Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (17063 Views)

FUNAAB Students Write Final Year Exams In Their Secondary School Uniforms / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(funaab) Students Lets Meet Here / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by sobastical: 1:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
Yeah, thanks OP. And those two guys were just of ages 18 and 16. Last night was rough as mobile police were everywhere and an amok tank was deployed here too. And a little riot came up last night resulting to the police shooting tear gas in the air. I heard some guys murmuring about starting an aluta soon and having this feeling this might just be an avenue for the bad eggs to execute their plans. Lord have mercy.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by rezzy: 1:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
Both Female or male?
Ooohhhh hush, our future president. Wat a great loss, RIP dear.
May Almighty God grant your families the heart to bear this. Amen
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Tczar(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Tragic!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
Phrankin: Who is this trying to sound intelligent and deep? so if it was your brother, you'd come running to nairaland to comment huh?
Now u hav it, it's on frontpage....so what else? undecided
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Akkord(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ace.:
RIP to the guys.
But why did the students burn the car, was it not an accident?
I tink u dey craze,dem suppose kill d man sef,What a heartless world
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by johncasey1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:
What the hell kind of name is 'funaab'? Sounds like a university where they have a lot of fun.
two 17yr old boys crushed to death n ur spewing dis rubbish...think b4 u post

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Appleipad: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
What a painful loss, may their soul rest In perfect peace. A similar incident happened sometime ago in my children's school where a woman in her jeep ran over two students on visiting day. One died while the other survived you can imagine that in the presence of their mothers because we all came to pay visit that day it was a big trauma for all mothers and students that day.
Mothers please pray without ceasing for your children.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by jaybiz007(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
what a big loss.. cry
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by platinum131(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
RIP to those young boys.

I realy have to stop visiting nairaland,too much heartbreaking bad news
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Ace3: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
Akkord: I tink u dey craze,dem suppose kill d man sef,What a heartless world
You are not better than the Aluu people we all condemned.
pseudonomer: A reckless driver, a drunk killed two 100L Students by the road side and you're still asking why the car was burnt. Smh, I wonder if you some of you here gat a heart.
An eyewitness who pleaded
anonymity said the driver of the jeep
lost control of the vehicle before it
rammed into the students,...

Where does it say he was drunk?
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by dukesmith(m): 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:
What the hell kind of name is 'funaab'? Sounds like where they have a lot of fun.
grin grin grin grin so funny...
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by okechukwu2013: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]OP I hope you got your facts right when I heared this news there was no mention their lecturer being responsible ABEG OH

All the same this very sad may the Almighty grant their souls eternal rest.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by sobastical: 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
rezzy: Both Female or male?
Ooohhhh hush, our future president. Wat a great loss, RIP dear.
May Almighty God grant your families the heart to bear this. Amen

Yeah, both male sad
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Dee60: 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
The students need not to go violent over what is said to be an accident, particularly as it seems (until proven otherwise) that the lecturer never intended to kill. My guess is - The Nissan Pathfinder could be one of those accidented cars from the US, which has gone through panel beating to make it look new. I wonder why Nigeria should be dumping ground for badly accidented cars some of them with 'frame damage'. The lecturer may not have known that he bought an 'accident waiting to happen'. Be careful when you buy those cars. Check the history well.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Dee60: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]For starters... RIP to those students...

Secondly, MOB action again!? For an accident!? Na wah o! Even when the police was deployed to the place, they kept on vandalising things. This is very heart breaking. It's obvious from the reporting that it was an accident. How do you riot over an accident!? This country matter tire me. And it's not unique to these students. My friend just gave a similar account of an accident in Benin where a pregnant woman was killed and said the mob were about to set his car ablaze and they would have if some securi men in the area who saw and recognised him hadnt come out guns blazing to disperse the mob. This attitude has got to stop. This is the result of a failed judiciary system. It is almost as if people no longer believe in the law hence they are now the law unto themselves. That is why hit and runs prevail in Nigeria.

In the early 2000s, my friend was involved in a hit & run case when he killed a man by 5:45am in the morning on his way back from work. Immediately the accident occurred, he stopped and came down to check on the man, only to see a couple of guys with machetes running towards him. He quickly jumped back into his car and raced off with stones flying behind him. Immediately he went to the police station and reported the matter. The Nigerian Police handcuffed him and charged him with murder and hit-and-run despite informing them of his reason for running and coming straight to them. In the end, the Nigerian police connieved with the family to extort money from him. P.S: The man who died was a drunkard that the autopsy report revealed that he was soaked with alcohol as at the time of death.

My take is for this mob action for accident cases to stop. That was one of the reason for which motorists were overjoyed in Rivers State when Okadas were banned, because they had the habit of mobbing and burning the cars of whoever was involved in a road accident with one of them.[/b]

You make sense. It is a sad thing that happened but why would the students go violent over an accident? The lecturer himself might need treatment/counselling and not punishment, unless he is proven to be negligent. I have seen an incident on the express one day when one of those US import jeeps lost control. Thank God it was on the express and the driver tried so hard to enter the ditch and managed not to hit anyone. Be careful when buying 'accidented cars'. They may look 'neat' but may be carrying serious internal damage.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by shadrach77: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
I thought the name of the university was UNAAB. Where did the extra "F" come from ? : shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by luxury01(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dat dumbass LOCO guy shud av told d vc we need 1week not a day...R.I.P to dis dudes...now I know Funaab's gerrin hot, ALUTA MUST CONT on monday o.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Johnklein: 2 Funaab Students Knocked To Death By Jeep
...http://www.punchng.com/news/funaab-lecturer-crushes-two-students-to-death/
To face the real fact, the driver is not confirmed as a lecturer of the University....pple are just sayin whatever they hear. None of dem was there when d incident occured and none was there to see who d driver or d victims were.

Punch just hav to rely on hearsay cos they got no eyewitness or reporter on ground.

Note: I'm not makin dis post so u can throw tantrums
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
luxury01: Dat dumbass LOCO guy shud av told d vc we need 1week not a day...R.I.P to dis dudes...now I know Funaab's gerrin hot, ALUTA MUST CONT on monday o.
And what solution will one-week-break produce So u can hav tym to cause more troubles Enemies of progress

Funaab is a peaceful sch and will remain a peaceful sch...there's nothing u can do abt dat. If u try to cause violence, na jail u dey go
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Pacesetter2: 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
Akkord: I tink u dey craze,dem suppose kill d man sef,What a heartless world

You must really be the one to be killed....it was an accident...i guess you should be among those people who lighted the fire on the 4 uniport students...if they killed him...what becomes the fate of the dead children or will it bring them back to life...he may be feeling guilt in his heart & waiting for everyth ing to die down before making move to compensate the parents
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Policewoman(f): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
shadrach77: I thought the name of the university was UNAAB. Where did the extra "F" come from ? : shocked shocked shocked
It's Federal, dude. Mwhile, RIP to the deceased.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by metti(m): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
undecided undecided
Osumare2013: So, all ur do is to spread bad news abi I'm sure if it was ur brother dat was d victim, u wouldn't happily post it on nairalnad and still solicit for it to be on frontpage.
Go get a life brethren and stop celebrating mediocrity!

What bad news has the guy spread? Don't you almost on daily basis reports of accidents on our roads from different tabloid? Why are you attacking the guy
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
metti: undecided undecided

What bad news has the guy spread? Don't you almost on daily basis reports of accidents on our roads from different tabloid? Why are you attacking the guy
I'm not attackin him. My point is dat such news is not somethng u shd be proud to broadcast on d net and still be begging for it to be moved to d frontpage. So inhuman. They were my brothers!
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by groovie(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dee60: The students need not to go violent over what is said to be an accident, particularly as it seems (until proven otherwise) that the lecturer never intended to kill. My guess is - The Nissan Pathfinder could be one of those accidented cars from the US, which has gone through panel beating to make it look new. I wonder why Nigeria should be dumping ground for badly accidented cars some of them with 'frame damage'. The lecturer may not have known that he bought an 'accident waiting to happen'. Be careful when you buy those cars. Check the history well.

Hey! i know that man and that ride was bought brand new, and that was his driver in the car at the time i think, not him.

those guys reacted in a way most young people will react in such situations and some engineers need to take a look at the road cos the road has too many acute turns and curves. maybe put up some signs or something.

this is so painful. RIP to those boys.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Mintayo(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Osumare2013:
And what solution will one-week-break produce So u can hav tym to cause more troubles Enemies of progress

Funaab is a peaceful sch and will remain a peaceful sch...there's nothing u can do abt dat. If u try to cause violence, na jail u dey go

funaab was a peaceful until when these commercial students were admitted,during my time(Balogun,God bless you),nothing like riot or fighting...i am proud to be a grad of funaab!
Fabulous funaabite!
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by johnstar(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
segs_xpendable: mod, front page plzzz...
ok, e don entr front page, dm mod don pay una abi
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by bidexolumanish(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:
What the hell kind of name is 'funaab'? Sounds like a university where they have a lot of fun.
sule,no go sell ur market,who call u to dis
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by oskaroni(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
wow! wot a coincidence;one of d victims was a student of w.m.a,nd killed by a lecturer of w.m.a.unbelievable
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by LasBonBoi: 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
He is a lecturer at FUNAAB
He is in the department of water resources management
He drives a pathfinder
He is unidentified

SMH for 6 hours!
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Oballer: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
just confirmed form a reliable source that the Offender in question is not a lecturer but an external consultant working for the school. this is so sad. i feel for the family. one of them i hear is from Ibadan and the other from sagamu. the family of the one in ibadan already are saying they shouldn't bring his dead body home....may thier souls rest in eternal peace...
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by johncasey1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
An accident my foot!!..my dept mate who was in d skul shuttle @dat moment told me d pathfinder was being driven @top speed..lets stop equating accidents with reckless driving....the driver of d jeep was actually taken away by our skul's Chief Security Officer...and d protests were not violent...RIP sheriff nd Ridwan
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by pseudonomer: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ace.:

You are not better than the Aluu people we all condemned.

Where does it say he was drunk?

I school in unaab, so I know what I'm saying. ALUU Burnt people, we burnt car that claimed the life of two youngsters, we didn't kill the driver. What's a car to two human souls.

And this useless lecturer will go unpunish, and he'll the same thing over and over again. What a country...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Report A Corrupt JAMB Registration Centre? / Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / List Of Schools Sanwo-olu's Administration Built And Commissioned (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.