Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan (974 Views)

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS / Ladies Struggling To Take A Selfie With Osinbajo (pic) / Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by Alary: 7:45am On Mar 17, 2013
17 MARCH, 2013

I am struggling to build my house in my village – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said he is struggling to build his house in his Otuoke village, Bayelsa State.

He said he might give out the house before he dies if he found out that his children are not ready to live in the village.

Jonathan spoke in Lagos at a fund-raiser for St. Stephens Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre, Otuoke.

He said, “We are all mortal beings, we are all biological specimen so we will all die but when we die, what will we be remembered for, what will we leave behind?

“I use to tell people that even the house I am struggling to build in the village, these days in this global age, how am I sure that my children will even stay in my root. They want to go to West Indies, they want to go to Latin America.

“So, I was even joking with people that if I look at the behaviour of my children and if I don’t see any of them that will patronise the village, I will donate my house before I die.”

The President urged wealthy Nigerians to make meaningful contributions to the development of poor communities in the country in order to better the lives of the youth and empower them to make useful contributions towards national development.

He said the project for the St. Stephens Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre was dear to him because he wanted to make sure that the younger generation passed through a better system of education different from the one he experienced while growing up.

“I feel the only thing I can do is to make sure that from nursery school to primary and secondary school, there should be a standard educational facility and youth programme, so that it gives opportunity for the younger ones to grow. Even if we die in the next 100 years, people will remember that those before them have something for them,” he said.

Present at the occasion were Chairman of Visafone, Jim Ovia; Chairman Capital oil, Chief Ifeanyi Uba; Chairman of A-Z Oil, Chika Okafor, Chairman Arik Air, Joseph Arumemi–Ikhide, Oba Otudeko and Tony Elumelu.

Also present were Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Tunde Lemo, ministers, senators, members of the House of Representatives and prominent indigenes of Otuoke
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2013
Who is he trying to deceive. You can use N1b to eat and you wanna use N4b for your baby momma's house yet you are struggling to build your house in the village. If I may ask is it a castle or an Empire? This Gej will do/say anything trying to call black white for Nigerians so as to look like he is doing the right thing when obviously he is doing the wrong thing

4 Likes

Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Who is he trying to deceive. You can use N1b to eat and you wanna use N4b for your baby momma's house yet you are struggling to build your house in the village. If I may ask is it a castle or an Empire? This Gej will do/say anything trying to call black white for Nigerians so as to look like he is doing the right thing when obviously he is doing the wrong thing

Dat is it..!
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by ifyalways(f): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2013
Most families are struggling to see 2 semi-squared meal, Mr president.
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by takedat(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by kekerazi(m): 11:09am On Mar 17, 2013
GooDLuck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan - Let God punish you dia.
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by Itoroetti(m): 11:39am On Mar 17, 2013
All of u that are busy hating jonathan will all meet ur water loo except u change.what has fashola done to u guys?upon d "thief-thief" that tinubu did,u guys still bestowed asiwaju on him.Obasanjo,one of d worst nigeria's nightmare was from ur territory,yet u guys hardly criticise him.pls can u list obj's achievement during his 2years of reign in power?mention one president dat has bin able to achieve wat jonathan has achieve under 2years and I'll show u de word impossible in governance.
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by Gbawe2: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2013
Jonathan talking wistfully about his village home? Surprise, surprise. The man's mentality and outlook is 100% village-like and agrarian. This is the simple truth.
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
If GEJ was as corrupt as you haters think, he would not be struggling to build a house any where in the world. Why not wait till any thing evil or fraudulent about him is found before crucifying him. Hating him now will do no good, it will only lead to untimely d**th, before 2015 of course.
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by tpia5: 2:05am On Mar 18, 2013
“I use to tell people that even the house I am struggling to build in the village, these days in this global age, how am I sure that my children will even stay in my root. They want to go to West Indies, they want to go to Latin America.

does he mean america, europe or asia?
Re: I Am Struggling To Build My House In My Village – Jonathan by OAM4J: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2013

(1)

Governor Akpabio Six Million Naira Mr Biggs (video) / Sheik Gumi Views On Disintegration Of Nigeria / Amachi Re-elected Nigeria Governors’ Forum Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.