Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant (30384 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Abdullahi Gana Appointed As NSCDC Commandant By Buhari / Funny: Channels TV Interviews NSCDC Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by 3kay945(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
ewet: I dont belive this. If someone can get suspended in naija for arse licking then 99% of nigerians will be out of work and even GEJ must be booted out for not knowing that some of those he granted state pardon had alredy being pardoned in 1999 .You are all gulity of this.

They were given clemency not pardon, both aren't the same.. got dat?!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by 3kay945(m): 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Am sure Nairalanders contributed most to this,.. I never use the phrase and I won't be tempted to.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by howfarwhatagwan: 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
I feel so sad when I read Nigerian's comments. Why are we so mean? and why do we always like to be what we are not? Most people know nothing about this guy and everyone is calling him all sorts of names. The Government is granting pardon to corrupt people and we are here crucifying a man who was put on the spot it's very unfair. How many workers be it Government or private can remember everything concerning their company especially when you do not deal with it directly? How many of you in his shoes would have said something different? Please Naija wake up we have more critical issues to deal with.

Channels TV please next time try to respect people It was too glaring I'm sure if it was GEJ or some other ''Oga at the top'' you guys wouldn't have humiliated him like that.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Chekitaut: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
the question he was ask is a question to be put to the office of public relations. suspending him is a step in the wrongest direction. CG Prof Abolurin free him, he is your reliable boy
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by SimplySEA(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
PointB: Moral of the story:
Playing the loyal card do not often pay. Eventually your lies, deceits, and pretense will eventually be exposed by your glaring incompetence.

Agberos and members of their clans should take note!
No! Moral of d story. Careful d kind of interview u grant and persons too. They may not hesitate to drag u down when they have d chance....! Ffuck channels tv!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by pauladonis(m): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
eya!!!, finally my #OgaAtTheTop don finish my guy. so much for acknowledging the #OgaAtTheTop.
well my Oga at the Top don dey call me. SIR!!!! I am coming sir!!!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by jaykai24(m): 12:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Well, his ogas at the top didn't tell him which or what Site they have chosen lol. www.nscdc add whatever u like at the end. gbam!!!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by chastizer: 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote
author=guru01]According to reports we are monitoring, Mr Obafaiye Shem,
the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence
Corps, NSCDC, has been suspended.
His suspension comes on the heels of his now famous ‘oga at the top’
comment which went viral after his embarrassing ordeal at the Channels
Television breakfast programme – Sunrise Daily.

http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/18956-civil-defence-suspends-lagos-state-commandant-%E2%80%9Cmy-oga-at-the-top%E2%80%9D
.[/quote]
As for me, I will not believe this bribe people story until that Oga @ the top himself confirms it on air or other print media. For now, Our Oga @ the top holds the key to the truth.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by 3kay945(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
SimplySEA: No! Moral of d story. Careful d kind of interview u grant and persons too. They may not hesitate to drag u down when they have d chance....! Ffuck channels tv!

channels tv did nothing wrong..
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by rezzy: 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Before i will comment, my oga @ the top must say a silent dot com first. Dats it
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by chastizer: 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote
author=guru01]According to reports we are monitoring, Mr Obafaiye Shem,
the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence
Corps, NSCDC, has been suspended.
His suspension comes on the heels of his now famous ‘oga at the top’
comment which went viral after his embarrassing ordeal at the Channels
Television breakfast programme – Sunrise Daily.[/quote]

My Oga's Madam @ the top will be of great help. she will put dot com nd he won't be suspended.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by kundul: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Can u guys imagine d latest, ppl now address d entire nscdc officers as .my oga @ d top' wt a name d entire organisation ve bought 4 demselves. Uhmmmm na wa ooh
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by ozodimgba(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Subhanallah!
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Udpconcept(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
yoruba and illiteracy u see wat d stupid man has cause 4 d ofe mma nu ppl
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Opoki(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
chai... see wetin nairaland don cus ds man o.
Should we (Nigerians) have requested for Obasanjo's resignation letter when he said election is going to be "do or die affair" in 2006?
The best should have been demotion.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by okemmadu(m): 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
saw this on facebook. a new brand in the market. soon the phone, car etc may be out in the market

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by sarki1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
If its true then he is just a victim of circumstance cos we knw dt pple, esp police refer to their oga at d top in a dif lang eg 'orders frm above'
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by sage2(m): 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Now the man has been suspended. I hope you all feel better now.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Kassidy90(m): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
Though am enjoying the "Oga @ d top" stuff, but if the man can be suspended for that then I think our first lady should av bin in exile.......
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by yomez(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
Why suspending him? when we have a lot of people holding a good post in their organisation that are just like him. For example some of the people at the house of assembly/ representative can not even recite the national item talk less of the pledge. Eh yah the oga at the top suppose to pardon the poor man
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by kaen1317: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
I think this man should be giving am award. My Oga At The Top has now become one famous phrase in 9ja
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
holytribe:
Now mr shem's oga at the top has shown his power... What a shame cry
Now mr shem's oga at the top has shown his power... What a shame
Are u a stammerer?

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by eliscolife: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
My oga at the top" (was a joke) while the "ww.nscdc.that's all" (ICT, Information, Communication and Technology novice). Governments need ICT training even Mr President, so embarrassing when Christiane Amanpour was interviewing him some months back. Government lack ICT knowledge.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by Seehow: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
He made a brand name already,"THE OGA AT THE TOP" he should humbly resign now. And register a company with that brand name. Am sure he will be more successful. Cos he will keep Enjoyng the free publicity. Is painful sha, but this will make him seek improvement in all faucets.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by baby124: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eyah! This is not fair o. How many of the people working at this NSCDC know the website? What hypocrisy angry. I feel bad for the guy. cry
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by zhaineey(f): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
That is an unfair suspension, simply becos of a.phares "my oga at the top" that is unfair even those oga can be worse than he is
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by olajide8(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
naptu2:

The first thing you learn in public relations class is that every officer of the organisation is a public relations officer of the organisation.

The discussion was about citizens being scammed with fake NSCDC websites. This would have been stated in the invitation, why didn't he prepare properly?

I see a lot of people bringing up excuses. That's one of the reasons this country is the way it is. We excuse the incompetent, the corrupt and the liars. That's why we end up being ruled by corrupt and incompetent liars.
The reason is simple unlike other media organisations channels do not give interviewees fore knowledge of the questions they want to ask with possible answers they ask it (your questions) based on the answers to previous questions. Competence is not about how long you graduated its about what u know and how you deliver the goods this is lacking in all spheres in the nigerian civil service - mediocrity
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by naptu2: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
olajide_07:
The reason is simple unlike other media organisations channels do not give interviewees fore knowledge of the questions they want to ask with possible answers they ask it (your questions) based on the answers to previous questions. Competence is not about how long you graduated its about what u know and how you deliver the goods this is lacking in all spheres in the nigerian civil service - mediocrity

You are not given fore-knowledge of the questions that they will ask (that would be unethical), but you are told the topic of the discussion (I.e why they are inviting you). In this case it was about fake NSCDC websites, therefore, in order to clear the air, the commandant should have had the genuine website address.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by 5much(m): 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
I pity d man.
Re: NSCDC Suspends Lagos State Commandant by econity(m): 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
do you expect my flabber to be gasted? He deserve nothing less.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records / Soldiers Raid Mosque In Kano, Arrest 10 Suspected Boko Haram Militants / How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.