Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? (1615 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by chisco: 10:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Please i would like help with a complete of documents to look out for when purchasing a used car.
Re: What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by chisco: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
Still waiting for response.
Re: What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by chisco: 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bump
Re: What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by micklplus(m): 12:00am On Mar 24, 2013
Car Registration Documents-
Proof of Ownership
Probably- Original custom paper.

I think that's all really.
Re: What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by amdman: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2013
micklplus: Car Registration Documents-
Proof of Ownership
Probably- Original custom paper.

I think that's all really.

Standard documents issued in Lagos are proof of ownership, allocation of registration number and treasury receipt. You should collect these from the seller, including custom duty payment papers. To avoid going to prison if the car is eventually found to be a stolen vehicle, you can also do police report or court affidavit. These will prove that you bought the car in good faith.
Re: What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by micklplus(m): 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
^^Oh ok, thanks.
Re: What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? by chisco: 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Thanks for the information, Amdman & Micklplus. But is the custom duty payment paper necessary when buying a nigerian used car?

(1) (Reply)

Most Number Plates In Ibadan Are Lagos Number,why? / Top 10 Future Car Features / I NEED ADVICE ON NUMBER PLATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.