Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... (32656 Views)

The Romantic Proposal At NYSC Camp By Two Lovely People / Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Which Of These Did You Do At NYSC Orientation Camp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by CrazyMan(m): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
ManTiger:
Can't bite, the snake just fed on a mammal or betterstill amphibian. The snake must have chased its prey to that room or trying to regulate its body temperature with SWR from indoor. Looks like a black cobra though.
You seem to know a lot about snakes...tell me more.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by uracefriend(m): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
free2ryhme: I killd one under my bed in gubio borno state 07/ 08 service year. In one day i killd 2 snakes @ different locations try to hide in the 2 corper lodges in gubio
wow i was at damasak 09...ehya!!!
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by ekuri77: 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
vifald101: I was sleeping on my bed in the male block one when some some other corps members in the main hall were shouting and telling me to jump out of the room.. I thought they weren't serious so I didn't respond instantly, when I saw that the shout was becoming more serious, I quickly wore my cloths and jumped out.. Some of the boiz then went inside the room and brought out the snake dead after some minutes.. I was so scared.. I wonder what our country is turning into.. The safety of corps members aren't even guaranteed.. The toilets are messed up.. We live like prisoners and refugees.. God help us.

I DID MY NYSC IN ONDO STATE YEAR 2000 @ IKARE AKOKO THE PLACE HAS NOT CHANGED PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR SCORPIONS TOO AS IT'S A ROCKY PLACE
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mekky2010:

While you are leaving and thanking God, we are coming down to make sure we do it, reason being that you have no idea when u ll need it in the future, then, even this your statement ll be used against you...I was in that camp last Nov before I redeployed to FCT...that I came out without infectious disease was a miracle on its own, but then, I ve gat ma mind made up to serve and get th damn certificate.
Thanks for helping me out in saying what i wanted to say.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by IGBOSON1: 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
adaobi123: the person even touched it with their fingers ! *spits* tufia !!!

^^^That's a hardcore dude! I'm the kind of person that can empty a whole magazine of bullets on a house, and throw in a few rounds of RPGs for good measure (Rambo style) just to kill one nasty little snake......i can't stand them and can't touch them neither. sad
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by icefish(m): 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Snake is a normal tin ιη ikare-akoko....i also experiencd one during campin...we killed a snake ιη d bathroom we make use of and also @ our parade ground...

Welcome to Ondo state
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by COOLDUN: 11:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
hrhobi1: . I was on the camp You call urself a graduate?

Product of the privatized education, imagine a graduate making such a statement, instead of i was in that camp too. Chei Nigeria education.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 17, 2013
COOLDUN:

Product of the privatized education, imagine a graduate making such a statement, instead of i was in that camp too. Chei Nigeria education.
My broda the dude go don join laugh that Commandant meanwhile himself nor join
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by LushGreenz: 12:13am On Mar 17, 2013
vifald101: I was sleeping on my bed in the male block one when some some other corps members in the main hall were shouting and telling me to jump out of the room.. I thought they weren't serious so I didn't respond instantly, when I saw that the shout was becoming more serious, I quickly wore my cloths and jumped out.. Some of the boiz then went inside the room and brought out the snake dead after some minutes.. I was so scared.. I wonder what our country is turning into.. The safety of corps members aren't even guaranteed.. The toilets are messed up.. We live like prisoners and refugees.. God help us.

Ol' boy make una check una PP wella oo. That snake don swallow somebody mojow oo... Chineke!
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by ibiso1986: 12:19am On Mar 17, 2013
It does not have the shape of a cobra.. Looks more like a black mamba.. Anyway it was digesting its meal, that's why it was weak.. Anyway I was bitten by a small black snake in uniport.. I was lucky it was under my feet. So the fangs couldn't penetrate to d bloodstream. I felt a slight pain though.. I just took Antibiotics to backup incase. Glory be to God
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by KayDee4: 12:27am On Mar 17, 2013
Just one snake ? grin grin
This is child's play compared to what I experienced in Edo State camp some years ago.
The camp houses were unfinished buildings in the middle of, and surrounded by thick tall grass bushes; the camp officials decided to burn the bushes days after we arrived and moved in, so the snakes moved from the burning bush into our sleeping area.
It was terrifying and worse than the scene from 'snakes on a plane'; they were everywhere, hanging from the roof struts(there were no ceiling boards), from electric wires, in every corner, in people's buckets, under the mattress. Out of fear, people slept in standing positions at night. - The situation lasted almost the duration of our stay on camp. To crown it all up, there were scorpions too.

Luckily for us we all made it out without a single bite mark, no one suffered a scorpion sting or snake bite.

Chai !! NYSC - Now Your Suffering Continues.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Fhemmmy: 12:33am On Mar 17, 2013
Teemah Fashion: Saw a snake in my room too while i was serving in Enugu at my PPA, gosh! It wasn't funny. Thank God it was not in the night when i'm asleep all alone. I left my room for over two weeks and slept with the guys in their hostel, even after fumigation, i eventually went back to my room, i was always sleeping with one eye open, at the sound of anything i'm up. I hate snakes with a passion, it scares the hell out of me

Does that means that the camp are all in the bush or are the snake now coming into people's home?
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Fpersiee(m): 12:36am On Mar 17, 2013
hmm. abeg mi babe dey dat camp...if ds story na jok stop am abegi lipsrsealed
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Jerros213(m): 12:39am On Mar 17, 2013
Kay-Dee:
Just one snake ?
This is child's play compared to what I witnessed in Edo State camp many years ago.
The camp houses were unfinished buildings in the middle of, and surrounded by thick tall grass bushes; the camp officials decided to burn the bushes days after we arrived and moved in, so the snakes moved from the burning bush into our sleeping area.
It was terrifying and worse than the scene from 'snakes on a plane'; they were everywhere, hanging from the roof struts(there were no ceiling boards), from electric wires, in every corner, in people's buckets, under the mattress. Out of fear, people slept in standing positions at night. - The situation lasted almost the duration of our stay on camp. To crown it all up, there were scorpions too.

Luckily for us we all made it out without a single bite mark, no one suffered a scorpion sting or snake bite.

Man! Some scary shi;t that was. Hope there wasn't any casualty till you guys finished??
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 17, 2013
Ikare Akoko camp.......Simply the worst in the nation.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Fhemmmy: 1:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Rukemi291: Ikare Akoko camp.......Simply the worst in the nation.

Na wa oh . . . I hope the govt will do something about all these
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by VolvoS60(m): 1:32am On Mar 17, 2013
Kay-Dee:
Just one snake ? grin grin
This is child's play compared to what I witnessed in Edo State camp many years ago.

^^^^ grin grin grin

That's the real deal up there. And tomorrow some army or police goon will brag about being trained in gwoza or kachia and as such he is a better man than any civilian. Your experience matches anything the khaki boys claim they have been through. Good no one was hurt though.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Okijajuju1(m): 2:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Wow!

This is surprising especially as I gathered that the NYSC camps are fumigated heavily prior to corpers coming in...

This would have been sure death if it ad bitten anybody.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Okijajuju1(m): 2:20am On Mar 17, 2013
coogar: this is so horrible!
snake was probably resting after swallowing a small mouse. they should have just taken it out of the room and let it stroll away peacefully. the snake wasn't threatening anyone and i doubt it's even venomous. why kill it?

My dear, the only non venomous snakes are the constrictors like pythons, corn snakes and anacondas. This snake is highly venomous... Thank heavens no one got bitten.

Also, killing it is no biggie as this specie of snake abounds all over Nigeria.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by YorubaOmoge: 3:19am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju: Wow!

This is surprising especially as [size=18pt]I gathered that the NYSC camps are fumigated heavily prior to corpers coming in...[/size]

ROTFLMAO!!

Fumigated with what?

Pepper spray? grin grin
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by groovie(m): 4:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

My dear, the only non venomous snakes are the constrictors like pythons, corn snakes and anacondas. This snake is highly venomous... Thank heavens no one got bitten.

Also, killing it is no biggie as this specie of snake abounds all over Nigeria.

nope. there are more non venomous snakes species. in fact only a few species are venomous
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by 2baga(m): 4:52am On Mar 17, 2013
ItsModella: Oh God!! that's so scary...what if it had crawled onto your body? ewwwww shocked shocked shocked

a whole modella!!!! asking such a question, apparently the youth corp guy is still in shock and cant answer 4 himself so I suggest u direct the question to #my oga at the top??
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by InvertedHammer: 5:18am On Mar 17, 2013
[size=14pt]Village things![/size]
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by zenzen: 5:21am On Mar 17, 2013
Awww!dis is strange cos d same tin also happened in the male hostel yesterday here in iseyin oyo state nysc camp
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 17, 2013
thks to God o, na inside bush the camp dey? it has eaten sometin self.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Ishilove: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2013
When I was there some years back, the male toilets were messed up.

Luckily I came late for camp so I ended up staying in the chair store with a couple of other girls. It was very comfy and the female toilets were a darn sight better than the male toilets.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 17, 2013
ifyalways: Scary.
@OP,get lime/lemon and garlic and place at strategic places in your room,it keeps 'em crawling ninjas at bay.
.what of bitter kola?
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Maaliki(m): 8:02am On Mar 17, 2013
Oboy! U are very luky o, tank God for ur safty
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by anderson1994: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2013
groovie:

y u dey spit na? snakes are not slimy rather they have the hard texture of ur nails.
so when next u see one, give it a nice pat on the back. undecided
Abeg before u do am update for ur pm first "death loading" n "snake bite in a bit" lmafo
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Okijajuju1(m): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

ROTFLMAO!!

Fumigated with what?

Pepper spray? grin grin

Now the matter dey shock me o!

I camped in Obubra in Cross River state nd during my time, I was told this by the state Cordinator o! Now I do t know what to believe anymore.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju: Wow!

This is surprising especially as I gathered that the NYSC camps are fumigated heavily prior to corpers coming in...

you fumigate a house in the middle of the bush and you expect it to be effective?

never mind that 90% of this fumigation is 100% fail

our offices are fumigated every month and the rats still multiply
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Onyenna(m): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2013
donigspain: Over 3 snakes were killed in the female hostel (more like prison/cell) during NYSC 2012 Batch C orientation camp in Benue state. It's quite pathetic.

Shoooo!....a BIG snake was also killed in front of my hostel(C1) during NYSC 2012 Batch B orientation camp in Benue state as well....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Of Late Corper, Ifedolapo Oladepo Drags FG, NYSC To Court, Demands N100m / Nysc Batch C14 TARABA STATE Let's Meet Here / Why Are Corpers Nicknamed Otondo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.