Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,555 members, 7,865,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

What “my Oga At The Top” Teaches - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What “my Oga At The Top” Teaches (442 Views)

BREAKING: Nscdc’s Mysterious “oga At The Top” Finally Revealed / My Oga At The Top ... NSCDC Vs Davido Gobe (video Mix By Dj Kaywise) / Ask My Oga At The Top!, What Does This Implied? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What “my Oga At The Top” Teaches by ekeroyal(m): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
Am not very good at writing or observing, but I have tried to look beyond the fun of the blunder and see if we can really learn from it. I have itemized a few points we can consider together, am open to constructive criticism and correction as well.

1. Lack of Good English & Grammar Skills
As I listened to the interview severally, I was ashamed that a man of his age in addition to his office (don’t know his rank), is lacking in the basics of English language. Besides, he lacks grammatical know-how to be a government official. I wonder if he ever attended secondary school. No wonder Nigerians seeking admissions for tertiary education abroad are asked to write IELTS, TOEFL when some countries like Zambia, India, Pakistan, just to name a few are allowed to apply without any such thing. This also points to the fact that our educational system is in total decay. It’s either something is done now or our children will really find it difficult to compete with their mates from other parts of the world.

2. The height of corruption
If such a man could be employed and sent to represent his office on a TV station that could be viewed worldwide, then our corruption level is never going down anytime soon. The right person is never given the job, because of corruption.

3. Computer illiteracy
I don’t know exactly how many Nigerians are computer literate but the fact is, only a very few percentage of Nigerians are computer literate. I mean those who understand the basics of computing, the internet and how to perform simple operations with the help of a computer. Am sure some so called graduates of Nigerian Universities don’t even know what a website is, many others who may claim to know will always look for who’ll lead them to check their mails.

4. The reason many are unemployed
Experts say for one to be employed, he needs to be employable. Many Nigerians are not employable that’s one reason they can’t be employed. I sincerely agree that the government isn’t doing enough to create jobs and job opportunities, but the question is how many job interviews have you attended? Why did you not get the job? You need to prepare yourself for the task ahead if you must get something doing. Think out of the box and find the solution to a lingering problem. Be employable!

5. Criticizing other is always fun
I guess you all will agree with me on this one except you’re at the receiving end of it. While criticism is good the question is, if you were the man in question are you sure you wouldn’t have done worse? While we continue to criticize others, put yourself in their shoes and deep down inside of you ask yourself “Am I really better than this person?”

6. Lack of sincerity and transparency
When we don’t know it, we should Endeavour to be sincere, it saves lots of headache. Using a lie to cover up ignorance sometimes may save us but it’s only temporal. Try to do things in such a way that you don’t start thinking about how to cover up for your earlier mess. It takes more energy and mental exercise to tell lies than to say the truth. Putting so much unnecessary strain on your brain could lead to psychiatric problems.

So while, you’re having fun, briefly ponder over the above and let’s see how much we can contribute to the growth of our great country. Let’s see if you and I can really do the simple things in a better way to improve our immediate surroundings.

(1) (Reply)

Principal Killed In Pakistan School Attack / Pray For The 36 Governors Of This Nation Against Any Loss Of Life. / Facebook Founder, Mark Zuckerberg, To Visit Akwa-ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.