Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali (30983 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan, Ahmadu Ali Averted Crisis- Vanguard / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by cheikh: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
Gbawe
Ali would acknowledge this if he is not an example of the malevolent throwback Dinosaurs we need to get rid of. The Yorubas would have to be aberrant to be grateful to a man like OBJ. In fact, if most Nigerians were not supinely docile , apathetic and politically unsophisticated, then the likes of Ali et al would not be able to be uttering this revisionist garbage. But hey, we can only look at the endorsement Ali gets here to know what Nigeria is and why the Alis of the world will continue to insult and patronise us till they are in their grave.

@^^Gbam +1000 wink. Nigerians are probably the only nationals especially the so called youth and perhaps the looters above that love to be Patronised. It is truly disheartening and sad indeed.
As an aside, is there no Law against maligning a people based on Ethnicity/Tribe et al in Nigeria? I thought making inflammatory statements like the old man and so called Leader of PDP has made can be deemed "inciting" a people to cause a public disorder etc? I suppose we deserve the kind of leadership we desire/have- Mediocrity, indolence, wicked/mindlessness, lazy and infinitely corrupt.
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by White007(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Wow!

Nigerians and tribalism. SMDH.
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by fkaz(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by fkaz(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
Alfamann: chai! the cowards are still attacking igbos.

please face north for once.

Did you bother to read the interview?

Ahmudu Ali is only making mockery of thE Ibo people. Why on earth will he single out obasanjo achievement to the yoruba as capturing the biafra soldier to lagos and yoruba are not grateful for that. Is that is only achievement to yoruba people?
Is it only biafra experience he had as obasanjo achievement. This is an insult,did obansanjo really defeat the biafra soldier.

Three times. He did it as a military. He came back twice as civilian. Is that not three times? That is the man who fought the civil war, defeated Biafra, arrested the Biafra Commander of the Armed Forces, General Effiong, brought him to Lagos, presented him to his Commander-in- Chief, General Yakubu Gowon and he signed the article of surrender. What kind of sacrifice do you want somebody to do again?
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by true2god: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ilaje Omuro:
You must be completely deluded or perhaps out of your senses to say Lagos is not South West! Stop deceiving yourself; which part of Nigeria has not provided succour for the Igbo man? Even when the Hausa/Fulani may murder all their children today, you will still find the Igbo man in the remotest of all Hausa villages tomorrow. I don't relay blame them for the survival instinct but the truth is that they should learn to be grateful to people that clothe them and shelter them when their birth places are so inclement.
'Oma yemi' (as ilaje pple call 'my broda'), i believ u understand simple english. Most Igbo pple in the south west live in Lagos. I dnt say Lagos is not south west. I mean 95% of igbos in the south west live in Lagos for business opportunities.

Dnt let ur hatred becloud ur sense of reasoning or ur ability to understand a simple english.

Read, comprehend, then respond.
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by damigreat(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
I'll respond to a rant by an old fool bastard like Ali must go.
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by nitlad: 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
Is it true that President Jonathan and Baba Obasanjo are not on the same wavelength politically?

I am not aware of that. You have to be careful because the perception out there is totally wrong. These people are like a club – I mean all former Heads of State. So, if you sit down as an ordinary man in your tombo bar and you think they are fighting, Ekan ntanra yin je ni (You are only deceiving yourselves). grin grin
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by clint77ng: 10:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
[quote
author=baby_123]OBJ is one of the worst Yoruba's or Nigerians. I mean
he brought Nigeria GEJ. He tried to take fund from the SW to promote
underdevelopment and sabotage the SW in so many ways because they didn't
vote for him. Well the result was him failing for 3rd term and his
daughter not being able to win a senetorial seat. I wonder why after all
this he didn't see it comfortable to retire in other regions in
Nigeria. And stay away from a region he tried to frustrate. I wonder
really why he is free to move around the SW without big insults. I think
sometimes Yoruba's are to lenient. Maybe because he can hide under the
shadow of an elder. But the day a child old enough to be his grandchild
will wash him down and spit on him is coming. Very shameless old man. He
needs to go and retire in ABJ. He has even lost respect with his party
and cronies at the end of the day. Abuku upon ebu lo ku. Shior[/quote] The same thing Dr. Ali just said
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by Ogaatthetop3: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
c.fours:

ROTFL did you win the war?
I've never seen a people be more proud to lose millions of people unnecessarily in a barbaric war than igbos are. I bet its one of the igbo govt population reduction schemes where they can later come and blame it on a war grin

Or maybe its just because of their primitive nature since they never had a civilization like the yorubas did.
we as yorubas are more comfortable with diplomatic solutions like the rest of the developed people in the world.
Civilization u say? Hahahaha!! If the idea of some jobless miscreants called omoile forcefully collecting money from land owners and agberos crowding motorparks as touts is called cicilization, i better go back to the stone age! Do you swines even have a history? Thank God i'm not from a tribe that says their father fell from the sky. We didnt win the war but we finished your soldiers with countless buckets of ogbunigwes.
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by emmatok(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Oga-at-the-top:
At least, we Ibos fought a war...which one did your tribesmen fight?

And Yorubas like OBJ defeated the Ibos according to that useless ALI.
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by gbengaoa(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
[b][/b][i][/i][size=8pt][/size][color=#006600][/color]mr Ali, I am so suprised that this kind of words will be coming out of your cerebrum and your bucal cavity can also open carelessly to say such baseless words towards the most advanced set of people in this country. First and foremost, we Yorubas are not zombies, we do not believe in useless followership like you do. We criticise our leaders constructively and we know when to say no to any form of oppression. We are a people with our own identity, who knows what we want, how we want it and when we want it and if we are not contended we send you packing. We decide for ourselves no one does that for us and that is what has made us the leading and the most peaceful region in this country. So mr ali, you need to go back and have a rethink and let your head control your mouth and always know those you can talk to carelessly. We are omo oodua, so be guided.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by Eziachi: 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ilaje Omuro:
6. In 1993, when there was agitation for return of power to the South, unofficial result of the 1993 presidential election showed that Bashir Tofa, the NRC candidate won in Abia (58.9%) and Imo states (55.1%). Abiola won in Enugu and Anambra states with slim 50.8% and 57.6% respectively.
back.
When you sat down by your computer to write the above, what is exactly is your point of achievement?
In 1979 election despite having Olu Akinfosile as his deputy, Zik got less than 0.5 percent of the vote across Yorubaland and you're having a fit that Abiola actually won some states in Igboland and a sized in the states he came second despite NRC having one of the greatest Igbo son and former governor of Biafra central bank (Ozo Igbo-Ndu Colins obi) as their vice presidencial candidate?

In 1979/83 a Yoruba dominated UPN party has members in both Imo and Anambra houses of Assembly while the 5 Yoruba states had 100% UPN members except those NPN rigged themselves to victory. Please tell me any election ever in Nigeria, where Yoruba has ever supported a non Yoruba candidate?

You are quick to mention the role of Arthur Nzeribe on Abiola's foiled presidency but you conveniently forgot that the Chairman of that ABN is one Abimbola Davis, you forgot the role played by OBJ (Abiola is not the Messiah speech), Sijuade-Oni of Ife (Annulment is an act of God speech) Adedibu and Arisokola Alao (Abacha grassroot organisers) Shonekan, Diya, Abdulkareem Adisa, Tunji Olorin and many others. Olu Onagoruwa was Abacha's chief law officer that wrote all the decrees, take a good look at your house first before blabbing about another man's house. There is no forest without a green snake, only that some of you makes us to believe otherwise.

I never try to get involve into this ethnic fight but never you think that we all have short memories, because we don't.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by ayodot(m): 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
bamu_hanya: This is purely about over azz licking by Ali of his oga from above.Its about PDP also. The Yorubas have every right to choose wisely about there leaders. Obj is not a good leader as far as I know. The Yorubas have stood up even when he is there own to say Obj is bad contrary to the likes of ethnocentric tribes like Igbo n Ijaws.
The Yorubas are a respected people with great sense of understanding and fair judgement.The Igbos are the worst bigots and tribalistic people you can imagine.For all I care Ali spoke like Abati and he is also a nobodyM He doesn't speak for the north or any well meaning party.
Lastly why are the Igbos always hell bent on causing conflicts between people in this nation.why does the relations between other tribes worry you so much?why do you so hate people like this?
The Yorubas are not cowards the whoop the Igbo butts several times and the score card says so clearly.Not any significant rating is found under the belt of the Igbos!Not before or during colonization and not during the civil war.The Yorubas have delievered several victories and how many ahave the Igbo made in history.Beyond the things fall apart tales by moonlight shit.
I have great respect for the Yorubas and the leaders of thought they have.Its beyond match in this nation.
So any Nyamiri or Igbo that can't keep his hating down may kiss a transformer now.Cos we aint gona fight.The fool Ali who said that crap is on his own.He may as well go give Obj a Pdp BJ!!!
u have said it all. Ibo and bigotry is synonymous. Generally, Yoruba's are never bias in the judgment, unlike the Ibo folk(hypocrites) flooding nairaland this days
Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Duru1:

You must be having bad nightmares to inject Igbo and Yoruba in scenario of war. Yoruba can not dream of engaging Ndigbo in any form of combat, even hand-to-hand.

Lol u are dreaming bro and u really need to wake up to reality. Do u mean the Ndigbos that lost Biafra war. U might be strong but u are clueless.... Yorubas don't wage war but they win wars ..FACT

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ungrateful To Obasanjo - Ahmadu Ali by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche:

If the Igbo controlled the military like the Hausa, your lot would be kissing our arsee.

You Yoruba be doing dobale to anyone who has the power. First it was for the Bini and then it was the Hausa-Fulani. It is ingrained in your culture.

Hopeless talk from another deluded Igbo man.... are u not part of Nigeria why can't u guys just dominate the military like hausa and Yoruba did .... Shame on you no one from your tribe have the spine to rule Nigeria. U guys are only wishing without action

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

How Alamieyeseigha And Silva Looted Bayelsa Treasury? / Photo Of Princess Diana With Maryam Babangida In The 80s / Lanre Adeyemi Of TVC Takes Cover When He Heard Gunshots In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.