Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway (6831 Views)

N2.6trn Govt Deposits In 20,000 Bank Accounts To Be Closed This Week / Fashola Beats Jonathan In Railway Devt —group / ‘ There Is No Transformation In Railway System’ ~ Rowland Ataguba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by talk2s(m): 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
ayox2003: Ha! 500billion is not enough, 700billion is not enough. A whole 1.6 trillion!!!

Is the railway getting to Paris?

Little wonder the DG of the budget office has been accused of sending mails to different ministries not to amend the budget even after the National Assembly crossed-out some irrelevant expenditures.

Now I concur with Bakare's statement that GEJ's aim is to bankrupt and balkanise Nigeria. And he would do all he can to raise money towards 2015.

Frawzey

Let me use this time to state emphatically that you guys that are calling Mr. President names are doing yourselves, Nigerians and our children, yet unborn more harm than good.
Ignorant of this fact is never an excuse.
The earlier all of you that indulge in this act realize that President Goodluck Ebele Johnathan is (at present) in charge of the political, economic, and social wellbeing of Nigerians,by virtue of the office he occupies, and desist from calling him names which are capable of negatively imparting on his policies and programmes - because words are spirit, they create the future- the better this country will be good for us all
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Sibrah: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Good luck to the Goodluck J. admin
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
ayox2003: Ha! 500billion is not enough, 700billion is not enough. A whole 1.6 trillion!!!

Is the railway getting to Paris?

Little wonder the DG of the budget office has been accused of sending mails to different ministries not to amend the budget even after the National Assembly crossed-out some irrelevant expenditures.

Now I concur with Bakare's statement that GEJ's aim is to bankrupt and balkanise Nigeria. And he would do all he can to raise money towards 2015.

Frawzey

That is like 10 Billion $$ . . . I honestly wont even make worry about the money/cost as long as we know we are getting reliable trains and not the box that was shown in the pix that i have seen in the other train that was recently done, where people are spending like a day to travel from ONDO - Akure (not too sure of the city oh) to Lagos . . .
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Dovahkiin(m): 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
blisco:
I only blame your father for having unprotected sex with you mother !! Ewu!!
Joined 2009, 7 posts, all 7 posts reek of severe ret@rdation , troll or samefag(roscisky abi wetin be in name) 1/10 made me reply smiley
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by talk2s(m): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
skyp: Nigerians don't be deceived, the money being allocated to different projects right nöw take it from me that larger part of the money is met to finance 2015 election because by the commencement of 2014 all the money will be diverted to election campaign thereby abandoning the most essential on going project.

It's Construction of rail ways, not ROAD gradding.

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Samsantos9: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nice..
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by ewet: 5:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
This figures are mind bugling and wht kind of railways are we talking abt,hope its not the old decrepit ones china and other more advanced countries are tryin 2 ship off tht we are crying uhuru abt acquiring.
Look naija is the only country tht does things d same way and xpct same result. The govt is involved with so many thngs it ordinarily shuld not.Govt to giv u uninterrupted power,good hospitals,good schools,security,gud roads and social insfracstructure,gud aviation sector to mention but a few. but they have not bin able to achive any1 of these. now its railways. na wah for this govt.
Wht we need is a total change of the way govt is run,GEj is not really the problem or delivering prrojects but the system we operate is totally defective and nothng gud can comeout of it.This shuld be the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA GEJ shuld seek by letting us have true federalism where each region will seek devt based on their own individual priorities.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by akingangan: 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
great
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Fhemmmy: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
ewet: This figures are mind bugling and wht kind of railways are we talking abt,hope its not the old decrepit ones china and other more advanced countries are tryin 2 ship off tht we are crying uhuru abt acquiring.
Look naija is the only country tht does things d same way and xpct same result. The govt is involved with so many thngs it ordinarily shuld not.Govt to giv u uninterrupted power,good hospitals,good schools,security,gud roads and social insfracstructure,gud aviation sector to mention but a few. but they have not bin able to achive any1 of these. now its railways. na wah for this govt.
Wht we need is a total change of the way govt is run,GEj is not really the problem or delivering prrojects but the system we operate is totally defective and nothng gud can comeout of it.This shuld be the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA GEJ shuld seek by letting us have true federalism where each region will seek devt based on their own individual priorities.

Check out this thread . https://www.nairaland.com/1226729/train-ride-lagos-kano-live. . . hopefully you could see the pix of some of the train well . . . hope this is NOT what we will be getting at that kinda price.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Chillypelly(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Can some one tell me why the famous Onisha-Owerri-Aba rail line is missing on the list... Is it something about Rochas and APC
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by ewet: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
Rossikk:

Sorry but that line is TIRED. The federal govt has delivered on projects it said it would deliver on. Such as the Lagos-Kano rail line which is WORKING as we speak. So take your unfounded pessimism and go jump in the river with it.
Tht project was initiated in 2009.Your GEJ is getting it all wrong,Its not abt him or hw many projects he wants to do,our problem is not hw many roads or rail lines we can build but tht we need to change the way governance operates.Look at naija"s budget over the years,thy have bin under implemented and we always hav a deficit,it is also so lopsided tht the center takes the largest proportion to the detriment of the states,govt is obviously too large. True federalism is the answer and let each state/region take control of there own devt.We need a weaker center with strong semi independent units.Your GEj and his PDP are not seeing this but keep putting us thru this inefficient system,tht has failed us over and over again.
The best your GEJ can do for us is to let us have the kind of pre 1966 govt structure we operated not necessarily parliarmentary.Then with this the devt we seek will come.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by vanstanzy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
Another mega investment on railway?? well hope it yields.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Rossikk(m): 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
ewet:
Tht project was initiated in 2009.Your GEJ is getting it all wrong,Its not abt him or hw many projects he wants to do,our problem is not hw many roads or rail lines we can build but tht we need to change the way governance operates.Look at naija"s budget over the years,thy have bin under implemented and we always hav a deficit,it is also so lopsided tht the center takes the largest proportion to the detriment of the states,govt is obviously too large. True federalism is the answer and let each state/region take control of there own devt.We need a weaker center with strong semi independent units.Your GEj and his PDP are not seeing this but keep putting us thru this inefficient system,tht has failed us over and over again.
The best your GEJ can do for us is to let us have the kind of pre 1966 govt structure we operated not necessarily parliarmentary.Then with this the devt we seek will come.
My brother, the world doesn't work that way. You cannot say you will refuse to acknowledge the strides being made by the nation because your preferred political system is not in place. I'm sure if they asked everyone here, each person will come up with what he considers the most ideal system for the country, many that will even contradict yours. So please save discussion of political structure for another thread, or you can start a different thread on that.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by ayox2003: 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
azpekuliar:

This is railway construction that will criss-cross the length and breadth of the country, and it's capital intensive. We're not talking about some dual carriage expressway construction here.

Az, u've always known me even before I started making comments on this section. If GEJ does well, why would I crucify him? What's the use? All the good he's done earned my praise.

Gotthard Base Tunnel railway in Switzerland costs also $10billion dollars and its been ongoing since 1996. They gonna complete it by 2016.

Because we want something doesn't mean we should be cheated out of it. How many lines do they wanna lay and how many miles? Huh? That's like 30% of this years budget.

Haba. $10billion dollars in 2 years when we're not sending the rails to Mars.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
ayox2003:

Az, u've always known me even before I started making comments on this section. If GEJ does well, why would I crucify him? What's the use? All the good he's done earned my praise.

Gotthard Base Tunnel railway in Switzerland costs also $10billion dollars and its been ongoing since 1996. They gonna complete it by 2016.

Because we want something doesn't mean we should be cheated out of it. How many lines do they wanna lay and how many miles? Huh? That's like 30% of this years budget.

Haba. $10billion dollars in 2 years when we're not sending the rails to Mars.

Frawzey

N1.6 trillion is just under $7 billion cool. Anyway, it ain't far from your $10 billion.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan:

N1.6 trillion is just under $7 billion cool. Anyway, it ain't far from your $10 billion.

What rate was used for your conversion . . . . Cost at a rate of 160 Naira to 1$$ . . . . It is for sure 10 Billion $$
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

What rate was used for your conversion . . . . Cost at a rate of 160 Naira to 1$$ . . . . It is for sure 10 Billion $$

I used N157. You're right though, the exchange rate has shot up to N160 in the past few weeks.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by ayox2003: 5:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan:

Lol. What's the price of dollar? Approx 160naira. Do the maths.

Frawzey
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
Talk is cheap, privatization is the only answer to our rail problem.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by kpozite(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
story story na today
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Kairoseki77: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
Uhhh...how much much will be stolen?

The thieves aren't scared anymore! They can get that Presidential pardon now.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by itsmayiela(m): 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
but i tot dis govt ppl hav realizd dat nigerians hav bcom wiser dan b4. We don read thousands of all dis vision and project plans.....none has eva seen d light of d day.....all na job.
Iya basira,abeg serve me eba and owho soup o'jare

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Ebestsmscom: 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
I am proud being a 9jarian.

I love news like this.

GEJ you try pass in this one.

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by stantob(m): 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
Idris Umar,you want to loot or invest?This question is for you and your cohorts.Invest indeed.The millions of dollars invested into gas turbine both in Rivers state and Aba is still to be accounted for because those gas turbines are not functional and that of Alaoji Aba,has become an abadon project.Wicked and heartless rulers in the name of leaders.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by lateef4me(m): 7:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Another promises delivered ......Jonathan is working silently while haters are speaking rubbish. Just deliver on power and see my campaign for your presidency !
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by seunfly: 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
I have stop believing our gov when they talk since OBJ time when he promised stable electricity and functional railway which make them to allocate $18 bn for railway alone, it's same way Oga jona allocated trillions of naira to defence with the promise that there will no insecurity issue again, yet the story still remain the same.
I am not against jonathan but i am against anything our government will do to hurt us and take us for a fool again.
Goodluck to him if he can achieve those milestones i will put him in a special place in my life.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Emade(m): 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Dem won tel us another story again o... Story story...Story ;DDem won tel us another story again o... Story story...Story
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by DobleO7: 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
What do we as Nigerians really want?...We complain virtually about everything.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Ama28(f): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fraud fraud fraud! A project that was initially planned for and fully funded has time over run and had a fresh allocation and is still having time over run. It is costing us the sum of N195b to conduct a feasibility study. Even the feasibility study conducted before going to the moon is not this cost intensive! Out of the 1.09billion only 200million was provided as what percent of the total budget? And people are dancing azonto on this topic

Accord to this write up "It recalled that N1.09bn was allocated to the project in the 2011 budget; N626.69m was released but only N195.47m was utilised as at the end of the third quarter of 2011. Six hunddred and something million was released, one ninety five million was utilised please where is the rest of the released money cos till date we are still budgetting on that project!

Mr Jonathan is purely fundraising for his presidential ambition come 2015, we will wait for him at the voting point, then shall he understand what it means to be a fraudster!
This is so sad, yet he is here licking the spit of bill gate for fund for polio. This money could kick polio out of Nigeria and Pakistan!

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
DobleO7: What do we as Nigerians really want?...We complain virtually about everything.

What is wanted or needed that has been provided ?

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by kiyosaki1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
DobleO7: What do we as Nigerians really want?...We complain virtually about everything.
what we want is a good and responsive government
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Rossikk(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

What is wanted or needed that has been provided ?
How did you manage to type your words onto this forum? You think the infrastructure that enabled that just fell from the sky?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. / Kwara State SME Recovery Fund For Looted Shop Owners / LG Poll: Gombe APC Holds Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.