Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data (54895 Views)

7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. / How To Prevent Your Android Smartphone From Consuming Your Data.. / Codes For Tapping Calls With Your Phone From Another Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 8:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Follow this simple steps to stop your Android phones from burning up your browsing airtime/data (MB) without your consent:

SETTINGS => ACCOUNTS & SYNC => BACKGROUND DATA (Please unmark/deselect)

Now you can enjoy a long lasting browsing experience...

To anticipated buyers of Android phones, I recommend Tecno Smart Phones. Am sure you'll like them; the cheapest and nice Android phones in the market.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by abrahym(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2013
thanks
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
abrahym: thanks
My pleasure!
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
N3 Photos

Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by confusion247(m): 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
Thanks for the information.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
confusion247: Thanks for the information.
You're welcome!
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by BasseyJ(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
Please, like how much can one get the N3
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by NoQualms1(f): 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
What's the cheapest and best data plan one can use on MTN for an android phone?
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2013
BasseyJ: Please, like how much can one get the N3
I bought mine N13,000 here in Abuja, but you might even get it cheaper than that.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2013
No Qualms: What's the cheapest and best data plan one can use on MTN for an android phone?
If MTN was your first line and your android has two sim slots just like N3, I suggest you go get Airtel sim and subscribe to their 1 Month BIS as you can also use this plan on android phones. MTN has no cheap data plan.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by NoQualms1(f): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2013
Kizyte:
If MTN was your first line and your android has two sim slot just like N3, I suggest you go get Airtel sim and subscribe to their 1 Month BIS as you can also use this plan on android phones. MTN has no cheap data plan.

Thank you, Kizyte. That was my initial plan but airtel network is very bad in my area. It fluctuates between 3G and GPRS. Whenever it does that browsing becomes extremely sluggish. That was why I decided to go for MTN instead.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2013
No Qualms:

Thank you, Kizyte. That was my initial plan but airtel network is very bad in my area. It fluctuates between 3G and GPRS. Whenever it does that browsing becomes extremely sluggish. That was why I decided to go for MTN instead.
Always my pleasure!
I think Airtel is working hard to expand their network outreach. Just be patient...
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by emilyone(f): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
Where in Lagos can i buy techno N3 ?
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by RTRUTH: 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Kizyte: N3 Photos

please can any one help me out , my techno n3 cannot receive file through bluetooth, each time someones sends me a file thru bluetooth, it will first alert me that a file is coming, after it will say file not receive, have checked all setting no way.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Lallaopeyemi(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
R TRUTH:

please can any one help me out , my techno n3 cannot receive file through bluetooth, each time someones sends me a file thru bluetooth, it will first alert me that a file is coming, after it will say file not receive, have checked all setting no way.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by illswift(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
R TRUTH:

drag the bluetooth file notification at the top of ur screen down and accept..

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by abrahym(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
anyone help me with mtn blackberry plan settings 0n samsung galaxy s2,
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
emilyone: Where in Lagos can i buy techno N3 ?
You can get it in most mobile phone shops, can also get it at www.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
R TRUTH:

Slide your finger across your screen, from top to center to open notification. Find and touch the bluetooth alert to pair and accept file. I hope this solves your problem.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
abrahym: anyone help me with mtn blackberry plan settings 0n samsung galaxy s2,
Google out MTN BIS with DroidVPN
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by uncleken: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
Tecno N3 is not a good phone to buy.My own is giving me serious wahala up till now.offing by itself when network is ba, speaker problem and many things
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
uncleken: Tecno N3 is not a good phone to buy.My own is giving me serious wahala up till now.offing by itself when network is ba, speaker problem and many things
Am sorry you're having such problems with your N3. Check your phone for wrong rooting. You can try hard reset or format. Also make sure you reserve atleast 50MB space on your internal memory for better performance of your device.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by luckshine: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
pls tecno n3 and HTC g2 which should I buy

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 1:11am On Mar 22, 2013
luckshine: pls tecno n3 and HTC g2 which should I buy
G2 is a nice phone, with 4GB internal storage capacity & 8GB SD Card but the problem is that it doesn't offer tethering or mobile hot spot capabilities. Also runs on android os 2.2 which is older, and above all, expensive. Unlike Tecno N3 which runs on 2.3, supports wifi hot spot, and very affordable.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by abrahym(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2013
anybody help me on how to disable auto start app on samsung galaxy s2 and how to disable auto application updating...it comsuming my battery and mb...thanks alot.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
abrahym: anybody help me on how to disable auto start app on samsung galaxy s2 and how to disable auto application updating...it comsuming my battery and mb...thanks alot.
Follow the simple instruction given above, to disable background apps.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2013
Kizyte:
If MTN was your first line and your android has two sim slots just like N3, I suggest you go get Airtel sim and subscribe to their 1 Month BIS as you can also use this plan on android phones. MTN has no cheap data plan.
na lie joor airtel bis don cast na just 1gig u can subscribe mtn bis which is 3gig. change ur apn to blackberry. net and u re good to go. mtn is better network wise and data wise.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 25, 2013
Kizyte:
Google out MTN BIS with DroidVPN

mtn dont need droidvpn anymore. Just subscribe .change ur apn to blackberry. net
u re good to go
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by NoQualms1(f): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
suniblu: ..
na lie joor airtel bis don cast na just 1gig u can subscribe mtn bis which is 3gig. change ur apn to blackberry. net and u re good to go. mtn is better network wise and data wise.

I learnt mtn BIS has stopped working on other phones except blackberry. Is it working on your android? When did you subscribe last?
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
suniblu: ..
MTN BIS isn't constant on other devices.
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by lincolnola: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
pls i need more steps onthis subject,im not getting underground data in the account & sync section.do i need to root my n7 tecno b4 i will be able to see that? pls help me
Re: Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data by Kizyte(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
lincolnola: pls i need more steps onthis subject,im not getting underground data in the account & sync section.do i need to root my n7 tecno b4 i will be able to see that? pls help me

Of course you don't expect to see "Background Data" on N7 cos it runs on os 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The tips above is meant for 2.3 Gingerbread, but you can follow same steps. On ACCOUNT & SYNC, look for other menu that's related to BACKROUND DATA.
You must not root your phone in order to disable background applications.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electronic Tattoo: Bill Gates Predicts Technology That Will Replace Smart Phones / Stable IP Address For Airtel 0. 0 K Free Unlimited Browsing On Psiphon 100 / A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.