Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. (8856 Views)

Share/Tsaragi clash: 4 feared killed,30 injured,50 houses burnt / Boko Haram: Many Feared Killed, Houses Burnt Down In Yobe / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by xynerise: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2013
A violent demonstration erupted in Ganmo, Ifelodun Local Government area of Kwara state over an alleged plan of the state government to recognise and install a factional traditional ruler in the community
A violent demonstration erupted in Ganmo, Ifelodun local government area of Kwara state over an alleged plan of the state government to recognise and install a factional traditional ruler in the community.

There has been a dispute in the community over which ethnicity and local government the community belongs to, as one faction pledges affinity to Ilorin and the other to Igbomina in Ifelodun local government.

The crisis began when the Ilorin faction got wind of a plan to install and present a Staff of Office to the Igbomina traditional ruler.

About 10 houses have been burnt and damaged while several people sustained various degree of injuries during the two day demonstration which started on Sunday.

The scheduled installation has been suspended while police vans had been deployed to the area to maintain and restore peace.

Efforts to reach the police public relation officer for comments proved abortive.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/18/10-houses-burnt-people-injured-in-kwara-kingship-tussle/

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by juman(m): 10:40am On Mar 18, 2013
Why this problem still persist till today??

There is no true justice in nigeria that is the problem. The judiciary is not independent.

One nigeria has failed. A country of over 50 years without true justice.

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by vanstanzy(m): 10:40am On Mar 18, 2013
When will my people understand that all on earth is VANITY? How many people have they rendered homeless now with

this stupidity of theirs?

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by juman(m): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2013
The so called "leaders" that prefer to do just "whatever" they like, should know that one day they are going to meet their creator. The Creator of the world.
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by vanstanzy(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Lets learn to... Emancipate ourselves from mental slavery! This is uncalled for, i tell u. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Walexz02(m): 10:54am On Mar 18, 2013
*sigh*
Why would the state government forcefull install a traditional ruler on a community? Is he a chairman?
Why is all this rub.bish happening in this government of GE? Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 18, 2013
You'd hear great Philosophers saying that in every nonsense there could be a Sense.

Who would resort to burning houses for no concrete reason? There must have been something fishy about the appointment of the Ruler by the Govt-Was he really the right Choice?

I taught its democracy, why then impose a Leader on the people?

If there's an entity that should be answering Plethoria of questions on this ill act, it has to be the Government.
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by xynerise: 11:07am On Mar 18, 2013
Hope his appointment was not based on Nepotism?
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2013
If only the Youths will all just smoke and chillax.. Who are they fighting for really?!

Fighting over who will be their Oga at the Top.. #MentalSlavery

4 Likes

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by strangest(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2013
heyyy yyahhhhh sorry... hope the police are there to maintain law and order....
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by martin1772(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2013
I wonder when all these fightin and destroyin of properties will stop, na there we dey sha
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by fitzmayowa: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2013
Not again this ilorin guys are really going nuts

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by strangest(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Okija_juju: If only the Youths will all just smoke and chillax.. Who are they fighting for really?!

guy you just abused one of my favourite sesame street actors sad
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by vanstanzy(m): 11:43am On Mar 18, 2013
Walexz02: *sigh*
Why would the state government forcefull install a traditional ruler on a community? Is he a chairman?
Why is all this rub.bish happening in this government of GE? Na wa o!

Blame GEJ as usual! Shior! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by dedons: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Na deir way na undecided
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Poolmaster83: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2013
ndi arah... lekwa ha, hachoro irim
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 18, 2013
Very bad

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Joe50(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
fighting for oga @ d top
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by ifyalways(f): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
I pity the youth of this generation.Flash them a little coins and they go haywire.They are nothing but prawns in the hands of the politicians,royals included.
How many times have they protested against the high rate of unemployment,ills affecting them directly?

sad

Egbon Jarus,its time to go home.start the grassroot revolution cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by mikeapollo: 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Yoruba people can only wage wars against their fellow Yoruba, but we find it difficult to fight strangers, visitors or other tribes!

Most wars in the histroy of Yoruba people are wars against fellow Yoruba. Even Modakeke-Ife wars of recent, Area Boys fights, Political wars etc
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
mikeapollo: Yoruba people can only wage wars against their fellow Yoruba, but we find it difficult to fight strangers, visitors or other tribes!

Most wars in the histroy of Yoruba people are wars against fellow Yoruba. Even Modakeke-Ife wars of recent, Area Boys fights, Political wars etc
with due respect sir what exactly is the point you want us to extract wit all dis ur ranting cus it seems meaningless to me, thanks.
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by mikeapollo: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
Human_being1st: with due respect sir what exactly is the point you want us to extract wit all dis ur ranting cus it seems meaningless to me, thanks.

I dont owe you any explanation.

I only made an observation as regards civil unrests/riots/wars that involve we Yoruba people.
I have noticed that all the tribal wars that Yoruba people had fought in history were wars between one Yoruba ethnic group against another Yoruba ethnic group, but NEVER against another different tribe.

In essence, I was just trying to underscore how the Yoruba accomodate the excess of their strangers, visitors and other tribes, but would not mind to go to war with a fellow Yoruba ethnic group that does similar thing to us......so that attitude can be seen as either positive or negative
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by codelord: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
Thats the former court of appeal president (Justice Isa Ayo Salami) hometown Ganmo!!!!
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by mrofficial2(m): 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
Lawlessness.
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by tayoccu(m): 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Na wah o!
Yet they claim to be the harmony state.
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by mu2sa2: 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
martin1772: I wonder when all these fightin and destroyin of properties will stop, na there we dey sha
The problem is that across nigeria govts hardly respond to peaceful, civilized demands, so people see violence as the alternative to getting their voices heard!
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by b03liberty(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
i weep for my love to this community embarassed embarassed embarassed.that was where i finish my secondary education. the violence is not today and i wonder why govt still insist on this kingship installation
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by hot937(f): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
Okija_juju: If only the Youths will all just smoke and chillax..

10000000000000000000000 likes

1 Like

Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by Alaanyihaji(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
vanstanzy:

Blame GEJ as usual! Shior! undecided undecided undecided
Let's look inwards. The state has just lost its Commissioner of Police in a very worrisome circumstance, Offa and Erinle crisis has been on for some time now and we suddenly woke up to this mindless burning of houses. The state that prides itself as a state of harmony. The previous week, we heard of cult clash that claimed some lives at some parts of the state capital. What is happening?
Alaanyihaji:
Alaanyihaji:
Re: Houses Burnt, People Injured In Kwara Kingship Tussle. by shamson: 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
mikeapollo:

I dont owe you any explanation.

I only made an observation as regards civil unrests/riots/wars that involve we Yoruba people.
I have noticed that all the tribal wars that Yoruba people had fought in history were wars between one Yoruba ethnic group against another Yoruba ethnic group, but NEVER against another different tribe.

In essence, I was just trying to underscore how the Yoruba accomodate the excess of their strangers, visitors and other tribes, but would not mind to go to war with a fellow Yoruba ethnic group that does similar thing to us......so that attitude can be seen as either positive or negative
The case in kwara is different.The situation that give the hausa fulani that have settle and take the reign of ethnic power from the original land owners have not been reversed.
Reason, the people are agitating, and unless the afonjas are given what is rightly belong to them by stopping the dominance of the settlers, the story of war may never find end in kwara and environ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gender Equality Bill Will Be Re-presented – Saraki / State Of The Nation: noa Calls For Peace, Tolerance And Caution / Nigeria Not Ripe For Electronic Voting, Says INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.