Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

My Last Flash Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Last Flash Site (750 Views)

Comment On 2face Idibia Fans Flash Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Last Flash Site by prodgalson: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2008
In responding to another post, i found out that a site I built is still around, even though the company is no more (roughly 2 years ago).
I wanted to share it with you guys, as it's one of my favourites, from front to back, hopefully it inspires those of you that enjoy building flash sites.

http://www.mindseye.com

The backend runs on coldfusion+SQLServer , and I interfaced the middleware with the flash front end using coldfusion remote objects for seamless calls from Actionscript. It is all CMS driven, using Mindseye Element, a custom CMS we built, also in coldfusion. The flash bit was written in Flash 8, and is 80% actionscript driven, with few timeline keyframes. Was quite challenging , but a memorable experience. It was also the last flash site i built before going full on into flex applications. Enjoy.

(2cents, don't come here talking about SEO either! smiley )
Re: My Last Flash Site by kheme(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2008
check my first flash site +www.khash.tk
and my last flash site www.xdavia.com
Re: My Last Flash Site by prodgalson: 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2008
Cool stuff man. I remember you, how've you been?
Are you not 'flashing' any more? you were on the right track, man.

What did you think of mindseye.com?
Re: My Last Flash Site by naijafan(m): 12:03am On Mar 28, 2008
kheme:

check my first flash site +www.khash.tk
and my last flash site www.xdavia.com

sorry but those are not flash sites. they are sites that contain flash wink
except you want to imply that every site out there is a flash site.
Re: My Last Flash Site by mambenanje(m): 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2008
nice design prodgal I like the site but it seems not to show any preloader
Re: My Last Flash Site by Scream(m): 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2008
Prodgal, I love the site. i want someone to build a site for us. I am in Lagos, if you can do it let me know so we can discuss. I lost contact with someone that was supposed to do it for us (my group) last here. Expecting your reply. Thanks
Re: My Last Flash Site by mambenanje(m): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2008
Scream if you need a flash site like the one prodgal did then you can contact us www.afrovisiongroup.com
if prodgal is busy wink
Re: My Last Flash Site by naijafan(m): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2008
mambenanje:

nice design prodgal I like the site but it seems not to show any preloader
There was a preloader. Not the conventional progress indicators tho wink

mambenanje:

Scream if you need a flash site like the one prodgal did then you can contact us www.afrovisiongroup.com
if prodgal is busy wink
LOLz grin
Re: My Last Flash Site by prodgalson: 9:47pm On May 14, 2008
Sorry, missed the follow up smiley

Yeah there is a preloader, and it shows progress.
It's very subtle, watch the 'M' on the first screen, it pulses, but fills with white the more it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Ur Help / Google: Ad Clicks Are Flat / 3 Nigerians, 368 Others Compete For Microsoft Laurel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.