beats that of all above mentioned.he studied applied chemistry in iran,and got 1st class.since then he has worked in four countrys afganistan,iran,somalia,nd most recently n.....
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Chidi4u(m): 9:21am On Mar 17, 2013
This list does not reflect federal character at all.It is loop sided.
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Chinom(m): 10:36am On Mar 17, 2013
Amy Jadesimi, Managing director LADOL (Nigeria)

Dr. Jadesimi received her first degree from Oxford University, where she earned a BA in Physiological Sciences. She then attended Oxford University Medical School, from which she graduated as a medical doctor (MD).

After Oxford, Dr. Jadesimi joined Goldman Sachs International in London as part of the Investment Banking Division, specializing in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. She then attended Stanford Business School, from which she earned her MBA in Business Administration. While at Stanford, Amy completed an internship with Brait Private Equity in Johannesburg, South Africa, where she worked as a transaction executive in Private Equity. 

After graduating from business school Amy moved to Nigeria where she set up a financial consultancy firm before joining the Management Team of LiLe as Managing Director.

That's what i'm talking about. After attending all those impressive schools and obtaining all those impressive degrees, she moved back to Nigeria.Kudos to her.
I still maintain that only jellybellied losers remain in the west after schooling.(I exempt those born and bred there. but still...) Naija is the future.
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Lamasta(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Success has many friends but failures has none

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Idowuogbo(f): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
All their youths don blow! lipsrsealed
Haba! angry
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by IGBOSON1: 11:58am On Mar 17, 2013
abdulkayus: No any of my northerners bro and sisters. I only know of one, Jelani Aliyu dat design cars for General Motors and maybe there are others but they are very very few compared to their southern counterparts. And north claim to have d highest population, if they have been able to make use of dis their population in d right way, only God knows how peaceful and progressive Nigeria would have been now.

^^^This post of yours has got me thinking.....and worried as well sad. Could it really be true that the 'north' is holding the 'south' back from reaching its true and highest potential?

How can we be among the 5 greatest nations on earth (let no one say we are not capable of this as a people) when we have a region that is more of a liability than an asset to the rest of the country?

You think of most of the positives for which Nigeria is known for abroad; you think of the group/set of people that are driving entertainment, sports and academics, and you find they are at least 70% found in the south; yet the north says they're more in population?

The other day we read of over $20 billion in remittances (the one we know of, as the real figure could be twice that) being sent to Nigeria by our diasporans last year. Over 80% of this was sent from USA and the UK; and these countries have a higher % of southern Nigerians.

I believe we're all created with equal abilities as Nigerians and a people; so how come northerners are selling themselves short by accepting policies like 'educationally disadvantaged states' that mark them out as being less capable than their southern counterparts, and encourages a lack of academic drive and excellence? This policy is still in place since the early 70's and you would have thought that by now they would accept a 'level playing field' to encourage everyone to compete and put in their best.

The north could have been contributing to at least 50% of our annual revenue if they focused on just agriculture and tourism; they have massive tracts of under-utilized land for agric business, and there are some beautiful places in the north that can compare with anywhere in the world, but foreigners are afraid to visit Nigeria b'cos of boko haram.

If we're to reach our true potential as a country, we really need to rethink the 'workings' of this union, and encourage hardwork, merit and enterprise instead of a culture of handouts and a sense of entitlement.

4 Likes

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by obowunmi(m): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
who are these people?
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by deepwaters(f): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
I feel so impressed and challenged reading this. As far as I'm concerned, these are my own celebrities, role models and worthy candidates for national awards.
As for the person saying the list lacks federal character, do you think the international organisation is interested in sacrificing merit on the alter of FC?? They're only concerned with those who qualify for their awards.
By the way, I keep wondering why all these big coys don't organise contests/fairs for technology/manufacturing/agric/business and other tangible innovations. Its always music/beauty/movies. We should encourage all round innovation, so we can more of such testimonies

1 Like

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by obowunmi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
deepwaters :
I feel so impressed and challenged reading this. As far as I'm concerned, these are my own celebrities, role models and worthy candidates for national awards.
As for the person saying the list lacks federal character, do you think the international organisation is interested in sacrificing merit on the alter of FC?? They're only concerned with those who qualify for their awards.
By the way, I keep wondering why all these big coys don't organise contests/fairs for technology/manufacturing/agric/business and other tangible innovations. Its always music/beauty/movies. We should encourage all round innovation, so we can more of such testimonies

They do. Music/beauty/movies just get more popularity.
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by mu2sa2: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
ezedolar: That is kind of news we want to hear not when JTF kill only 20 Boko boys instead of killing all of them and that thing they believe in
This is the kind of comment that comes from a brainless subhuman. You want to hear JTF kill, kill,and kill. Countless innocent people hav been massacred by ogogoro + weed intoxicated JTF men and you are jubilating. Today you preach terror, 2moro you too may be victim of state terrorism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by webizone(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
deepwaters :

Hmmm. He was just joking when he said 'Federal Character'. It was his chance to laugh for the shunning of a nonsense concept (to him).
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by blackbeau1(f): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
Congrats
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by Emmandus(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
Kudos! I am inspired! Nigerians have always had a great ability to break barriers and set high standards in any field of endeavor..
We all owe God and our nation to reach out and maximise our gifts!
We will succeed!
A se se O!
Re: Six Nigerians Honoured By World Economic Forum by jpphilips(m): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Tolexander: Wao!
Very nice seeing nigerians representing and flying the flag of the nation.

Yet we have crack heads piloting the affairs of this nation. which position is the bow tie wearing, vodoo economic mickey mouse at the cbn??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet 100cm Girl Who Is Looking For Love And Wanna Start A Family / Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ / A Childhood Photo Of May D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.