Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services (2165 Views)

MAKE PAYMENT ON PAYPAL,ESCROW,ALIBABA,EBAY ETC AT N208.7 TO $1 / Escrow Service Coming To Nairaland...Dec 1st 2014 / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
Having read pathetic stories of people being SCAMMED by fellow nairalanders, I suggest it is high time Seun and his crew set up escrow services to protect users of this great site.

Of course Seun can charge service fees for rendering such services.

House, what do you think? - as some members have lost their hard earned money to wolves in the house.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by israel007: 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
Never been scammed but me say: Excellent idea.

@Seun: RECOMMENDED

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
That will be the best thing to ever happen to Nairaland.

I support with all my heart.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by kedukc(m): 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
great idea but, nairaland is a news site.

And knowing nigerians, it's bound to be abused by the same users asking for it.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by bluesaint(m): 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Yea a very good suggestion, and this will help transactions on the site making it a preferred e-commerce site. Of course many people with genuine business will want to do business here because nairaland has the huge traffic needed to do biz.
Oga Oshie, ur bb pin pls or any other link with which we can interact. I have some questions and biz 4us. Tnx
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Funny thing is, I suggested this to Naijacutie a few weeks back and never got a response from her so it seems to me Nairaland only encourages the exchange of ideas only and doesn't promote any form of trade.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by onyeego(m): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2013
Seconded
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
I OBSERVE THAT PEOPLE DO MORE THAN EXCHANGE OF IDEAS HERE. EVEN THOUGH THE SITE DOES NOT SHOWCASE ANY PRODUCT FOR SALE, PEOPLE BUY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FROM FELLOW NAIRALANDERS. THE ESSENCE OF THE ESCROW WILL GUARANTEE SAFE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS AND RENDERING OF SERVICES FROM AND TO MEMBERS.
CONVERSELY, SEUN AND HIS CREW GETS PAID AS A THIRD PARTY IN THE TRANSACTIONS.
SCAMMING WILL GREATLY REDUCE ON THIS SITE, AS VOLUME OF TRANSACTIONS WILL NO DOUBT INCREASE.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by bluesaint(m): 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=oshie]I OBSERVE THAT PEOPLE DO MORE THAN EXCHANGE OF IDEAS HERE. EVEN THOUGH THE SITE DOES NOT SHOWCASE ANY PRODUCT FOR SALE, PEOPLE BUY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FROM FELLOW NAIRALANDERS. THE ESSENCE OF THE ESCROW WILL GUARANTEE SAFE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS AND RENDERING OF SERVICES FROM AND TO MEMBERS.
CONVERSELY, SEUN AND HIS CREW GETS PAID AS A THIRD PARTY IN THE TRANSACTIONS.
SCAMMING WILL GREATLY REDUCE ON THIS SITE, AS VOLUME OF TRANSACTIONS WILL NO DOUBT INCREASE. [/quote
]
Waitin 4my request to be granted.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Seun(m): 11:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
We've been aware of this possibility for a while. We think its a swell idea, but we can't just jump into it without some serious planning.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 3:15am On Mar 19, 2013
@ bluesaint, my contact details are under my signature. my number is there.
@ seun, many thanks for your encouraging post. it is serious planning that has made you to keep and maintain this site.
The image of our country online and Nairaland will be lifted with escrow services on the site.
the impression is that this site is a safe heaven for scammers. You chase them of from one thread they conveniently finds another and continue from where they stopped.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 19, 2013
Seun: We've been aware of this possibility for a while. We think its a swell idea, but we can't just jump into it without some serious planning.
Would you encourage a third party coy to handle such service especially if they have a good approach to make it work.
I'm also sure a coy can introduce that line of business for general usage both in and out on Nairaland however Nairaland users will make a good launching pad. Just like Paypal and e-bay.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by barikay: 6:23am On Mar 19, 2013
Seun pls, consider this. It will boost d confidence of users. Paypal is nt accepted here so people that want to transact from abroad may be turning to Nairaland. Who knows. Nairaland may become the solution to Paypal. My suggestion is that you should partner with a good company
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Ebestsmscom: 8:20am On Mar 19, 2013
Seun: We've been aware of this possibility for a while. We think its a swell idea, but we can't just jump into it without some serious planning.

Seconded.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 1:53am On Mar 20, 2013

We shall support you with with our various suggestions on how to make ESCROW - our BIG DREAM come through. Our collective prayers will guide you to ensure you take us to the PROMISED LAND.
@ bluesaint, i could not find your number or pin on your profile to contact you. Mine is 08034467226.
@ Brand_new, thanks for your suggestion.
@ all,Lets bombard Seun and his team with more suggestions and insights. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of those who have been scammed on this site. It is actually not that they are greedy but some innocently feel for traps of black sheep amongst us.
Finally, this is an image issue on global platform. From the deep recesses of my humble heart, I know with conviction that the site pilot can come up with solution to this problem.
Good morning all.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 20, 2013
Yeah! The whole idea is not as difficult as you people make it seem. I was even willing to volunteer because the scam threads/stories was becoming over bearing hence I made that suggestion and Naijacutie never reverted to me after showing interest in my suggestions. I was disappointed and felt like there was nothing I can do about it since the site Admin wasn't interested or simply kept mum about it.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 2:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Better late than never, if the Admin reacts now, we say Gbosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa to them.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 20, 2013
With the sheer volume of trade on here on NL, I see him coasting as little as 100 million naira in the first year.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ravenwolf: With the sheer volume of trade on here on NL, I see him coasting as little as 100 million naira in the first year.
MONEY FOR SEUN AND HIS CREW, BETTER IMAGE FOR OUR COUNTRY,SAFETY AND PEACE OF MIND FOR US ALL.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by barikay: 7:13am On Mar 23, 2013
oshie:
MONEY FOR SEUN AND HIS CREW, BETTER IMAGE FOR OUR COUNTRY,SAFETY AND PEACE OF MIND FOR US ALL.
so true
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by oshie(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
I just a post of people calling themselves scammers and feel Seun should do something about

E S C R O W
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by chiboy11(m): 12:39am On Apr 12, 2013
If dat wud b done fine, scamers everywere , fake transactions n co , I suport dis 101%
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by flowsamuels(m): 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
two years and counting ...

seun is still planning ...

cc: seun
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Youngzedd(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
flowsamuels:
two years and counting ...

seun is still planning ...

cc: seun

Nairaland is a forum not e-commerce.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by ZUBY77(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Good idea. I want to be a shareholder.
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by goldtooth: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Youngzedd:

Nairaland is a forum not e-commerce.

When amazon first started they only sold books so nairaland can and should go into other businesses. By doing so seun would be creating more jobs and reducing the high unemployment rate that is plagueing us as a nation.#MyOpinion
Re: Nairaland Should Provide Escrow Services by Youngzedd(m): 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
goldtooth:

When amazon first started they only sold books so nairaland can and should go into other businesses. By doing so seun would be creating more jobs and reducing the high unemployment rate that is plagueing us as a nation.#MyOpinion

We have many e-commerce websites out there.

(1) (Reply)

7 Insider Secrets Of Wealth Creation / My Pastor ask me to Pay Tithe when I won £289,701 On National Lottery, HELP ME! / Buy Your Chemicals With Free Training On Cosmetics Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.