Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC (17262 Views)

Cms In Isoko South Lg Delta Signing Pv Late At Night / Urgent! Please My Call Up Number Wasn't Sent To My School. / No-trouser Corps Member Wasn't Thrown Out At Night - NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by rodeo0070(m): 6:31am On Mar 18, 2013
The National Youth Service Corps says Miss Damilola Ekundayo was ejected from orientation camp because she refused to wear the service kits including trousers.

Ekundayo was sent out of the Sagamu Orientation Camp penultimate Friday following her refusal to wear the prescribed NYSC kits.

The NYSC said Ekundayo’s action contravened the law regulating and prescribing the dress code for all members of the scheme.

Coordinator of NYSC in Ogun, Mrs. Theresa Anosike, said Ekundayo’s refusal to wear the kits, including the khaki trousers at the camp and her insistence on putting on only skirts for the compulsory one-year programme contradicted Section 3 subsection (h) of the scheme’s 2012 bye-laws.

Anosike, who addressed newsmen in Sagamu on Friday, however, stressed that due process was followed before the corps member was sent out of the orientation camp.

She added that like her other colleagues, the ejected corps member signed an undertaking on cultism and the dress code when she was admitted into the orientation camp.

She disclosed that Ekundayo was first reprimanded and brought before a panel before she was eventually ejected when she insisted that she would not wear the proper NYSC kits due to her religious beliefs.

The NYSC state coordinator said, “We had to decamp a corps member, Miss Ekundayo Tolulope Damilola, a graduate of Zoology from the Lagos State University who reported in this camp and registered on Wednesday, March 6, 2013. She was assigned the code number OG/13A/1344.

“On Friday 8th of March 2013, at about 7pm she was reprimanded by a camp official and was taken to the camp director’s office for refusing to wear the NYSC kit items contrary to the undertaking she had signed to abide by the NYSC dress code. We have copies of this here which we’ll give to you after this briefing.

“At about 9.00pm, she was brought to my office by the camp director with the report that she refused to wear the NYSC kit items. I was also told that she had been brought before a panel to find out why she wasn’t going to wear the kit items at about 7.00pm but she said she wasn’t going to wear those kit items because it was contrary to her faith.

“The camp director noted that since Ekundayo arrived in the camp, several camp officials had accosted her at different times but she refused to wear the kit items, claiming that she had a covenant with God and so there was nothing anybody could do. She insisted she was ready to forgo the service year rather than wear the kit items. The camp director said Miss Ekundayo’s utterances were a threat to peaceful coexistence on the camp and that that was why she was brought to my office.

“I immediately convened an urgent meeting with the resident officer one, representing the director general on the camp, the camp commandant and all other heads of security agencies on the camp. In their presence, I requested to know why she refused to wear the NYSC kit items and asked if she knew the consequences of her action. She claimed that there was no way she would go against her religious beliefs and that she would rather leave the camp quietly than be seen in any of the NYSC kit items.

She denied claims that the girl was thrown out of the camp at night.

“Contrary to their claim that we threw the girl out at night, we did not throw the girl out. She opted to leave the camp. As a matter of fact, once it is 6.00pm, and the flags come down, the corps members are not allowed to move out of the premises. So, we couldn’t have thrown her out.

“Secondly, we heard we sent the girl out at about 11.00pm, you can see from this undertaking that the man who came, one Apostle A.B Otaru of the Antioch Church, Sagamu who is also the PFN chairman in Remo came here, picked her up, did this undertaking and the time on this undertaking is 10.27pm and even after they left the security men were still at the gate to make sure that there was no problem.

SOURCE: mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/no-trouser-corps-member-wasnt-thrown-out-at-night-nysc/

1 Like

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by CLASSMAN: 7:07am On Mar 18, 2013
na wa o nigerians and religion sha
meanwhile ,,, ,,,,
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by gratiaeo(m): 7:23am On Mar 18, 2013
She can not abide with her country's rules, while is she lying against his country? Religious fanatics!!! Do we still need Zoology in Nigeria!
Let her go to hell
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2013
This is gross injustice, is this not the same NYSC that is done in north where women dress almost like masqurade and nobody dares throw them out of the camp? CAN and other xtian bodies must be to blaim here, why are they quiet? Whatcis good for the goose is good for the gander!

17 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Okijajuju1(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2013
Another soul lost to Religous Over-zealousness.

I wonder what Jesus would have to say about this..

1 Like

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by nairaman66(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2013
Just like politics, NYSC has two faces!

2 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by disisflex: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2013
Don't ever try to sit wit dis kin people 4 exam hall or u go dey for HOD office finish ur paper...frustration dey wire dem wella....na so dem go write wetin dey no sabi.

2 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by disisflex: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Don't ever try to sit wit dis kin people 4 exam hall or u go dey for HOD office finish ur paper...frustration dey wire dem wella....na so dem go write wetin dey no sabi.

4 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Bizinton: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2013
Hope there is improvement on the kits now? Used to be very horrible
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by highbee92(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
I wonder when wearing skirts became a threat to peaceful co-existence

13 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by vision2050: 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
What should i say
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Kassidy90(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
I better fold my arms and watch since I dnt knw which party is to believe.........
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Sircuba: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
She dey follow d instruction of "MY OGA AT THE TOP"

2 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by sagytariusTM1: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Its just like a female soldier refusing to put on khaki trouser. Are they serving a different God?

In other news, 15th is a nice try lipsrsealed
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Pacesetter2: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
This matter really upset me...if it is convenant between you & God..then He is God & will understand that you were left with no option & that is how it has been but you now wearing it to your PPA may now be a sin but within the camp..it is still okay...

Lesson to all...lets be careful when making convenant...she might have included her life in such convenant

3 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by cyril83(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2013
cogitoErgo: This is gross injustice, is this not the same NYSC that is done in north where women dress almost like masqurade and nobody dares throw them out of the camp? CAN and other xtian bodies must be to blaim here, why are they quiet? Whatcis good for the goose is good for the gander!
Nobody dresses like masquerade in camp, female muslim only put on white shot hijab.

That insane gurl needs to be examined.

7 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
cogitoErgo: This is gross injustice, is this not the same NYSC that is done in THE north where women dress almost like masqurade and nobody dares throw them out of the camp? CAN and other xtian bodies must be to blaim here, why are they quiet? Whatcis good for the goose is good for the gander!

I rest my case because you are a learner.

6 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by decode55(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
She's probably one deeper life girl.. #why am I not surprised?
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by chukwudi80(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
No comment, i am thinking

1 Like

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Sijo01(f): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Hmmmm, speechless!

1 Like

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Isn't it for her own good?? How comfortable wud she be climbing obstacles,going mountaineering and doing normal exercises on parade ground??
Inshort,NYSC I love being naked so I'm going to do all activities on camp nude.

1 Like

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by dammytosh: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2013
gratiaeo: She can not abide with her country's rules, while is she lying against his country? Religious fanatics!!! Do we still need Zoology in Nigeria!
Let her go to hell

The Nigerian Government caused it. What is it with corpers putting another white blouse under their cap in the name of semi hijab. When we keep handling the same issue with different laws. it is amazing.

Check this link and see : https://www.nairaland.com/1225224/muslim-corpers-allowed-wear-hijabshud . So what makes the masquerades in that link right ? Cos of their ability to unleash terror easily I guess.

NYSC should stand their ground. NYSC dress code should be standard. No addition of any rubbish all in the name of religion. If you can not cope, collect exemption letter on Religious / Moral ground. Whatever happens to your career. Best of luck.

No religion has monopoly of violence or double standard manipulations.

I wonder why the the so called HOLY HOLY lied anyway. You fornicate, lie but wear skirt and hope to make heaven. All foolish brainwashed religious scumbags.

While the world prepare for the 21st century challenges ahead, they are busy seeing a new born baby with a cross in his palm and a meat with arabic inscriptions. Bunch or retardsss.

9 Likes

Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Desloaaa(f): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2013
mtcheeeeewwww..na their type do pass o
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by thorpido(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2013
This country really bothers me.
There is a law that set up this NYSC.Anybody participating in it should abide by all the rules.In this country religious fanaticism really divides us.
I don't know if the government might review the dress code but i believe everyone should abide by the rules setting up an organisation.

SMH for religious people who think wearing trousers is a sin.
What of Efik men who wear wrappers?What of Scots who wear skirts.
Even Aaron in the bible wore skirts.
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Gojebor: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2013
Imagine her putting on skirt to do d man..o..war activities, will dat not be more revilin? Ignorance on Gods word!
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by gerald09(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2013
Nysc thank you. I SAID IT, I WAS RIGHT, I know no 1 sent dat lady out of camp by 11pm all of u Nairalanders dat believed she was thrown out @ 11pm shame on una. she only said it so Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ wuld be sympathetic to her stu*pidity. I realise dat most religious people make up stories to make u believe in there faith
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Mekus68: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Kassidy90: I better fold my arms and watch since I dnt knw which party is to believe.........
My brother I'm watch with u. Useless problems here n there.
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by foluks24(f): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2013
fogeting what the bible says about giving to ceaser wat belongs to ceaser.GOD is not a wicked God and wont crucify you cos u applied wisdom by obeying the law of the land.
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by slimyem: 9:57am On Mar 18, 2013
Foolish geh!!
See her face sef shouting foolishness!!
Serves her right.
Funny thing is she might not even be an upright person or that morally inclinedundecided
Fanatism re-defined.Make she go serve for church nah.God sef nor go look hin side.undecided
Re: No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2013
I think some religious people are getting it all wrong. Dress codes are a cultural thingy. The Scottish men wear skirts, is it sinful? Niger delta men tie wrappers as well as their women.

The NYSC kits are a practical thing for safety and expediency purposes. I tire for them Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO .

What if at the end it turns out that Judaism or Islam was the right one afterall?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / NYSC Mobilisation Time Table For 2011 Batch 'C' / NYSC: Osaghe Osaigbovo Remanded In Custody For 'Criminal Trespass And Forgery'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.