Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. (5489 Views)

Some Of Ezu River Bodies Were Shot – Senate / Kidnappers Executed And Dumped In Ezu River / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2013
EDIT
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Antivirus92(m): 12:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, you said YOURSELF - action speaks louder than voice. One million and one reasons to show you that we're not like you, we can write all we want and still follow up with actions as we do, unlike some of you (eg one person his name starts with GB) who writes long epistles and can't even make a difference in the real world. Look, WE ARE DIFFERENT. It will serve you well to flee with your tail in between your leg
you don't even know me. I am an igbo and a strong fighter of igbo success and freedom. But this particular thread.... Mba!
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by manny4life(m): 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

SMH

Weird bit is, you are actually one of the few Ibos I respect on here....So I wont diss you.

You guys should just stop whining and just get on with life! end off. cool

Diss me? Brother, respect is highly reciprocal. Your actions (though uninvited) are uncalled for. You call it whining? You're very ridiculous. We should STOP whining when unjust murder is committed at your doorstep? You need help. If it happened elsewhere, other parts of the country, you'll support the whining, smh. Don't worry, I've bookmarked you and your comment, you better keep your stand like you're doing now.

Antivirus92: you don't even know me. I am an igbo and a strong fighter of igbo success and freedom. But this particular thread.... Mba!

Nwoke'm, i si na i bu onye Igbo? Ifele o na emekwa gi? Chai, tufia...Onye melu ife a, oga dili ya mma. Obulu na i gulu ife nine anyi deputalu, and you call it ranting, of all other words, the most subtle you could use was ranting, then I really pity you. Chinike bi n'igwe melu ebele, maka nwanne'm, i fuola uzo, YOU'RE LOST.

ALL THESE RANTING WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!

You call yourself a strong fighter of success and freedom, nwanne, what exactly have you done? Kowalu anyi, ka anyi ghota kwanu ife imegolu? I bu freedom fighter na onu, ka obu freedom fighter n'obi.. Which one na?

The reason why I pity you is because you're on a road and have no clue where you are heading, the thought of you saying you're Igbo and you call it all ranting is very shameful. I'm a believer in justice regardless of my belief in whatever entity, when Igbos are killed far and wide, even people in general, it's highly uncalled for.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Antivirus92(m): 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Believe me,enyem ohere ime ihe dim n'obi na naijiria a nagoru n'iyi. M ga-eme ndi arakuba ajo ihe. Ona ewutem karia onye obuna ihe na-eme okasi n'ebe anyi bu ndi east no. Mana ibe akwa na-agaghari ebe nine etua unu si eme kam agara eme.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by kettykin: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
One cannot help but notice how the Nigerian Police force charged with maintaining law and order abandoned the ongoing Civil war between the Fulani and the Tivs in Nassarawa and Benue states and are busy wasting the lives of unarmed and innocent young men in the South East , sometimes i actually wonder if Nigeria needs a police force and if they need one what role should they play in the Society .No reasonable society will fold their hands and watch unarmed innocent tax payers being wasted by a corrupt and incompetent police force whose only goal is to extort money from motorist and commercial sex workers ecking out their living
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by kettykin: 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
I am very much benumbed by the inaction of the human rights activist and other NGOs collecting huge pay checks from foreign donors yet do not live up to their billing.
What role does the human rights watch and National Human Rights Commission apart do apart from collecting pay checks at the end of the month joining NLC and co to fight over subsidy removals.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by OneNaira6: 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs:

None of my family members is agitating to split up the country.

If they do, then away with them. cool

In the mean time, stop whining and get with the programme... cool

SMH I feel sorry for you. I hope you receive everything you wish on this thread brought onto you.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by OneNaira6: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
manny4life:

Though I wouldn't call his family, his family are innocent to his ignorant behavior, but for him SUPPORTED

Whoever LIVES by the SWORD, surely will DIE by same SWORD. If he thinks such murders are appropriate, same measure will be visited upon him.

You're right. His family shouldn't have been brought up.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by OsunOriginal: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
If those Apo guys are and Ezu Rivers are Igbos, the issues should left to Igbos to resolve. They should stop ranting and disturbing the rest of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by kettykin: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
OsunOriginal: If those Apo guys are and Ezu Rivers are Igbos, the issues should left to Igbos to resolve. They should stop ranting and disturbing the rest of Nigerians.

If igbos are left to resolve it it would lead to another Bloody cconfrontation with the police with dire consequences , the last time they were left to handle the killing of their kinsmen in the north during Obasanjo's tenure we all know how it ended with Obasanjo blowing hot and cold and Northerners scampering back to their homes a revolt against the police in the east would be far more brutal than the childs play called Boko Haram
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by noiseless: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
Well i made comment on the larry koldsweat thread and reminded people that KKF once said for Odumegwu Emeka Ojukwu, he wish he was Igbo and I got banned for saying that, maybe the Yoruba mods would be happy if had hurled insults on the man.

@Topic, the anambra state police commisioner a HAUSA/FULANI/BOKO-HARAMER who goes by the name Malam Bala Nasarawa and those he is carrying out their agenda against Igbos in nigeria must know that they can run but they can never hide,whether or not they get the usual and shameful protection by their nigerian system that always encourages and shields them after every atrosity against ndigbo, one thing is certain we will never forgive them, and one way or the other they must pay for all for all their crimes when they least expected,including those few sell out Igbos working with or for them.

WE ARE TAKING AND KEEPING RECORD.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by NegroNtns(m): 4:53am On Mar 18, 2013
bandb:

@Oga AlexO we can not advocate the disbandment of MASSOB at this time. Their modus operandi has to change. As per relevance,MASSOB and bakasi boys are more relevant now than ever before. You See, Up north they are using BH as a violent tool for power . In the SW , the OPC is transmutting into a political party via UPN.

We are going into a make or mar political transition which requires that we have our own form of stare/scare personality.

is it possible you can stop banding OPC in the same category as you did here when you listed regional terrorists? angry
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Metalgoong(m): 5:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Thanks to Ezeigbo Nairaland and the council members for condemning the extrajudicial killing of Igbo youths in Nigeria. The situation has even gotten to the extent that the killings are now carried out in our own backyard.

My opinion on this particular discussion, especially the case of the Ezu River-50, is that Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State should tell us what happened to those young men. In as much I admire his simplicity and governance style, the SHOOT AT SIGHT order he gave the wicked Nigerian(Hausa) army during his first year as the governor of Anambra state , anchored on the belief that he wants to stop the illegal activities of the NURTW( Motor park touts ), cant easily be over looked. Hundreds of Igbo/Anambra youths were shot and killed like animals by the Nigerian army acting on the orders of the governor elected to protect them. This particular action of Obi shows that he might also know something about the Ezu River-50. He might have given the police (SARS) the go ahead order to kill all suspected kidnappers.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by achi4u(m): 10:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Life is nolonger sacred,"56" able men/women were killed,strangled(one of the "apo 6" a lady were strangled by an officer to hide the truth),shot at a close range and some might even be pushed to a moving vehicle to aviod wasting their limited bullets__(shedd tears),yet,this is happening in our own soil not in the Northern side of the country where it is normal practise to massacer Igbo people without mercy...still we have our own men/women in that security outfit that perpetreated such dastardly acts.
Talk about animals that eat their kind

Now who will bail the cat?,is it our leaders who suppose to be our defenders and our fortress,who we are looking up to for defence are now turning their back and ordering a shot-at-sight for his people...not only Peter Obi that are found wanting but all the five Eastern states govs are not playing their card very well.
I have never heard of such extral judicial killings being carried out to other ethinic groups in nigeria except EASTERNERS.

We need help frm GOD.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by achi4u(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Life is nolonger sacred,"56" able men/women were killed,strangled(one of the "apo 6" a lady were strangled by an officer to hide the truth),shot at a close range and some might even be pushed to a moving vehicle to aviod wasting their limited bullets__(shedd tears),yet,this is happening in our own soil not in the Northern side of the country where it is normal practise to massacer Igbo people without mercy...still we have our own men/women in that security outfit that perpetreated such dastardly acts.
Talk about animals that eat their kind

Now who will bail the cat?,is it our leaders who suppose to be our defenders and our fortress,who we are looking up to for defence are now turning their back and ordering a shot-at-sight for his people...not only Peter Obi that are found wanting but all the five Eastern states govs are not playing their card very well.
I have never heard of such extral judicial killings being carried out to other ethinic groups in nigeria except EASTERNERS.

We need help frm GOD.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by achi4u(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Manny kindly post this thread to other relevant agencies websites to get more reaction,by so doing our voice could be heard and change CAN be effect.

Thanks for your effort.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by PointB: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
One again begin to wonder what was going on in the mind of the Police Officers and men, as they line up these fifty defenseless people before killing them in cold blood.

What other such mass murder can be going on in other police formation as we speak!
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
EDIT
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by PointB: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
APO 6 STORY FROM BBC

[size=18pt]Will Nigeria's 'Apo Six' ever get justice? - BBC 2009[/size]

The Apo Six clockwise from left Augustina Arebu, Anthony Arebu, Ekene Mgbe, Paulinus Ogbonna, Ifeanyin Ozor, Chinedu Meniru

In the fourth of a series of articles looking at policing in Nigeria, the BBC's Andrew Walker asks what happened to the "Apo Six", the most infamous case of extra-judicial killing in Nigeria's history:

The pictures are truly gruesome - we cannot publish them.

Lawyer Amobi Nzelu spreads the glossy prints out on his desk, covering it with horror.

There is nowhere else to look except at the bodies.

There is a close-up of a face, gaping exit-wound at the temple.

Limbs and torsos covered in blood.

Dead eyes stare upward.

"This is a human being," he says.

"Look what they did."

Apology

The bodies belong to six young Nigerians killed by the police.

Ekene Isaac Mgbe, Ifeanyin Ozor, Chinedu Meniru, Paulinus Ogbonna and Anthony and Augustina Arebu were killed on 7 and 8 June, 2005.

Elvis Ozor

My friend was going to the bush, to go to the toilet, when he saw the police digging a hole and preparing to bury some people
Elvis Ozor
Younger brother of Ifeanyin

Nigeria's 'civil lunatics'
Vigilante 'jungle justice'
On patrol with Nigeria's police

The police tried to say they were armed robbers who had opened fire first.

But a judicial panel of inquiry set up by former President Olusegun Obasanjo rejected the police's story and the government apologised on behalf of the police for their killings.

The government paid $20,300 (£13,800) compensation to each of the families.

It recommended the officers be arrested and face a criminal trial.

But nearly four years since the night the Apo Six were killed, the trial has got nowhere.

The public has almost forgotten the case is still going on.

Danjuma Ibrahim, the senior police officer accused of ordering the killings, lives free on medical bail.

And the families of the dead have all but given up on justice.

Tight-knit

Elvis Ozor is the younger brother of Ifeanyin Ozor.

Like his brother, he works as a spare car parts merchant in the Apo mechanics' village, south of the capital, Abuja.

It is a kind of shanty-town of sea crates and workshops where five of the Apo Six worked.

APO SIX TIMELINE
7 June 2005: 2200 Apo Six meet Danjuma Ibrahim at a party
8 June: 0200 Four shot at police roadblock
0400 Ifeanyin and Augustina seen alive at Garki police station
1100 Police try to bury six in a cemetery near Apo
Two days of rioting in Apo and Garki districts
13 June: Police begin internal investigation
24 June: President Obasanjo orders inquiry
5 July: Police witnesses testify the six were slain in cold blood
6 July: Police armourer admits weapons planted on bodies
13 July: Court rules the suspects will face trial
15 December: Bodies buried by families
18 January 2006: Trial of police officers begins
3 August: Danjuma Ibrahim released on "exceptional and special" medical bail

This is a tight-knit community, mostly of ethnic Igbos from Nigeria's south-east.

On 8 June 2005 the Apo mechanics found the police burying their friends in a cemetery that, by chance, was near their workshops.

"My friend was going to the bush, to go to the toilet, when he saw the police digging a hole and preparing to bury some people," Elvis says.

"They recognised my brother. When the police said they were armed robbers, no-one believed them - they knew my brother was not like that."

"When I arrived at work, word had spread, but I didn't know. I arrived and everyone was looking at me," he says.

The story was out, and an angry mob gathered.

There was a riot in Apo and the police shot two more people dead.

Unlike any other case of suspected extra-judicial killing in Nigeria, some of the police broke ranks and turned on the senior officer involved.

The other five officers accused of the murders and eight more police witnesses have testified that Danjuma Ibrahim ordered the killings.

During the judicial panel hearings, some Igbo police officers fed information to Mr Nzelu, who represented the families of the Apo Six.

The panel heard that the six were at a nightclub in Abuja's Area 11 when Mr Ibrahim - then off duty - propositioned Augustina.

She turned him down, according to the testimony of Ifeanyin Ozor's friends.

Ransom demand

Mr Ibrahim went to a police checkpoint at the end of the street and told officers there were a group of armed robbers in the area.

When the six young people came in their car, he drove into them, blocking their way and ordered the police officers to shoot.

Danjuma Ibrahim
Danjuma Ibrahim was a high ranking police officer in the Nigerian Police

Ifeanyin called his friends after he survived the first burst of gunfire, they testified.

Who actually fired the shots is still disputed by Danjuma Ibrahim's lawyers, but four of the six were killed there, the prosecution says.

Ifeanyin and Augustina were taken to a police station.

Officers called Augustina's family to demand a 5,000 naira (then $43, £22) ransom to let her go, according to a report by the UN special rapporteur on extra-judicial execution.

Her family could not raise the money.

They were taken to a piece of rough ground outside town where they were executed, police officers testified at the criminal trial.

Augustina was strangled.

Then the police planted guns on the bodies of all six of the bodies and pictures were taken of them in the grounds of a police station by a police photographer.

Danjuma's defence

At the criminal trial, Mr Ibrahim's lawyers maintained that the Apo Six fired first.

He says all of them were killed in the gun battle, and a "home made" pistol and a shotgun were found in the car.

Extra-judicial killing in the police remains a shockingly common occurrence
Eric Guttschuss
Human Rights Watch

His lawyer Hyeladzira Nganjiwa says the prosecution dropped charges against some police officers in return for them changing their testimony.

Mr Ibrahim is the fall guy in a government plot to sweep the incident under the carpet, he said.

"I could never have done what they are accusing me of," Mr Ibrahim told the BBC outside the Abuja court where he is being tried.

He was released on medical bail in 2006, after his lawyer said he had a heart condition.

The five other accused - one of whom is now dying of Aids, according to his lawyer - remain in police custody.

That trial has been going on for almost three years.

After hearing the testimony of eight prosecution witnesses, the defence is now cross-examining the first.

Lawyers say the case is being stalled so it will eventually be forgotten, and the charges dismissed.

'Stalling'

In this case people accepted the victims were not armed robbers because they came from a close community.

But in other less high-profile cases, the public turns a blind eye to police killing, human rights advocates say.

The reluctance to punish police officers "emboldens" other officers to kill, says Eric Guttschuss of Human Rights Watch.

But the police say a great deal has changed since Apo Six case.

"The police have a higher respect for human rights than before," says spokesman Emmanuel Ojukwu.

"I am not aware of any recent cases of extra-judicial killing."

Divine justice?

Mr Guttschuss of Human Rights Watch, which tracks alleged cases, disagrees.

"Extra-judicial killing in the police remains a shockingly common occurrence."

He says the police lack the capacity to properly investigate crimes, and because of the pressure from society to deal with violent criminals, they simply dispose of suspects without the encumbrance of trials.

"[A] Nigerian's guilt or innocence is immaterial," he says.

Elvis Ozor says he has given up on the judicial system.

"When Danjuma was released, I forgot everything about the case."

"The only way justice will be delivered is from God."
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
PointB: APO 6 STORY FROM BBC

After reading this, I realize how stupid I have been.

I wholeheartedly apologize for a lot of the comments I have made here.

I am truly sorry.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by PointB: 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
jackbauersballs:

After reading this, I realize how stupid I have been.

I wholeheartedly apologize for a lot of the comments I have made here.

I am truly sorry.

Apologies accepted. Sometimes, it always better to get more information especially on sensitive matters.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
[size=16pt]Anambra Killing Fields: How Victims Were Suffocated To Death By Nigeria Police SARS[/size]

03/11/13

*Ezu River Corpses: How Victims Were Suffocated To Death By Nigeria Police SARS

By Intersociety-Nigeria (Society Review Part 3)

(Onitsha-Nigeria, 11th day of March, 2013)-The leadership of International Society for Civil Liberties & the Rule of Law can confirm to the world that most, if not all of those found floating on Ezu River of Death on 19th day of January, 2013, died from suffocation. It is recalled that we had in the part two of our explosive report on Ezu River of Death dated 4th day of Match, 2013, stated clearly that the methods used by Anambra SARS in killing those found in Ezu River were methods not restricted to gun-shots. That is to say that they might have been killed through other means, which include clubbing, lethal strings, strangulation, macheting, poisoning, rubber/tube tying, etc (including suffocation). Our further findings after part one and two of our report clearly indicate that most, if not all of them were killed through manually traceless means-called mass suffocation. This clearly explains why the Anambra State Police Command, having gotten briefing from its SARS leadership on how it killed the victims being referenced, hastily told the world that no gunshot wounds or bullets were found on any of the corpses.

Our Credible Findings:

A member of one of the armed community vigilante groups belonging to one of the communities that share common boundaries with the Awkuzu SARS headquarters in Awkuzu Community, Oyi LGA in Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria, was arrested by the Awkuzu SARS sometime in early January 2013, and detained for two weeks for armed robbery. The freed vigilante operative told an under-cover investigator on condition of anonymity and face to face chat, that he was contracted by a trader to recover some debts owed him by another trader. He led other armed vigilante operatives to the debt recovery operation during which the debtor was beaten up and injured. The injured debtor reported him to Awkuzu SARS through the help of the debtor’s friend who is a SARS operative. The freed vigilante operative told the under-cover investigator that he regained his freedom through the intervention of his community’s chief security officer and the president general. He told the investigator that at Awkuzu SARS, detention cells are serially numbered from 1, 2, 3, and 4 and so on. Those in cell 4 and above are condemned detainees waiting for extra judicial executions and that extra judicial execution of detainees is almost on daily basis. He revealed that there are several torturous ways Awkuzu SARS operatives kill their detainees extra judicially and those who cannot afford huge illegal bail sums ranging from N50, 000 to N200, 000 or more as case may be, are among those being executed extra judicially.

On that fateful day, according to the freed vigilante, detainees from Awkuzu SARS dead or condemned cells, numbering dozens were brought out in a broad daylight, chained and handcuffed; made to lie face down on an open field within the SARS premises and under scotching sun and heat. All the assembled detainees were covered with thick tarpaulin under the watchful eyes of their killers and made to stay under it for hours during which they suffocated and died. Their evacuation and dumping into the Ezu River of Death, according to a prominent resident of Amansea, who monitored the dumping, was done three times within the period-Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That is to say that they were evacuated from SARS killing field and dumped into the Ezu River of Death on 14th, 16th and 18th day of January, 2013. This expressly strengthens the print and electronic media accounts that some of the corpses were in varying state of decomposition when they were discovered. The prominent resident also clarified that the blood stains found on the surface of the Amansea Old Enugu Road Bridge were those of one of the bodies discovered to be alive by Police SARS and possibly detainees who were ordered to evacuate the murdered bodies. To erase any traces, they were shot severally and confirmed dead before they were thrown into the dead river from the top of the Bridge in the late night/early hours of January 18/19, 2013.Some residents of the area confirmed the blood stains on top of the left side of the old bridge during one of our field team’s visits to the area on Sunday, March 10, 2013. Their dumping possibly took place between 12:00am and 3:00am, considered to be the hours of the dead.

Before the shocking discovery of dozens of murdered corpses in Ezu River of Death, some residents of the areas said that dumping of murdered corpses by the Anambra State Command has been a routine. Corpses dumped from the Old Bridge into Ezu River are converged by the River at Onaluokwe circle of the river in Amaowelle Village, Amansea, where they are either eaten by big fishes or decomposed and decayed. Onaluokwe literally means a circle where the River receives objects and accommodates or accepts same. Reasons for dumping the extra judicially murdered corpses into the river in recent times, according to our findings, are due to several alarms raised by host communities on whose lands such murdered bodies were shallowly buried and liquidated with acid substances. Part of the reasons is also because of the procurement of some of such parcels of land by private citizens. For instance, the Onitsha Old Cemetery management has forbidden the Anambra Police SARS from dumping their extra judicially murdered bodies in the cemetery. The Nawfia by Ezugu-Agidi stream has been sealed off by the affected communities owing to the menace of littering the area with police-murdered corpses. Extra judicially murdered corpses are dumped inside the stream’s gully and liquidated with raw acid substances. The Agu-Awka dumping site, located near the Awka MOPOL 29 barracks, controlled by Ntoko Community, near Awka, has also been sealed owing to concerns expressed by the host community over indiscriminate dumping of extra judicially murdered bodies by Anambra Police SARS.

A female student of the Igbariam Campus of the Anambra State University also confirmed that extra judicial killing of detainees by the Awkuzu Police SARS is a routine. She revealed that Otuocha River (Omambala River) is another river where those extra judicially murdered by SARS are routinely dumped. Their dumping hours, according to her, are from 9:00pm and above, and their route is usually the Awkuzu Junction-Otuocha Road. This reinforces the recent discovery of about three or four murdered corpses in the River reportedly by media and the NSCDC. Some residents of Amansea and Awkuzu communities, who spoke to Intersociety, confirmed the atrocious acts under reference. A resident of Amansea community said that the murdered dead bodies are introduced by SARS to officers and men of the Nigeria Police Mobile Force, who mount permanent road block less than 100 meters away from the Old Enugu Road Bridge as wasted products. According to some residents of Akwuzu, spoken to by Intersociety, there are more than seven methods of torture and killing used in killing the SARS detainees extra judicially. Some of them are killing by suffocation through the use of thick tarpaulin and compacted and unventilated cells; killing by gun-shots; killing by machetes; killing by strangulation; killing by clubbing with planks or metal objects; killing by lethal strings; killing by infliction of grievous bodily torture; killing by circle-tying the detainee’s toes to waist and finger to shoulder regions, resulting in instant death; and killing by chaining the detainee’s legs and hands together and hanging him or her upside down on a ceiling hook to die. As a torture strategy, detainees are routinely brought out from cells, shot on their legs and fingers and sent back to their cells without treatments, which lead to their untimely death as a result of decaying wounds. They are killed and disposed off if they become nuisance to SARS detention cells and environment. It is also a routine in Awkuzu SARS to order some detainees to evacuate the extra judicially murdered bodies, after which they are shot and killed to erase traces. Female detainees are treated inhumanly in their cells. A female student told Intersociety that she was detained for two weeks without being allowed to have a shower not even a single day. Awkuzu SARS cells are a clear replica of the German Concentration Camp.

Our Team’s Visit To The Crime Scenes:

Our visits covered the old and new road sides of the Ezu River of Death, the sites of the boreholes of controversy sunk by Governor Peter Obi and Senator Chris Ngige. The Ngige borehole is located after the police road block, while the Obi borehole, which has started running, is located along Nitel Road, all in Amansea. We also visited the River’s dumping points as well as former SARS dumping sites at Onitsha Old Cemetery, Agu-Awka and Nawfia Stream by Enugu-Agidi Junction on Onitsha-Enugu Dual Carriage Way. We spoke to some residents of Amansea and Awkuzu Communities including male and female students of UNIZIK and ANSU. At Amansea, we were told that as the villagers were discovering dozens of murdered corpses at the old and new sides of the two Enugu Roads, there were dozens of more murdered bodies floating on the Onaluokwe circle of the River. Some of the villagers told Intersociety that Onaluokwe circle is where the Ezu River of Death enlarges, which can only be accessed via canoe boats peddled by the Ijaws. They also alleged that some boat peddlers were hired and paid by police during the horrible saga to remove and shallowly bury those corpses floating on the River’s Onaluokwe circle to remove them from outsiders’ viewing.

Also, according to them, dumping extra judicially murdered corpses into the River mostly comes from the Anambra State Police Command and sometimes from Ugwuoba Community in Enugu State. Corpses emanating from Ugwuoba are usually insignificant in number (not more than three) at a time and they are usually alleged thieves caught by its local armed vigilante. To them, number of corpses found on January 19, 2013, was alarmingly higher than what they usually saw and that the reason why those corpses floated and refused to be pushed away by the River was because of drastic reduction in water currents owing to dry season. The number of corpses found on that fateful day, according to them, is 50 and far above when added to those floating on the River’s Onaluokwe circle same day. This confirms a disclosure by another university female student that a top operative of SARS had in December2012 at a liquor joint, complained that their cells as at then, contained over 100 detainees and that before the end of January 2013, half of them will be cleared(killed extra judicially). Dating female students of ANSU is a routine among SARS operatives.

Finally, we wish to state again that the leadership of Nigeria’s Intersociety has no scores to settle with the Nigeria Police Force as a public organization, but we have a series of scores to settle with ethnic cleansers, beasts and cannibals it employs and pays through Nigeria’s collective wealth to murder and torture with reckless abandon Nigeria’s innocent citizens particularly the young Igbo sons who are at their prime age of productivity. We suspect seriously that a policy of ethnic cleansing has perfectly been designed to exterminate the Igbo productive population in Nigeria. The level of hatred and hate policing activities being visited against the Igbo race in Nigeria is taking an alarming dimension day in day out. The race is incontestably an endangered species in Nigeria today. MASSOB organization, for instance, is not different from the O’ Odua People’s Congress in Southwest Nigeria, but while the group enjoys maximum freedoms and police protection, innocent MASSOB members and Igbo law-abiding traders are hunted on daily basis and slaughtered with impunity. It has been factually established that out of every five police officers from the northern Nigeria, four would kill any Igbo man extra judicially if they have an opportunity; out of every five police officers from the Southwest Nigeria, four would do same; whereas out of every five police officers from Southeast Nigeria, one would kill a northerner or a south westerner outside the law, if he or she has an opportunity. The ratio ethnic hatred in Nigeria between Hausa/ Yoruba and Igbo is 90/20. That is to say that 90% of the former hate the Igbos, while only 20% of the latter hate the former.

Signed:

Emeka Umeagbalasi
Chairman, BOT, International Society for Civil Liberties & the Rule of Law
08033601078, 08180103912
umeagbalasi@yahoo.com, info@intersociety-ng.org.

Comrade Justus Ijeoma
Head, Publicity Desk

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
In all honesty, this is the ONLY issue that every Nigerian (Igbo mainly) should have a laser focus on. Not any 2015 elections or daily arguments on Nairaland.
We should start to FOCUS on things that are relevant to us.

I hereby declare all DAILY verbal exchanges between Igbo and Yoruba totally asinine and irrelevant. cool

At a stage, MEN should be able to rise above the prosaic and apply the mind to that which is greater than self.

Anytime a poor man is killed by the police with impunity, EVERY NIGERIAN is in danger. Mark my words.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Ngwakwe: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
The most annoying part of this Police escapade is their boldness in confronting anyone who dares pronounce his/her right.

The Police will boldly say " I will waste you and raise an allegation against you".

There is now a culture of impunity in the Police Force that needs to be checked.

If we bring this discussion as a predominant topic in the public domain, we will be able to force the law makers to act in order to put a check to this animalistic behaviour prevalent with our Law Enforcement Agencies.

4 Likes

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by odogwux(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
The face of a cursed beast. He will receive judgment for his bestiality. God no dey sleep

Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Onlytruth(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: The most annoying part of this Police escapade is their boldness in confronting anyone who dares pronounce his/her right.

The Police will boldly say " I will waste you and raise an allegation against you".

There is now a culture of impunity in the Police Force that needs to be checked.

If we bring this discussion as a predominant topic in the public domain, we will be able to force the law makers to act in to a check to this animalistic behaviour prevalent with our Law Enforcement Agencies.

Great idea, but there is something more we can do.
Since we are in a civilian govt, I think it is time we start to sit at home in elections. Let them make up the numbers as usual, but at least none of them would boldly claim to have our mandate to kill our people with impunity.

I bet you, if we threaten to sit at home for 2015 elections, and mobilize intensively for it, JUST WATCH AND SEE ACTION FROM THE FEDERAL GOVT.
The police is a federal govt agency. In fact they and other federal agencies are the only armed agencies in Nigeria.
The states don't have any armed agency.
So, we have to ask account from relevant places.

WHO KILLED OUR PEOPLE AND DUMPED THEM IN EZU RIVER?

Have they been tried and hanged according to Nigerian law?

These are the two questions we must seek answers for.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Onlytruth: In all honesty, this is the ONLY issue that every Nigerian (Igbo mainly) should have a laser focus on. Not any 2015 elections or daily arguments on Nairaland.
We should start to FOCUS on things that are relevant to us.

I hereby declare all DAILY verbal exchanges between Igbo and Yoruba totally asinine and irrelevant. cool

At a stage, MEN should be able to rise above the prosaic and apply the mind to that which is greater than self.

Anytime a poor man is killed by the police with impunity, EVERY NIGERIAN is in danger. Mark my words.

Was this not the same thing Odumchi was harangued for? His reluctance to join the Ibo vs yoruba fights which you usually revel in

So now you are doing a 360 to follow the Odumchi model

Which responsible Eze would be fighting Yoruba and Oil soup everyday when your people are getting killed daily in real life
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Ngwakwe: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
@Dayo,
Can't you see the harmony in Igbos camp these days, less in-fighting and better focus in discussing and proffering solution to our common destiny.

We are looking forward to contributing to the land of our ancestors in our little capacity.

Let's go back to the topic.

Thank you.
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: @Dayo,
Can't you see the harmony in Igbos camp these days, less in-fighting and better focus in discussing and proffering solution to our common destiny.

We are looking forward to contributing to the land of our ancestors in our little capacity.

Let's go back to the topic.

Thank you.

Thats the way things should be, Thats the way progress would be made not making enemies where there are none and fighting unnecesary e-war

Ngwakwe, Maybe you need to be the next Eze And I would deploy all Adedibus + Chris Ubas rigging machinery to make sure you win

As long as I get 50% of security votes
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Very sad. Watched this story on Ben TV not too long ago of a a guy(Ugo)killed shortly after his wedding by the Police in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlRFoDw6iAM
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
The "Ezu River 50" incident has to be probed by a judicial commission of inquiry!
Re: A Denied And Delayed Justice For Apo-6 And Ezu River-50. by manny4life(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
achi4u: Manny kindly post this thread to other relevant agencies websites to get more reaction,by so doing our voice could be heard and change CAN be effect.

Thanks for your effort.

Thanks for your opinion, we welcome different ideas to bring this light.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Materials Used For Bomb-Making Recovered In Bauchi / Breaking News / Buhari & Tinubu: The Handshake That Got People Talking (photo) «

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.