Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (17065 Views)

FUNAAB Students Write Final Year Exams In Their Secondary School Uniforms / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(funaab) Students Lets Meet Here / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Emmyk(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
segs_xpendable:
ure a dumb slow poke....aint dis a social site wher recent info re bin brocasted?? U rili nid 2 wake dat dead brain of urz...*feelin sobs*
how many times did you write GST101 exam?
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Okdanny: 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
It is not mandatory you will comment in every post, pls
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by fuckluv(f): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
So pathetic! I also lost a vibrant, industrious and loving 24yrs old guy who is like a brother to me. He had an accident along that God forsaken Akure road on his way from Abuja yesterday afternoon. This is just a week after his birthday. We are still mourning him. March 15th 2013 will forever be a red letter day. I just wish there could be a miracle. God i don't want this again. Never! embarassed
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by subtle009(m): 5:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
May their soul rest in perfect peace. Its very tragic. Boys should take it easy o o o.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Praisegirl(f): 5:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
enemies at work
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mintayo:

funaab was a peaceful until when these commercial students were admitted,during my time(Balogun,God bless you),nothing like riot or fighting...i am proud to be a grad of funaab!
Fabulous funaabite!
How is dis situation d fault of commercial students? And how is it d VC's fault? Moreover, if d incident had happened in durin d reign of Balogun, students will still protest....it's a normal reaction.

I just want every bonafide funaabite to discourage any set of pple tryin to start ALUTA, it's not gonna help issues.

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Costa2000(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
R.I.P
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
groovie:

Hey! i know that man and that ride was bought brand new, and that was his driver in the car at the time i think, not him..
Best comment ever.
So, was d real owner in d Jeep too?
Moreover, is d man associated with any dept in d sch?
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by wwwdotnscdc(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]For starters... RIP to those students...

Secondly, MOB action again!? For an accident!? Na wah o! Even when the police was deployed to the place, they kept on vandalising things. This is very heart breaking. It's obvious from the reporting that it was an accident. How do you riot over an accident!? This country matter tire me. And it's not unique to these students. My friend just gave a similar account of an accident in Benin where a pregnant woman was killed and said the mob were about to set his car ablaze and they would have if some securi men in the area who saw and recognised him hadnt come out guns blazing to disperse the mob. This attitude has got to stop. This is the result of a failed judiciary system. It is almost as if people no longer believe in the law hence they are now the law unto themselves. That is why hit and runs prevail in Nigeria.

In the early 2000s, my friend was involved in a hit & run case when he killed a man by 5:45am in the morning on his way back from work. Immediately the accident occurred, he stopped and came down to check on the man, only to see a couple of guys with machetes running towards him. He quickly jumped back into his car and raced off with stones flying behind him. Immediately he went to the police station and reported the matter. The Nigerian Police handcuffed him and charged him with murder and hit-and-run despite informing them of his reason for running and coming straight to them. In the end, the Nigerian police connieved with the family to extort money from him. P.S: The man who died was a drunkard that the autopsy report revealed that he was soaked with alcohol as at the time of death.

My take is for this mob action for accident cases to stop. That was one of the reason for which motorists were overjoyed in Rivers State when Okadas were banned, because they had the habit of mobbing and burning the cars of whoever was involved in a road accident with one of them.[/b]

You have already shown the solution to curbing the mob justice syndrome. If there would be a perceived pursuance and execution of JUSTICE, the menace would die a natural death.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by dondebx(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
The pix of †ђξ two dude. R..P. Both of them A̶̲̥̅я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ fresher.

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
dondebx: The pix of †ђξ two dude. R..P. Both of them A̶̲̥̅я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ fresher.
Pls remove dis pix na, abeg. embarassed
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Okijajuju1(m): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
pseudonomer:

I school in unaab, so I know what I'm saying. ALUU Burnt people, we burnt car that claimed the life of two youngsters, we didn't kill the driver. What's a car to two human souls.

And this useless lecturer will go unpunish, and he'll the same thing over and over again. What a country...

[b]First of all, no where did it say it was a drunk driver..

Secondly, I have been driving long enough to tell you for free that accidents do happen and they are not all a result of drunk driving.. Just 3 weeks ago, my friend flipped his Toyota Camry simply because he lost control of his vehicle for a split second. The car flipped 4 times before coming to a rest. Whilst still in the car, a trailer that was following him behind hit the car and also lost control, veering off into the bushes and flipping on its side as well. I know this friend and can tell you he is one of the slowest drivers I know. I have personally had an experience with my Honda when my front driver tyre came off of the bearing and this happened in the middle of an overtake where I was doing between 80 and 90, thank heavens that I was able to steer it into the bushes without killing anybody.

What you and your fellow hot headed students need to understand about accidents is that nobody comes out in the morning and says 'hey! I'm gonna kill somebody today'. If that were the case, then it's no longer an accident but rather murder. So you guys have burnt the mans vehicle and what I ask is if the guys have resurrected? You guys are worse than the driver. At least he didn't intend to cause any havoc, but you guys were. The driver had no control of his situation, but you guys did. You guys behaved like animals.

I really pity for your lot. Karma is. Cold hearted biitch that is very unforgiving. Pray she never remembers you, because in your case, it might not be your car but your life.. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by eaglechild: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
This is very sad
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by gbolakpine(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
shadrach77: I thought the name of the university was UNAAB. Where did the extra "F" come from ? : shocked shocked shocked
Guy u and google dey fight? Go ask am nah... For ur info. D. "F" is for federal. Smh
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by eaglechild: 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okija_juju:

Secondly, I have been driving long enough to tell you for free that accidents do happen and they are not all a result of drunk driving.. Just 3 weeks ago, my friend flipped his Toyota Camry simply because he lost control of his vehicle for a split second. The car flipped 4 times before coming to a rest. Whilst still in the car, a trailer that was following him behind hit the car and also lost control, veering off into the bushes and flipping on its side as well. I know this friend and can tell you he is one of the slowest drivers I know. I have personally had an experience with my Honda when my front driver tyre came off of the bearing and this happened in the middle of an overtake where I was doing between 80 and 90, thank heavens that I was able to steer it into the bushes without killing anybody.

What you and your fellow hot headed students need to understand about accidents is that nobody comes out in the morning and says 'hey! I'm gonna kill somebody today'. If that were the case, then it's no longer an accident but rather murder. So you guys have burnt the mans vehicle and what I ask is if the guys have resurrected? You guys are worse than the driver. At least he didn't intend to cause any havoc, but you guys were. The driver had no control of his situation, but you guys did. You guys behaved like animals.

I really pity for your lot. Karma is. Cold hearted biitch that is very unforgiving. Pray she never remembers you, because in your case, it might not be your car but your life.. [/b]
You are on point.
However many accidents are preventable.
Now the car has been burnt one may never really know the actual cause of the event.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Tolanyb(f): 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
Inalilahi wai inalehin rojihuna... May Almighty Allah grant den jannah fridaous... Pls n pls, remove d guys picture Dondebx
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Tolanyb(f): 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Inalilahi wai inalehin rojihuna... May Almighty Allah grant dem jannah fridaous... Pls n pls, remove d guys picture cos see'ing their pix bring out tearz Dondebx
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by pseudonomer: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okija_juju:

I also hope that what comes around goes around hit you sometime soon. You'll also justify the reckless driving killing.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by EiE1(f): 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
As in ehnn... Hiaan!!!
Sisi_Kill: Looks like a case of drunk driving.

Will never understand people who think it's okay to drive when they barely walk to the car without stumbling. undecided
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Okijajuju1(m): 2:09am On Mar 17, 2013
pseudonomer:

I also hope that what comes around goes around hit you sometime soon. You'll also justify the reckless driving killing.

Please shut the fuc.k up..

If you attended secondary school, you will know that mechanical efficiency is never 100%. Causes of accidents vary from human error to mechanical failure, to weather, e.t.c...

So if you and your fellow students had killed the driver, you will all go to bed and sleep peacefully abi!? You will all languish in jail. The drivers case would be involuntary manslaughter, your would be premeditated murder.

And to think you are a university student. Your behaviour is one expected from touts.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

If you attended secondary school, you will know that mechanical efficiency is never 100%. Causes of accidents vary from human error to mechanical failure, to weather, e.t.c...

So if you and your fellow students had killed the driver, you will all go to bed and sleep peacefully abi!? You will all languish in jail. The drivers case would be involuntary manslaughter, your would be premeditated murder.

And to think you are a university student. Your behaviour is one expected from touts.

hehe, Okija Vex for Midnight... grin grin grin. r
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

If you attended secondary school, you will know that [b]mechanical efficiency is never 100%
. Causes of accidents vary from human error to mechanical failure, to weather, e.t.c...

And to think you are a university student. Your behaviour is one expected from touts. [/b]

it may still come back to the driver

we attended a lasg drivers reorientation training. most mechanical failure comes down to poor maintenance if your car is in bad condition, then it still comes back to you. you have a car with faulty brakes, bald tires etal, and you still insist on driving it , then it you may as well be a murderer.

its the same story with our trailers. you see a trailer, container is not bolted down, tires are not complete , brakes are bad - that is just a death waiting to happen
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Smhart1(f): 9:17am On Mar 17, 2013
Dis is so serious, had 2 treak from sch back home on that fateful day. The two students are those i know very well perhaps they are also in my college, the two of them are friend which one of them is the present H.O.C of the water resources management...may their gentle soul rest in peace
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Genycharl(f): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
hydiciousb: this is really sad....if we talk now Oga at the top go query me. sad sad sad
Too dry kiss
hydiciousb: this is really sad....if we talk now Oga at the top go query me. sad sad sad
Too dry
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by softangel(m): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
May their soul rest in peace and may God console their families.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Jayfizz(m): 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
OMG dats my alma matter,may d souls of d students R.I.P...
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by profstar(m): 12:23am On Mar 18, 2013
Johnklein:
2 Funaab Students Knocked To Death By Jeep

...An unidentified lecturerof the Federal University of Agriculture
...with his car at Isolu,
...He was said to be driving the Pathfinder jeep that crushed the two undergraduates

...The unidentified lecturer said to be attached to the institution’s Department of Water Resources Management
...Other FUNAAB studentsallegedly set the SUV ablaze after the driverhad escape

why will they call him 'unidentified' when he has a jeep, there must be valuable information about him in his car, like his id card, his particulars containing his home addresss and name, even from his plate number he can be traced, more than 1000things to fetch him out with, instead of calling him 'unidentified lecturer' i will prefer 'known but hidded lecturer' no body is a fool here, they shouldn't try to make us one, they better tell us the truth.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by ow11(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
In addition, I wonder why it is okay to build roads without pedestrian walkways? These single carriage ways that dot our landscape usually do not have pedestrain walkways. Why is it okay to drive above 40km/h in a built up area with human traffic? Nigerians are callous and in some twisted way, I support the burning of the car. People that do not appreciate handling a dangerous weapon like a car should not operate them or in this case, own them. We are always in a hurry and God only knows to where.

Everyday, I see m0r0ns bragging about driving at dangerous and illegal speeds on our bad roads and wonder whether they appreciate the dangers they are putting their lives and others on the roads with them. I wonder if they realise that in an eventuality, there are no ambulances or equiped clinics to handle them.

That said, I can also hazard a guess that the dead students were walking with their backs turned to oncoming traffic. This is a dangerous behaviour I see daily on our roads. In Primary school, we were taught to always walk facing the oncoming traffic especially on a single carriage way so you can SEE the car losing control. I wonder when people will include personal safety in their daily habits instead of relying on prayers alone.

People should learn and inculcate safe lifestyles. This and not prayers will prevent crazy accidents like this
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by vizion: 11:26am On Mar 18, 2013
^^^ God Bless you my Brother,

also for people using okada/bike/motorcycle, when you come down, don't be between the bike and and road when looking for your money, let the bike man be between you and the road, you most likely would be concentrating on sorting change wahala and would not be mindful of what is happening on the road.

God has given us brains, let our prayers be to use it properly & not for him to use it for us.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Teek05(f): 11:33am On Mar 18, 2013
sad news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Logos You Never Knew Were Satanic / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria / Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.