Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread (177426 Views)

Pls Advice On Which To Buy Btw Tecno D5 And L3 / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Dacore: 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
[quote author=segelity]una dey use this chinese shit una dey call am andriod.u guy shld try htc sensation out and see d diff. BTW Andriod and arnold[/q[s][/s][color=#990000][/color]uote]

LWKMD....You are wicked. People are here talking of medium range (quality /specs) android phones with cheap prices and you are talking of HTC sensation. I use galaxy note 2...it is a good phone...but it is expensive no be small....i still dey soak my garri here...lol....but no regrets.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Meklex(m): 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
BizBloke: I have shop in Lagos, not in Awka; I have agents in Awka. Thanks.
so how am I going to get the phone? I was thinking buying it next week.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by SammyJagz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
av used both fones: n3 nd d5....rit nw am on d5# my candid advice 4 y'al iz if u knw u're addicted 2 3g ntwrk pls go 4 n3 as dats d only advantage itz got ova d5 buh if u're a lover of big screen, smarter smartfone, gr8 multitasking, e.t.c....den wake up bruv coz d5's d way oo
n3 lags sumtyms....nd 4 ya'l hu says dey ain't dloading large filez wit d5>>na hu tel u dat 1....jux hook up wid a gud ntwrk nd zooooom u go.....as 4 mua I dload movies wid myn.....soo PEACEEEEEEE###
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
mr.drizzy:
anyway i didnt ryt that .who would leave d thread cus of such english..that just have 1-2 error in a sentence ,only a low retarded one wont understand..u need to stop ur altitude .no one is perfect.

thank guy....
life is nt alway abt argument, mr perfecter sighted his view and I agreed wt him. I do abreviate alots coz am doin other tins on my phone. Neva mind broder I will change d pattern.

hope u hv a lovely day!
thanks to every1.
One love keep us together.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 12:06am On Apr 10, 2013
SammyJagz: av used both fones: n3 nd d5....rit nw am on d5# my candid advice 4 y'al iz if u knw u're addicted 2 3g ntwrk pls go 4 n3 as dats d only advantage itz got ova d5 buh if u're a lover of big screen, smarter smartfone, gr8 multitasking, e.t.c....den wake up bruv coz d5's d way oo
n3 lags sumtyms....nd 4 ya'l hu says dey ain't dloading large filez wit d5>>na hu tel u dat 1....jux hook up wid a gud ntwrk nd zooooom u go.....as 4 mua I dload movies wid myn.....soo PEACEEEEEEE###

True talk my brother......
I don't know where they get dat from ooooo
I regret buyin n3 b4 migrate to d5 coz dere is no 3G network where I resided. and d most painful tin is I dey always browse wt d5 for free wt mtn line and all other application like gmail, whatapp, facebook, mozat, badoo were always online wtout experince any problem. above all nah chrome and mozilla I dey use to browse.

only d 3g limitation.

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by balogunsam(m): 6:46am On Apr 10, 2013
Tecno huh? No way for me. I have seen the D5 and N7...I rate them fair....basically for beginner android users or basic users. The battery ratigng alone for yhese things put me off. I'd stick to my UMI X1 and Jiayu G3 anyday....I use and promote solid chinese android phones raging from dual cores to Quad cores with batteries that will actually last u a day,not one u leave home full and be at 30% by 2PM.....
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by nwajude1: 11:05am On Apr 10, 2013
D5 with WIFI it's crazy!!!! cool D5 with WIFI it's crazy!!!!
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2013
Meklex: so how am I going to get the phone? I was thinking buying it next week.
I'm waybilling a laptop on Friday through ANIDS. If you're ready, it's an extra N500 for the waybill. Thanks!
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by callydon(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2013
Plz can anyone confirm whether Tecno phones says d name of d caller wen someone calls u. Jst like symbian phones do.
Thanks.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by soullove87: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2013
callydon: Plz can anyone confirm whether Tecno phones says d name of d caller wen someone calls u. Jst like symbian phones do.
Thanks.

Its does!
u can as well download sms reader from google store.

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
balogunsam: Tecno huh? No way for me. I have seen the D5 and N7...I rate them fair....basically for beginner android users or basic users. The battery ratigng alone for yhese things put me off. I'd stick to my UMI X1 and Jiayu G3 anyday....I use and promote solid chinese android phones raging from dual cores to Quad cores with batteries that will actually last u a day,not one u leave home full and be at 30% by 2PM.....
The last time i checked, none of dis phones r in 9geria. So kindly tell me where u got urs smiley
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by feelme3(m): 12:07am On Apr 11, 2013
OK. Been using the Tecno D5 for 2months now and here's my review.
Phone feels and looks great but internal memory is disappointing for heavy apps downloads.
Heats up within few mins of calls and that can be scary.
The volume is awful and almost totally useless. Outside the privacy of your room or any ultra quite place you can hardly hear through a call.
The answering method for calls is [b]frustrating[/b]and you could end up losing a call trying to swipe to answer.
Forget the cam flash. its just a fancy little twinkle. Don't count on it for a good image.
It doesn't have a 3g but then thats nothing to worry about since we can hardly make out the diff between 2G and 3G from our carriers here.
Comes preinstalled with some pretty useful apps though and doesn't look or sound like chinko smiley
But for 13K, don't be too greedy to expect the same spec as a Nokia Lumia grin
That's all
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by oprah007(m): 12:51am On Apr 11, 2013
feel_me: OK. Been using the Tecno D5 for 2months now and here's my review.
Phone feels and looks great but internal memory is disappointing for heavy apps downloads.
Heats up within few mins of calls and that can be scary.
The volume is awful and almost totally useless. Outside the privacy of your room or any ultra quite place you can hardly hear through a call.
The answering method for calls is [b]frustrating[/b]and you could end up losing a call trying to swipe to answer.
Forget the cam flash. its just a fancy little twinkle. Don't count on it for a good image.
It doesn't have a 3g but then thats nothing to worry about since we can hardly make out the diff between 2G and 3G from our carriers here.
Comes preinstalled with some pretty useful apps though and doesn't look or sound like chinko smiley
But for 13K, don't be too greedy to expect the same spec as a Nokia Lumia grin
That's all
Hmmmm What a review. Pretty Cool for 13k. U're actually correct there
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 11, 2013
Plz guys,can Tecno Q1 play HD games like Realfootball 2012 like the n3 or N7?.......I dnt mind the screen size!
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by 2NDACCT(f): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2013
go D5
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by oprah007(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hi Guys, Is the Tecno Q1 now in the Nigerian Market and how much does it go for? Anyone in the house?
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
oprah007: Hi Guys, Is the Tecno Q1 now in the Nigerian Market and how much does it go for? Anyone in the house?
I saw it in Jos, the price they say is 17k but i know it's negotiable.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by oprah007(m): 7:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kamaye: I saw it in Jos, the price they say is 17k but i know it's negotiable.
17k?! Wow! That's cool. With specs like 1ghz dualcore processor,touchscreen and qwerty keypad, camera with flash,1gb ram. Its gonna be a beast I hope. Hands crossed
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by bizmahn: 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
balogunsam: Tecno huh? No way for me. I have seen the D5 and N7...I rate them fair....basically for beginner android users or basic users. The battery ratigng alone for yhese things put me off. I'd stick to my UMI X1 and Jiayu G3 anyday....I use and promote solid chinese android phones raging from dual cores to Quad cores with batteries that will actually last u a day,not one u leave home full and be at 30% by 2PM.....

Bros please be kind to link us to where to buy these phones.thanx
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
bizmahn:
Bros please be kind to link us to where to buy these phones.thanx
Dnt pay attention 2 him jare.....
There's no such phones in 9ja mobile market as @ nw. But if uv got a friend in India.... U can ask him/her 2 help u get 1
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ogunyede6: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
i so much fall in love with that d3 bcuz of its speed and its ability to run hd games and so on my friend told me he saw tecno d3 with 3g and am surprised people are saying its a 3gless phones in previous post otabasky said it got 3g
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ogunyede6: 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
anyways i had mke up my mind to buy d3 or d5 whatever as a point of fact i wish to know the difference between this 2
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Allwellcj(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2013
pls friends does dis d5 whatsapp n can it read pdf files? what about 2go, skype etc? pls i need urgent help.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2013
You can buy your Tecno phones from me. Good rates!!!
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Allwellcj(m): 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
bizbloke, pls answer my questions on d5. God bless u as u do soo.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
Allwellcj: bizbloke, pls answer my questions on d5. God bless u as u do soo.
I wish I could answer your question, but I have minimal knowledge about that. I sell, but I don't use any of them. However, here's me random guessing: it should be able to read pdf files, skype too. I'm not sure about 2go. As for Whatsapp, if it's available for android OS, yes.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by aorseer: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
BizBloke how much is Q1 and n7

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
aorseer: BizBloke how much is Q1 and n7

N7=N28,000;Q1=N16,000
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Allwellcj(m): 1:08am On Apr 18, 2013
tanks so much for ur help bizbloke.
who else knows if d5 can whatsapp, read pdf files n skype? pls o. bizbloke told me all he knows abt d fone so make una help m o. i wan find d fone go on friday. i want to kbow wot am buying. i need help pls.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 6:15am On Apr 18, 2013
Allwellcj: tanks so much for ur help bizbloke.
who else knows if d5 can whatsapp, read pdf files n skype? pls o. bizbloke told me all he knows abt d fone so make una help m o. i wan find d fone go on friday. i want to kbow wot am buying. i need help pls.
WhatsApp will work perfectly on D5, you can download it from play store. Also you can read PDF files on this phone, just download Adobe reader or pdf viewer from play store. Lastly, Skype or any other form of video calling will not work on this device because it is not 3g enabled!!!.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Allwellcj(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Waoh! Kamaye, tanks for d explicit explanation. Few more questions for u cos i dont want to regret anytyn at all, i am nt really d fone game type, i play on my pc. PES n FM. Can it take dis games? Wot is d picture quality like? Does it av message n call indicator to show u av a missed call or message? How big is it? Does it accept BIS subscription like d n3 n can u also help wit d few advantages it has over d n3 cos i know d major disadvantage is it lack of 3g. I will be waiting patiently happy for ur response n dat of any oda person dat has seen n used d d5 fone.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Junki04(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2013
Allwellcj: tanks so much for ur help bizbloke.
yes it does...I use d phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / How To See Hidden Number That Call You / Download PES 19 ISO PPSSPP Game For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.